Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,969 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London (29599 Views)

Nigeria’s Election Badly Flawed, INEC Failed, Says Financial Times Of London / Venezuela Using Nigerian Influencers To Wage Twitter War - Financial Times / Trump Said Buhari Is So Lifeless - Financial Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 22, 2020
CSTRR:

The youths are not that different.

My young sister in the university was just telling me how youths have embezzled 400 million naira released by the Delta State govt for bursary.

Restricting the leadership to the youth is nice but does not solve anything.

Look for people of principle, integrity and a track record of competence irrespective of their age.
Agreed
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by Goddyj(m): 6:42pm On Dec 22, 2020
Why can't they stop being economical with the truth.
Say it the way it is: Nigeria is a failed State embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by chaloskyx: 6:48pm On Dec 22, 2020
WHO CARES IT SHOULD KUKU FAIL LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by complexBoss12: 6:59pm On Dec 22, 2020
freeman5050:

YOU ARE A FOOL. That's why there is no common sense in all of you over at the Northern side.

Firstly, don't go about calling people fools
secondly, that's clearly a satire ( do you know what satire means or I should explain??)
Thirdly, you are new on nairaland ( the only reason I replied you). so watch and learn!!

now run along jr.
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by TemmyT002(m): 7:12pm On Dec 22, 2020
Abi it is already a failed state. We just dey manage am like that
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by Okoroawusa: 7:24pm On Dec 22, 2020
SocialJustice:
Lol, Nigeria is already a failed state. I even heard Syria - a war torn country has better health care.
Go to Syria then
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by Ryan03(f): 7:37pm On Dec 22, 2020
rosskiti:

Nigerian army is not a person that you can accuse of wickedness. It comprises over 100,000 humans like you. Many of them have been killed in numerous battles against Boko Haram.

If you cannot appreciate the sacrifice those dead soldiers made, you're a mentally sick individual with no morals.

You can scoff and be loud and arrogant. But we are all answerable to Karma, which is the natural law of the Creator.

So keep being evil hearted. What you sow you will reap.

I shall not respond to you any further.
sounds like a broken record. Na by force to appreciate you and your ilks? Leave me alone na, carry your foolish karki go front
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by aribisala0(m): 7:44pm On Dec 22, 2020
I am not a supporter of Buhari
Still it would be naive to imagine that the Financial Times is writing from a position of journalistic integrity. This article is planted (I am not saying it is true or False ) but it is planted no doubt
I cannot believe that in the whole world this is the most important thing to write about now

It is interesting they do not talk about Yemen that is being bombed to oblivion by British Bombs

OR

Libya that was destroyed by NATO bombs

It is not in Western interests for any strong African Nation to energe
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by felzokugo(m): 7:58pm On Dec 22, 2020
Isn't it failed already? Old news.....Mtcheeeeeew!!!
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by RichAbujaGuy: 8:02pm On Dec 22, 2020
The Financial Times better concentrate on home.

The UK Government Is Broke! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/6326130/uk-government-broke

Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by LO18(m): 8:07pm On Dec 22, 2020
SilverNorGold:
So true.. PDP really destroyed Nigeria.. President Buhari is just like Jesus.. He's the one they always send to save Nigeria from the claws of saboteurs! Whenever things go south, and Nigeria in flames, they summon him from the North, to come and carry us on his shoulder to a place of safety..

Rebuilding the nation after rebuilding our lives... That's his mission in Nigeria... And he'll be hated... Persecuted by the same people that destroyed our glory.. But they'll fail because God is with him..

@Daddy, we will always remain grateful to you... God bless you..

God bless all patriotic Nigerians.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!
The Lord rebuke you
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by vioment: 8:34pm On Dec 22, 2020
gypsey:
I agree totally, but how can Nigeria get there?where do you start? More than half of Nigerians are corrupt to the core. Every Nigerian offers a brown evelope, demands for one or recieves one. You would have to overhaul the corrupt minsets of many Nigerians to begin with. Nigerians should begin by seeing fellow citizens as Nigerians not as people from other tribes that they must discriminate.

Chairman, you have said it all.

We need to look at each other as equals and partners. Like you said, our mindset needs to change for the better.

I don't think it can be changed by force, but equality rules/laws can influence it.

All leaders have to constantly encourage unity.

If you ask me how, and I begin tell you ideas of how, you might think am extreme like some of my homies around my way.

One idea I think, is that fg should own all lands. That means, all lands will be taxable depending on size. Am not saying fg should be all building landlord, but the land itself. That way, with time, a person will not feel so attached to a specific land or area. It will be more of staying somewhere for a reason like work, school, fun, or just rest of mind. All without too Mich worry.

To be continued
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by samdunzo: 8:50pm On Dec 22, 2020
Flytime:
shut up and stop blaming the uk
Did they not colonize the usa?
Where is the usa now?
Where they not in china?
Where is china now?
Where they not in Canada?
Where is canada now?
Don't they have a role in Canada politics?
Is canada not still good?
Ask yourself this questions

Africa isn't the only country colonized but of course the rest moved forward but africa continues to blame them

India may not be a good example of what a country should be but the uk robbed them of trillions of dollars when India was the richest country in the world in the past but guess what?,they are not complaining..they have moved forward,the uk left them poor and miserable but they are not complaining about the uk

It's only africa that blame the colonizers for their problems meanwhile counties like ethiopia that never got colonized is still the way it is

Asia and south america has forgotten about colonization but africa won't forget it an dmovw forward

The in gave us the opportunity to redraw our amps according to ethnicity but you g
Of course they voted against it so why are you blaming them?

In fact I think India is the best comparison to Nigeria, very similar diversity, same colonisers, and same North- South gap...
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by samdunzo: 9:01pm On Dec 22, 2020
gypsey:
That creature is a man, grin

I agree with you but religion and tribe will never take a back seat, I hear Nigerian politician saying shits like by the grace of God we will build hospital, i mean, come on!! Where are the funds meant to be for building the hospital?

Tribes and religion are the main things Nigerian leaders use during campaigns, most Nigerian vote for who ever belongs to their tribe or religious group, that is if the people's votes counts in Nigeria.

The division suggestions is just my opinion, it may not happen.

Division, as enticing as it sounds, wont happen for obvious reasons. Which is why In order to redeem this country, all Nigerians must embark on the 3R's:
Remembrance: How did we get here? What major events led to where we find ourselves today? I would say those events are the Civil War, economic crisis of the 80s, June 12, and the rise of Boko Haram
Reconciliation: Once we have identified the causes of our predicament, we need to sit down as a nation and chart a way forward. Do we want to remain as one? If we do, on what terms? I would recommend a National Reconciliation Conference, similar to what South Africa did after the end of apartheid.
Reconstruction/Restructuring: This is the part of the process most Nigerians call restructuring. Once we have a laid down plan, the next step is to follow it to the letter, like China did in the 80s and 90s. We can see the rewards of their patience today, as they are primed to take over the world. Obviously, that is a little far- reaching for us Nigerians, but with the right plan in place, we can definitely dominate Africa, and truly become the Giant we are supposed to be.
All in all, reversing the path we are going down wont be easy. But if we truly get it right, we can build a nation that we and our descendants will be proud of. Thank you and God Bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by Judgesledge(m): 9:21pm On Dec 22, 2020
happy200:
But why can't they mind their business.
global village my dear, when the crisis starts, don't start shouting and pleading for British intervention
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by freeman5050: 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2020
complexBoss12:

Firstly, don't go about calling people fools
secondly, that's clearly an irony ( do you know what irony means or I should explain??)
Thirdly, you are new on nairaland ( the only reason I replied you). so watch and learn!!

now run along jr.

I later found out you are trying to be sarcastic and I say sorry.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by goodheart02(m): 9:24pm On Dec 22, 2020
SilverNorGold:
So true.. PDP really destroyed Nigeria.. President Buhari is just like Jesus.. He's the one they always send to save Nigeria from the claws of saboteurs! Whenever things go south, and Nigeria in flames, they summon him from the North, to come and carry us on his shoulder to a place of safety..

Rebuilding the nation after rebuilding our lives... That's his mission in Nigeria... And he'll be hated... Persecuted by the same people that destroyed our glory.. But they'll fail because God is with him..

President Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can fool the people sometimes but u can't fool the people all the time".

Despite how u and your fellow zombies tend to cover the fault of that mannequin in the Aso villa, we are not fooled. Even the whole world has seen his crass incompetence. And that's why the British tabloid made this comment,..."According to the newspaper, while the government's claim that no ransom was paid to the abductors of the schoolboys remains doubtful, other acts of criminality could not be overlooked"

They can't be fooled too, they know a ransom was paid to the secret leaders of Boko Haram and they cashed out from it.

GMB is a plague by God to punish Nigerians for. being stupid during the last elections.

Sai baba! Sai Zombies

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by goodheart02(m): 9:28pm On Dec 22, 2020
I think I have to write a book with this title, "Failed State"
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by SocialJustice: 9:32pm On Dec 22, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Go to Syria then
Enabler of foolishness and backwardness, carry on. We will leave this dungeon for your type.
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by rosskiti: 9:53pm On Dec 22, 2020
Nchenches:

Since 1960 independence, Nigeria got worse every year - till today...

Really? Ignorant, empty-headed dunce.

Are you aware that Nigeria did not have a single power plant at independence after 63 years of British rule?

Our first power plant was Kainji Dam, commissioned in 1964 by the Balewa administration.

Our first university was commissioned in 1962.. UI.

Today we have 200 universities, compared to ZERO at independence.

Literacy rate is 70% today compared to 5% at independence.

Were it not for independence, you would be an illiterate, barefoot village farmer or hunter just like your grandpa was under colonialism.

So use your brain and aopreciate how far you've come, ok, little dunce?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by West10(m): 10:17pm On Dec 22, 2020
SilverNorGold:

You sure your brain is complete
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 22, 2020
samdunzo:

Division, as enticing as it sounds, wont happen for obvious reasons. Which is why In order to redeem this country, all Nigerians must embark on the 3R's:
Remembrance: How did we get here? What major events led to where we find ourselves today? I would say those events are the Civil War, economic crisis of the 80s, June 12, and the rise of Boko Haram
Reconciliation: Once we have identified the causes of our predicament, we need to sit down as a nation and chart a way forward. Do we want to remain as one? If we do, on what terms? I would recommend a National Reconciliation Conference, similar to what South Africa did after the end of apartheid.
Reconstruction/Restructuring: This is the part of the process most Nigerians call restructuring. Once we have a laid down plan, the next step is to follow it to the letter, like China did in the 80s and 90s. We can see the rewards of their patience today, as they are primed to take over the world. Obviously, that is a little far- reaching for us Nigerians, but with the right plan in place, we can definitely dominate Africa, and truly become the Giant we are supposed to be.
All in all, reversing the path we are going down wont be easy. But if we truly get it right, we can build a nation that we and our descendants will be proud of. Thank you and God Bless Nigeria
I agree totally.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by pansophist(m): 10:39pm On Dec 22, 2020
The foundation of Nigeria becoming a failed state was laid in 1914, during the amalgamation of the northern and southern protectorate, and the nail was sealed during 1960 independence, when power was handed over solely to the North, to rule a complex country like Nigeria. As the years goes by, the political framework that handed the North supreme power was not revised, no constitutional changes, no restructure, no nothing.

True patriots such as the Igbos that want to split from the sinking ship and bring about changes were suppressed, from the biafran war and their current agitation, all demonized. The South that should have unite and fight against the North are busy fighting for their own presidential turn, such a shame of a people. Corpse do not smell instantly, it takes time. Nigeria died a lot time ago, the sad tale of what it is today is just the corpse smelling so bad that its becoming unbearable .

If anything, I see this as a good news. If Nigeria have to become a failed state, before it get things right, I'll wholeheartedly support it. I'll rather crawl like a snail towards the right direction, than be on a first class flight towards the wrong path. I say let the zoo fall, because it is not a question of "if", but "when" it will fall.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by rosskiti: 10:55pm On Dec 22, 2020
TruthHurts1:
Actually they're very open about their economic problems, which is why they have no qualms about being open when it comes to the economy of a third world shithole like Nigeria.

[img]https://images./1iQMhrDNhhl7Jz5DMO0pgv.jpg[/img]

Brainless donkey, they are NOT OPEN about the numerous demonstrations and riots taking place across the country with police beating up and brutalizing protesters. It is NEVER SHOWN on BBC News or Sky News etc.

You have to go on YouTube to see what is really going on, and how Britian's economy is crashing, with businesses folding up,. and unemployment figures going through the roof, which is making Britain a FIFTH WORLD SHIITHOLE AS WE SPEAK.

NASTY LIAR YOU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju8YFsQlC-8&feature=emb_logo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by Okoroawusa: 10:58pm On Dec 22, 2020
SocialJustice:
Enabler of foolishness and backwardness, carry on. We will leave this dungeon for your type.
Please leave it
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by Gerrard59(m): 11:10pm On Dec 22, 2020
The newspaper stated that as oil continues to lose its value, Nigeria’s economy would worsen.

“The population, already above 200 million, is growing at a breakneck 3.2 per cent a year. The economy has stalled since 2015 and real living standards are declining. This year, the economy will shrink 4 per cent after COVID-19 dealt a further blow to oil prices.

“In any case, as the world turns greener, the elite’s scramble for oil revenue will become a game of diminishing returns. The country desperately needs to put its finances, propped up by foreign borrowing, on a sounder footing,” it said.

Those who follow me will attest that I've been preaching this ever since on Nairaland. Wahala for who dey born children anyhow.
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by Trogge: 11:27pm On Dec 22, 2020
PopSmoke:
Common characteristics of a failing state include a central government so weak or ineffective that it has an inability to raise taxes or other support, and has little practical control over much of its territory and hence there is a non-provision of public services.
celebrating criminals,
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by Trogge: 11:31pm On Dec 22, 2020
SocialJustice:
Lol, Nigeria is already a failed state. I even heard Syria - a war torn country has better health care.
. And yet they want to build railway and skyscraper, our hospital is pitiful, and a disgrace. But some one need 82 million naira only to clear grass in a stadium.
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by winningwinner(m): 12:02am On Dec 23, 2020
SilverNorGold:

I no blame you. PDP all the time as if the north were not PDP leaders even with YarAdua as PDP president. But before PDP came, Buhari, Babangida, Abacha and Abdulsalam ruled Nigeria as military leaders. They did not destroy Nigeria, but only PDP. Now that you have APC that is northern and Islamic, I hope you have succeeded in fixing Nigeria.
Do you know what you should have been saying by now had Buhari failed election? It would have been that the person that came to repair Nigeria, they did not allow him. Yea, the tribal Messiah has ascended the throne.... Let the miracle begin.... Why are you people crying again? Why has robbery taken center stage? Why the banditry, kidnappings, terrorism, killings, añd hunger? I weep for people like you....!
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by TruthHurts1(m): 12:27am On Dec 23, 2020
[img]https://images./6FGPWbSNP7EOD5ZYIFUZVo.jpg[/img]

NGpatriot:

lmao... Who is this ipob trying to impress with his sadness, bad bele and sorrow.

God Bless Nigeria

God Bless PMB

Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by TruthHurts1(m): 12:57am On Dec 23, 2020
[img]https://images./3aSWBk2SEJt3hnFL5OhGRM.jpg[/img]

rosskiti:

Brainless donkey, they are NOT OPEN about the numerous demonstrations and riots taking place across the country with police beating up and brutalizing protesters. It is NEVER SHOWN on BBC News or Sky News etc.

You have to go on YouTube to see what is really going on, and how Britian's economy is crashing, with businesses folding up,. and unemployment figures going through the roof, which is making Britain a FIFTH WORLD SHIITHOLE AS WE SPEAK.

NASTY LIAR YOU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju8YFsQlC-8&feature=emb_logo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari To Swear In Justice Ariwoola As CJN Today / Let’s Treat Buhari’s Ministerial List With Urgency, Saraki Tells Senators / Buhari, Oshiomhole, APC Governors, Senators-Elect Meet in Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.