Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,384 members, 7,846,627 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? (23503 Views)

I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? / Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? / Should I Quit Or Stay Unhappy Doing The Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Starboytwo(m): 4:51am On Dec 25, 2020
All these people saying they wash cloth for uncle and him pikin, how and why on earth you gotta do that. Omo things dey happen for this life ooo, I'm sorry I can't do shit.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by 01mcfadden(m): 5:50am On Dec 25, 2020
Lastoffourtnyt:
well I don't know what sort of advice you are looking for. if there's is opportunities for your growth in your present area, I don't see any reason why you should come to Abuja again if not to come pack your luggage. see in this life, we are born to fight. no matter how long the fight is, all that matters is we must win the war against the common enemy, poverty.

To have a breakthrough, you must persistent I'm and you even bothered to mind about the scars. better to cry in mansion rather than to be happy in the village. I don't know about you but I want to be wealthy. I don't have time for bullshit, I don't want to tell junior to manage or let with suffer.... God won't be happy with me even if dare.

I believe the only thing that should drive you out should be opportunities, not comfort.

on other news, if you want to move to a very cheaper place with descent rent in any area in Abuja, I'm sure you can still manage to raise the rent with menial jobs around you.

are you from gwas?

........tell me, is it the free food that is changing your mind?

well, don't forget to contact for your house rent if you later decided to stay.

I need a decent self con apartment in Gwags area.
Can you send me your WhatsApp number here?
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Lastoffourtnyt: 5:57am On Dec 25, 2020
01mcfadden:

I need a decent self con apartment in Gwags area.
Can you send me your WhatsApp number here?

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by yassinattah(m): 6:42am On Dec 25, 2020
I took my time to read all the comments here and analyse the angle everybody on this thread was coming from.

Truth be told I feel u have to study the dynamics of what ll happen from now till February now that we're hearing another lockdown and again it seems u don't know how this landlord tenancy agreement works,If ur rent expires Feb without renewing it,ur landlord ll serve u a 6months eviction notice counting from Feb which gives u awful time to make do with the 6months left to hustle and make ends meet.

And again, ur cohorts are hanging around AGIS and FERMA to hook up business deals and share their proceeds as well as get connects,I ll advice u don't join the Sitdown look pple n do nothing, Let moving to Lokoja be the last option after exhausting ur lifelines in Abuja

Lastly,bros this cIvIL eNgInEeR certificate can be put on hold since its not paying bills then diversify ur network to other business venture now.

Hook me up privately so let me hook u up with ur cohorts working in Abuja so u try ur luck and see cos not trying at all is doing nothing.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by elexoko: 6:44am On Dec 25, 2020
Daviestunech:
U need the right connection in Abuja....make I link u?
Bro I need that right connection too please i am back in abuja newly.
I am Surveyor and sound web developer and programmer
elexdonchch@yahoo.com or 08185609702 thanks ...I like to hook up with you
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by brainhgeek(m): 7:09am On Dec 25, 2020
No advice here can help you. You are the one wearing your shoes, you know where the pains are. I don believe you should be asking this on social media. Responses here will be devoid of emotions. Hard times or opportunities will either format your brain to default boost your faith to full force.
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by liver123(m): 7:25am On Dec 25, 2020
abragr8:
My company needs a Civil Engineer in Abuja. We have some proposed projects lined up for 2021. So send your CV to daystarshelter@gmail.com
Whether you stay in Abuja or in Kogi my state, if you are qualified based on our company standards we will call you.

CHECK A 3000-SEATER EVENT CENTRE THAT OUR CONSTRUCTION COMPANY DAYSTAR SHELTER LTD BUILT IN 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/6312184/construction-process-3000-seater-event#97033776
OK sir, can I contact you Sir this is my number 08131952353
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by liver123(m): 7:28am On Dec 25, 2020
Daviestunech:
yes sir. I will appreciate 08131952353
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by matrixme(m): 7:34am On Dec 25, 2020
I wish we could all assist with rent instead of giving mere advice. Staying in Abuja can be a though endeavour for someone without job and whose house rent will soon expire. With little savings (if you can rally round friends and family), you can start a POS/bills payment business. It still pays. There are still many underserved banking areas in this Abuja. We are a Fintech company with wide interests in E-commerce. I can help you setup a profitable business in 2021 and will give you a slight discount on terminal cost. Send a private message for more details.
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by liver123(m): 7:50am On Dec 25, 2020
Ibeme:

How much is your rent in Abuja?
50k sir

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Ibeme: 7:53am On Dec 25, 2020
liver123:
50k sir

Per year?
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by liver123(m): 8:14am On Dec 25, 2020
Daviestunech:
yes sir, this is my number 08131952353 I will appreciate sir
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by liver123(m): 8:22am On Dec 25, 2020
Ibeme:

Per year?
yes sir
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Ibeme: 8:29am On Dec 25, 2020
liver123:
yes sir

I'll contact you separately via DM, meanwhile follow abragr8 recommendations and try to reach him via DM function after submitting your CV as he recommended

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by liver123(m): 8:41am On Dec 25, 2020
Godsspeed:
How much is your accommodation in Abuja?
50k sir
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by liver123(m): 8:42am On Dec 25, 2020
Ibeme:

I'll contact you separately via DM, meanwhile follow abragr8 recommendations and try to reach him via DM function after submitting your CV as he recommended
OK sir thanks
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by kolagbemi(m): 9:55am On Dec 25, 2020
Do you know that, not everyone that sleeps under bridge are homeless in the real sense, some have home in village or in their comfort zones. But they will rather chase after opportunity where opportunity abounds. You have to position yourself for opportunities. Does Lokoja gives you more opportunity than Abuja?

Consider prospect over comfort....if you cannot meet up with rent....you can downgrade standard of living maybe from 1bedroom flat to selfcon or a room. You can move to an area you pay less on accommodation and change of environment is even good for someone like you because of network building is your main asset.

My advice would be rough it in Abuja. God will answer you soon.

Merry Christmas

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 25, 2020
Komu1048:

I strongly believe you have no idea of what you just uttered @bolded or have experience it. After NYSC I stayed with my uncle in lekki Lagos. He have 4 children, though I am older than them all, after I attended their convocation one after the other till they all got high paying jobs. My Uncle have 3 jeeps and 3 of the children bought theirs. I was the one that wash almost all this cars, clean houses when they've left for work and run errands for the whole family. Hoping that a day they will help me out, they use to give me money for keep up, and free food, free wifi, free subscription every month. But trust me I go to bed in tears most nights, insult flows like water. My cousins that call me uncle, started calling me by name, send me errands and throws jab at me, in the presence of their parent. Anytime they want to have nice time they make me the topic and make fun of anything I do. People in the village used to envy me Cox they will see me in suit, and take picture of the food I eat. But trust me, depression is setting it.

I have to leave later on and start a farming business in a village around Ota. And I can tell you it has being joy ever since, and anytime we come across my respect have been earn back. So I don't believe your assertion, happiness is key to living even if you stay in aso rock and not happy. Then u need to leave
bro is this for real?
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by liver123(m): 10:35am On Dec 25, 2020
kolagbemi:
Do you know that, not everyone that sleeps under bridge are homeless in the real sense, some have home in village or in their comfort zones. But they will rather chase after opportunity where opportunity abounds. You have to position yourself for opportunities. Does Lokoja gives you more opportunity than Abuja?

Consider prospect over comfort....if you cannot meet up with rent....you can downgrade standard of living maybe from 1bedroom flat to selfcon or a room. You can move to an area you pay less on accommodation and change of environment is even good for someone like you because of network building is your main asset.

My advice would be rough it in Abuja. God will answer you soon.

Merry Christmas
Thank you sir
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Komu1048(m): 11:29am On Dec 25, 2020
rawitools:
bro is this for real?

Yes ooo
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Godsspeed: 11:33am On Dec 25, 2020
liver123:
50k sir

Really? Where in Abuja?
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Cleanworld(f): 11:53am On Dec 25, 2020
liver123:
Please pardon my grammatical blunders. I have stayed in abuja since 2018 after my service and I have done some petty work work as a civil engineering graduate which doesn't measure up for survival and up till date I have not gotten a decent job.

This year has been very tough for me as I struggle to even feed. My rent in abuja will expire February and I don't have a job.

Now am in lokoja to visit my elder brother for xmass and he is in support that I should stay back in lokoja since I don't have a job in abuja and my rent will soon expire. Am totally confused now on whether to stay back or go back to abuja as this lokoja town is too dry and I don't even know how I can get a job here.

Stay in Abuja for now because in January many companies will start to recruit new staffs. go and source for a good agent in Abuja and submit your CVs in as many company as possible .

use the Whole of January to look for job and God will smile on you before your house rent expire.

just believe it

its better to raise your head above the waters than trying to drawn in the water.

My2cent
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by liver123(m): 1:21pm On Dec 25, 2020
Cleanworld:

Stay in Abuja for now because in January many companies will start to recruit new staffs. go and source for a good agent in Abuja and submit your CVs in as many company as possible .

use the Whole of January to look for job and God will smile on you before your house rent expire.

just believe it thank you sir

its better to raise your head above the waters than trying to drawn in the water.

My2cent
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by liver123(m): 1:22pm On Dec 25, 2020
Cleanworld:

just believe it

My2cent
OK thanks
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by kzubyar(m): 4:37pm On Dec 25, 2020
Ibeme:

Per year?
sometimes if you don't know Abuja's that's what you be thinking house renting is night but believe me were I stayed in durume is 70k a single room and good water system.and we gave light..very closed to apo legislative quarter's.. So if you have little business Abuja's might be better that kogi
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 25, 2020
kzubyar:
sometimes if you don't know Abuja's that's what you be thinking house renting is night but believe me were I stayed in durume is 70k a single room and good water system.and we gave light..very closed to apo legislative quarter's.. So if you have little business Abuja's might be better that kogi
Bro could u pls help me out cos I need a decent room self con within the range of 80-100k. I will be grateful to have ur WhatsApp contact let's talk more. I sent u a PM too. We can start to talk from there.
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by kzubyar(m): 11:18pm On Dec 25, 2020
AccessME:
Bro could u pls help me out cos I need a decent room self con within the range of 80-100k. I will be grateful to have ur WhatsApp contact let's talk more. I sent u a PM too. We can start to talk from there.
decent?like how.. We have some new apartment but under construction but it goes for 250k,but the owned can only collect 1 and half year,self contains..the one you can get within that ranged might be single room and shared toilet less than that... But the room you water should be your priority
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 26, 2020
kzubyar:
decent?like how.. We have some new apartment but under construction but it goes for 250k,but the owned can only collect 1 and half year,self contains..the one you can get within that ranged might be single room and shared toilet less than that... But the room you water should be your priority
ok but u mentioned u staying in a good one u paying 70k at durumi. Something like that. I can't share toilet.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by kzubyar(m): 11:42am On Dec 26, 2020
AccessME:
ok but u mentioned u staying in a good one u paying 70k at durumi. Something like that. I can't share toilet.
70k you don't what to share toilet is not possible
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 26, 2020
kzubyar:
70k you don't what to share toilet is not possible
0k can I get 120-130k without sharing toilet?
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by kzubyar(m): 4:32pm On Dec 26, 2020
AccessME:
0k can I get 120-130k without sharing toilet?
seriously ego hard ooo let's said 150 and above..because some one just long in today's 180k
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 04, 2021
kzubyar:
seriously ego hard ooo let's said 150 and above..because some one just long in today's 180k

150k where?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osun State Now Offers 20,000 Jobs To Youths In 1wk, Under Aregbesola / 5 Major Mistakes Graduates Make In Their First Job Interviews / Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.