Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

The Heroes Of Christmas - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Heroes Of Christmas (10178 Views)

Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Donates 40M To Wives Of Nigeria Fallen Heroes / Fun Pictures Of Christmas Celebration In Anambra / Muslim Woman Decorates Pastor’s House Ahead Of Christmas In Kaduna. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Heroes Of Christmas by Neoteny(m): 3:33pm On Dec 25, 2020
femi4:
Error...Christ means Messiah

In the Greek Septuagint, christos was used to translate the Hebrew מָשִׁיחַ (Mašíaḥ, messiah)

In Judaism, the Messiah is flesh and blood.

Literal meaning of Messiah: one annointed with oil.

Old Hebrew, Mashiyach, meaning annointed or consecrated. Greek equivalent, Christos, from chrio, to rub.

You don't even know the origins of the religion you profess.
Re: The Heroes Of Christmas by femi4: 3:35pm On Dec 25, 2020
Neoteny:

Literal meaning of Messiah: one annointed with oil.

Old Hebrew, Mashiyach, meaning annointed or consecrated. Greek equivalent, Christos, from chrio, to rub.

You don't even know the origins of the religion you profess.

lol...E pain am
Re: The Heroes Of Christmas by Neoteny(m): 3:37pm On Dec 25, 2020
femi4:
They were first called christian in ANTIOCH. Paul wasn't in the picture at that time

Act 11:26
26and when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. So it was that for an entire year they associated with* the church and taught a great many people, and it was in Antioch that the disciples were first called ‘Christians

Christian = Christ followers

Christianity = Religion of Christ followers

Jesus said “follow me” thirteen times in the Gospels. He used these two simple words to call Peter, Andrew, James, and John as his disciples

When the Jews asked for proof that Jesus was the Christ, part of His answer was, “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.” John 10:27 NIV

Acts of the Apostles was written by an anonymous author between 80 and 100 AD.

Paul promoted his Christian doctrine between 30 and 50 AD, much earlier.

You're wrong
Re: The Heroes Of Christmas by Neoteny(m): 3:37pm On Dec 25, 2020
femi4:
lol...E pain am

Refute, if you can.
Re: The Heroes Of Christmas by femi4: 3:40pm On Dec 25, 2020
Neoteny:

Refute, if you can.
refute what?
Messiah = Christ.

Accept that one first
Re: The Heroes Of Christmas by femi4: 3:44pm On Dec 25, 2020
Neoteny:

Acts of the Apostles was written by an anonymous author between 80 and 100 AD.

Paul promoted his Christian doctrine between 30 and 50 AD, much earlier.

You're wrong
Spiritual illiterate, I thought you said Paul started christianity....now it's "paul promoted"

If you have issue with the book of Act, Apostle Paul, then you have no biz with christianity.
Re: The Heroes Of Christmas by Neoteny(m): 3:51pm On Dec 25, 2020
femi4:
Spiritual illiterate, I thought you said Paul started christianity....now it's "paul promoted"

If you have issue with the book of Act, Apostle Paul, then you have no biz with christianity.

Yes he started it, and promoted it.

When people can't refute something, they try to latch onto semantics and insults.

I'm waiting for your proof that jesus was not preaching judaism, and actually founded Christianity.

Please show me anywhere in your Bible where Yeshua said he's founding and propagating a new religion different from the Jewish faith he was born, raised, and died in.
Re: The Heroes Of Christmas by femi4: 3:56pm On Dec 25, 2020
Neoteny:

Yes he started it, and promoted it.

When people can't refute something, they try to latch onto semantics and insults.

I'm waiting for your proof that jesus was not preaching judaism, and actually founded Christianity.

Please show me anywhere in your Bible where Yeshua said he's founding and propagating a new religion different from the Jewish faith he was born, raised, and died in.
You are the one that need to back your claims with proof

In all your claims , no proof that

Messiah is not Christ

Paul started Christianity

That Jesus preached Judaism

Mister, back your words with scriptures
Re: The Heroes Of Christmas by Neoteny(m): 3:56pm On Dec 25, 2020
femi4:
refute what?
Messiah = Christ.

Accept that one first

Messiah (Hebrew)= annointed

Christ (Greek)= annointed

Messiah is jewish savior whom jews are still expecting to come.

Christ is Christianity's supposed savior who's not accepted by the jews. Thus one of the fundamental differences between jews and Christians. Jews consider your Jesus Christ a pretender because they do not accept him as their promised savior.

Refute with facts and evidence if you can.
Re: The Heroes Of Christmas by femi4: 4:04pm On Dec 25, 2020
Neoteny:

Messiah (Hebrew)= annointed

Christ (Greek)= annointed

Messiah is jewish savior whom jews are still expecting to come.

Christ is Christianity's supposed savior who's not accepted by the jews. Thus one of the fundamental differences between jews and Christians. Jews consider your Jesus Christ a pretender because they do not accept him as their promised savior.

Refute with facts and evidence if you can.
John 1:11-13
King James Version
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Read verse 12 as many times as possible

Oh, I won't be surprise when you come with "the book of John" isn't valid bla bla bla grin
Re: The Heroes Of Christmas by Neoteny(m): 4:05pm On Dec 25, 2020
femi4:
You are the one that need to back your claims with proof

In all your claims , no proof that

Messiah is not Christ

Paul started Christianity

That Jesus preached Judaism

Mister, back your words with scriptures

The entirety of your scriptures have dubious authenticity, so they cannot be deemed ad irrefutable evidence.

Still, the Pauline letters and gospels are the first instances of the poor jew known as Yeshua being ascribed some divine origin, or being called the son of god. Paul never met yeshua, nor did the writers of the synoptic gospels. All their information was from hearsay. Infact, the first 3 gospels largely copied and then contradicted each other.

But what remains true is that yeshua was a jew preaching the religion of Yahweh that was practised in his family, and entire society.

Peter resisted Paul's intention to reach out to Gentiles because Peter knew his former boss made it strictly clear he came to save the jews only and let the Gentiles perish, because judaism preaches that jews are the preferred sons of god.

Paul saw an opportunity to take over and propagate his own movement, and thus started writing to gentiles about Yeshua, whose message of Jewish preference Paul twisted to make it universal.

Later, Christianity took its official form when the Roman state accepted it as the official religion of the roman empire, and proceeded to determine many of its rituals and doctrines.
Re: The Heroes Of Christmas by femi4: 4:08pm On Dec 25, 2020
Neoteny:

The entirety of your scriptures have dubious authenticity, so they cannot be deemed ad irrefutable evidence.

Still, the Pauline letters and gospels are the first instances of the poor jew known as Yeshua being ascribed some divine origin, or being called the son of god. Paul never met yeshua, nor did the writers of the synoptic gospels. All their information was from hearsay. Infact, the first 3 gospels largely copied and then contradicted each other.

But what remains true is that yeshua was a jew preaching the religion of Yahweh that was practised in his family, and entire society.

Peter resisted Paul's intention to reach out to Gentiles because Peter knew his former boss made it strictly clear he came to save the jews only and let the Gentiles perish, because judaism preaches that jews are the preferred sons of god.

Paul saw an opportunity to take over and propagate his own movement, and thus started writing to gentiles about Yeshua, whose message of Jewish preference Paul twisted to make it universal.

Later, Christianity took its official form when the Roman state accepted it as the official religion of the roman empire, and proceeded to determine many of its rituals and doctrines.

Gibberish as usual, then your claims are fallible

You can't back up your write ups
Re: The Heroes Of Christmas by Neoteny(m): 4:10pm On Dec 25, 2020
femi4:
John 1:11-13
King James Version
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Read verse 12 as many times as possible

Oh, I won't be surprise when you come with "the book of John" isn't valid bla bla bla grin

This is exactly why the Gospel of John is quite different and quite jarring from the first 3, because John's Gospel, being authored last, went to great lengths to suggest that Yeshua was christ the savior, and stressed most emphatically that believers in Christ might have eternal life.

The reason that Mark, Matthew and Luke are called synoptic gospels is because they largely agree with each other, while John's is quite out of sync and very different in tone and message. Pls read and compare them.
Re: The Heroes Of Christmas by Neoteny(m): 4:12pm On Dec 25, 2020
femi4:
Gibberish as usual, then your claims are fallible

You can't back up your write ups

Please provide proof of the authenticity of the gospels, and tell me about the actual authors and their authority.

I'm waiting.
Re: The Heroes Of Christmas by Regex: 5:38pm On Dec 25, 2020
DeMoneyGenius:
Congratulations to the heroes.
I prefer legend though.
Merry Christmas to all those celebrating from wherever and how ever.
So long you're alive at this moment, you're a winner!
I woke up this morning, put a call (video) through to my mom. They were eating rice and plenty of meat.
They asked what I would eat and I showed them what I was already eating - peanuts!
But hey! I am damn happy!
I followed the peanuts with a can of legend extra stout. Christmas is celebrated.
Now I'm getting ready to go for a visitation, along with two of my compound mates, to an orphanage.
God bless the world.

I'm more of a star guy.
Re: The Heroes Of Christmas by Kobojunkie: 6:36am On Dec 26, 2020
Interesting15:

Christmas is always a special day all around the world. It's all about celebrating the birth of our LORD JESUS CHRIST - the Saviour and Redeemer of mankind. It's usually a season of laughter and joy, shared with family and friends and loved ones. It is always a bright season we eagerly look forward to at all times.

Nevertheless, there are certain persons we must be eternally grateful to for the Gift called Christmas, for without them, we won't enjoy the joy of Christmas every year. They are the Heroes Of Christmas.

Here are they:
1. GOD the Father Himself:
John 3:16 gives a perfect description of the essence of Christmas: "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"
It's a tough decision to give one's beloved son as a sacrifice for undeserving folks. So, we are eternally grateful to YAHWEH for giving us Jesus.

2. Jesus Christ
Jesus is the reason for the season. Christmas is all about Jesus, and not to do stuff contrary to His Will - all in the name of celebration. Amazingly, Jesus wasn't forced to come down here to offer His life as a sacrifice to reunite mankind back to God.

As a human, how would you feel if you were asked to become an ant and start living with ants? This is what it's like for Jesus (the Immortal KING of Eternity) to come down here to live with humans. But guess what? Jesus did this willingly, because He loves you and I dearly

3. The Good HOLY SPIRIT
Yeah, the Holy Spirit also played a role as far as the existence of Christmas is concerned (the unity of the Trinity is so amazing)

Don't forget that when the Angel Gabriel was discussing with Mary, he told her "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God" (Luke 1:35). So, the Holy Spirit is also one of the Heroes Of Christmas.

4. Mary the Mother of Jesus
Of course, the womb that conveyed Jesus from the supernatural realm into our physical world, is a blessed one. The chaste Mary was able to earn the great favor to become the Mother of the LORD Himself.

Mary was obviously a strong woman. Don't forget she isn't married to Joseph when she became pregnant, and you can imagine what neighbors would have said. But she ignored the opinions of others and chose to carry and tend to the Baby in her womb.

5. Joseph
Definitely, it won't have been an easy task for Mary if not for the spiritual and wise Joseph that stood with her, doing all it takes to ensure the well-being of the Baby Jesus.

6. The Early Disciples Of Jesus
Before Jesus came here for His Earthly ministry, there have been several other religions being practiced by different people. But after He ascended to Heaven, His Disciples, who were just around 120 were able to work hard to ensure Christianity spread all over the world like wide fire. If they had not partner with the Holy Spirit to propagate Christ, then you and I won't have known about Him today.

7. Every Christian In Our Own Day
Yeah, as Christians today, we are also Heroes Of Christmas, as we keep celebrating the LORD every year, increasing HIS Fame, and making more people know about His amazing works of redemption.

In conclusion, Jesus is the reason for the season, and Christmas should increase our Love for the LORD, as we reflect upon the sacrifices He made for us. It's not a time to indulge in sinful things all in the name of celebration, but should rather propel us to make a decision to stop anything sinful we have been doing.

Source
Which kin hero list be this one? You forgot to include the following:

Chris Kringle Himself

Department stores

Salvation Army Bell ringers

Frosty, the snow man

Rudolph and the other reindeers

grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? / Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies / Kukah To Politicians: Stop Running To Pastors, Imams For Endorsements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.