Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,678 members, 7,831,106 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Stop Using Pos Stand Outside Any Corporate Firm - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Stop Using Pos Stand Outside Any Corporate Firm (902 Views)

Man Warns Nigerians In Enugu: Stop Using My Picture To Scam Women / EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally / 3-year-old Girl's Dead Body Found After Dad Made Her Stand Outside At 3am (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Using Pos Stand Outside Any Corporate Firm by eddynaira125: 11:58am On Dec 22, 2020
Most of this POS stand outside banks, malls hospital e.tc are been own by fraudster popularly know as Yahoo boys.

You would want to know why they own this establishment

The previous idea for them creating this business is to cover up for their fraud act, and also for the public to assume them as genuine husslers, by so doing it tries to prevent unnecessary observation from the public and security agency.

But we all know that due to Covid-19 it is not easy to carry out fraud in d international community, so this fraudster has device a new means of defrauding people using the business platform know as POS stand.

How the act is being carried out

When you provide your ATM card to withdraw fund from your account, they simply capture the important details like card numbers, Security, expiring date or they can simply snap it or open a live camera and all the details is secret conserve

After about 1 month and above they start using this details to debit your account.

Or patiently waiting for it to be credited b4 making any move

Less I forget some of the banks staff are aiding this crime for the fraudster, that is another story for another day.

Beware of POS Stand

2 Likes

Re: Stop Using Pos Stand Outside Any Corporate Firm by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 22, 2020
eddynaira125:
Most of this POS stand outside banks, malls hospital e.tc are been own by fraudster popularly know as Yahoo boys.

You would want to know why they own this establishment

The previous idea for them creating this business is to cover up for their fraud act, and also for the public to assume them as genuine husslers, by so doing it tries to prevent unnecessary observation from the public and security agency.

But we all know that due to Covid-19 it is not easy to carry out fraud in d international community, so this fraudster has device a new means of defrauding people using the business platform know as POS stand.

How the act is being carried out

When you provide your ATM card to withdraw fund from your account, they simply capture the important details like card numbers, Security, expiring date or they can simply snap it or open a live camera and all the details is secret conserve

After about 1 month and above they start using this details to debit your account.

Or patiently waiting for it to be credited b4 making any move

Less I forget some of the banks staff are aiding this crime for the fraudster, that is another story for another day.

Beware of POS Stand

I have experienced the bolded in a supermarket before. It took me almost unaware. The sales lady started fidgeting when I caught her red handed. I raised no alarm. I immediately disabled my ATM card.

4 Likes

Re: Stop Using Pos Stand Outside Any Corporate Firm by eddynaira125: 12:29pm On Dec 22, 2020
Front page

Lala

1 Like

Re: Stop Using Pos Stand Outside Any Corporate Firm by Neddstark: 3:16pm On Dec 22, 2020
This is 100% feasible. I was in a clothing shop once and wanted to pay via POS but the present POS was not working. That is how the sales girl took my card to go into her boss office to pick the other POS machine. Me being frantic knowing my card was risky being in her hand opened the so-called oga office. Saw this girl looking at my card and pressing her phone. When I accused this bitch for fraud, that is how she was swearing and ready to pick up a fight with me over it. I simply took my card and left. Broke it that day and requested for another immediately. Nigeria is a jungle. One second of non-vigilance and you will be preyed upon. If you must pay with POS, dont let your eyes go off your card untill it is back in your hands.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Using Pos Stand Outside Any Corporate Firm by meobizy(f): 6:44pm On Dec 22, 2020
Abegi, unnecessary vigilance. If money is deducted from my account, I’ll report to the bank immediately. They have records of every transaction made from my account. If they find the illegal transaction they can refund the money back, close the account and then wait for the criminal to physically show up. A better scam is deducting two Naira extra from every POS user. One can make at least five hundred Naira a day at least and maybe three thousand five hundred Naira on a good day. I don’t know anybody who’ll cause a ruckus from such a small transaction.
Re: Stop Using Pos Stand Outside Any Corporate Firm by Atk1nson(m): 8:35pm On Dec 22, 2020
meobizy:
Abegi, unnecessary vigilance. If money is deducted from my account, I’ll report to the bank immediately. They have records of every transaction made from my account. If they find the illegal transaction they can refund the money back, close the account and then wait for the criminal to physically show up. A better scam is deducting two Naira extra from every POS user. One can make at least five hundred Naira a day at least and maybe three thousand five hundred Naira on a good day. I don’t know anybody who’ll cause a ruckus from such a small transaction.

So if they use your card details to make purchases online, the bank will refund it to you?

1 Like

Re: Stop Using Pos Stand Outside Any Corporate Firm by adedehinbo(m): 8:43pm On Dec 22, 2020
Terrible

(1) (Reply)

Woman Assults And Insults Police And Police Assult Her Back Out Of Provocation / Old Woman Hijacked Bus From Driver In Lagos / We Must Avoid Any Protest At All Costs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.