Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

My Toyota Camry03(big Daddy) Show Oil Indicator On The Dashboard - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Toyota Camry03(big Daddy) Show Oil Indicator On The Dashboard (2067 Views)

Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time / Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. / Dangers Of Placing Your Feet On The Dashboard Of Your Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Toyota Camry03(big Daddy) Show Oil Indicator On The Dashboard by waleambassador(m): 8:50pm On Dec 22, 2020
My big daddy shows oil indicator on the dashboard, I changed the oil and oil filter and still same, this happens to the car only when I slow down or while in traffic, please what could be the issue?
Re: My Toyota Camry03(big Daddy) Show Oil Indicator On The Dashboard by determination26(m): 9:29pm On Dec 22, 2020
Your oil pump is faulty meaning engine oil is not being distributed to the engine as at when needed. Visit an experienced technician because as it stands now, the time according to your car engine is "quarter to knock". Do the needful asap, I went to buy a gearbox for my corolla last week and Corolla engine is currently sold at 300k in Benin and Camry 2.4 is 400k. [qquote author=waleambassador post=97334906]My big daddy shows oil indicator on the dashboard, I changed the oil and oil filter and still same, this happens to the car only when I slow down or while in traffic, please what could be the issue?[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Camry03(big Daddy) Show Oil Indicator On The Dashboard by waleambassador(m): 10:55pm On Dec 22, 2020
Thanks a lot
Re: My Toyota Camry03(big Daddy) Show Oil Indicator On The Dashboard by Elsueno: 3:09pm On Dec 23, 2020
determination26:
Your oil pump is faulty meaning engine oil is not being distributed to the engine as at when needed. Visit an experienced technician because as it stands now, the time according to your car engine is "quarter to knock". Do the needful asap, I went to buy a gearbox for my corolla last week and Corolla engine is currently sold at 300k in Benin and Camry 2.4 is 400k. [qquote author=waleambassador post=97334906]My big daddy shows oil indicator on the dashboard, I changed the oil and oil filter and still same, this happens to the car only when I slow down or while in traffic, please what could be the issue?

That is not correct, corrola is the car with the cheapest spare parts after napep, even bicycle can't come close to its cheapness. The engine for corrola is just 60k and it can even run on water, this just how efficient it's in fuel. it's the best car in Africa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Camry03(big Daddy) Show Oil Indicator On The Dashboard by determination26(m): 3:19pm On Dec 23, 2020
Elsueno:

That is not correct, corrola is the car with the cheapest spare parts after napep, even bicycle can't come close to its cheapness. The engine for corrola is just 60k and it can even run on water, this just how efficient it's in fuel. it's the best car in Africa
Bro, go and do proper research then come back here and modify your post or maybe you're talking about 1993 Corolla.

2 Likes

Re: My Toyota Camry03(big Daddy) Show Oil Indicator On The Dashboard by MrDigits: 3:22pm On Dec 23, 2020
The oil filter inside the oil sump could also be clogged, get a mech to check it out ASAP
Re: My Toyota Camry03(big Daddy) Show Oil Indicator On The Dashboard by KnightsTemplar(m): 3:27pm On Dec 23, 2020
determination26:
Bro, go and do proper research then come back here and modify your post or maybe you're talking about 1993 Corolla.

Sacarsm Oga...the person you quoted was just taking a jab at Corolla users.

4 Likes

Re: My Toyota Camry03(big Daddy) Show Oil Indicator On The Dashboard by Aanumi16: 3:28pm On Dec 23, 2020
Oga get your car scanned and post code here for help. A lot of things can make your oil pressure light come up
Re: My Toyota Camry03(big Daddy) Show Oil Indicator On The Dashboard by homeboy205: 7:03am On Dec 24, 2020
Aanumi16:
Oga get your car scanned and post code here for help. A lot of things can make your oil pressure light come up

Yes true but if the check engine is not ON prior to this, I’d say it has nothing to do with scanning.

@OP, open your bottom tray ASAP and wash the clogged oil pump mesh filter. That is the first cheapest fix

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Camry03(big Daddy) Show Oil Indicator On The Dashboard by Kelvinsaint(m): 9:59am On Dec 24, 2020
Hydraulic shortage can indicate that too

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Camry03(big Daddy) Show Oil Indicator On The Dashboard by Dez10(m): 2:43pm On Dec 24, 2020
If the oil sump filter is clogged, it could prevent d oil pump from delivering enough oil to d engine parts. Firstly, clean d oil sump filter. If that didn't work, then replace d oil pump.

In my Camry 2000, Low hydraulic oil level normally show brake alarm & not engine oil warning. It could vary from car to car though.
Re: My Toyota Camry03(big Daddy) Show Oil Indicator On The Dashboard by Awkabigboy: 5:13pm On Dec 25, 2021
homeboy205:

Yes true but if the check engine is not ON prior to this, I’d say it has nothing to do with scanning.

@OP, open your bottom tray ASAP and wash the clogged oil pump mesh filter. That is the first cheapest fix
This oil pump mesh filter is it same as oil filter that is changed when one changes oil?
Re: My Toyota Camry03(big Daddy) Show Oil Indicator On The Dashboard by Awkabigboy: 5:14pm On Dec 25, 2021
Kelvinsaint:
Hydraulic shortage can indicate that too
Exactly same thing started appearing on my own when I overgauged the hydraulic oil
Re: My Toyota Camry03(big Daddy) Show Oil Indicator On The Dashboard by homeboy205: 6:12pm On Dec 25, 2021
Awkabigboy:

This oil pump mesh filter is it same as oil filter that is changed when one changes oil?

No, that is oil filter been changed when you do a servicing.

The oil pump mesh is on the oil pump screen, it is inside the button tray(sump)
Re: My Toyota Camry03(big Daddy) Show Oil Indicator On The Dashboard by Awkabigboy: 7:40pm On Dec 25, 2021
homeboy205:

No, that is oil filter been changed when you do a servicing.

The oil pump mesh is on the oil pump screen, it is inside the button tray(sump)
Okay , thank you. Can they just follow under the car to service the oil pump mesh or just they loose the engine to do that? Because mine is showing the oil sign after I topped my hydraulic oil when it showed break sign. Now break sign is gone after topping the hydraulic oil while the oil sign is there.

I dont believe my oil pump has failed reason been that I just worked on the car two weeks ago and changed oil pump, it pumped oil sufficiently in my presence . But then after I changed oil yesterday the oil was so dirty so I suspect the oil pump mesh could have dirty. Please i need your reply

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Camry03(big Daddy) Show Oil Indicator On The Dashboard by homeboy205: 7:52pm On Dec 25, 2021
Awkabigboy:

Okay , thank you. Can they just follow under the car to service the oil pump mesh or just they loose the engine to do that? Because mine is showing the oil sign after I topped my hydraulic oil when it showed break sign. Now break sign is gone after topping the hydraulic oil while the oil sign is there.

I dont believe my oil pump has failed reason been that I just worked on the car two weeks ago and changed oil pump, it pumped oil sufficiently in my presence . But then after I changed oil yesterday the oil was so dirty so I suspect the oil pump mesh could have dirty. Please i need your reply

If you just changed the oil pump, that means they must have washed the mesh.

You need to check the oil sensor is working.

And maybe the oil pump they put is not working efficiently
Re: My Toyota Camry03(big Daddy) Show Oil Indicator On The Dashboard by Dozieson(m): 10:49pm On Dec 25, 2021
Awkabigboy:

You are supposed to change oil filter and engine oil immediately after changing oil pump. The old pump may have failed due to clogged filter screen/oil pump from dirty oil. The same dirty oil may have caused the new oil pump to fall

You have to remove the oil pump and check of the filter screen is dirty
Re: My Toyota Camry03(big Daddy) Show Oil Indicator On The Dashboard by Awkabigboy: 1:03pm On Dec 26, 2021
homeboy205:

If you just changed the oil pump, that means they must have washed the mesh.

You need to check the oil sensor is working.

And maybe the oil pump they put is not working efficiently
Hi, a feedback for you.

It doesn't show again for now. Remember, I just changed oil on Friday 24th Dec. Is it possible the new oil has corrected it bc the oil filter was changed too
Re: My Toyota Camry03(big Daddy) Show Oil Indicator On The Dashboard by Awkabigboy: 1:18pm On Dec 26, 2021
Dozieson:

You are supposed to change oil filter and engine oil immediately after changing oil pump. The old pump may have failed due to clogged filter screen/oil pump from dirty oil. The same dirty oil may have caused the new oil pump to fall

You have to remove the oil pump and check of the filter screen is dirty
Hi, a feedback for you.

It doesn't show again for now. Remember, I just changed oil on Friday 24th Dec. Is it possible the new oil has corrected it bc the oil filter was changed too
Re: My Toyota Camry03(big Daddy) Show Oil Indicator On The Dashboard by Dozieson(m): 3:24pm On Dec 26, 2021
Awkabigboy:

Hi, a feedback for you.

You have to be more conscious of the oil pressure signs on the dashboard/instrument cluster. If it continues to appear park the car immediately or risk your engine (400k)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Think This Transmission Will Still Work? (pictures) / Spare Parts Prices / Merc. Engine Swap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.