Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

My Boarding School Experience (fgc Ibillo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Boarding School Experience (fgc Ibillo) (680 Views)

FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Students Lodge Colleagues In Hotels For Sex Romps / Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies / My Medical School Experience- The Fighting Spirit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Boarding School Experience (fgc Ibillo) by Soarr(m): 9:44pm On Dec 23, 2020
Based on this story that graced front page today about the deeper life boarding house scenerio

https://www.nairaland.com/6327274/deeper-life-school-begs-parents

I decided to share my own boarding house experience and if we have fgc ibillo boys on this forum, they will be able to relate...

Got enrolled in fgc ibillo in the year 1999..
I was put in red house, maybe because they saw me as a stubborn lad, I don't know but from my appearance back then, you will know this young lad is trouble.. I was too tall for my age... Though I was in red house, but I had a cousin then who was in ss3 and in blue house so he told me to come to blue house so he could shield me from bullies. (Yinmu) never knew I was in for a rough ride... After siesta the second day, we went to the field to have fun and I could remember vividly that they just finished inter house sport before we resumed so the tracks and everything was still in place and as a playful lad then, was just jumping up and down..
And let me tell you that throughout my primary school, I was in the boarding house(I was just 5yrs old) when I was enrolled in boarding school cos my dad was traveling to Austria back then for the first time, (that was the first time he left Nigeria though) .. From oguntuade children school emure ekiti, to aunty bisi n/p ikare akoko, to omolere children school akure...
So I was used to the boarding school life before fgc ibillo..
While we were out playing, dem Don burst my cupboard for blue house and everything in it was looted.
from my provisions to my white and green(2 pairs) to my red checkers and khaki(1pair)cream, spice(Maggi, curry, thyme, salt, crayfish) school sandal, bucket infact, everything in my cupboard was looted like the pallatives in those Lagos warehouses..
Though I was already a hard guy, I started crying as if our zombie 30k stipend hasn't been paid for 2 months... My friends manna and heli can relate..
I was really confused and dumbfounded...
How am I supposed to go to assembly on Monday? My mattress was also moved. How do I sleep at night? No bed, no cover clothes, nothing.... All I had was just the red check, singlet, khaki and slippers I was putting on..

Then I was introduced and indoctrined into the proper fgc ibillo ways by some jss2 students...
I was introduced to fabbing..
You fab as you've been fabbed..
My werey cousin started giving me attitudes cos the provisions he was eyeing has been looted, I was forced to move to corpers lodge...
The first 3weeks were extremely rough, some jss1 students helped me with rice and beans slippers, sandals and hostel wears..
Today, am on blue checkers, tomorrow will be purple house wears, next will be green house...
So it was later a case of if you can't beat them, you join them...
In 2 months, I already have 2 cupboard in corpers lodge full of provisions, 4 pairs of red checks, khaki, sandals, buckets and so on...
It was in jss2 I later saw my cupboard, I recognized it cos of my surname that was showing, dem Don use the other parts as firewood cook bucket rice...
Jss2, I was already a jagaban.. I had group, I was the leader, we were four..
We were to leave corpers lodge cos it was meant for jss1 students only..

I remember in jss2, I was sitting on the tree where they hung that tyre rim called bell.. Then I remembered an ss2 student was passing by and I extorted him of 100naira.. because of my height, he thought I was in ss3.. So on inspection day, we all lined up and fortunately for him and unfortunately for me, he was among the inspection prefects.. Immediately he saw me, he burst out laughing. Me I already knew the reason for his laughter cos I was in the jss2 line. I just jappa commot from line and headed towards borehole side.
There are some wicked seniors back then that will book your full week dining food.. To avoid this, I was introduced to dubbing..
Dubbing is the act of skaling the dinning hall short fence to go for another round of food..
So we are in the dining hall with tissue papers folded like handkerchief.. Once you finish your food, one of us will scale the fence then we will throw him plates, so while he is collecting, we are reshuffling plates..
Notable mentions
Ekor stream
Ayunko stream

I became most wanted by senior students at a time..
When I see no end to the collection of my foods daily, I started adding small small shit to my beans and give it to them.. The beans na kuku watering beans before..
Once they use my keg to send me water, I will add urine to the water..
We go to ibillo market, where those aboki's are, two will distract him, one will be on the lookout and we will move atleast two of his calculator or Illuminating watches and elope..
We looted izibili
Akabue fish..
Tuck shop etc.
When I got to ss1, I was living off campus with my goons.. But one thing I was very good at was break dancing.. It was the time of our favorite twins, (kunle and Ebenezer) I even thought they were the renowned psquare...
It was the year of thong song and dance with me by sisqo.. Social night was another avenue to press yansh and boobs and run away..
I remember an incident that happened back then, the girls wanted to visit our senior boys but no means and it was when Bush babies stories were rampant...
We dressed in white with our bedsheets, rubbed our faces with white powder and brought long cains.
Immediately the security saw us, he jumped inside well though the well isn't that deep and water no dey..
The girl used the opportunity to run to boys hostel.. Dem really flex those girls that night but na stubborn we stubborn, we no like girls..

Mr gbiri was my guardian and he is a very stubborn and wicked man,.
can't remember who flogs more between him and PA INTRO. na nose that man take dey talk..
AT ANY OCCASION. O. TIME. T. MOMENT. M. EVERYBODY, STAND UP...

the day we set him up, he was on his way to his house, we don help am arrange bees inside nylon bag
There is a cashew plantation on the road to his house so we don align ourselves on the cashew trees. We released the bees on him and he screamed to his house. We were not left behind on the bee sting, we were running back to the school kitchen almost naked when we got there, they rubbed palm oil on our bodies and we were looking like the caricature of goblin...

We also saw terrible things..
I remember a day we were coming from one stream like that and we branched to cook our bucket jollof rice..
On our way coming, believe me on this, this whirlwind started coming behind us, the bucket of rice was on my head and he no fall sha..
What we saw was a man in white spinning with his head and his legs in the air...
I wish one of my goons could read this and attest to it..
Fgc ibillo was the worst boarding house in Nigeria back then due to his poor infrastructure, no water, bullies by senior and all sorts of unspeakable things happening there.
Least I forget,
We always loot and drink fresh palm wine, remove catch from it's trap, and so on and so forth..
That first term experience I had, laid the foundation for what I passed through in fgc ibillo and it died when I was leaving.
Cos I remembered after about five years of not gaining admission, I became an extreme introvert and things about me changed so much...

I went back to fgc in the year 2016,met some farmers and gave them money,met some hunters and gave them money, went to ibillo market and gave money to those watch sellers I met there..
Went to those cashew and sugarcane plantations and gave money to those I met there.. Those I gave money to, I don't know if it were same people I have committed crimes against but I was instructed to do restitution of sin..
I had so many terrible experiences I couldn't document or write about...
Let me write this,
-I slept in the dining hall, inside those corners for months.
-Slepts under bunks for months.
-slept in burser's car park where her chickens used to sleep..
-just incase sha, na we put devil beans for that house master bed when he don dey over yansh our school girls..
-I did alot of good things too sha but I can't remember them....
-Sucked borehole vigorously to draw out water from it..
-was manhandled, bullied, intimidated by seniors alot.. It was one of the reason I started living off campus from jss3..
-KAWA means run but in my local dialect, it means come so I sabi how many times I chop slap because of that..
-till date I still have a little problem with my right ear cos some seniors were only beating my right ear then cos I refused them my food..
So many things I can't mention..
We no get liver toast girls but we Sabi peep them early morning from class..
fine art studio(our table tennis court and gambling studio back then)...
Our principal pickin dey tear burser pickin back then sha..

School anthem.. (I still try sha)
great fedgocol I revered thee
My ever dearest Alma mata
Create in me, thy tenderest love
A hhhmmm hmmm hmm love
Let's jump jaree
Great fedgocol, ibillo
With love and strength I vow to revered and love thee..

Cc royalroy
Cc R231
Cc Lalasticlala..
Re: My Boarding School Experience (fgc Ibillo) by whemmytopsy(m): 8:37am On Dec 24, 2020
It was what it was then... May God forgive you.
Na so olumide(our stubborn jss3 colleague) take die that year, when we go steal for dem neighbor's house run enter express... Rip.
Quod se posse.. that time, I missed my secondary school.
Re: My Boarding School Experience (fgc Ibillo) by wayisshut: 9:20am On Jan 25, 2022
Soarr:

Based on this story that graced front page today about the deeper life boarding house scenerio

https://www.nairaland.com/6327274/deeper-life-school-begs-parents

I decided to share my own boarding house experience and if we have fgc ibillo boys on this forum, they will be able to relate...

Got enrolled in fgc ibillo in the year 1999..
I was put in red house, maybe because they saw me as a stubborn lad, I don't know but from my appearance back then, you will know this young lad is trouble.. I was too tall for my age... Though I was in red house, but I had a cousin then who was in ss3 and in blue house so he told me to come to blue house so he could shield me from bullies. (Yinmu) never knew I was in for a rough ride... After siesta the second day, we went to the field to have fun and I could remember vividly that they just finished inter house sport before we resumed so the tracks and everything was still in place and as a playful lad then, was just jumping up and down..
And let me tell you that throughout my primary school, I was in the boarding house(I was just 5yrs old) when I was enrolled in boarding school cos my dad was traveling to Austria back then for the first time, (that was the first time he left Nigeria though) .. From oguntuade children school emure ekiti, to aunty bisi n/p ikare akoko, to omolere children school akure...
So I was used to the boarding school life before fgc ibillo..
While we were out playing, dem Don burst my cupboard for blue house and everything in it was looted.
from my provisions to my white and green(2 pairs) to my red checkers and khaki(1pair)cream, spice(Maggi, curry, thyme, salt, crayfish) school sandal, bucket infact, everything in my cupboard was looted like the pallatives in those Lagos warehouses..
Though I was already a hard guy, I started crying as if our zombie 30k stipend hasn't been paid for 2 months... My friends manna and heli can relate..
I was really confused and dumbfounded...
How am I supposed to go to assembly on Monday? My mattress was also moved. How do I sleep at night? No bed, no cover clothes, nothing.... All I had was just the red check, singlet, khaki and slippers I was putting on..

Then I was introduced and indoctrined into the proper fgc ibillo ways by some jss2 students...
I was introduced to fabbing..
You fab as you've been fabbed..
My werey cousin started giving me attitudes cos the provisions he was eyeing has been looted, I was forced to move to corpers lodge...
The first 3weeks were extremely rough, some jss1 students helped me with rice and beans slippers, sandals and hostel wears..
Today, am on blue checkers, tomorrow will be purple house wears, next will be green house...
So it was later a case of if you can't beat them, you join them...
In 2 months, I already have 2 cupboard in corpers lodge full of provisions, 4 pairs of red checks, khaki, sandals, buckets and so on...
It was in jss2 I later saw my cupboard, I recognized it cos of my surname that was showing, dem Don use the other parts as firewood cook bucket rice...
Jss2, I was already a jagaban.. I had group, I was the leader, we were four..
We were to leave corpers lodge cos it was meant for jss1 students only..

I remember in jss2, I was sitting on the tree where they hung that tyre rim called bell.. Then I remembered an ss2 student was passing by and I extorted him of 100naira.. because of my height, he thought I was in ss3.. So on inspection day, we all lined up and fortunately for him and unfortunately for me, he was among the inspection prefects.. Immediately he saw me, he burst out laughing. Me I already knew the reason for his laughter cos I was in the jss2 line. I just jappa commot from line and headed towards borehole side.
There are some wicked seniors back then that will book your full week dining food.. To avoid this, I was introduced to dubbing..
Dubbing is the act of skaling the dinning hall short fence to go for another round of food..
So we are in the dining hall with tissue papers folded like handkerchief.. Once you finish your food, one of us will scale the fence then we will throw him plates, so while he is collecting, we are reshuffling plates..
Notable mentions
Ekor stream
Ayunko stream

I became most wanted by senior students at a time..
When I see no end to the collection of my foods daily, I started adding small small shit to my beans and give it to them.. The beans na kuku watering beans before..
Once they use my keg to send me water, I will add urine to the water..
We go to ibillo market, where those aboki's are, two will distract him, one will be on the lookout and we will move atleast two of his calculator or Illuminating watches and elope..
We looted izibili
Akabue fish..
Tuck shop etc.
When I got to ss1, I was living off campus with my goons.. But one thing I was very good at was break dancing.. It was the time of our favorite twins, (kunle and Ebenezer) I even thought they were the renowned psquare...
It was the year of thong song and dance with me by sisqo.. Social night was another avenue to press yansh and boobs and run away..
I remember an incident that happened back then, the girls wanted to visit our senior boys but no means and it was when Bush babies stories were rampant...
We dressed in white with our bedsheets, rubbed our faces with white powder and brought long cains.
Immediately the security saw us, he jumped inside well though the well isn't that deep and water no dey..
The girl used the opportunity to run to boys hostel.. Dem really flex those girls that night but na stubborn we stubborn, we no like girls..

Mr gbiri was my guardian and he is a very stubborn and wicked man,.
can't remember who flogs more between him and PA INTRO. na nose that man take dey talk..
AT ANY OCCASION. O. TIME. T. MOMENT. M. EVERYBODY, STAND UP...

the day we set him up, he was on his way to his house, we don help am arrange bees inside nylon bag
There is a cashew plantation on the road to his house so we don align ourselves on the cashew trees. We released the bees on him and he screamed to his house. We were not left behind on the bee sting, we were running back to the school kitchen almost naked when we got there, they rubbed palm oil on our bodies and we were looking like the caricature of goblin...

We also saw terrible things..
I remember a day we were coming from one stream like that and we branched to cook our bucket jollof rice..
On our way coming, believe me on this, this whirlwind started coming behind us, the bucket of rice was on my head and he no fall sha..
What we saw was a man in white spinning with his head and his legs in the air...
I wish one of my goons could read this and attest to it..
Fgc ibillo was the worst boarding house in Nigeria back then due to his poor infrastructure, no water, bullies by senior and all sorts of unspeakable things happening there.
Least I forget,
We always loot and drink fresh palm wine, remove catch from it's trap, and so on and so forth..
That first term experience I had, laid the foundation for what I passed through in fgc ibillo and it died when I was leaving.
Cos I remembered after about five years of not gaining admission, I became an extreme introvert and things about me changed so much...

I went back to fgc in the year 2016,met some farmers and gave them money,met some hunters and gave them money, went to ibillo market and gave money to those watch sellers I met there..
Went to those cashew and sugarcane plantations and gave money to those I met there.. Those I gave money to, I don't know if it were same people I have committed crimes against but I was instructed to do restitution of sin..
I had so many terrible experiences I couldn't document or write about...
Let me write this,
-I slept in the dining hall, inside those corners for months.
-Slepts under bunks for months.
-slept in burser's car park where her chickens used to sleep..
-just incase sha, na we put devil beans for that house master bed when he don dey over yansh our school girls..
-I did alot of good things too sha but I can't remember them....
-Sucked borehole vigorously to draw out water from it..
-was manhandled, bullied, intimidated by seniors alot.. It was one of the reason I started living off campus from jss3..
-KAWA means run but in my local dialect, it means come so I sabi how many times I chop slap because of that..
-till date I still have a little problem with my right ear cos some seniors were only beating my right ear then cos I refused them my food..
So many things I can't mention..
We no get liver toast girls but we Sabi peep them early morning from class..
fine art studio(our table tennis court and gambling studio back then)...
Our principal pickin dey tear burser pickin back then sha..

School anthem.. (I still try sha)
great fedgocol I revered thee
My ever dearest Alma mata
Create in me, thy tenderest love
A hhhmmm hmmm hmm love
Let's jump jaree
Great fedgocol, ibillo
With love and strength I vow to revered and love thee..

Cc royalroy
Cc R231
Cc Lalasticlala..

I miss those ibillo days.trying so hard to connect with old pals. do we have a whatapp group for alumni. please if we do jusst let me know

(1) (Reply)

Jamb Registration Starts Next Week:join Us For Tutorials And Registration. / Resumption/admission!!!!!!!! Resumption/admission / Plumber Arrested For Stealing Phone Belonging To OAU Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.