Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,335 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' (31231 Views)

My Candid Advice For Nigerian Graduates With 2.2 / Afe Babalola University Commissions Senate Building - The White Rock / Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by RedPanthar: 12:11pm On Dec 23, 2020
Oizee:
you just proved him right

Na so. You're excused
Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by Codedlyon: 12:11pm On Dec 23, 2020
Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by iamDrRhymes(m): 12:11pm On Dec 23, 2020
Fact!
Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by capitalzero: 12:12pm On Dec 23, 2020
Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by Lordbinsmar: 12:21pm On Dec 23, 2020
Baba don smoke weed. wetin concern me with analysis of verbs? come make I teach you computational fluid mechanics. see as he they talk rubbish like as if Albert Einstein won a noble price by analyzing verbs and blowing grammar. or may be Sadi Carnot became the father of thermodynamics by speaking queen's english. Nigerians and stupid reasoning are like 5 and 6.

3 Likes

Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by Bbbwings: 12:24pm On Dec 23, 2020
Karleb:
If I can't differentiate between transitive and intransitive verb, can you differentiate between Purine and Pyrimidine?

Bullshit!
True Talk.
grin grin
Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by Bbbwings: 12:26pm On Dec 23, 2020
Solatium:

You are telling an elder state man that his utterances lack Common sense?
Someone who is old enough to be your Grand Father.

You even made a false claim that he benefited from British or government scholarship, where as the man was self taught,he never attended a formal school.

Has Pa Afe Babalola assertion that most of Nigerian graduates are more dangerous than illiterate come to been now?

His generation destroyed nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by samuel1986(m): 12:27pm On Dec 23, 2020
illicit:
Inasmuch as I respect you sir and that you are my country man, you lack sympathy and common sense sir....

Your lots benefited from British curriculum education which was mostly government sponsored or on common scholarships....

What do you expect?

Your lots destroyed the scheme, as you weren't a politician, you aided and abetted them.

You were a lawyer to Obasonjo who was another recipient of Nigerians benevolence and gullibility....

You guys ruined everything so don't compare

Don't mind that evil man.
Who English help?
I thought he wanted to say something helpful to the youth and society, he is here telling us how good he is in English and geography.
Can Buhari make a correct sentence, yet he is the president. Bleep that man and his entire family.

2 Likes

Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by toye440: 12:32pm On Dec 23, 2020
illicit:
Inasmuch as I respect you sir and that you are my country man, you lack sympathy and common sense sir....

Your lots benefited from British curriculum education which was mostly government sponsored or on common scholarships....

What do you expect?

Your lots destroyed the scheme, as you weren't a politician, you aided and abetted them.

You were a lawyer to Obasonjo who was another recipient of Nigerians benevolence and gullibility....

Afe Babalola lacks common sense? waow how did we get here?
Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by CheedyJ(m): 12:36pm On Dec 23, 2020
Then shut down your school ASAP
Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by Aconomist: 12:37pm On Dec 23, 2020
This monkey is talking about the "Magellan line, adjunctive adjective, superlative clauses" and other nonsense, when we should be focusing on mathematics and industrial sciences.
Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by triplechoice(m): 12:42pm On Dec 23, 2020
So true.
A poorly educated person who graduated from a university in Nigeria lives under the false impression that he or she knows it all or can know it all.
Such persons hardly accept their mistakes when you try to point out to them and would continue to repeat such mistakes until they become undone by it

This is why such persons are a danger to themselves and those close to them

An illiterate person is aware of the limitations of his or her education and usually is willing to listen and learn but some of the so called graduates we have these days in Nigeria assume they know it all and are not willing to listen and learn.
Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by na2016: 12:43pm On Dec 23, 2020
This is no longer news. It is a fact known by many already but if I may ask Afe, who are the people that made things worse in the country? Was he not part of them?
Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by DaBillionnaire: 12:45pm On Dec 23, 2020
illicit:

What do you expect?

The bitter truth, they destroyed the Country and still have the guts to speak. They all are politicians, no difference.

2 Likes

Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by Gamesmart: 12:47pm On Dec 23, 2020
This should be pinned to the Front page.

My signature says it all.

Useless "yoots".
Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by SmartPolician: 12:47pm On Dec 23, 2020
Simplyleo:
I agree.

Because ipob illiterates also claim they are graduates.

Imagine, graduates taking instructions from a fugitive hiding in a slum and end up swimming in gutters. cheesy

As if an illiterate is not your president
Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by odogwunaija(m): 12:52pm On Dec 23, 2020
I don't totally agree with him. It's very wrong for him to generalise because I know that there are many Nigerian graduates breaking and setting new records both in and outside Nigeria academically
Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by Stevedegreat(m): 12:57pm On Dec 23, 2020
In my own view, only 20% of what he's saying is correct the greatest part is incorrect because the most educated, I mean those who has something to offer that brings positive change in the lives of the people are not allowed get close to power. Those who are in power many of them are cultists, terrorists, recalcitrants, promiscuous, etc............The best we learned in schools is not given back to the society. That's why government is likely rules by cabals and cohorts of same kind that has become Nigeria's system of government.
Nigeria's government does not encourage education because it doesn't matter to them, they ( government ) destroy educational standard. People only now go to school for certificates.
Until the educated of positive likes mind form a chain and ready to pay the price, nothing can change.
Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by Soleye24(m): 1:05pm On Dec 23, 2020
Karleb:
If I can't differentiate between transitive and intransitive verb, can you differentiate between Purine and Pyrimidine?

Bullshit!

Lol, my colleague is sighted. Abi he can tell me the difference between deoxyribonuleic and ribonucleic
Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by Seyzcham91(m): 1:07pm On Dec 23, 2020
you are right!

he's one of naija problem so he shouldn't be spitting shit
illicit:

What do you expect?

1 Like

Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by od501: 1:11pm On Dec 23, 2020
Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by doggedfighter(f): 1:14pm On Dec 23, 2020
[quote author=osamz007 post=97350526][/quote]

Until you kill somebody with that kick. grin grin
Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by eLionel(m): 1:14pm On Dec 23, 2020
This same lectures and profs have their course sorting prices at 50-100k. ��� angry angry angry angry
Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by Arespect10: 1:15pm On Dec 23, 2020
Simplyleo:
I agree.

Because ipob illiterates also claim they are graduates.

Imagine, graduates taking instructions from a fugitive hiding in a slum and end up swimming in gutters. cheesy

May GOD BLESS YOU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by od501: 1:15pm On Dec 23, 2020
EBMedia:

https://igberetvnews.com/1376346/nigeria-graduates-dangerous-illiterates-afe-babalola/

But Sir, English language is not an should never be a catalyst to judge an literate person nh
Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by Zeeknow3245(m): 1:15pm On Dec 23, 2020
I beg to differ a little. His points are very vague. He is using Geography to show he is smart. I know for certain that he is a Lawyer and he should do his business. Stop advertising your school which brings out Graduates of little reputation.
If a lady was to ask him about Fashion,cars and entertainment, he will flop shamefully.
Baba should not use "Nigerian graduates" but " Some Nigerian graduates ''
Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by Gabe427: 1:20pm On Dec 23, 2020
Karleb:

Bullshit!

This thread just made me realize how much I missed school ..you mentioning nucleotide bases and Nucleic Acids

hmmmmmm Schooling in a Nigerian federal University is hard
Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by Odidigboigbo(m): 1:21pm On Dec 23, 2020
I can bet my left ball that Chief Afe Babalola is still being put through on how to operate his phone by one of these uneducated graduates. So him knowing the rules of English language does not make him more educated than present the graduates.
Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by CzarChris(m): 1:27pm On Dec 23, 2020
EBMedia:

https://igberetvnews.com/1376346/nigeria-graduates-dangerous-illiterates-afe-babalola/
I'm not usually this aggressive when responding to nonsense, but this is the height. I'm an engineer/scientist who is into designs and calculations. Believe me if I give this man talking trash a simple 8x8matrix to resolve he will go into coma. That simply means he is uneducated.

You can't ask a fish to go into a tree climbing competition with a monkey, that plain stupidity.

Nonsense and ingredients.
Mthcewww!!!
Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by boscolly(m): 1:28pm On Dec 23, 2020
this grandpa is saying rubbish...

what's the essential usage of what you have and can't procure anything that's valuable for you??

no doubt, good education is necessary, jokes apart, without being sarcastic, majority of the number of students in citadels of learning in Nigeria are vibrance, competent and well outspoken. No offense grandpa but I guess your ignorance of encounter with adequate students makes this view of your so myopic...

leave your private (advanced boarding) school and visit federal and state's...

if you no know us, no talk about us...

at this your old age, you should be reading the sacred scripture (Bible) and not talking rubbish about the education we're managing
Re: Afe Babalola: 'Nigerian Graduates Are More Dangerous Than Illiterates' by Oluwadare: 1:28pm On Dec 23, 2020
HigherEd:

Lol what is this undecided

English proficiency isn't education. It is just one out of many very useful languages.
If you aren't a journalist, editor or an english academic, it is perfectly understandable that your knowledge of the language is common and not exceptionally professional. Just be able to write and communicate effectively without gaffing.

If I am not wrong, folks studying language still study adjectives, adverbs into their postgraduate levels.

As for geography. Perhaps I was taught about tropics of cancer, capricorn in secondary school, and my brain has simply relegated that information or it wasn't relatable enough to remember. But I find it funny the suggestion that inability to remember some topic in geography makes my entire education 'dangerous'.

If I rolled out an on the spot test in SSCE Biology, many of today's lecturers (including the OP) who aren't within the sciences would fail it woefully. And accessors would still agree I never crossed into higher education biology with the test.

E je ki awa guided o.

So succinctly put. Thank you. The man has one of the weighted voice in the country, what has he done or said to the government about the ASUU strike for the past nine months in this country? He once had access to the power, did he use it for the betterment of the public schools in Nigeria so as to produce qualified graduates that can compete with their colleagues around the world.

Undoubtedly, 30% of Nigeria students today were/are self-sponsored just to make sure they also have the opportunity for education. How would this not affect their learning cycle?

If you decides today as a Nigerian that you want to go into apprenticeship way, is almost impossible because there is no basic humanly amenities to survive. Let him use his voice to stop government officials from sending their wards to schools in overseas. If they will not do something about this erratic education system we currently have and watch Nigeria graduates in the next ten years if they will still remained half-baked.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Soldiers Injure Students During Bauchi SUG Election. Graphic Photos / Four Final Year FUTO Students Design A Campus Surveillance Drone (video) / Pay Rise: FG Excludes State Universities, ASUU Kicks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.