Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1309843 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Preeskaar: 12:09am On Apr 14, 2021
Its actually 12707 pounds except you have scholarship or discount.

Nnefab:
The only expense before the visa and CAS application is the 4k deposit. After which you will show POF 10707 pounds which is about 5.8m today using oanda currency converter

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Theflint1(m): 12:11am On Apr 14, 2021
Hello, please have some things I need to be clarified on, and would appreciate your help on it.

Working on a tier 2 VISA for a sibling who's a medical laboratory scientist with like 8 years of experience. While I was going through the Guidance for International Applicants on HCPC, I discovered that the registration cycle for biomedical scientists is biennial (1 December - November 30). Please what exactly does this mean? I plan to process the application this year, from now if possible...can I proceed with it?

omopapa:
The training is only 4-5 weeks and can be selected days in the week while the voluntary can be a 9-5 thing or selected hours as agreed with the lab.

Yes can be done simultaneously since it’s going to be online or by attendance depends on what u choose

https://labmedexpert.com/training/individual-training

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by kams19(m): 12:39am On Apr 14, 2021
Nnefab:
The only expense before the visa and CAS application is the 4k deposit. After which you will show POF 10707 pounds which is about 5.8m today using oanda currency converter

for 2yrs msc you'll have to pay for is it IHS or so 1175 pounds, do TB and other tests , then book ticket
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by haywhy17(m): 3:45am On Apr 14, 2021
kams19:
Those going to Teeside University, it means we will spend at least 3million naira all together before visa application.
that's checking Everything required plus £4k deposit.

At least N3.5m

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by NubianQueen87: 4:41am On Apr 14, 2021
Thank you so much. I will appreciate it.

Jaylap:
No worries! I can connect your sister with my apartment agent in Aberdeen when it is time.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Jaylap: 4:45am On Apr 14, 2021
You welcome
NubianQueen87:
Thank you so much. I will appreciate it.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by omopapa: 4:52am On Apr 14, 2021
Yes pls

Theflint1:
Hello, good evening, please can I send a DM?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by omopapa: 4:55am On Apr 14, 2021
The registration cycle basically mean that there’s a fee to be paid yearly so 1 Dec till Nov 30 is the calendar year they use. Also, they check for competencies at random by asking for some registrants to submit evidence of CPD.

Yes u can proceed

Theflint1:
Hello, please have some things I need to be clarified on, and would appreciate your help on it.

Working on a tier 2 VISA for a sibling who's a medical laboratory scientist with like 8 years of experience. While I was going through the Guidance for International Applicants on HCPC, I discovered that the registration cycle for biomedical scientists is biennial (1 December - November 30). Please what exactly does this mean? I plan to process the application this year, from now if possible...can I proceed with it?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Wonder20: 6:49am On Apr 14, 2021
Please I'm new here. Can someone who just got conditional offer to study MSc Adult Nursing in Hertfordshire or Plymouth help me out with detail experience?
Liddy:

University of Plymouth, University of Derby, Manchester Metropolitan University, Northumbria University, Sheffield Hallam University, University of Chester, University of Central Lancashire, Bournemouth University, University of East of Anglia, Glasgow Caledonian University. Do your research and find your best suit/bet
Regards.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Rappen: 6:50am On Apr 14, 2021
Teesside university answer somebody naaa

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nnefab: 7:08am On Apr 14, 2021
Preeskaar:
Its actually 12707 pounds except you have scholarship or discount.

Oh, I have a discount of 2k. My assumption is that the discount applies to everyone.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nnefab: 7:11am On Apr 14, 2021
kams19:

for 2yrs msc you'll have to pay for is it IHS or so 1175 pounds, do TB and other tests , then book ticket
I understand this aspect. Should have stated that my estimate excludes miscellaneous expenses like the IHS, visa fee and tb test. The ticket booking is after the whole application thingy.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by sudemba: 7:15am On Apr 14, 2021
good morning house. i am new here and i am really lost. i have been reading all your questions and contributions here. i graduated wit a 2:2 the issue is that i have a pass in english in my waec ,is it possible to get admission with a pass in english? i hve a Bsc in accounting,is it possible to go for masters in social work? please i need your help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by OtunOba15(m): 7:20am On Apr 14, 2021
Kindly check your mail

sharietayo:
Mine took about 30mins instead of the planned 10mins said. Be very certain and specific of the answers you give. if you state figures be very sure of the numbers. know the closest airport, the distance of the airport to the school, your fees and living allowance for a year and monthly. be precise and personal about your future plans after studies and career prospect and how much you would likely earn for a known job position you would want.
You might be asked about your sponsors place of work and how much is earned by the person and you if you are working.
Know important facts about the city of Sheffield and the university. I wish you best of luck

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nnefab: 7:26am On Apr 14, 2021
Rappen:
Why are you stressing yourself? Did you go through last year's admission thread? I will advise you go through it and to have an insight into how the admission process was and how long it took the school to respond to applicants
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Hinxx: 8:10am On Apr 14, 2021
Nnefab:
Why are you stressing yourself? Did you go through last year's admission thread? I will advise you go through it and to have an insight into how the admission process was and how long it took the school to respond to applicants

Teesside is very very terrible with correspondence, I had to back out of their offer after I needed a urgent response and it wasn’t answered for 3 weeks after two reminders. Then I got a better offer in another school. The fact that the school seems cheap makes them have loads of students thereby making their correspondence poor due to traffic and this is a peak period for them.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Oshay53: 8:14am On Apr 14, 2021
Somebody, please help.

Oshay53:
Good evening,

Please, I need help in ranking these schools in order of student (part time) job proximity and affordability in regards to the standards of living.

1. SCHOOL: TEESSIDE UNIVERSITY
2. SCHOOL: GREENWICH UNIVERSITY
3. SCHOOL: UWE BRISTOL
4. SCHOOL: SHEFFIELD HALLAM UNIVERSITY

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by sudemba: 8:17am On Apr 14, 2021
good morning. if you dont mind,please can i Dm you. i have some thing to ask you.

hosey:

Lol. No mind them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AdornedbyDebz(f): 8:34am On Apr 14, 2021
Rappen:

I think I might have to call them at this point.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Phatkings: 8:36am On Apr 14, 2021
Oshay53:
Somebody, please help.

University of Greenwich is in London, London isn't cheap but they are student jobs with a lot of competition...

University of West England is in Bristol.. Bristol is considerably average in terms of living expenses for part time jobs well Bristol is a major city in uk so they should be part time jobs same goes with SHEFFIELD..

FOR TESSIDE IT'S CHEAP

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by sudemba: 8:38am On Apr 14, 2021
please have any one here used an english proficiency letter to apply for masters?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by akanniade10(m): 8:54am On Apr 14, 2021
oge18:
Mine has been settled I called and also sent a mail then my offer letter was sent. Also got a discount of 3k which is applicable to Nigerians and automatic

Please which number did you call? I sent a mail since Monday, but no response. I think the way forward is calling them.

I need them to send me an offer letter sharply so that I can push on with the admission process. The mail I got 3days ago was “congratulations on your offer, your letter would be sent in the coming days”....

Uni of Salford....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nnefab: 8:56am On Apr 14, 2021
Hinxx:

Teesside is very very terrible with correspondence, I had to back out of their offer after I needed a urgent response and it wasn’t answered for 3 weeks after two reminders. Then I got a better offer in another school. The fact that the school seems cheap makes them have loads of students thereby making their correspondence poor due to traffic and this is a peak period for them.
Seems Cheap? That school is not cheap, they just have flexible payment options compared to most schools in the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Oshay53: 9:06am On Apr 14, 2021
Phatkings:

University of Greenwich is in London, London isn't cheap but they are student jobs with a lot of competition...

University of West England is in Bristol.. Bristol is considerably average in terms of living expenses for part time jobs well Bristol is a major city in uk so they should be part time jobs same goes with SHEFFIELD..

FOR TESSIDE IT'S CHEAP

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Omalichachi: 9:10am On Apr 14, 2021
Good morning, please what card can I use to pay for the two covid tests I would take upon arrival to the UK? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by jefferson2019: 12:53pm On Apr 14, 2021
Good Afternoon My people!

Please has anyone done an interview with Birmingham City University for MSc Programme?

I need assistance regarding possible questions and answers.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Deboolu: 12:53pm On Apr 14, 2021
I must appreciate all you wonderful people on this platform. I have a question will be happy if I can get a straight 4ward answer:

It is possible for dependants to travel to the UK few months after the main applicant has traveled? (After applying for the Visa as a family)
@justwise, @omopapa, @lagosismyhome.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Liddy: 1:07pm On Apr 14, 2021
sudemba:
good morning house. i am new here and i am really lost. i have been reading all your questions and contributions here. i graduated wit a 2:2 the issue is that i have a pass in english in my waec ,is it possible to get admission with a pass in english? i hve a Bsc in accounting,is it possible to go for masters in social work? please i need your help

Start preparing to write IELTS because most schools accept between C4 and C6.
Then you can do social work if you have a strong personal statement to relate your previous study to the social work. Also ensure to get an experience in it whether as a volunteer or paid work as this will back it up. I hope this helps.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by sudemba: 1:42pm On Apr 14, 2021
thank you for your reply.please can i mail you privately?

Liddy:

Start preparing to write IELTS because most schools accept between C4 and C6.
Then you can do social work if you have a strong personal statement to relate your previous study to the social work. Also ensure to get an experience in it whether as a volunteer or paid work as this will back it up. I hope this helps.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AltCtrlDel: 1:51pm On Apr 14, 2021
sudemba:

Yes you can. 'had 2.2 in accounting too but distinction in English.

More importantly, you need to be fast , most schools have closed admission for Sept 21 and January, 22 social work intakes

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.