Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,149 members, 7,821,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1314546 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Angelswt(f): 4:18pm On Jan 27, 2021
Please, kindly clarify... I do not want to make mistake please. Thank you.

Angelswt:
Thank you everyone for your contributions here, I have learnt a lot silently smiley

Congratulations to everyone who has gotten their visa and congratulations to those expecting theirs smiley

Please I need clarification.

My WAEC has a different date of birth (year and month are correct but the day is wrong, it's 18th instead of 8th)

WAEC has stopped correcting date of birth.

I have already sworn an affidavit and used it, along side my WAEC result as proof of English to gain admission for September 2021.

I am thinking of writing a short note/cover letter explaining this when applying for my visa.

But:

Is it necessary I write this short note/ cover letter?

If it is necessary, please at what stage do I get to submit this letter? Is it during the online application or during biometrics?

Also please, to whom do I address this letter to?

Thank you smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by bluehorizo(m): 4:18pm On Jan 27, 2021
Use your bank debit card

babajeje123:

Wow! One needs to have a credit card to call these lines. Like how much would they charge?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by maintainG: 4:21pm On Jan 27, 2021
Hello,
Have you succeeded in booking the appointment? I can’t book for priority with my fidelity bank
I’m suspecting the amount is above my monthly limit

demmysoft:
Morning,

Which card did you use to pay priority services, l have paid IHS and visa with paga, having issue while trying to pay with access bank visa card.
Kindly advise on how you make the payment pls urgent.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by tuncutie(f): 4:30pm On Jan 27, 2021
Hello house ,Kindly educate me on BA flight regarding covid test for my 2years son.Lacet said I should contact my travel agent or airline .I called travelstart and was told it won’t be required from him .I am unable to reach BAirways.Please I don’t want to be fine at POE .Please help

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Miide2: 4:35pm On Jan 27, 2021
Victorex001:
Hello House...A friend who got to the UK on Sunday just told me now that I should fill the UK locator form 48hrs before arriving.

That he didn’t fill his form and they fined him £500 at the Airport. That they said they’ll come for the money later.

I don’t know how true is this....pls gurus and people who have arrived should help us out o.

i don’t know about the fine
but you must fill the locator form they’d ask for it at heathrow
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Wegothere: 4:37pm On Jan 27, 2021
Bouncingcastle:
Visa Alert!
Standard processing( ikj TLS)
Online submission: 16/12/2020
Biometric: 31/12/2020

Nonstraightforward mail: 19/01/21
Decision & collection: 26/01/21
Dhl delivered: 27/01/21

PS: I live in ikeja GRA...the tension and anxiety every time I visit visa processing centre made my pay for courier

I had 2 UK tourist refusals in the past
3 Canada student refusals too...

Big congratulation Bouncingcastle,

Did you take any step after the non-straightforward mail (e.g call or mail UKVI)?
Did you get any update after the non-straightforward mail from UKVI?

Did my biometric since December 16, 2020 but got the non-straightforward on January 21, 2021 and still waiting since then.

O ga ooooo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by maintainG: 4:51pm On Jan 27, 2021
Please o, who knows how I can pay for the priority appointment?
It’s rejecting my local bank card.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:55pm On Jan 27, 2021
Victorex001:
Hello House...A friend who got to the UK on Sunday just told me now that I should fill the UK locator form 48hrs before arriving.

That he didn’t fill his form and they fined him £500 at the Airport. That they said they’ll come for the money later.

I don’t know how true is this....pls gurus and people who have arrived should help us out o.

Dont know about fine but yes the locator form is mandatory

My mum came on Saturday to Heathorw although from canada not Nigeria. Everyone was asked to present 3 things

1. Locator form
2. Covid test result
3. Passport

All 3 were mandatory at POE and this is the locator form link

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Victorex001(m): 4:57pm On Jan 27, 2021
Gracedom:
Mail has entered o. Decision mail and collection mail together. Only mine though, my dependents own are still showing at DMC

Congrats �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Victorex001(m): 5:00pm On Jan 27, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Dont know about fine but yes the locator form is mandatory

My mum came on Saturday to Heathorw although from canada not Nigeria. Everyone was asked to present 3 things

1. Locator form
2. Covid test result
3. Passport

All 3 were mandatory at POE and this is the locator form link

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

Thank you very much.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:01pm On Jan 27, 2021
FieryJoe:
Please my wife is applying for Visa soon and my son - a toddler - and I are going with her as dependants. Can I always come back to naija after they are settled 'cos i am not planning to resign my job?

Anyone with experience, please respond.

I seen a couple of people doing this and for now it's fine..... what I dont know is... what is the implication when it time to renew (ie apply for PSW) . Will it count against the dependent that they broke the rules ?... (UKVI have access to flight records) since PSW is new nobody can tell

So just bear that in mind if you decide to go this path
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Bimpei: 5:09pm On Jan 27, 2021
The eagle has landed.....

Submission on 31st dec 2020 VI(Standard)
Decision/collection mail on 25th Jan.(15 working days)
Collected on 27th jan at VI....GRANTED

To God be all the Glory

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by oluwaloseyi2009: 5:16pm On Jan 27, 2021
Good day house . Guess u are all doing good . Congrats to those with VISA. Plsss I need urgent ans. Plss do I need Nigeria Police Character certificate as part of my documents . Thanks all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ayo21Bami: 6:15pm On Jan 27, 2021
Hello house, Please anyone knows how long it takes University of Chester to grant admission after applying? and do they do interview before issuing CAS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Toluteniola: 6:22pm On Jan 27, 2021
Congratulations, finally
Sorry I didn't reply you on here, I've been busy with classes
jaykay443:
thanks so much guys, I picked up my Visa today...you guys are too much for encouraging me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Toluteniola: 6:32pm On Jan 27, 2021
[Ha, finally, you can sleep.....
Congrats victor��

quote author=Victorex001 post=98467448]VISA ALERT!!!

Upload and Submitted my Doc - 13th Jan, 2021
Biometric - 14th Jan, 2021 Ikeja( Priority)
No decisions mail
Decision and Collection mail - 26th Jan, 2021

Collected - 26th Jan, 2021

I really really appreciate everyone here, a lot of you have been really patient with me and my many worries.

I’m grateful ����[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Shallypop(f): 6:41pm On Jan 27, 2021
Good evening all. Pls I'm a little bit confused. I have UK student visa and my kids have Brazilian passport which I know is Visa free to the UK for 6 months. I have not entered UK at all with the student visa but I intend to next week. Is it possible to take my kids along with me using their Brazilian passport or i have to enter first, get my BRP before I can pick them? Pls note, they r minors and they don't intend to live in the UK for now. I just want them to spend like 2 months with me before taking them back to Nigeria. Cc Justwise, LagosismyHome. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:53pm On Jan 27, 2021
Shallypop:
Good evening all. Pls I'm a little bit confused. I have UK student visa and my kids have Brazilian passport which I know is Visa free to the UK for 6 months. I have not entered UK at all with the student visa but I intend to next week. Is it possible to take my kids along with me using their Brazilian passport or i have to enter first, get my BRP before I can pick them? Pls note, they r minors and they don't intend to live in the UK for now. I just want them to spend like 2 months with me before taking them back to Nigeria. Cc Justwise, LagosismyHome. Thanks.

Who will be taking them back and if you. Do you have evidence of a return ticket for 2 months
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by babajeje123(m): 6:57pm On Jan 27, 2021
Greatnesslomo:
thought you said they scheduled you for an interview today.what happened?how did the interview go?
They didn't call cry The interview was scheduled to hold between 12-12:30pm but saw a missed call from a landline at 8:35am. I called back but couldn't get them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Greatnesslomo: 7:03pm On Jan 27, 2021
babajeje123:

They didn't call cry The interview was scheduled to hold between 12-12:30pm but saw a missed call from a landline at 8:35am. I called back but couldn't get them.
na real wa oo!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by JDQueen: 7:07pm On Jan 27, 2021
Ayo21Bami:
Hello house, Please anyone knows how long it takes University of Chester to grant admission after applying? and do they do interview before issuing CAS?

- It depends on the session (proposed start Date) you are applying for. Between 6-8weeks if they don't have loads of application on their desk.
- No interview is required.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by oluwaloseyi2009: 7:13pm On Jan 27, 2021
Good day house . Guess u are all doing good . Congrats to those with VISA. Plsss I need urgent ans. Plss do I need Nigeria Police Character certificate as part of my documents . Also will I put my CV and employment letter with payslip to my application . I am self sponsor . Thank u all .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Shallypop(f): 7:15pm On Jan 27, 2021
[quote author=LagosismyHome post=98500190]

Who will be taking them back and if you. Do you have evidence of a return ticket for 2 months [/qpuote]Yes, I will get a return ticket and i will take them back. Is it possible?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Shallypop(f): 7:19pm On Jan 27, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Who will be taking them back and if you. Do you have evidence of a return ticket for 2 months
I will bring them back and I plan buying a return ticket.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by bluehorizo(m): 7:23pm On Jan 27, 2021
babajeje123:

Stay calm. Have you emailed them in regards to the interview and the TIME? If possible you can reschedule. Best of luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by babajeje123(m): 7:28pm On Jan 27, 2021
bluehorizo:

Stay calm. Have you emailed them in regards to the interview and the TIME? If possible you can reschedule. Best of luck.
I replied the interview mail and explained what happened to them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gbolly101: 7:43pm On Jan 27, 2021
Quick question pls , I submitted my biometrics(priority) on Monday ( two days ago ) and I can’t take my mind off it.... what do you do to kill time or to think about something else?��
Help a bro pls

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ayo21Bami: 7:43pm On Jan 27, 2021
Thank you.

JDQueen:

- It depends on the session (proposed start Date) you are applying for. Between 6-8weeks if they don't have loads of application on their desk.
- No interview is required.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gbolly101: 7:44pm On Jan 27, 2021
University of Sunderland �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by asusfanatic: 8:08pm On Jan 27, 2021
Gbolly101:
University of Sunderland �

I'm going to Sunderland too. Did biometrics on Tuesday. You are not alone on the anxiety oo, butclasses have started so I guess we should try and study

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mustiekay(m): 8:13pm On Jan 27, 2021
[quote author=Gbolly101 post=98501548]Quick question pls , I submitted my biometrics(priority) on Monday ( two days ago ) and I can’t take my mind off it.... what do you do to kill time or to think about something else?��
Help a bro pls

Study d word of God!

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.