Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,290 members, 7,818,987 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! (8489 Views)

Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement / Fun Pictures Of Christmas Celebration In Anambra / Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! by ojun50(m): 2:10pm On Dec 24, 2020
I remember My dad go pack 5 of us go tailor place sew the same style with the same material for Xmas but you hardly see sure on Xmas's day only Muslim still do dat

1 Like

Re: Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! by emmaaolufemi: 2:11pm On Dec 24, 2020
Omo. Mine has been on low key. The environment shows a quiet celebration. Probably because of the covid.

AccessME:
Tomorrow is Christmas honesty I don't feel the Christmas groove like before when you will see different amazing preparation for the celebration.

The best Christmas celebration I ever had was long time ago in 2002. I could remember how all my neighbor bought goat that year. Jubilation, grooving and too much choping meat and delicacies. However, there is this particular Benin man in my compound then that do always buy the biggest goat, anytime he comes home within that Christmas, me, his children, and some other kids in the neighborhood will just go place our ear behind his car booth if we could hear any sound of goat lol it always a funny experience. We were do all that because Christmas dey sure and go well in my compound once we see say that man buy goat, it's sure we go chop enough suya and fried meet chai the good old days.

Then we the young boys go even dey compete in buying knockout for street, the one that buys the highest amount will be cebrated sotay on that watchnight eve of Christmas everybody don buy knockout keep waiting for showdown, we wey make the most noise thinking we had bought the highest knockout didn't know that there was one silent guy who has bought carton of knockout keep...na so competition start with throwing knockout against each other in my street that night o.. With that guy leading the train cause he had a lot that wouldn't finish, as one own finish we just find one side go hide, e come remain only the guy from our compound battling with the other compound o.. The other compound own finish, his own still remain na so we take win the fight that night lol. It was a really interesting experience I would never ever forget in my life time.

Till date, 2002 Christmas remains the most enjoyable Christmas celebration I ever had! Want about you?
Re: Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! by banio: 2:12pm On Dec 24, 2020
Christmas was ALWAYS sweet when we were kids. Then we did the ENJOYMENT, while our Parents do the spending.

Now that adulthood has set in, na spending get Christmas. It will be sweet AGAIN once the millions start rolling IN. So we can ball and roll round the globe.

7 Likes

Re: Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! by Taiwojon(m): 2:12pm On Dec 24, 2020
Jesus save

Repent and believe the gospel

No more time oooo
Christ is coming very soon
Re: Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! by Offpoint1: 2:21pm On Dec 24, 2020
When I trekked from my village, passed over 7 villages to my uncles place and he ended up giving me Agbalomo... The distance was like trekking from Badagry to Ajah, only for the idiot to give me Agbalomo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 24, 2020
Re: Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! by emmy512: 2:25pm On Dec 24, 2020
It was on a Saturday in the year 1999 around the time I the story of bill Clinton being impeached was blaring on every radio tuned to BBC.
I put on my dress, already had my plans with my mates.
Went for Saturday mass while coming back we got pursued down the hill by cows.
Got down the hill and started our long trek to each person we knew, we ate everywhere until we reached the home of the chairman of the LGA. He was just one of 4 people that had TV in the whole LGA then don't ask me how I know.

His wife arranged a big tray of rice with stew and roasted fish, a bottle of Fanta for everyone and we all from different families ate from same plate without fear.
To top it off the lady played Samson and Delilah on their then color tv. We were awestruck we took the whole duration of the movie to finish the rice.

Why it was memorable is because compared to now, our parents never bordered about our whereabouts, everywhere was safe, I could live home to river or anywhere and come back late.
I could go to anyone's house without fear of kidnap.
I remembered when I left home to attend Reinhard bonkers crusade just to see a projector project a movie

Now those kind of days are long gone

12 Likes

Re: Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! by marsman: 2:25pm On Dec 24, 2020
When i was at my Grandma's place and we killed a goat a goatee for Christmas,
Re: Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! by Csami(m): 2:27pm On Dec 24, 2020
I don't remember the year but it was the first time I listened to "Oh Holy Night!". That Christmas was memorable.
Re: Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 24, 2020
Don’t mind me I’m just here to read the lies.
Re: Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! by Emotionss: 2:28pm On Dec 24, 2020
Anyone born in the 70s and 80s will agree with me that the most memorable Christmas celebrations was in the mid 90s by late 90s and early 2000 Christmas has lost 60% of its excitement and flavors.

2 Likes

Re: Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! by Dexterfire: 2:29pm On Dec 24, 2020
paulolee:
mine was in 2018 I think,..one of my old street fruend jimoh called and said he just returned from Dubai and make we try link up, I called hin and the guy host me for him new house for enugu state..
that was the most memorable Christmas because i ate food, they were so many expensive drinks to go round and the also girls were over 20 for just few guys all looking beautiful and clean..
I spent 5 days in enugu visiting places and catching fun with jimoh and 4 other gilrs "without spending a dime..
he letter traveled back to Dubai few days letta and gave me 100k block as t.p that was the last time i saw him or heard about him...
Jimoh, even if I no know the kinda of work you dey do for dubai, I pray say make them no catch you...
Amen grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! by Drizzy5001(m): 2:50pm On Dec 24, 2020
It was 2003 Christmas oh, I and my friends were coming back from where we went, my neighbour's kids opened gate for their dad, to drive out, Immediately, their dog ran out from there compound,( you know how dogs behave) and started chasing us, unfortunately, I fell inside gutter grin, and my Christmas clothe got stained...

3 Likes

Re: Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! by Drone95(m): 2:53pm On Dec 24, 2020
Year 2000/2001. I bought fireworks worth of #700, grin
Re: Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! by spencekat(m): 2:57pm On Dec 24, 2020
StTrump:
Abeg make rain fall tomorrow
Rain maker welldone!
Re: Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 24, 2020
paulolee:
mine was in 2018 I think,..one of my old street fruend jimoh called and said he just returned from Dubai and make we try link up, I called hin and the guy host me for him new house for enugu state..
that was the most memorable Christmas because i ate food, they were so many expensive drinks to go round and the also girls were over 20 for just few guys all looking beautiful and clean..
I spent 5 days in enugu visiting places and catching fun with jimoh and 4 other gilrs "without spending a dime..
he letter traveled back to Dubai few days letta and gave me 100k block as t.p that was the last time i saw him or heard about him...
Jimoh, even if I no know the kinda of work you dey do for dubai, I pray say make them no catch you...
Then fit done behead jimoh oo shocked
Re: Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 24, 2020
jawalis:
Born to a “below average “ family. The only thing that makes Xmas different from other days is that Mom do manage to offer us “Eve” those days, she’ll mix with 10 liters of water and serve us. And sometimes if she could strive to get us new “kito” sandals and a design of cloth with different animals pictures on it. It’s not been so easy growing up though but there’s light at the end of the tunnel.
To everyone in sane shoe with me, let’s all keep our head up and work smart. Things will definitely turn around.
Merry Christmas to all Nairaland member and Guess reading this. May you all live to witness more on earth and in good health

Amen, God bless you for this.

Re: Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! by Sirmuel1(m): 3:13pm On Dec 24, 2020
AccessME:
Tomorrow is Christmas honesty I don't feel the Christmas groove like before when you will see different amazing preparation for the celebration.

The best Christmas celebration I ever had was long time ago in 2002. I could remember how all my neighbor bought goat that year. Jubilation, grooving and too much choping meat and delicacies. However, there is this particular Benin man in my compound then that do always buy the biggest goat, anytime he comes home within that Christmas, me, his children, and some other kids in the neighborhood will just go place our ear behind his car booth if we could hear any sound of goat lol it always a funny experience. We were do all that because Christmas dey sure and go well in my compound once we see say that man buy goat, it's sure we go chop enough suya and fried meet chai the good old days.

Then we the young boys go even dey compete in buying knockout for street, the one that buys the highest amount will be cebrated sotay on that watchnight eve of Christmas everybody don buy knockout keep waiting for showdown, we wey make the most noise thinking we had bought the highest knockout didn't know that there was one silent guy who has bought carton of knockout keep...na so competition start with throwing knockout against each other in my street that night o.. With that guy leading the train cause he had a lot that wouldn't finish, as one own finish we just find one side go hide, e come remain only the guy from our compound battling with the other compound o.. The other compound own finish, his own still remain na so we take win the fight that night lol. It was a really interesting experience I would never ever forget in my life time.

Till date, 2002 Christmas remains the most enjoyable Christmas celebration I ever had! Want about you?

Knockout fight Is always the best memory for me. Especially in Mushin. 1998, 1999, 2000-2003 best Christmas memories!!! And yes, my Dad was alive then. The family was still complete

1 Like

Re: Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! by berryPee(m): 3:22pm On Dec 24, 2020
2013 during my service year in Akwa ibom, after grooving Ikot Ekpene on 22/12 we travelled down to Calabar for final showdown. Omo see fine fine pikins dem like mummy water 1st daughters tongue

4 Likes

Re: Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! by chinaka98295: 3:27pm On Dec 24, 2020
:Abeg make rain fall tomorrowRain maker welldone!

1 Like

Re: Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! by Adewale1603(m): 3:43pm On Dec 24, 2020
jawalis:
Born to a “below average “ family. The only thing that makes Xmas different from other days is that Mom do manage to offer us “Eve” those days, she’ll mix with 10 liters of water and serve us. And sometimes if she could strive to get us new “kito” sandals and a design of cloth with different animals pictures on it. It’s not been so easy growing up though but there’s light at the end of the tunnel.
To everyone in sane shoe with me, let’s all keep our head up and work smart. Things will definitely turn around.
Merry Christmas to all Nairaland member and Guess reading this. May you all live to witness more on earth and in good health
at the end of the tunnel ? the light that Nepa don cut since

1 Like

Re: Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! by Eryyy92: 3:45pm On Dec 24, 2020
grin
StTrump:
Abeg make rain fall tomorrow
Re: Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! by Jefferic(m): 3:53pm On Dec 24, 2020
Marry Christmas to you all.

Re: Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! by Donspicey: 4:05pm On Dec 24, 2020
LegendaryArnold:
My uncle in the US flew us over and we spend Christmas and new year in Maryland, US. We visited Disney Land and went to various side attractions. On Christmas day my uncle and his wife roasted a very big turkey! Damn it was so delicious and juicy. When we were unwrapping gifts, my uncle got me with a PlayStation one which was like the biggest thing then... Ah! Na who slap me?!

Easy bro.....

Re: Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! by Donspicey: 4:11pm On Dec 24, 2020
Emotionss:
Anyone born in the 70s and 80s will agree with me that the most memorable Christmas celebrations was in the mid 90s by late 90s and early 2000 Christmas has lost 60% of its excitement and flavors.

Wanlai frm 2010 everytin jst loose taste......

See as dis year xmas jst be like say notin dey happen....i no feel the breeze at all....
Re: Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! by Omofloflo: 4:17pm On Dec 24, 2020
emmy512:
It was on a Saturday in the year 1999 around the time I the story of bill Clinton being impeached was blaring on every radio tuned to BBC.
I put on my dress, already had my plans with my mates.
Went for Saturday mass while coming back we got pursued down the hill by cows.
Got down the hill and started our long trek to each person we knew, we ate everywhere until we reached the home of the chairman of the LGA. He was just one of 4 people that had TV in the whole LGA then don't ask me how I know.

His wife arranged a big tray of rice with stew and roasted fish, a bottle of Fanta for everyone and we all from different families ate from same plate without fear.
To top it off the lady played Samson and Delilah on their then color tv. We were awestruck we took the whole duration of the movie to finish the rice.

Why it was memorable is because compared to now, our parents never bordered about our whereabouts, everywhere was safe, I could live home to river or anywhere and come back late.
I could go to anyone's house without fear of kidnap.
I remembered when I left home to attend Reinhard bonkers crusade just to see a projector project a movie

Now those kind of days are long gone
cry cry cry
Re: Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! by Muhylonaire007: 4:37pm On Dec 24, 2020
Hmmmm...
Last year Christmas was the craziest.
My 4years old relationship crashed like a Dana airline. Everyone celebrated Christmas but I was alive yet like a dead being. You know how mad it sounds for someone to leave you without prior notice nor misunderstanding. grin grin grin grin grin grin
I will never forget that year..

1 Like

Re: Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! by CastingCrowns(f): 4:40pm On Dec 24, 2020
the best Christmas I ever had was 2016 in jtown.. I was charmed by that beautiful city, it was my second visit and I couldn't have enough.. I recall going to terminus market with my elder sister on the 24th, the weather was so beautiful.. my sister and I were the only ones left in the house and we had so much fun.. we cooked, ate, laughed together and made a lot of noise.. I'll never forget that particular Christmas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 24, 2020
EyezofGod120:
grin 2015,,,I went to my parent all my brothers and sis came with their children and wife,, house full everywhere dey ball,,out of my 4 brothers, 2 na pastor while the rest na street,omo come see how beer,wine dey roll in,,my papa really like me cuz me na real niggaarr!! Out of d pikin dey my papa born na me took everything about him,i get action boldness and so,,as I just landed like this,na so my papa welcome me with cold enikeni(Heineken),, he sweet well well then,,,if not corona everybody for gather come now but all is well,my papa don dey old sha but him still gallant,,but God go keep us all safe
nice experience. May God continue to keep ur old Man sound and healthy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Did You Learn In Church Today / The Plain Concept Of Eledumare And Orisas With The Reality Behind Them / Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.