Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,157 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents (14960 Views)

Borno Residents Reject Repentant Boko Haram Members / Obiageli Mazi Receives N1 Million Donations From Borno Residents / Borno Residents Wash And Sweep Ramat Square After Atiku's Visit Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by nick50(m): 10:45am On Dec 22, 2020
They failed cos borno is not lekki toll gate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by capitalzero: 10:46am On Dec 22, 2020
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Vistra40: 10:47am On Dec 22, 2020
Arrewa:

Nairaland should have different classes for people. There should be an exam you must take to join certain conversations on Twitter. Like a common sense exam.

This app is like putting students from Jss1 together with postgrads in a hall & ask them to discuss sub atomic particles in quantum mechanics. So folks jumping into discuss above their mental capacity just to be ''Woke'' makes it annoying.

Dear Mr...

This is what Governor Zulum said...

“I have had occasions to defend the Nigerian military in order to boost the morale of commanders and their troops at the front lines because I know the true picture of things, however, I am really disappointed that despite all support from both the federal government and from us in Borno state, our military is failing to secure an area of 20 kilometers." -

Where is this hatred for zulum coming from??

Dude, you really have time to reply everyone today. By the way who told you all of the people you quoted are igbos? Igbos may not be perfect but the way you go about tagging everyone with a contrary view an igbo person shows the deep hatred you have for the tribe. I admire Zulum and to me he is the best governor in Nigeria at the moment, but what he said about his state being safe few weeks ago contradicts what he is saying now about the inability of the army to protect citizens. It is better if he had kept quiet and not made that statement at all. Insecurity has worsened all over the country and I am saying it not because I don’t like the president but because it is today’s reality, afterall I was once a supporter of buhari. Go to the pages of national dailies on facebook and read comments, you will see that Nigerians across tribes are not happy with the government of the day. Don’t just stay on Nairaland and assume it is only igbos that speak ill of the government and showing your hatred for the people.

1 Like

Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Azmanaty: 10:48am On Dec 22, 2020
HarunaWest:

Like you lied again. That you visited Borno doesnt make it your home. Stop lying.

Mister Man, U don't even know me to start saying all the trash above.. if U don't believe me, its ur freaking bizness
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Nchenches: 10:48am On Dec 22, 2020
Borno was failed by its leaders in 1999 through joining Fulani to adopt unconstitutional Islamic Sharia criminal laws.

Boko Haram which says it’s fighting for a country to be governed with Islamic Sharia criminal laws emerged after 1999.

Because there are many Christians in Borno area, Boko Haram had to start its Jihad in Borno area.
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Lastmankc(m): 10:49am On Dec 22, 2020
Arrewa:
Dear Easterners!!

Leave zulum for us the northerners!!

We know you all hated this man right from time!!

Zulum is better than all Eastern politicians put together!!

Leave zulum and face your politicians!!

Zulum never asked to be praised!!

Zulum is more concern about his region!!

Zulum is never a threat to anyone's presidency!!

His only crime is to acknowledge buhari's effort in the war against Bokoharam in Borno!

You people are pathetic!!

God bless Babagana Zulum!!

Arewa youths are solidly behind zulum!
So any one that opposes this government is an Easterner? You really need a brain transplant ASAP

1 Like

Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by boldaslion: 10:49am On Dec 22, 2020
Eriokanmi:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/432452-kidnappings-nigerian-army-has-failed-borno-residents-zulum.html

Yet with all these their problem is Eastern Security Network. Northerners are daft. ESN is not boko haram o. Let me sound a note of warning to the invaders from sahel. Any attempt to attack the ESN will result in the total annihilation of the north. This is not 1967. You dont mess with Biafrans. The world will no longer be deceived like in 1967, so they will not support Nigeria in the event of outbreak of hostilities. Be warned
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 22, 2020
Arrewa:
Dear Easterners!!

His only crime is to acknowledge buhari's effort in the war against Bokoharam in Borno!

Seems Bubu recently paid your 30k

1 Like

Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Nchenches: 10:52am On Dec 22, 2020
Azmanaty:
Foolish zulum

I tot he said security has improved since the dullard took over.. he should enjoy it while it lasts and He should stop disturbing our ears abeg

All of them are in TAQQIYA. Don’t mind them. They know what to do to let Boko Haram fight stop: RENOUNCE THEIR ADOPTED ISLAMIC SHARIA CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM.

1 Like

Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by HarunaWest(m): 10:53am On Dec 22, 2020
Azmanaty:

Mister Man, U don't even know me to start saying all the trash above.. if U don't believe me, its ur freaking bizness
Your class of Homo Sapien.

Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Indispensable85(m): 10:54am On Dec 22, 2020
Just be bold enough to say buhari has failed.
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Born2Breed(f): 10:55am On Dec 22, 2020
This idiot is here lying again. Borno is very secure and the soldiers are doing everything to protect the citizens.
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Pharaoh4rin(m): 10:58am On Dec 22, 2020
This brilliant governor displayed his northern folly and character when confessed that security and economy had improve fairly well under this regime. I don't know if he (or his family) was held at gunpoint to make that confession. Because, it's crazy!
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Liodins: 11:01am On Dec 22, 2020
The Nigerian army has failed the north but their commander in chief always get praises from the same governor. Well done sir
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Angrymode: 11:02am On Dec 22, 2020
I actually thought this Zalum or Zulum was any different.

He is just another Northerner basking in their hypocritical sunlight of stupidity.

Wetin concern me lipsrsealed
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 22, 2020
Farki:

1.Nigerian army that feeds, shelters and releases terrorists? grin

2.The one that refuses to go after the sponsors because "it is not their job"?

3.The one that refuses to give soldiers weapons and ammunition?

4.The one that refuses to answer cries for help as farmers are beheaded?

1. The Nigerian Army uses Boko Haram terrorists for shooting practice. Boko Haram fighters are usually tortured to death , infact, those that are captured are killed in the worst possible way. These fighters killed most times include children and malnourished teenagers mutilated to pieces. If the pictures are released, the same Amnesty International will call for the sanction of Nigeria. Those presented as repentant Boko Haram members are either kidnapped kids turned fighters (in very rare cases) and family members/friends who did not report to the army that the knew a Boko Haram member living with them (in most cases). Right groups believe that the Nigerian Army should respect the rules of engagement while fighting terrorists who do not respect this same rule. If there are no prisoners of war, investigations would be launched into the extrajudicial killings of terrorists in the North East in gruesome manners.

2. The NIA and DSS are responsible for undercover works. At least four people were arrested recently in Dubai for sponsoring Boko Haram. Boko Haram/ISWAP is an extension of ISIS in the Middle East. MOST of their funding and military training comes from there.
The Nigerian Government should do more to clamp down on the few domestic Boko Haram sponsors.

3. Soldiers are given weapons and forget what the media tells you, the Nigerian Army has more sophisticated weapons than the terrorists. There was a battle that the Jihadists attacked a battalion of the Nigerian army that had up to 20 gun trucks with just 4 gun trucks.
The problem is lack of motivation because the villagers connive with the terrorists. They love the terrorists more than the Nigerian army.

4. The Nigerian Army lost more men in 2018 and 2019 because of their strategy.
Their strategy was to build small military camps of about 50 - 100 soldiers after every 10-15km in the outskirts of Maiduguri. The technique made sure that there was army presence in almost all nooks and crannies of Borno. But the problem was that the terrorists will single out a particular military base which had just 100 men and launch attacks on such military base with over 700-800 Boko Haram fighters and since it's not a Hollywood blockbuster, the Boko Haram fighters definitely have superior fire advantage with 800 men compared to the small 80- 100 soldiers in the small camps. The villagers also aided this because if the Army marches to a village to fight the Boko Haram members, the Boko Haram members flee because of Intel they get from the villagers but the villagers never notified the Army of an impending attack even if it was 30 minutes before the attack.

To safe our innocent soldiers, small camps were dismantled and super camps were built. These super camps can have up to 1500 soldiers and a better fire power than the number of Boko Haram fighters than can be mobilized for an attack at a given time. So the Strategy is that since they villagers are not able to collaborate with the 80 -100 soldiers living among them and protecting them , let the soldiers stay in their hundreds and thousands in Super camps. When the villagers have information of an attack, they can then inform the army who will move from the super camp to the location to battle the insurgents.

That's why they now attack villagers who give information to the Nigerian army. How do they know the villagers who give information to the Nigerian army? Fellow villagers who pay taxes to Boko Haram and provide them with food and other necessaries snitch on the good ones. For instance, if the owner of a rice farm is not loyal to the insurgents, all his workers are automatically termed enemies of Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by annyz: 11:05am On Dec 22, 2020
Eriokanmi:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/432452-kidnappings-nigerian-army-has-failed-borno-residents-zulum.html

Zulum!! We still believe & still believing you when you told us that North is safer under this administration.

Let it remain the same okay?
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Azmanaty: 11:07am On Dec 22, 2020
HarunaWest:

Your class of Homo Sapien.

Yen yen yen yen
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Szkpytqgdcvx925: 11:09am On Dec 22, 2020
Azmanaty:
Foolish zulum

I tot he said security has improved since the dullard took over.. he should enjoy it while it lasts and He should stop disturbing our ears abeg

Foolish, what is your concern with zulum, stupid man worshipping daft gej
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Szkpytqgdcvx925: 11:12am On Dec 22, 2020
Redhot111:
Is governor Zulum mad? He used to be about the only governor I respect until a couple of weeks ago when he came up to tell us that the dead one in ASO rock is doing well security wise despite the fact that Boko boys are killing his people on daily basis. Now how does he expect us to support him on this one again. If you take me to the river and leave me in the middle of it and I eventually manage to get to the shore, next time don't come and expect me to follow you to the middle of that river again. Never again Zulum. The armies and bubu are doing very well as far as we are concerned. Cry your cry and let me cry my cry please

shut up, if u like respect him if u like don't. ur respect didn't made him a governor. online warrior
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by lexy2014: 11:15am On Dec 22, 2020
Azmanaty:
Foolish zulum

It's amazing. Buhari hasn't failed in terms of security in borno but d army has failed in borno. I don't understand. Is buhari d security man in borno or d army?
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Yeeyo: 11:40am On Dec 22, 2020
buhari fail Nigerian
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by LoudLord(m): 11:40am On Dec 22, 2020
Mgbadike80:
Zulum is a big fool playing politics with human lives, he should cry to Buhari, who is the commander in chief of the Nigerian armed forces. We southerners cannot cry more than the bereaved so Zulum should stop been a nuisance with his outbursts.

Oponu ayi Rada

Abeg go get sense
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Ihatemumu: 11:47am On Dec 22, 2020
Arrewa:
Zulum never asked to be trusted by the Igbos.

You people never trusted or loved him.

You people are the first to celebrate whenever Bokoharam strike any village killing innocent women and children.

You people are only waiting for opportunities like this to display your hatred.

Zulum was right...

Bokoharam no longer control places the way they used to.

When zulum attack the government and the military... You all cheered him!

But the moment he acknowledged the president effort in tackling insurgency in the state... You all become furious and started attacking the governor.

Why this hatred??

Zulum remain a Hero to his people!!!

Shut up Religion of peace,
You guys created BH now the cub has turned into a beast and you are seeking for public sympathy !!

Nigeria would have been a first world country if Northerners weren't part of it, you guys have taken this blessed country so backwards it will take 4 generations to get it right.
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by chidinwachukwu(m): 12:01pm On Dec 22, 2020
Arrewa:
Zulum never asked to be trusted by the Igbos.

You people never trusted or loved him.

You people are the first to celebrate whenever Bokoharam strike any village killing innocent women and children.

You people are only waiting for opportunities like this to display your hatred.

Zulum was right...

Bokoharam no longer control places the way they used to.

When zulum attack the government and the military... You all cheered him!

But the moment he acknowledged the president effort in tackling insurgency in the state... You all become furious and started attacking the governor.

Why this hatred??

Zulum remain a Hero to his people!!!

Lol,always generalizing,clown that has never crossed boundary between kaduna and Kano.
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Omoslim26: 12:04pm On Dec 22, 2020
Arrewa:
Dear Easterners!!

Bia you sure se them no use easterner do you sha so everyone dat does not fit your narrative or makes a negative post about the north on dis forum must be an easterner
i have frnds from Kaduna and Kastina and they will never stop cursing this Govt and the northern Governors for playing politics with terrorism in the North are they also easterners?

sometimes you tend to almost sound somewhat intelligent but tribal bigotry has totally eaten u up
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Omoslim26: 12:05pm On Dec 22, 2020
Arrewa:
Dear Easterners!!

Bia you sure se them no use easterner do you sha so everyone dat does not fit your narrative or makes a negative post about the north on dis forum must be an easterner
i have frnds from Kaduna and Kastina and they will never stop cursing this Govt and the northern Governors for playing politics with terrorism in the North are they also easterners?

sometimes you tend to almost sound somewhat intelligent but tribal bigotry has totally eaten u up

Shun tribal bigotry it makes people sound stupid

Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Sunnyja: 12:20pm On Dec 22, 2020
Mgbadike80:
Zulum is a big fool playing politics with human lives, he should cry to Buhari, who is the commander in chief of the Nigerian armed forces. We southerners cannot cry more than the bereaved so Zulum should stop been a nuisance with his outbursts.
It's possible that the south might Soo be infiltrated by these extremist by then we will cry more than the bereaved. What security arrangement apart from the other ill equipped Amotekun
do we have in the south?! Depending on the federal police for protection when the chips are down is the greatest joke of the century.
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by Ojycelarma: 12:20pm On Dec 22, 2020
Who are this people posting pictures na?? Is that the picture of the whole of borno or is that just the capital of the state?
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by baratech: 12:23pm On Dec 22, 2020
But Zulum said security has improved greatly...... Why is he now crying
Re: Governor Zulum: Nigerian Army Has Failed Borno Residents by dahnimoh(m): 12:23pm On Dec 22, 2020
I thought security situation is better now than during Good luck time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vested Interest In APC Delaying Emergence Of Tinubu’s Running Mate / Abia Speaker Commissions Bakery, Urges Abia People To Patronize Their Own / If We Don’t Root Out Bandits, Nigeria Is Finished — TY Danjuma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.