Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (876) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1314365 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Angelswt(f): 4:18pm On Aug 19, 2021
Gracegal:
VISA ALERT!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Zimzee: 4:20pm On Aug 19, 2021
Visa Alert �����

My Jesus did it.

Priority Tls ikeja

Submission 9th Aug 2021
Biometrics. 10th Aug 2021
Collection mail 18th Aug 2021
Collection 19th Aug 2021

Huddersfield here I come

Thanks to everyone for your support.
Nairaland is a sure plug.

32 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by akinezzy(m): 4:24pm On Aug 19, 2021
Zimzee:
Visa Alert �����

My Jesus did it.

Priority Tls ikeja

Submission 9th Aug 2021
Collection 19th Aug 2021

Huddersfield here I come

Congratulations

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nxt101: 4:24pm On Aug 19, 2021
Send a paid mail to know whatsup .

Ella15:
How far?? Any update, Standard application peeps?
I’m tired of waiting. Did my biometrics on the 28th July at TLS Ikeja. Today is the 16th working day. Got a not straightforward mail on Sunday, 15th August though.
How long do I have to wait cry cry

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by emmynent(m): 4:27pm On Aug 19, 2021
hello house.
I opened a GTbank domiciliary account which I have funded and I have gotten the dollar card but I'm having difficulties in transferring to the card as All the instructions I saw online was to transfer from from the domiciliary account to the dollar card account using own transfer but I didn't see the card options or the card details when clicking the account to transfer to.
PS: I activated the card b4 leaving the banking hall.
Kindly help. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Angelswt(f): 4:28pm On Aug 19, 2021
Chiderahauxin:
Please I have a question.. considering most msc in UK is 1yr.. do you still get 2 yrs post study Or is it for the 2yrs msc.. pls answer

Hi,

Post Study Visa is is for all that have recently, successfully completed their study in the UK:

Undergraduate
Masters(1 year Masters/2 year Masters)
PHD

So yes to your question.
You still get a post study visa even if you do a 2 years Masters course.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Angelswt(f): 4:28pm On Aug 19, 2021
Zimzee:
Visa Alert �����

My Jesus did it.

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Sammybliss23(m): 4:33pm On Aug 19, 2021
shadlyblinks:

Wow. I did on August 4th(standard), yet to get any email. I guess it's longer than 15 working days because of the non straight forward mail you got. Just be positive, they will revert soon.
Please who else did standard at TLs Ikeja? Let's know the date they are giving now.

This standard is something else. I did biometric on 2 Aug (dependant though). Still at dmc, I didn't receive not straight forward mail. Let's keep hoping for positive outcome✌️✌️�
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ezeonlinebiz(m): 4:38pm On Aug 19, 2021
Good day guys. My friends wife during her visa application mistakenly put single while she is married. In that note she did not upload her marriage certificate. Now her visa is out. Will it be possible for the husband to join her with the baby?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Angelswt(f): 4:38pm On Aug 19, 2021
mayo47:
VISA ALERT! VISA ALERT!! VISA ALERT!!!

DESTINATION: Manchester Metropolitan Uni

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by HardestyAugust: 4:39pm On Aug 19, 2021
Zimzee:
Visa Alert �����

My Jesus did it.

Priority Tls ikeja

Submission 9th Aug 2021
Collection 19th Aug 2021

Huddersfield here I come

Congratulations ��

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Egocen: 4:40pm On Aug 19, 2021
sounds like bad news to me

I really want that placement

DOK987:
Some schools will state the course as 2 years with placement from scratch and give you 2 years , some other schools (which your school is part of) will only give you 1 year visa and tell you that if you can secure a placement for the second year then they will give you extension letter to give ukvi, however it is very difficult (but not impossible) to extend the student visa while in the uk. So i advice you start looking at the possibility that you are doing a 1 year course and if you really want to do placement then start applying right now ( yes you can start now ) to try secure a placement and have enough time to apply for visa extension before the 1 year is up.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Egocen: 4:43pm On Aug 19, 2021
Thanks for taking out time to reply me on this

Does this mean I apply for jobs normally on Linkedin then use that as placement?

Angelswt:

Hi,
I may not be in a position to advise you on this, as I am yet to do a placement (I'm resuming this September).
However, my advice is on what I know for now.

Most Masters courses in the UK are usually 1 year, however there are some courses that comes with the option of placement (1 year extra) if you decide to choose a course with placement (the placement year isn't compulsory though) that will be making it a two year course. That is, 1 year studies (lectures etc) and the other year placement ( on field, organisation etc, depending on your course).

In the event, that you are unable to get a place to do your placement, this is usually not an issue.

The school will notify UKBI (I don't know if I'm right with the name though) to notify them that your course is now for a year, so your study visa will be adjusted accordingly.

As advised earlier based on the information I gathered on YouTube, it is true that placement may be hard to find but if you start applying on time, the better.

like 6 months before your placement start date to big companies and 2 to 1 month before the placement start date for small companies/organisations.

You have to check with your school to advise you, to be sure the company/organisation you choose is acceptable...

The school usually support/guide students through CV writing, interview process etc.

In summary people still get placement.
It is important to start on time and not wait till about the end of your course.

If you are not able to get a placement year or you decide not to go with the placement year, there is absolutely no need to worry.

After successfully completing your course, you can apply for the graduate route visa, the PSW (Post study Work Visa) its for 2 years.

I hope this helped a bit.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Vecharry(m): 4:48pm On Aug 19, 2021
OladipupoIyowun:

Just first page is enough

Will you submit this during biometrics?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by HardestyAugust: 4:52pm On Aug 19, 2021
Hi guys please who else is waiting for ATAS certificate?

I applied since on the 21st of July. It will be exactly 1 month in 2 days time. I'm a little bit anxious because I have made a non refundable payment to the school already. Also, resumption is September 20 and I know how it can be to get the whole visa application process done. Any Advice/ suggestions are welcome. Thanks

Guys, always find out if your course requires an ATAS certificate if you're trying to school in the UK. It helps to apply ahead of time and saves you the stress. I think you can google the CAH3 code and then proceed accordingly.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Vecharry(m): 4:52pm On Aug 19, 2021
What's the mail about

Ella15:
How far?? Any update, Standard application peeps?
I’m tired of waiting. Did my biometrics on the 28th July at TLS Ikeja. Today is the 16th working day. Got a not straightforward mail on Sunday, 15th August though.
How long do I have to wait cry cry

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Vecharry(m): 4:52pm On Aug 19, 2021
emmynent:
hello house.
I opened a GTbank domiciliary account which I have funded and I have gotten the dollar card but I'm having difficulties in transferring to the card as All the instructions I saw online was to transfer from from the domiciliary account to the dollar card account using own transfer but I didn't see the card options or the card details when clicking the account to transfer to.
Kindly help. Thanks

Have u sorted it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Angelswt(f): 4:53pm On Aug 19, 2021
Egocen:
Thanks for taking out time to reply me on this

Does this mean I apply for jobs normally on Linkedin then use that as placement?

You are welcome.

From what I have learnt, you can get placement opportunities from sites like LinkedIn etc.

But what I am not sure of is, if placement are advertised or specified on the vacancies.

My advise is,

When you see a an opening in an organisation you would like to do your placement, (either they specify placement or not) apply but don't forget to let them know you are opting for a placement year and that you are a student.

Calling the company or emailing them to follow up may also help.

The more reason we start on time, so that adjustments can me made if necessary.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by charloski(m): 4:55pm On Aug 19, 2021
Mehn, whats happineing...

I and my wife did our biometrics Priority Tls abuja on the 29th of July.....
got non-straight forward mail on the 3rd of Aug ,

Did paid call and paid mail...

Only for them to reply, that we should wait for another 15 working days....

This is really frustrating
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by okehsmiley: 4:55pm On Aug 19, 2021
Congratulations my guy!

kayalade123:
VISA ALERT! VISA ALERT!! VISA ALERT!!!

APPLICATION TYPE: Priority
BIOMETRICS: 9th August
TRANSFERED TO DMC: 9th August
TRANSFERED TO VAC: 19th August
RECEIVED BY VAC: 19th August
Collection/ pick up: 19th August

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by PointBlank13(m): 4:55pm On Aug 19, 2021
emmynent:
hello house.
Kindly help. Thanks
Pls can someone answer this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Samadhii(m): 4:57pm On Aug 19, 2021
Fk1987:

I printed the statement of account from 19th july to 19th August On 19th 4921000 was credited to make it up to 9921000 which is far much beyond the required proof of funds or should I print 20th to 19th cos 20th the balance is 10921000.

Pls ur opinions.
Thanks
What is the required POF?

Print 20th July to 19th August
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Fk1987: 5:00pm On Aug 19, 2021
Samadhii:

What is the required POF?

Print 20th July to 19th July
Thanks, The required pof is 8,916,400.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Egocen: 5:03pm On Aug 19, 2021
Thank you so much
I really appreciate

Angelswt:

You are welcome.

From what I have learnt, you can get placement opportunities from sites like LinkedIn etc.

But what I am not sure of is, if placement are advertised or specified on the vacancies.

My advise is,

When you see a an opening in an organisation you would like to do your placement, (either they specify placement or not) apply but don't forget to let them know you are opting for a placement year and that you are a student.

Calling the company or emailing them to follow up may also help.

The more reason we start on time, so that adjustments can me made if necessary.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Samadhii(m): 5:04pm On Aug 19, 2021
Fk1987:
The required pof is 8,916,400.
Print 20th July to 19th August
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ariyike23(f): 5:04pm On Aug 19, 2021
MsMo:
Hi Ariyike, i tried to send you a pm but i keep getting an error. I am also going to essex. I can see that you are ahead in your application. Please cn you send me a message so i can connect with you.

Sure . I just did
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ariyike23(f): 5:06pm On Aug 19, 2021
MsMo:
Hi Ariyike, i tried to send you a pm but i keep getting an error. I am also going to essex. I can see that you are ahead in your application. Please cn you send me a message so i can connect with you.

Let me know if you got my mail ..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by emmynent(m): 5:07pm On Aug 19, 2021
No.
Vecharry:

Have u sorted it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by captainhoo: 5:08pm On Aug 19, 2021
HardestyAugust:
Hi guys please who else is waiting for ATAS certificate?

I applied since on the 21st of July. It will be exactly 1 month in 2 days time. I'm a little bit anxious because I have made a non refundable payment to the school already. Also, resumption is September 20 and I know how it can be to get the whole visa application process done. Any Advice/ suggestions are welcome. Thanks

Guys, always find out if your course requires an ATAS certificate if you're trying to school in the UK. It helps to apply ahead of time and saves you the stress. I think you can google the CAH3 code and then proceed accordingly.

Send them a message to remind them, they will update you on your application if and only if your application has passed the 20 working days rule(see their website for more info)

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by casper12345: 5:12pm On Aug 19, 2021
Hi,

Please is there any female student coming to Edinburgh this September. I am searching for a flat mate

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Sysco600: 5:12pm On Aug 19, 2021
Zimzee:
Visa Alert �����

My Jesus did it.

Priority Tls ikeja

Submission 9th Aug 2021
Collection 19th Aug 2021

Huddersfield here I come

Can I PM you

We going Same school bruh

My mail Divinehulk@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Babababy(m): 5:15pm On Aug 19, 2021
emmynent:
hello house.
Kindly help. Thanks

Its easier with the mobile app, once you log in you should see the number of accounts you have at the top right corner. Eg if you have a current before the Dom account ,then you should see acc 1 of 3 at the top right .

scroll left and it should display the other two accounts , first one should be the current Dom and third should be Master card debit card account. If you have all three then you can click on the transfer option and choose transfer to own account. If you dont have the three ,then you need to call customer service

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.