Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,434 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria (48703 Views)

'Pity Men': Williams Uchemba Laments Outfits Women Wear To The Gym / Williams Uchemba Visits Paul Okoye (Photo) / Paul Okoye Criticises Williams Uchemba's Public Display Charity Work. Fans React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 23, 2020
Popular Nigerian actor, Williams Uchemba, who recently got married and is taking a vacation in South Africa has taken to his verified Instagram account to state that he is sad and depressed due to the current poor state of Nigeria which stems from corruption.

He said,
“I woke up really sad and depressed over the state of Nigeria and I’m almost tearing up typing this. Now, I’ve lived in the western world in the past, both in the UK and US, and when I ask this question I justify my depression with ‘well it’s a white man’s country that’s why they are ahead’ but why I’m really angry in this case is that we are talking about the same continent.”

Comparing Nigeria to South Africa, the actor and social media comedian queried why a Nigerian would need a visa to travel to South Africa despite the fact that Nigeria has the largest economy in Africa.

He noted that when a person one visits South Africa ‘you can’t tell if you are still in Africa or Europe.’

“Do you know that Nigeria has the largest economy in Africa with a GDP of $398 billion compared to SA which is the second-largest at $368 billion? Yet Nigeria needs to apply for a visa to travel to South Africa. I am 3,500 feet above sea level and I’m looking at an African nation that built their country with their own natural resources, a country where you can’t tell if you are still in Africa or Europe because of its immense development despite the corruption in the country.

“A country where their primary source of income comes from mining and industry. Tourism alone rakes in ZAR 130billion which is about $8.8billion for the country. In 2016 alone 16 million tourists visited SA and that number has steadily increased since then. 16 million guys and tourism only adds 2.8% to their GDP. Even with the corruption in their country the leaders are still steadily growing their industries and sectors,” he wrote.

In his gloomy state, he further pondered what the root cause problem of Nigeria could be. “You might not understand how Nigerians are suffering until you travel to other advanced countries then come back home and see how Nigerians have been deprived of basic life amenities of life.

“So I ask, apart from bad leadership structure and lack of vision, what do you think is our problem as a nation? Do you think we got independence way too early? Do you think that the democratic system of government is working in Nigeria and for Nigerians? There is corruption in other countries, why is Nigeria’s corruption so different and profound that even corrupt nations call us corrupt?? What do you think is the issue with Nigeria?”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJI1FZAs_RF/?igshid=21ug0zp5uu41

75 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 23, 2020
With People/Person's like JuliusMalema, Why won't south Africa be the anchor and pride of west Africa..

They are constructive opposition who understands that Governance is about the people and nation at large. They are not moved by mere tribal affiliations but all they need is better and prosperous south Africa...

Their citizens first before others...

Can such be said of Nigeria where Invaders from Niger Republic, Benin republic, Togo and Chad including Mali are the ones running affairs of the country. All thanks to divided loyalty...

The president is not a nigeria same as most Governors drawn from north and western part of this their country called Nigeria.

Well, we remain proud and happy for our dear country Southern Africa as she will continue to move from strength to strength, no wonder it was referred to as the rainbow nation...

The country founded on solid principle by Mbeki, Mandela, Oliver and hosts of others...

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by IamFINESSE: 4:16pm On Dec 23, 2020
Nigeria is long gone

Gimme Biafra abeg

164 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 23, 2020
Williams also collects corrupt men money in Abuja.

Pot is calling kettle black.

In as much everyone claim to hate corruption but when it is dark the same haters of corruption, will also be the first to collect corrupt men money when no one is looking.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 23, 2020
I agree we got independence to early, we needed a total overhaul of our cultural values.

59 Likes

Re: Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 23, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
I agree we got independence to early, we needed a total overhaul of our cultural values.

So getting independence early created corruption.

Why do black people you like slavery

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by Emyzoloye5(m): 4:19pm On Dec 23, 2020
[quote authwor=thebosstrevor1 post=97359349]Williams also collects corrupt men money in Abuja.

Pot is calling kettle black.

In as much everyone claim to hate corruption but when it is dark the same haters of corruption, will also be the first to collect corrupt men money when no one is looking.

[/quote]

Onto tax collector abi na watin

2 Likes

Re: Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by Iykopee(m): 4:19pm On Dec 23, 2020
Nigeria with all her wealth is nothing but a huge shame.

Criminals always are the ones ruling this country.

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 23, 2020
Juliusmalema:
With People/Person's like JuliusMalema, Why won't south Africa be the anchor and pride of west Africa..

They are constructive opposition who understands that Governance is about the people and nation at large. They are not moved by mere tribal affiliations but all they need is better and prosperous south Africa...

Can such be said of
Julius Malema was not part of those who contributed to building the South Africa you see today. He contributed to the corruption problem South Africa is facing today. Part of some leaders in the country that believe state resources is their personal entitlement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRXgfiCaogQ

6 Likes

Re: Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 23, 2020
Iykopee:

cry
Re: Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 23, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Julius Malema was not part of those who contributed to building the South Africa you see today. He contributed to the corruption problem South Africa is facing today. Part of some leaders in the country that believe state resources is their personal entitlement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRXgfiCaogQ

He is part of the builder today.

5 Likes

Re: Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 23, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Can such be said of Nigeria where Invaders from Niger Republic, Benin republic, Togo and Chad including Mali are the ones running affairs of the country. All thanks to divided loyalty...

The president is not a nigeria same as most Governors drawn from north and western part of this their country called Nigeria.

Well, we remain proud and happy for our dear country Southern Africa as she will continue to move from strength to strength, no wonder it was referred to as the rainbow nation...

The country founded on solid principle by Mbeki, Mandela, Oliver and hosts of others...

Julius what��

Former member of the most corrupt party in south Africa the ANC

8 Likes

Re: Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 23, 2020
Juliusmalema:

He is part of the builder today.
Yes, builder of corruption.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 23, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Yes, builder of corruption.

Those who built SA are long dead but the present Malema made the country a reality.

Kudos to them.

10 Likes

Re: Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 23, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Julius what��
Former member of the most corrupt party in south Africa the ANC

dahueagvo
thebosstrevor1:

So getting independence early created corruption.

Why do black people you like slavery
The leaders were too busy playing ethnic politics,too apower hungry and materialistic to start the arduous task of nation building.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 23, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

The leaders were too busy playing ethnic politics,power hungry and materialistic to start the ardious task of nation building.

Even if Nigeria had gotten her independence in 1856, the same problem you are complaining about will still happen in 2020

For all those who know history.

Multiculturalism does not work because people will keep fighting each other instead of building their nation

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 23, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Those who built SA are long dead but the present Malema made the country a reality.

Kudos to them.
Malema would have fit in perfectly with corrupt Nigerian politicians. Play racial politics by making the poor blacks see the white man as the enemy and source of all their problems, while he becomes wealthy overnight from public funds and pretends to fight for the people.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by laiperi: 4:32pm On Dec 23, 2020
I can understand the depression. Nigeria used to pay some Caribbean government workers' salaries when they were broke.

So I visited Jamaica then and I insisted on visiting the market in Kingston but they insisted the two of us had to be protected by three security men because of crimes.

I saw a water tap in the market like we had in Nigeria. I decided to open it just to see if water would come out.

Water came out! I was so disappointment about my country where water taps no longer function.

21 Likes

Re: Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by BastardWike: 4:33pm On Dec 23, 2020
To worsen matters for Nigeria, we are no longer talking about how we can develop but how to survive insecurity and debilitating poverty. At the pace we are retrogressing, we will never catch up instead we will continue to get worse until we start fighting ourselves to death.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by bolanto24(m): 4:34pm On Dec 23, 2020
It's really so sad the state of Nigeria. We could've been the pride of every black man in the world.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by DukeJoe17: 4:37pm On Dec 23, 2020
Nigeria is in a sorry State, there is no where Nigeria will meet up with the standard in sane climes because its foundation is that of clay and not made off concrete or iron.

16 Likes

Re: Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 23, 2020
bolanto24:
It's really so sad the state of Nigeria. We could've been the pride of every black man in the world.

1 Like

Re: Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by FarahAideed: 4:45pm On Dec 23, 2020
Even this con artist is complaining

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by DukeJoe17: 4:47pm On Dec 23, 2020
laiperi:
I can understand the depression. Nigeria used to pay some Caribbean government workers' salaries when they were broke.

So I visited Jamaica then and I insisted on visiting the market in Kingston but they insisted the two of us had to be protected by three security men because of crimes.

I saw a water tap in the market like we had in Nigeria. I decided to open it just to see if water would come out.

Water came out! I was so disappointment about my country where water taps no longer function.
grin grin grin
I understand your depression mehn, I can tell you without mincing words that uyo local government Secretariat doesn't have electricity or functional pipe born water.
Nigeria is in a sorrowful state.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 23, 2020
FarahAideed:
Even this con artist is complaining
The only people not complaining are the corrupt politicians.

28 Likes

Re: Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 23, 2020
Iykopee:

Like Williams Uchemba said, it is not until you travel out of the country you will realize how underdeveloped Nigeria is. You will think you were born and raised in hell when you travel to a developed country.

South Africa is on the same African continent, as well as Namibia,Algeria,Morocca and Tunisia.

19 Likes

Re: Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 23, 2020
I think Nigeria problem is bad leadership until some people started supporting Tinubu for president....now I knw we Nigerians are the problem

25 Likes

Re: Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by backnbeta(f): 5:08pm On Dec 23, 2020
BastardWike:
To worsen matters for Nigeria, we are no longer talking about how we can develop but how to survive insecurity and debilitating poverty. At the pace we are retrogressing, we will never catch up instead we will continue to get worse until we start fighting ourselves to death.
Exactly! When other countries are engaged in Nation building, we are struggling to be safe from bandits and herders.

11 Likes

Re: Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by Rugaria: 5:11pm On Dec 23, 2020
The class of 1966 destroyed Nigeria.. The Babangidas, the danjumas, the Obasanjos, the buharis, the Abachas.... That group is evil, full of vile, hatred and violence! Take them out of the equation and watch Nigeria start a slow movement towards progress! The biggest mistake we made this democratic term was to start with these same hoodlums again! Compare Obasanjo vs Yaradua.., then Buhari vs Jonathan! You can see the difference in style, compassion and motives... That class of 1966 woke up one morning and started killing their friends for power. They have managed to corner power with the help of foreign powers ever since but they absolutely can't do no good with power! Why? You can't give what you don't have...

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Williams Uchemba South Africa Visit: Depressed Over State Of Nigeria by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 23, 2020
Rugaria:
The class of 1966 destroyed Nigeria.. The Babangidas, the danjumas, the Obasanjos, the buharis, the Abachas.... That group is evil, full of vile, hatred and violence! Take them out of the equation and watch Nigeria start a slow movement towards progress! The biggest mistake we made this democratic term was to start with these same hoodlums again! Compare Obasanjo vs Yaradua.., then Buhari vs Jonathan! You can see the difference in style, compassion and motives... That class of 1966 woke up one morning and started killing their friends for power. They have managed to corner power with the help of foreign powers ever since but they absolutely can't do no good with power! Why? You can't give what you don't have...
I don't blame just the class of 1966. I blame the wrong cultural values of ethnic politics,election rigging and abuse of power.

Right from Secondary school seniors were taught to abuse their power.

18 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ufoma Ejenobor-Mcdermott Shares Beautiful Pregnancy Pics / Anna Banner Graduates From Ghana University With 2nd Class Upper (Photos) / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Comedian Ajebo And Uchechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.