Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Enemies Of The Country Will Lose Las Las - Femi Adesina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enemies Of The Country Will Lose Las Las - Femi Adesina (505 Views)

Enemies Of The Country Will Lose Las Las - Femi Adesina / Femi Adesina: My Daughter Almost Cried When She Read About Me On Social Media / FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enemies Of The Country Will Lose Las Las - Femi Adesina by murecool(m): 10:10pm On Dec 24, 2020
Permit me to use the popular lingo now in town in the headline of this piece. I hear the younger generation talk of las las, when they speak of a final situation or position. If anyone is restive over a matter, and they want to say he will be fine at last, they just say: he will be fine las las.

The same will happen to enemies of our country, who rejoice when negative things happen in the polity. They will lose las las, and then be gentle by force, as Nigeria is God’s project. It is bigger than anyone, and no matter the antagonism they have to government of the day, no matter the antipathy they have for the President, and for other people serving the country, they will lose las las. And become gentle. By force.

This came out in bold relief last week, as the abduction saga of over 300 schoolboys of Government Science Secondary School, Kankara, Katsina State, came to a positive denouement.

A fortnight ago, when President Muhammadu Buhari proceeded to his hometown in Daura, Katsina State, on a well deserved one week private visit, an uncanny kind of welcome was given to him by bandits long troubling different parts of the country. They spirited away over 300 schoolboys, and began to make all sorts of demands of government, before the boys could be released.

The development gave us a sense of deja vu. In April 2014, an equally large number of schoolgirls had been kidnapped from a school in Chibok, Borno State, by Boko Haram insurgents. Till today, the girls are not fully recovered.

Also in February 2018, another abduction of scores of schoolgirls took place at Dapchi, Yobe State. Eventually, almost all the girls were recovered, save for Leah Sharibu, who was reportedly held back because she refused to renounce her Christian Faith. Horrendous. Despicable.

Now, while there are similitudes between Chibok, Dapchi, and Kankara, the significant difference is the response by the different governments in power. When Chibok occurred, the then Goodluck Jonathan-led government demurred. They balked. They said no abduction happened, and that it was an attempt at negative propaganda by the then party in opposition, the All Progressives Congress (APC), to get power.

By the time government wisened up, the abductors had gone far, and the trail was cold. They couldn’t recover the girls, not until the Buhari government came a year later, and a large chunk of the hapless abductees were brought back. Some are still unaccounted for till today.

When Dapchi happened some years later, the Buhari government behaved differently. It swung into action, went after the abductors, and through a combination of deft factors, the girls were brought back. Except Leah Sharibu.

With Kankara on our hands, despite the strident cacophony of the market, President Buhari kept his cool, and went to work. And the needful was done. The boys were recovered after about six days in captivity.

While the saga lasted, and government was working night and day, enemies of the land were on overdrive, doing a jig, hopping from one leg to the other in a macabre dance. It was time to play evil politics once again. It was time to generate opprobrium for the President, and display hatred for their own land.

In 2014, there had been #Bring Back Our Girls, which contributed to dealing the government of the day mortal blows, and it was voted out a year later. So, the enemies thought they had a sucker punch at their disposal. They came up with #Bring Back Our Boys, and had reportedly printed ten million T-Shirts, which they wanted to use in prosecuting their self-serving crusade. Were they interested in the welfare of the Kankara boys, nor in the travails of their parents? Not at all. They were only actuated by vengeance, and the political capital they could get out of it. Their logic (or is it illogic) was clear. If #Bring Back Our Girls brought down a People’s Democratic Party (PDP) government, then #Bring Back our Boys must also undo the APC government.

There are many thoughts in the heart of man, but it is the counsel of God that shall stand. As the government worked, fervent prayers were also being made by people of goodwill. Everything coalesced, and worked together for the good of the country, of the boys, their parents, and of President Buhari. The boys were brought back, intact, unharmed, and not a hair was missing from their heads. To God be the glory. The enemies had lost las las.

They first lost their voices particularly on social media. They vanished after the boys were released. But instead of admitting final defeat, instead of throwing up their hands in surrender, saying that this government was smarter than they thought, they became like Janus, the mythical creature with two faces, and began to speak from two different mouths.

Listen to one of them, who has been overtaken by bile and hatred for the Buhari government. While the boys were being held, she had declared: “In October, US military forces rescued their one citizen held hostage by terrorists within our territory. Buhari as Commander-in-Chief of Nigerian Army, should please accord highest priority to the lives of 333 #Kankara students and seek US support immediately.” In other words, she believed there was an abduction, and it was time to put pressure on a man she didn’t like.

After the boys were recovered, what did Madam Red Card say? “Maybe the President sent the children on an excursion to terrorists so that they can release the children at will to him. He needs to tell us exactly what happened with the Kankara kids.”

Does anybody still take the woman serious? The Good Book says such people are “in the gall of bitterness and bondage of iniquity.” From such, please run away.

Anyone steeped in hatred against his or her country, and still goes to church or mosque, or even to herbalists, is very far from God. When such people fast, they are simply on hunger strike. When they pray, they simply blubber. But you know the good news? God is interested in this entity called Nigeria. Most times, we live dangerously, but He always pulls us back from the edge of the brink. Those who hate the President for no just cause, who wish evil for their own country, are just injuring their own souls. They will fail las las, and become gentle by force.

May God always stand by Nigeria. May He always do us good. May He perfect all that concerns us. Amen, somebody!

Compliments of the season, dear readers.

*Adesina is Special Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity

Re: Enemies Of The Country Will Lose Las Las - Femi Adesina by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 24, 2020
lol e be tins oooo

one thing is that if you are with a particular administration, you would never talk against them no matter how bad they are

Lalasticala I still dey remind biko,,, if I grace front page � show me love ooo make my christmas stew

1 Like

Re: Enemies Of The Country Will Lose Las Las - Femi Adesina by JaneYave(f): 11:05pm On Dec 24, 2020
Las Las We are strong. No matter how Nigeria has been toyed with; Christmas for us is a merry season because we have consolation that the God of Nigeria never sleeps. Have a wonderful season too
Re: Enemies Of The Country Will Lose Las Las - Femi Adesina by Emyzoloye5(m): 11:14pm On Dec 24, 2020
darling Daddy and his baren cows will lose at last

1 Like

Re: Enemies Of The Country Will Lose Las Las - Femi Adesina by jlinkd78(m): 11:19pm On Dec 24, 2020
Why Goodluck Jonathan still fraternizes with this Govt where as they openly humiliate him still surprises me

1 Like

Re: Enemies Of The Country Will Lose Las Las - Femi Adesina by padi94(m): 2:58am On Dec 25, 2020
Okay o
Re: Enemies Of The Country Will Lose Las Las - Femi Adesina by OreMI22: 3:46am On Dec 25, 2020
The biggest enemies of Nigeria are those that bastardized our unity in diversity to promote parochial ethnic and religious chauvinism.

In the past, I dismissed the possibility of a serious second civil war and violent break up of Nigeria. Infact, I laughed at it because i said Bottomline, almost all Nigerians want to remain together in one country. Today, due to totally irresponsible and shameless nepotism & mismanagement of our diversity by Buhari, Nigeria is extremely likely not to survive as a united country in the next 5 years. Just think of how quickly we came to where we are today.

Even Mr Adesina knows that Buhari does not believe in One Nigeria. He only sees Nigeria as an exploitative tool to steal other people's resources for the Fulanis. PERIOD!

2 Likes

Re: Enemies Of The Country Will Lose Las Las - Femi Adesina by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:02am On Dec 25, 2020
Coming from the biggest and number one enemy of Nigeria!!!

1 Like

Re: Enemies Of The Country Will Lose Las Las - Femi Adesina by Racoon(m): 5:06am On Dec 25, 2020
He spreads egregious lies.His standard attitude as Buhari’s publicist and propagandist is one of hardened ignorance, foolishness, and cowardice. 
http://saharareporters.com/2020/04/23/deacon-femi-adesina-shameless-sanballat-bayo-oluwasanmi

Look @ the kind of propaganda a so called deacon of a church is dishing out on a Christmas eve.Gloating about an unfortunate poorly scripted and excuted kidnapping incidence wherein children are being used as pawns in a political chess game.

He cant even fathom from Garba Shehu lies that these kidnaps have raised more serious questions than answers. https://dailytrust.com/kankara-kidnapping-and-matters-arising Even the high graded zombies have stop their ignorance on this platform but for this one, he cant just stop defending nonsense.Too bad.

Femi, there is a saying that "if you that is talking is stupid, those listening to you are not stupid.The real enemy of the nation is the clueless but lying government Adeshina is serving and it is already in its Waterloo.

1 Like

Re: Enemies Of The Country Will Lose Las Las - Femi Adesina by kingchris30(m): 5:09am On Dec 25, 2020
cheesy
Re: Enemies Of The Country Will Lose Las Las - Femi Adesina by Racoon(m): 5:09am On Dec 25, 2020
OreMI22:
[i]The biggest enemies of Nigeria are those that bastardized our unity in diversity to promote parochial ethnic and religious...

Today, due to totally irresponsible and shameless nepotism & mismanagement of our diversity by Buhari, Nigeria is extremely likely not to survive as a united country in the next 5 years. Just think of how quickly we came to where we are today.

Even Mr Adesina knows that Buhari does not believe in One Nigeria. He only sees Nigeria as an exploitative tool to steal other people's resources for the Fulanis. PERIOD!
".Buhari’s undoing is his wonted predilection for hierarchising ethnicity, religion and loyalty above competence.Since 1999, no president has obtrusively shown a more nepotistic aspect than Buhari.

It is unarguable that the president arrays the most competence-challenged cabinet ever in the chronicle of governance in Nigeria.As it was in 1984 under General Buhari, so it is in 2016 and 2020 under President Buhari........."
https://www.thecable.ng/buharis-legacy-of-recessions

2 Likes

Re: Enemies Of The Country Will Lose Las Las - Femi Adesina by Nobody: 5:21am On Dec 25, 2020
The worst predicament that has befallen this government is her media aide. The crass nature at which they express their opinions is so uncivilized and brute. You the media team of this government is the very and first enemy in this government, and invariably, this nation. Your statements to the Nigerian populace breeds and forments hatred among the citizenry. Our psychoanalytic approach to issue as a people have left us in this despicable state. We should realize that a change of government without the needed change in our way of thinking will only see us regressing back as a nation. Even if the country breaks into a thousand parts while still inheriting this same mindset, nothing will eventually be solved.

I say this categorically that the media arm of this government did more harm to the people of Nigeria than good. They sowed seeds of disgust to get Nigerians to accept this present government while they were oblivious of the natural law, that what one sows he will eventually reap.

I say that Nigerians and not this government or a future one, or the covetous politicians, or the shortsighted opinions of some that fail to see the handwriting on the wall, can bring this country out from its deplorable slimpit.

To the media team of this government I urge you to stop adding salt to injury. Let's call a spade a spade. You the media team created the enemies by your unguarded utterances.

2 Likes

Re: Enemies Of The Country Will Lose Las Las - Femi Adesina by Racoon(m): 5:34am On Dec 25, 2020
leadzeal:
The worst predicament that has befallen this government is her media aid. The crass nature at which they express their opinions is so uncivilized and brute. You the media team of this government is the very and first enemy in this government, and invariably, this nation..........
"Buharimaniacs are of the conviction that Nigeria is now legitimately the property of the president. The rest of us are here simply by his grace & generosity." https://opinion.premiumtimesng.com/2018/08/21/buharimaniacs-and-buharideens-by-femi-aribisala/

1 Like

Re: Enemies Of The Country Will Lose Las Las - Femi Adesina by Fahdiga(m): 6:14am On Dec 25, 2020
Femi it just remains two years away and you will kiss the free meals you get from Aso rock goodbye

2 Likes

Re: Enemies Of The Country Will Lose Las Las - Femi Adesina by CodeTemplar: 6:35am On Dec 25, 2020
This is a classic example of a man whose God is his belly seeing free cake. He will do anything to protect it.
So borrowing and sharing is development now.

1 Like

Re: Enemies Of The Country Will Lose Las Las - Femi Adesina by Jostoman: 6:56am On Dec 25, 2020
Femi adesinafole, lauretta oloshi, Gambari, Lair Muhammed and garbage shehu forgot that they are the number one enemy of Nigeria because they are not telling the president the truth. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Enemies Of The Country Will Lose Las Las - Femi Adesina by Cjrane2: 11:13pm On Dec 25, 2020
Fahdiga:
Femi it just remains two years away and you will kiss the free meals you get from Aso rock goodbye
grin grin grin grin
They always pretend as though lying blatantly for Buhari will make them stay in power for ever. I like when i see Ezekwesili these days. grin grin grin
The wrinkles on her face fighting Buhari gives me special joy! All of them that think only about their pockets than the common good of Nigeria will end up with the same fate.
Re: Enemies Of The Country Will Lose Las Las - Femi Adesina by Nobody: 1:25am On Dec 26, 2020
Eleribu
Re: Enemies Of The Country Will Lose Las Las - Femi Adesina by Cjrane2: 3:24pm On Dec 26, 2020
andrewmeddy8:
lol e be tins oooo

one thing is that if you are with a particular administration, you would never talk against them no matter how bad they are

Lalasticala I still dey remind biko,,, if I grace front page � show me love ooo make my christmas stew
grin
Re: Enemies Of The Country Will Lose Las Las - Femi Adesina by Cjrane2: 3:27pm On Dec 26, 2020
Racoon:

".Buhari’s undoing is his wonted predilection for hierarchising ethnicity, religion and loyalty above competence.Since 1999, no president has obtrusively shown a more nepotistic aspect than Buhari.

It is unarguable that the president arrays the most competence-challenged cabinet ever in the chronicle of governance in Nigeria.As it was in 1984 under General Buhari, so it is in 2016 and 2020 under President Buhari........."
https://www.thecable.ng/buharis-legacy-of-recessions

In a way, Buhari's extremism was a blessing. He forced all Nigerians to face the cancer of tribalism and nepotism without any pretenses. Without Buharis's extremism, the cancer would still be largely denied by Nigerian government and many people will still have false hope on the silly concept called "One Nigeria".

(1) (Reply)

I Will Never Join Partisan Politics, Says Bishop Kukah / Did Buhari Bring Poverty...? Nigerians, Know Your Thieves Now. / I Want To Have Money Too- Pastor Adigwe Exposes Secret

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.