Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,104 members, 7,835,734 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? (23486 Views)

I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? / Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? / Should I Quit Or Stay Unhappy Doing The Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by bbode1(m): 8:15pm On Dec 24, 2020
Am staying at lokoja. And am a business man. Although it's not Rosey like when u have a shop in big cities like Abuja. But funny enough, they are still multi millionaires here in lokoja.
U have now till February to know if it not Abuja will be convenient for you to stay.
If not you come to lokoja. But have it at the back of your mind that except u do a business, there is no job opportunity in lokoja.
I would advise you learn how to drive, either motor car or Keke nape. That's the business for the youth in lokoja here.
If u can gather enough. U can go back to Abuja.
No where easy my bro/sis

3 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Ibeme: 8:21pm On Dec 24, 2020
liver123:
Please pardon my grammatical blunders. I have stayed in abuja since 2018 after my service and I have done some petty work work as a civil engineering graduate which doesn't measure up for survival and up till date I have not gotten a decent job.

This year has been very tough for me as I struggle to even feed. My rent in abuja will expire February and I don't have a job.

Now am in lokoja to visit my elder brother for xmass and he is in support that I should stay back in lokoja since I don't have a job in abuja and my rent will soon expire. Am totally confused now on whether to stay back or go back to abuja as this lokoja town is too dry and I don't even know how I can get a job here.

How much is your rent in Abuja?
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Omezif(m): 8:24pm On Dec 24, 2020
Find the cheapest house in a secure place in abuja if You can, find something doing to be getting some money and keep searching for job.
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by cpu2006(m): 8:25pm On Dec 24, 2020
Lokoja is not the best option for u. Come back to Abuja. Don't stay inside Abuja town, there is a lot of villages like GOSA, SOKA, GIRI, GWAKO, BAKO, ANAGADA, BUHARI, ASOKORO VILLAGE, KWALI, GWAGWALADA ETC in Abuja where u can see a cheap house for rent. at least 30k per year.
Start search for job.
You can also listen to 101.1fm (brekete family program) the program is everyday from 7:30am - 10am. They normally advertise diff kind of training on thier program which you can learn.
My brother, your life will never remain the same. You can also start listening to the program on (STAR TIME DECODER, CHANNEL 126) frm lokoja everyday.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by alimaa: 8:33pm On Dec 24, 2020
liver123:
Please pardon my grammatical blunders. I have stayed in abuja since 2018 after my service and I have done some petty work work as a civil engineering graduate which doesn't measure up for survival and up till date I have not gotten a decent job.

This year has been very tough for me as I struggle to even feed. My rent in abuja will expire February and I don't have a job.

Now am in lokoja to visit my elder brother for xmass and he is in support that I should stay back in lokoja since I don't have a job in abuja and my rent will soon expire. Am totally confused now on whether to stay back or go back to abuja as this lokoja town is too dry and I don't even know how I can get a job here.

Graduate of Civil Engineering yet asking us to pardon your grammatical blunders. You lack self confidence.
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by bigl: 8:34pm On Dec 24, 2020
liver123:

How can u be confused? U want to keep staying till your landlord kicks u out in a rather embarrassing manner?

Stay back in lokoja and try to stabilize. When your hand don reach wetin u dey find, u can then come up with a plan.

Abuja isn't for starters ... Me sef run ... Unless u have good links to give u good cash, omo, japa
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Iyajelili(f): 8:39pm On Dec 24, 2020
liver123:

Someone is asking how much your rent is. Come online make your village people no send your helper away. Abi why would you open a thread about yourself and abandone it?
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by ArewaWife(m): 8:44pm On Dec 24, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Na this stupid mentality of jamming helper in Abuja that has turn everyone into Gold diggers. Mention u live in Abuja, next question is what you do and if u live alone.

That you want an helper doesnt mean you'll relax and not make moves to help yourself. At least you'll improve on your skills or certification or experience so when you meet someone who can help, the person will be impressed with what you've accomplished so far and want to help. I know people who have gotten connections in Abuja, just as I know those it didnt really work out for.
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Jfkito: 8:50pm On Dec 24, 2020
Guy, if I check very well, you said you are a civil engineer and you want to leave Abuja that is developing to Lokoja. Opportunities are widely open for people of your profession in Abuja. why panicking for rent that you will be paying in 60 days time. Something that you can hustle within 3 week. Keep visiting construction sites pending when better offer will come your way.
Sometimes, you can easily locate your destiny helper(s) in some of these places base on how you coordinate yourself. Come back and you will thank me later.
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Wfsholla90(m): 8:52pm On Dec 24, 2020
Well, I'd say I have a slightly different opinion.
I served in Lokoja 2019. Yes the town is dry and Abuja has more prospects, but you see prospects is only significant when it's working for you.
I've a job that is not even paying up to minimum wage, considerable work schedule, a comfy house, comfy office space and alot of time on my hands.
After 2 years, I eventually decided to invest my time and money into programming/web development and learn Islamic knowledge as it's also an ingredient to success.

Ps: my point is identify your stress and weakness, harness your strength, deal with your weakness. And show up every day.
Success is not subject to where you reside, it's subject to what you decide.
MyOneCent.
Money is also a tool, it's not the ultimate goal.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Dollanaira: 9:45pm On Dec 24, 2020
Dont
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Map1(m): 9:48pm On Dec 24, 2020
liver123:

you are too lazy with out sense of reasoning if you can be jobless in Abuja you will be jobless in the whole country,oh you still believe in that yeye certificate you are carrying up and down so you no feel dey drive cabu cabu or go into dry cleaning services abi yeye man
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Abdanny2000(m): 9:48pm On Dec 24, 2020
Abuja wey you dry why you no get job?
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Dannyilo(m): 10:02pm On Dec 24, 2020
I have a question to ask. Must you stay in Abuja, Lagos or PH to measure how successful you are or you may be? Secondly, according to you, lokoja is dry, does it mean everyone in lokoja is poor? I am from the school of thought that believe you can succeed in any location you find yourself. The answer to these questions is "what do you have to offer?".
I leaved in Abuja for 6years before I relocated to Otukpo in Benue (although on transfer even though I initiated the transfer). Some of my friends insulted me that I am lazy and not ready to face though challenges that was why I left Abuja. But the truth is that, I don't like leaving fake life. Almost all my guys have been leaving in a room and palour self contain maximum for the past 10years they have been in Abuja. Back to my point, I saw opportunity to grow in Benue while I was there. I ventured into agribusiness and focused on produce aggregation and procurement. I left my previous job and now self employed. Above all, I enjoy what I do because I am not under unnecessary pressure. I leave well, eat well, have my own house and fulfilling my dreams from Benue. I only go to abuja on visit. Hunger and suffering in abuja is real.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Cutehector(m): 10:04pm On Dec 24, 2020
Please stay in Abuja and double your hustle. Lokoja is just dry abeg.
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by deavicky(m): 10:06pm On Dec 24, 2020
Go back to Abuja there must be a way. Ur case is not worse than everyone in abuja.
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by skyeward: 10:18pm On Dec 24, 2020
worst in Nigeria since The inception of this administration. I came home for Christmas to be disappointed as usual. Water supply that used to be 24 hours before is now 30 minutes in 2 days.

The worst is the story of a rich I man that I was told who visited Lokoja in last month(November) he said whatever it will cost for public light to be sustained, he will pay that he doesn't want to use generator. That was how they left the light on for 5 days uninterrupted for Tue first time in over 6 years. It left people wondering what happened to the light. You can ask your friends who reside in Lokoja to confirm if I am lying.
For the record Kogi is supplying parts of Abuja (FCT) stable light. It is sad Nigeria is failing by the second.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by alfonso36(m): 10:21pm On Dec 24, 2020
Go into buying and selling bro, There are lots of things you can still do in lokoja, some of my friends are into Poultry, Animal etc, Abuja is worse I tell you.
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by onward4life(m): 10:35pm On Dec 24, 2020
liver123:

Bro is not an issue of sort..

Laylow on lokoja

Hustle for job btw the 2 cities..

Las las tins go comeback brighter

Amen
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by xrayj(m): 10:37pm On Dec 24, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Why didn't you look for a woman to attach with? Na wetin boys dey do for Abuja naw. You should have picked someone you'd go job hunting with.
Hmm for which abuja @bold?
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Oyerinde16(m): 11:05pm On Dec 24, 2020
My brother anywhere u stay u will survive... If ur rent expire, use like 2 months xtra... Landlord go just para tire, double hustle u go make am... If by April nothing, then return, if not, baba the hustle continues...

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by ezewealth(m): 11:17pm On Dec 24, 2020
liver123:

I was in the same shoes with you, I finished my service 2018. stayed back in abuja, struggling from one useless job to another, after Lock down, I ran back to Enugu. I started a biz. I won't say I have arrived, but I can boost of a gain 100k plus for a month. a biz dat is not up to 6month old.
my brother this country is death, if I tell you ppl I have met in DAT abuja, ppl DAT gave me a lot of promise, I knew a lot of prominent men in national assembly, One director in NNPC promise I contract job. I don't know whether na did covid scattered everything. I had to advice myself,
this country hard bro. u better start having biznes mindset

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by stagger: 11:24pm On Dec 24, 2020
Planning is the name of the game.

OP should get a house in the satellite towns of FCT. He can get a house in all those places someone above me mentioned, or he can go to the Nasarawa axis. Many Igbo men are making a dangerous killing in those areas.

You need to cure yourself of the job mentality. There are no jobs anywhere, even in FCT. Trust me. My wife recently advertised for someone to manage our official office line as a virtual assistant. We had PhD holders applying...and there were more than 2,000 applications in a space of 3 days. Shocking to say the least.

Business is the way. You can start by making snacks. Akara, with akamu or gari served in the cold harmattan mornings. Come Mararaba and see how people dey rush the thing. Go behind ECOWAS on the way to Federal Housing Authority in Asokoro and see how people rush that meal from those women there.

Before you know, your N10,000 will turn to N20K, then 30K, then N50k, then N100K. Then you will be talking of expansion. I personally know one woman I buy akara from in Mararaba when I drive past her end that deposits N20,000 every day in her microfinance bank.

Forget that Lokoja comfort zone. Let the fear of eviction bring out a hustle in you in January that you will use to get yourself out of all comfort and into your next level.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by efficiencie(m): 11:32pm On Dec 24, 2020
liver123:

Can you write research papers? If yes, go to university of Abuja, go from office to office until you see a lecturer who can pay you something in exchange for helping him write research papers.

Can you do data analysis? Can you do data visualization? Can you use R and Stata? If your response to these questions is yes, then go to unjobs.com/hotnigeriajobs.com and apply for jobs in the areas of Data Analysis, M&E and Research Associate. These jobs are dominant in Abuja.

If you are desperate enough locate accounting firms in Abuja and plead with them to employ you as an intern while you self study for ICAN ATS. If you are lucky you will be accepted, be paid something (though small) and study your way towards a professional accountant.

There are loads of NGO firms in Abuja that seek to exploit young professionals. However you can leverage on the advantage they provide. Search for and locate NGOs in Abuja. Ask to see the recruiters, managers etc and plead to be employed as an data collector, data analyst or field manager intern. This enables you have work experience and you can update your CV to land the bigger job.

Take the little you have and sow into a church where the power of God is made manifest and where souls are blessed and ask God to bless your hustle.

May God guide you in your hustle!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by ezewealth(m): 11:49pm On Dec 24, 2020
Komu1048:

I strongly believe you have no idea of what you just uttered @bolded or have experience it. After NYSC I stayed with my uncle in lekki Lagos. He have 4 children, though I am older than them all, after I attended their convocation one after the other till they all got high paying jobs. My Uncle have 3 jeeps and 3 of the children bought theirs. I was the one that wash almost all this cars, clean houses when they've left for work and run errands for the whole family. Hoping that a day they will help me out, they use to give me money for keep up, and free food, free wifi, free subscription every month. But trust me I go to bed in tears most nights, insult flows like water. My cousins that call me uncle, started calling me by name, send me errands and throws jab at me, in the presence of their parent. Anytime they want to have nice time they make me the topic and make fun of anything I do. People in the village used to envy me Cox they will see me in suit, and take picture of the food I eat. But trust me, depression is setting it.

I have to leave later on and start a farming business in a village around Ota. And I can tell you it has being joy ever since, and anytime we come across my respect have been earn back. So I don't believe your assertion, happiness is key to living even if you stay in aso rock and not happy. Then u need to leave
I am crying Right now. because I have been in your shoe, I washed my cousin clothes, someone I dust with age, girl for DAT matter. imagine a 2016 graduate washing cloth for a girl in 100level. my brother leave talk

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by stagger: 11:51pm On Dec 24, 2020
Hedonini:
Do human beings even live in Lokoja? Dusty ass, dead looking place.

Don't make the mistake of relocating to that kind of zone. Abuja is the place to be if you know what you're doing. Even if it is all those villages in Mpape or Lugbe where they have wooden houses and pit latrines (lol), just make sure you remain in the FCT and keep pushing it.

Upgrade your wardrobe, package well, and keep shooting out applications and showing your face in the right places (if you're into the job hunting kind of hustle). There's hope here bro. Hope is all you need. Yahya Bello's Lokoja is hopeless. Completely hopeless.

Some 2 bedroom flats in Lugbe go for as much as N1million. Which one be pit latrine again?

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by stagger: 11:58pm On Dec 24, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

The annoying thing is those opportunities they speak of is just an illusion. There is hardly any. The big men have covetted every opportunity for themselves and their children. The crumbs are left for their minions who are all around them. Their children know these things and only fraternize among themselves.
I know people who have been there over 20 years living like rats. Dem still dey hustle and day dreaming about one big man who will help them out.
When I was there rhere was this brilliant lawyer I met. Because he wanted connection he was always hanging with one big man who turned him to his houseboy.

Please show him Jeremiah 17 verse 5.
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by bigiyaro(m): 12:40am On Dec 25, 2020
OP, job is not by location these days o, its by man know know man, most solid companies or firms have websites where you can submit your CVs and even do virtual interview. If I be you, I will stay put in lokoja and observe small. This one wet abuja hard you to leave so, its like you no won miss some things like that.
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by fujirice: 12:44am On Dec 25, 2020
Op, no matter how hard life is for you in Abuja, going to stay in Lokoja is worse!
Unless there’s a job or business there for you, I’d strongly suggest that you don’t EVER move to Lokoja. Never ever!

Don’t mind all these people telling you you have no business staying back in Abuja. I stayed back in Abuja after my NYSC too and floated for almost 2 years going hungry and trekking under Abuja’s hot sun. Now, all that is history.
Have you considered changing your career path?
I am a civil engineer too but as contracts and jobs no gree come, I had to switch career sharperly but it took me two years to do that. I am still studying and expanding myself on my new career path. You just have to be patient and decisive but whatever you do, please don’t go to Lokoja.
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by kastgeraldino: 2:08am On Dec 25, 2020
Please tell them. I'm just looking at all these people saying he should stay and wondering if they have any clue the stress he is going through. It is only inexperienced people that would talk about the "opportunities" or "money" in Abuja. Abuja is not for everybody, particularly not for those without a concrete plan or connection.

Jaqenhghar:

When I got my first job in abuja I wasn't living in abuja. I got the job and moved to abuja. You dont have to be there to get whatever opportunity ( you think) is there. When I was leaving abuja several people were saying I should stay back that there are opportunities as if they will feed me. They are still as as I left them. Some of them have been there over 10 years, they are still waiting for that 'big opportunity'.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Godsspeed: 3:55am On Dec 25, 2020
How much is your accommodation in Abuja?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Architect Loses A N3.5m Job For Being A Buhari Supporter / Osun State Now Offers 20,000 Jobs To Youths In 1wk, Under Aregbesola / 5 Major Mistakes Graduates Make In Their First Job Interviews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.