Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Water Baptism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Water Baptism (1185 Views)

How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism / Are We Saved By Faith Or By Water Baptism? / Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Water Baptism by Jasiel(f): 11:29am On Mar 28, 2011
U guys is it possible to receive the gift of the holy spirit with evidence of speakin in tongues without havin water baptism?
Re: Water Baptism by ogajim(m): 3:34pm On Mar 28, 2011
Why do you need to speak in tongues? Why can't you just leave everything to God's will? Water baptism by immersion is following Jesus' lead but I don't know about the tongue speaking part. God already know your heart before you even open your mouth, "from the abundance of the heart speaketh the mouth, '
Re: Water Baptism by Jasiel(f): 3:44pm On Mar 28, 2011
So why d undue emphasis on foundational class. attendance. Its frustrating
Re: Water Baptism by ogajim(m): 3:55pm On Mar 28, 2011
I thought they had those classes online these days? A friend told me a week ago how strict it was when he went through the class, 7am prompt and that if you missed one, you had to wait for the next class.
Re: Water Baptism by Jasiel(f): 4:09pm On Mar 28, 2011
My point is they obligate people to attend these classes which cud take up to 3 months.the ethiopian eunuch peter baptizd dint have to take writtn exams
Re: Water Baptism by ogajim(m): 6:00pm On Mar 28, 2011
I am sorry I misunderstood your earlier submission, I thought you meant foundation class on it's own and not as part of the water baptism.
That's a new concept if they require folks who want to be baptized to attend a 3 month class, care to mention the Church?
Re: Water Baptism by wetu: 6:35pm On Mar 28, 2011
You can receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit without water baptism:
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
[/color]

Many churches have this baptism class but it's not scriptural of course.
Re: Water Baptism by Jasiel(f): 12:52pm On Mar 31, 2011
The churches I know of are mfm and rccg presently
Re: Water Baptism by ogajim(m): 1:14pm On Mar 31, 2011
I don't know about MFM but I do know that RCCG does baptize children old enough to follow baptism by immersion instructions but I don't know that they require one to enroll in a class in order to qualify for such here in NA.
I know also you don't have to be a worker to be baptized by them too so you might need to look further and see if it is a general practice or just that branch.
Re: Water Baptism by Jasiel(f): 3:14am On Apr 01, 2011
Its the headquarters Of mfm And a branch of rccg. Im just looking for the easy way out. I've had an unpleasant xperience at mfm, there's an rccg close to me but they do the same thing. I'm considering going to fountain of life cos I was checking their website lately and there was a section that required fillin a form for those who want to be baptised. I have to admit though as enticing as it sounds I wonda if it just ends there

(1) (Reply)

Risen Ascended Glorified! / Religious People Please Answer This Very Simple Question? / Why Do People, Especially Youths, Avoid Deeper Life Bible Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.