Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) (50245 Views)

World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) / Jupiter And Saturn’s Great Conjunction Is December 21 / Venus Jupiter Conjunction 2017: The Planets Will Rise As One On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Sheuns(m): 10:53pm On Dec 22, 2020
I wish I was in katsina at this time. Maybe I’ll have seen the stars. Lagos sky is not clear at all compared to Katsinas
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by jonaville29(m): 11:08pm On Dec 22, 2020
Ashley86400:

Shut up!
I'm looking at it now and I'm in ikeja.
Even you can see it only that you'll think it's a star.
Look at the pictures in this post and compare it to anything you see in the sky tomorrow night between 7pm-8pm. . .that is Jupiter and Saturn. They look like stars because they're far away, but they're not. I can even see Mars with my eyes from where I'm standing.
please which direction did you look for Mars? I've also been seeing an unusually red star some days back apart from those two. could it be Mars?

1 Like

Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 22, 2020
post=97334688:

You are kicking a man of God just like that?
Wow!! shocked

A man of God
Another Wow!!

Make una dey fear God on dis forum o.

But we guess both of you are men of God?
Are we missing something?
Atleast you both remind us all of the second coming of our darling Jesus Christ.

Let brotherly love continue biko!
You mean ma of God wey no won get sense,
star of Bethlehem grin grin
Sense is far from him oo
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by thinkmoney(m): 11:19pm On Dec 22, 2020
Righteousness2:
That was the star of Bethelehem appearing for the First time in 1000 years.
It has made three appearances and this is its 3rd and Final appearance.

It First appeared on the Day JESUS was born ( which is the Christmas Day we celebrate here on Earth.

It's a Major sign for what is about to Hit the Earth.
The RAPTURE is upon us Folks..
Let's not Deceive ourselves ooo..
Are u Ready??
Accept JESUS and do away Completely with all forms of Evil , sin and Iniquity
Why don't you say two stars of Bethlehem since they are two. Shameless, dogmatic, erretic preacher. You are always pointing out things that have no scriptural backing hence deceiving and should I say also entertaining the 'simple' minded people.
Must you find sensational things to support the Bible? The Bible doesn't need any validation. The Bible discourages your style. The Bible is clear and enough

1 Like

Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 22, 2020
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

The lying scientists keep lying every time

Why are all these events never visible in Africa or Nigeria for that matter

But my gullible black people will swallow all these even without any proof

They prefer to believe in white lying scientists
You're not serious and you're ignorant, you think scientist lied About when an ordinary person can see it with a eyes even though it's no clear, go online and buy a personal telescope, you'll see it clearly.
And Nigeria isn't even on the equator so it would be less visible to us

1 Like

Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 22, 2020
Lawren76:

The thing is like kd sky at night almost one in every blue moon something weird happens in the sky like he i saw a star moving first i taught it was a plane bt not colorful light and the speed it was traveling was quite fast
I love looking at the sky why the stars are visible, I always see this too, it's lie the star moves at high speed then disappear
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by offset67(m): 11:39pm On Dec 22, 2020
Righteousness2:

It First appeared on the Day JESUS was born ( which is the Christmas Day we celebrate here on Earth.

Are u Ready??

Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by JasperVII(m): 11:57pm On Dec 22, 2020
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

The lying scientists keep lying every time

Why are all these events never visible in Africa or Nigeria for that matter

But my gullible black people will swallow all these even without any proof

They prefer to believe in white lying scientists
For someone that calls others gullible you still believe that the end is near. Which "end"?
Must you swallow everything they say in church hook line and sinker?
At the bolded... Do you even own a telescope? Most of those things are seen with the aid of a telescope which I'm sure the average Nigerian does not have, cos we don't see it as being of any use.

1 Like

Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by JasperVII(m): 11:59pm On Dec 22, 2020
Sunmoluvic:

You're not serious and you're ignorant, you think scientist lied About when an ordinary person can see it with a eyes even though it's no clear, go online and buy a personal telescope, you'll see it clearly.
And Nigeria isn't even on the equator so it would be less visible to us
That guy no just well. Telescope you no get, and you dey complain say you no see am.
He even said others are gullible.
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Nobody: 12:05am On Dec 23, 2020
Sunmoluvic:

I love looking at the sky why the stars are visible, I always see this too, it's lie the star moves at high speed then disappear

Not like what i saw that night all the stars were stangnant bt only one was moving at very high speed it was heading south i think
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by slimjohn2k5: 12:12am On Dec 23, 2020
Sincerely I saw this. Never knew this what was happening
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by CSTRR: 12:14am On Dec 23, 2020
You can't see it without telescope.
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by CSTRR: 12:15am On Dec 23, 2020
Look at the Jupiter's ring we have read about.

Science is beautiful when practicalised.
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by CSTRR: 12:18am On Dec 23, 2020
Nigeria and the rest of the West Africa is closer to the equator.

The best picture of the phenomenon would have been gotten here by simply looking out through the Nigerian sky with a decent telescope.

But because this part of the world is scientifically backward, even a telescope is a problem.

1 Like

Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Jacksparrow7(m): 1:35am On Dec 23, 2020
I think I saw them today...for those staying at oluku byepass. This Evening around 7pm, I looked towards the west. I saw two stars close together but we're not blinking, I thought it to be satellites but one was big while the other was small the big one was on top of the smaller one. The small one was at the right of the big one

3 Likes

Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Enceladus(m): 1:37am On Dec 23, 2020
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Enceladus(m): 1:39am On Dec 23, 2020
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by cho25bc(f): 1:52am On Dec 23, 2020
decatalyst:
E no reach Nigeria.

Even the heavenly bodies are angry at this government and our mumuness undecided

If bubu see am, e go shock am. So the heavens merely removed shock from bubu matter ni grin grin

angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Nobody: 2:02am On Dec 23, 2020
Righteousness2:

Are u Ready??

This is the type of BS that stagnated Nigeria's growth.

2 Likes

Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by omniwater: 2:05am On Dec 23, 2020
jonaville29:
please which direction did you look for Mars? I've also been seeing an unusually red star some days back apart from those two. could it be Mars?

Yes it is.
If you're interested in watching these stars then you'll have to come around 7pm ,look at the sky towards the west, you can't miss them I mean Saturn and Jupiter. You can also trace the moon towards the west for guidance.

Mars is currently around the moon, it's like a reddish star before the Orion belt.

You can only see Venus in the early morning sky, so bright you can't miss it.

1 Like

Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by eddyline(m): 2:19am On Dec 23, 2020
Righteousness2:

Are u Ready??
Sorry bro, Jesus Christ was not actually born on Christmas day. Christmas is just a day set to commemorate the birth. Therefore the star didn't actually appear on Christmas.

1 Like

Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by kabillionaire(m): 2:30am On Dec 23, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
The star wey dem talk about we no see....
I no go belive them again

it's because of our country's location..
but then, so is everything else
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by pieces18: 3:04am On Dec 23, 2020
What are our Nigerian astronomers saying concerning this?
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by TVTKOKO(m): 3:19am On Dec 23, 2020
DestroyEvil:
Ok. In another news,
Intelligent Christians have now noticed how ever manipulative satanic Yoruba Muslims are pushing and spinning several stories to paint Seyi Makinde black. They are still in sifia pains that their Alahaji Adelabu was beaten blue-black on the Election. I pity any gullible senseless Christian that is being brainwashed to be speaking against Makinde. Such one's eyes would soon be clear when their enemies once again reclaim Oyo State and resume Islamization agenda like Rauf massively did in Osun State.
I'm yoruba and a Christian but i must say, you're very stu.pid for this post!
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by LewsTherin: 3:46am On Dec 23, 2020
Lawren76:

Not like what i saw that night all the stars were stangnant bt only one was moving at very high speed it was heading south i think

If you see a single star dot moving rapidly across the sky, you're almost definitely looking at a satellite.

1 Like

Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by ElValiente(m): 3:54am On Dec 23, 2020
decatalyst:
E no reach Nigeria.

Even the heavenly bodies are angry at this government and our mumuness undecided

If bubu see am, e go shock am. So the heavens merely removed shock from bubu matter ni grin grin
I remember the eclipse of a thing in 2006 I think. See our neighbors shouting it's end of the world oooo upon say they announced on TV and radio stations. Some we're praying hard to make heaven. Chaii they got Africa real hard with religion grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Flourishing19(f): 4:04am On Dec 23, 2020
LewsTherin:
I just had to see it. Interesting to know that Mars is also visible in the sky close to the moon at about 7pm. I remember getting Mars, Jupiter and Saturn in the same shot 2 years back!

Light pollution makes star gazing difficult in Lagos but once in a while, PHCN wickedness has a silver lining!

Took the picture with a Note 20 Ultra. The zoom made the double "star" easier to capture.
I saw something that looked like this last night at about half past eight.
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Flourishing19(f): 4:05am On Dec 23, 2020
LewsTherin:
I just had to see it. Interesting to know that Mars is also visible in the sky close to the moon at about 7pm. I remember getting Mars, Jupiter and Saturn in the same shot 2 years back!

Light pollution makes star gazing difficult in Lagos but once in a while, PHCN wickedness has a silver lining!

Took the picture with a Note 20 Ultra. The zoom made the double "star" easier to capture.
I saw something that looked like this last night at about few minutes to eight.
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by dukeo(m): 5:04am On Dec 23, 2020
decatalyst:
E no reach Nigeria.

Lol, E reach and I saw it.
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by IYANGBALI: 5:24am On Dec 23, 2020
This is nothing but a conspiracy theory

Don’t allow loneliness to kill you,I do part time dating we can date until you find your soulmate.
Terms and conditions apply���
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Fucsheetup(f): 6:07am On Dec 23, 2020
Lawren76:

The thing is like kd sky at night almost one in every blue moon something weird happens in the sky like he i saw a star moving first i taught it was a plane bt not colorful light and the speed it was traveling was quite fast
That was a satellite, high orbit and low orbit ones. I had a similar experience, thought it was a plane but no sound. I’m used to spotting them now, they’re hundreds moving about if you don’t take your eyes off the sky.

1 Like

Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by RuggedSniper: 6:23am On Dec 23, 2020
Macsjebs:
Source: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/22/world/jupiter-saturn-great-conjunction-images-scn-trnd/index.html

Source: https://www.reuters.com/news/picture/earthlings-treated-to-rare-alignment-of-idUSRTX8HPPE

I've always loved astronomy since childhood, and I started by reading the
encyclopaedia collections in the family library ... Simply AWESOME! grin

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Name Of This Insect Called / Aryan Kheterpal Has Higher IQ Than Albert Einstein With Perfect Test Score / Elephant Rampages Through South African Village, Killed & Eaten (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.