Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,543 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? (4476 Views)

Nigerian Man Flies His Mother To US, She Sheds Tears Of Joy, Refuses To Sleep / "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story / My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 26, 2020
DesChyko:

I'ld want to think the highest is you working and she eventually subtracting it come month end.

I feel so too.

1 Like

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 26, 2020
Uyi168:

Na lack of sense dey worry u.
Must u call her and tell her about it??

How do i lack sense here? Someone called me and said to let her know if I receive anything from FG ( for something she did for me ) and the very next day i got a message; you said I should not call her? I can't do that to her
She put me on the payroll therefore I can't hide anything from her. That's not my make-up.

2 Likes

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by 400billionman: 9:22am On Dec 26, 2020
She even added 4 members of her family.

That's N120k monthly.

Uwa..
Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by 400billionman: 9:23am On Dec 26, 2020
CalliDora1:

I feel so too.

Find another work o.
Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 26, 2020
400billionman:

There is no way you can receive N30k from government and give her N15k.

The N5k a month is just a gentleman agreement, possibly UNWRITTEN, I will ask you to standby that.

So if government keeps assisting you for up to 4 months, by the 4th month, give her 5k. You can also encourage other teachers to assist her.

Nah she include their names.

I've already given her 15k and that covers for the three months.

The other 5k I spoke about is another thing she tried forcing on me. When we resumed, she called me and said due to the effect of lockdown and some setbacks, how much am I willing to remove for her from my salary as she can't pay me full salary this term. I told her, Ma, since march I've not received any pay and now you want me to cut the salary for you again that I can't. Besides the pupils paid full school fees. She then said, even if it 5k, I should remove for her but when she saw I wasn't down with it, she said I should not worry.

Now, with all this grant brouhaha, she brought up the issue again and said I must pay her that because the computer teacher gave her discount. I had to text her yesterday telling her not to compare me to the computer teacher because our terms and working conditions on the appointment are different. besides I've been with her for three years while the computer guy only started early this year. Anyways I said if its the 5k discount that will cause problems, I'll pay her.

She now sent a text this morning that her son made a mistake with the account he sent. That I shouldn't bother sending any money there. And she ended by saying, thanks for everything. Huh?

1 Like

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 9:35am On Dec 26, 2020
Stand your ground and don't pay her what she's requesting. When it comes to agreement/payment, I usually record conversations to avoid stories that touch.

1 Like

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 26, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:
Stand your ground and don't pay her what she's requesting. When it comes to agreement/payment, I usually record conversations to avoid stories that touch.

My dear, I never knew she would change like this na. Anyways I've learnt now.

Thanks.
Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 26, 2020
400billionman:

Find another work o.

Im not a full-timer with her o. I have other schools. so I'm not out of job by the grace of God.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Uyi168: 10:23am On Dec 26, 2020
CalliDora1:

How do i lack sense here? Someone called me and said to let her know if I receive anything from FG ( for something she did for me ) and the very next day i got a message; you said I should not call her? I can't do that to her
She put me on the payroll therefore I can't hide anything from her. That's not my make-up.

Kk
Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by TruthSeeker1: 12:34pm On Dec 26, 2020
CalliDora1

Please note: The grant from the FG is actually meant to assist the OWNERS of businesses and not the WORKERS . This is done by helping proprietors (in the case of schools) pay salaries of their staff for a number of months. In other words, when FG sends you money, you are not entitled to a second salary (unless the amount you're sent is less than your salary, in which case you will collect just the balance). The proprietor should have made you understand this before hand.
My questions:
*It seems the person you are having issue with is the HM and not the proprietor. If that's the case, then is the proprietor aware of what's going on regarding the grant?
*Was anyone else present when you and the HM made the agreement on 5K? Also were you and the HM aware of the amount FG would be paying monthly as at the time you reached the 5K agreement?
If you weren't aware of the actual amount that would be paid by FG, then it doesn't make sense that you guys agreed on a particular amount. Agreeing on a sharing ratio/percentage would have made more sense!
Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 26, 2020
author=TruthSeeker1 post=97441045]CalliDora1

Please note: The grant from the FG is actually meant to assist the OWNERS of businesses and not the WORKERS . This is done by helping proprietors (in the case of schools) pay salaries of their staff for a number of months. In other words, when FG sends you money, you are not entitled to a second salary (unless the amount you're sent is less than your salary, in which case you will collect just the balance). The proprietor should have made you understand this before hand.
My questions:
It seems the person you are having issue with is the HM and not the proprietor. If that's the case, then is the proprietor aware of what's going on regarding the grant?
She's the HM and also the proprietress..

Was anyone else present when you and the HM made the agreement on 5K? Also were you and the HM aware of the amount FG would be paying monthly as at the time you reached the 5K agreement?
Nope. It was only the both of us.

If you weren't aware of the actual amount that would be paid by FG, then it doesn't make sense that you guys agreed on a particular amount. Agreeing on a sharing ratio/percentage would have made more sense!

We were both aware that FG will be paying 30k according to the terms and conditions on the form.
She told me specifically that I'll give her 5k on each grant monthly and I said yes. She never told me it's a substitute for salaries and that's not what the fund says. Besides she didn't complete my salary for this term.
Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by NoToPile: 12:54pm On Dec 26, 2020
TruthSeeker1:
CalliDora1

My questions:
*It seems the person you are having issue with is the HM and not the proprietor. If that's the case, then is the proprietor aware of what's going on regarding the grant?
*Was anyone else present when you and the HM made the agreement on 5K? Also were you and the HM aware of the amount FG would be paying monthly as at the time you reached the 5K agreement?

The fact that the HM stated she would give her a cut of the grant the FG paid shows she is greedy,

Is that not the purpose of the fund? To ease the burden of the owners of the business, is paying the salary of the staff not assisting the owner? the burden is eased you still want to chop on top.

I am extremely vexed,To get it right in this country is a hard thing. Greed will push some people to a place they can never return from
Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 26, 2020
NoToPile:

The fact that the HM stated she would give her a cut of the grant the FG paid shows she is greedy,

Is that not the purpose of the fund? To ease the burden of the owners of the business, is paying the salary of the staff not assisting the owner? the burden is eased you still want to chop on top.

I am extremely vexed,To get it right in this country is a hard thing. Greed will push some people to a place they can never return from

I wonder why he's asking me this kind of question.
Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by TruthSeeker1: 1:32pm On Dec 26, 2020
CalliDora1
I see the whole picture now.
If the HM you're talking about is the proprietress of the school, then all the money FG has sent you is actually her money. The idea of the grant is to assist business owners in paying salaries because of the harsh effect covid-19 has (and is having) on many businesses, so that workers do not suffer as a consequence. If she pays you your salary in addition to the money you receive from FG, then she is giving away the benefit meant for her. You're lucky that your boss is ignorant of this fact.
She must have realized later that the 5K she agreed to collect out of the 30K is ridiculously small, which is why she's now insisting on collecting 50% of the money.
My advice for you:
First understand the fact that ALL the money in question is indirectly her money(NOT YOURS). That is to say, she is not meant to pay you any salary again as long as FG pays you ON HER BEHALF (you should thank your goodness for her ignorance!). It will only be a FAVOUR and not a RIGHT if she pays you part of your salary after you've been paid by FG. So pay her the 50% she is demanding(this is fair enough); don't allow greed and selfishness to rule your heart (you seem like a good person to me).
Just try to put yourself in her shoes and my message will make some sense to you.
Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 26, 2020
TruthSeeker1:
CalliDora1
I see the whole picture now.
If the HM you're talking about is the proprietress of the school, then all the money FG has sent you is actually her money. The idea of the grant is to assist business owners in paying salaries because of the harsh effect covid-19 has (and is having) on many businesses, so that workers do not suffer as a consequence. If she pays you your salary in addition to the money you receive from FG, then she is giving away the benefit meant for her. You're lucky that your boss is ignorant of this fact.
She must have realized later that the 5K she agreed to collect out of the 30K is ridiculously small, which is why she's now insisting on collecting 50% of the money.
My advice for you:
First understand the fact that ALL the money in question is indirectly her money(NOT YOURS). That is to say, she is not meant to pay you any salary again as long as FG pays you ON HER BEHALF (you should thank your goodness for her ignorance!). It will only be a FAVOUR and not a RIGHT if she pays you part of your salary after you've been paid by FG. So pay her the 50% she is demanding(this is fair enough); don't allow greed and selfishness to rule your heart (you seem like a good person to me).
Just try to put yourself in her shoes and my message will make some sense to you.

Hello.. what you're saying does not apply here because it was based on what she told me and the agreement we had I'm dealing with her.

Ask other schools owners here if any of them shared the money with their staff before concluding for the FG.
Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by TruthSeeker1: 2:03pm On Dec 26, 2020
NoToPile:

The problem is that the HM/proprietress didn't (and perhaps, still doesn't) understand the essence of the grant when she agreed to be collecting 5K from the OP monthly. The grant is meant to ASSIST business owners in the payment of salaries of their staff. In other words, when FG pays the staff (on the proprietress' behalf), she doesn't have to pay salary again (unless she generously CHOOSES to do so according to her discretion). The OP wants to be collecting both FG grant and salary together (this is contrary to the idea behind the grant).
If the proprietress understood the purpose of the grant, she would have allowed each teacher have all the grant sent to them (even if it's more than their normal salary), and also stopped paying their salary (since FG has done that for her).
Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by TruthSeeker1: 2:15pm On Dec 26, 2020
CalliDora1:

Hello.. what you're saying does not apply here because it was based on what she told me and the agreement we had I'm dealing with her.

Ask other schools owners here if any of them shared the money worth thier staff before concluding for the FG.

I'm just telling you the facts of the matter that both you and the proprietress are ignorant of. The proprietress could only have made that ridiculous agreement with you out of ignorance. If you're not greedy and selfish, you shouldn't have any problem sharing 50% of the money with her (provided she is not owing you any salary). THE GRANT IS MEANT TO ASSIST HER IN PAYING YOUR SALARY. IT IS NOT AN EXTRA SALARY!

1 Like

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by NoToPile: 2:24pm On Dec 26, 2020
TruthSeeker1:

The problem is that the HM/proprietress didn't (and perhaps, still doesn't) understand the essence of the grant when she agreed to be collecting 5K from the OP monthly. The grant is meant to ASSIST business owners in the payment of salaries of their staff. In other words, when FG pays the staff (on the proprietress' behalf), she doesn't have to pay salary again (unless she generously CHOOSES to do so according to her discretion). The OP wants to be collecting both FG grant and salary together (this is contrary to the idea behind the grant).
If the proprietress understood the purpose of the grant, she would have allowed each teacher have all the grant sent to them (even if it's more than their normal salary), and also stopped paying their salary (since FG has done that for her).

The Op never said anything about her main salary, she only said she was owed 15k before

Callidora is the madam also paying your salary in addition to the grant? I think the grant is for 3 months.

Now if she is the proper thing is to allow the FG pay the salaries for the no of months and continue paying after the grant ends, thats why they paid it to the workers directly, they could as well have given the owners of the businesses she is not supposed to ask for a cut in any form.

Her ignorance is not the basis of her action, greed is and its the same reason why she doesn't even know what's proper. cheesy. The people that should have enlightened her(if they are even aware) are the same people she demanded a cut from.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 26, 2020
NoToPile:

The Op never said anything about her main salary, she only said she was owed 15k before

Callidora is the madam also paying your salary in addition to the grant? I think the grant is for 3 months.

Now if she is the proper thing is to allow the FG pay the salaries for the no of months and continue paying after the grant ends, thats why they paid it to the workers directly, they could as well have given the owners of the businesses she is not supposed to ask for a cut in any form.

Her ignorance is not the basis of her action, greed is and its the same reason why she doesn't even know what's proper. cheesy. The people that should have enlightened her(if they are even aware) are the same people she demanded a cut from.

She pays all her full time Teachers for four months I'm a term and only deducts the 5k on each month since they refused to give her the agreed cut from their grant. According to one of the teachers they have not even completed the "cut" payment because shes doing 5k monthly unlike mine that she seized the whole 15 at once. So this Nov salary she'll still deduct another 5k from their salary and Dec

As for me, she only paid for two months. she doesn't even pay me for 4 months. only 3 months but now, out of the three months, she only paid two of which I still gave her 15k. So am I going to give her the cut and still not be entitled to salary? That guy is just confusing himself.

Let all the school owners come out speak o.

Thank you bro.
Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by NoToPile: 2:54pm On Dec 26, 2020
CalliDora1:

She pays all her full time Teachers for four months I'm a term and only deducts the 5k on each month since they refused to give her the agreed cut from their grant. According to one of the teachers they have not even completed the "cut" payment because shes doing 5k monthly unlike mine that she seized the whole 15 at once. So this Nov salary she'll still deduct another 5k from their salary and Dec

As for me, she only paid for two months. she doesn't even pay me for 4 months. only 3 months but now, out of the three months, she only paid two of which I still gave her 15k. So am I going to give her the cut and still not be entitled to salary? That guy is just confusing himself.

Let all the school owners come out speak o.

Thank you bro.

Woo it is well.

1 Like

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Kokoboss: 4:22pm On Dec 26, 2020
It's only God that gives joy madam, God will not allow anyone to spoil your joy..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 26, 2020
Kokoboss:
It's only God that gives joy madam, God will not allow anyone to spoil your joy..

Amen.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by murphyrichy(m): 9:58pm On Dec 26, 2020
CalliDora1:

Since she was the one who filled the form and already knows the terms and conditions, are you sure she'll buy that trick?

Whc city do you live in?
Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by RedPhoenix: 4:49pm On Jan 01, 2021
CalliDora1:
Long post alert!

Please bear.

Dring the lockdown ( around May), I saw the news about FG grant on nairaland here. so I called the HM of one of my schools that we are very close ( she's just like a mother to me) and told her about it. she said she's not heard or seen anything like that. I then told her to be on the lookout and just in case, she should remember me. She said ok.

Around September, towards resumption, she called and said she and the husband discovered the FG fund and asked me to come around let's talk. I got to school and she said we are going to have an agreement that for each month I get the grant I'm going to give her 5k, to which I agreed. So she took my details and got me registered. She also did same to all the other teachers both visiting and full-timers.

so last month, immediately I got the alert, I called her to send her account so I can send the 5k for that month, she said to hold on. That we'll discuss when we see. I got to school and she told me since she's still owing me 15k Bal from my salary ( she already paid most part of it during mid-term) that I should use her own cut (15k) to cover my balance so she won't be paying me again till next year. I said ok. So i didn't get my bal as she made me pay it at once but I didn't feel it because i have other schools.

Unfortunately, of all the people she registered, she was the only one who didn't get the grant. I wasn't happy. sincerely I felt for her.

She called me last night and asked if I got a message from FG., I said no.
So this morning, after church, I received an alert for November and called her immediately that I've received the stuff. She now said she's going to send her account that I should send 15k. Huh?? I asked what of the one I paid you with my salary bal? This woman changed and started yelling over the phone that what we agreed was 50-50 bla bla bla that I should send it.

I told her we never agreed 50-50 and I've paid my own part from my balance with her. She started bringing up another issue that she told me to remove 5k for her from what she's paying me initially because of the lockdown and all that. That I have to pay that. I said ok.

This night she texted me and said I should send her the 50-50 agreement. I called her she picked but didn't allow me to talk as she kept on talking and later cut the call. I tried calling her back but she didn't pick so I texted her that what I'm owing her is only 5k . As for the grant, I've done my part.

Am I being insensitive? I mean the other teachers complained that they were not going to give her anything. That she's a greedy woman but I was even calming them down that they should give her since it's an agreement. They didn't give her. she had to forcefully deduct it from their lesson money.

Since morning, I've not been happy. Even when I went out to give myself a treat, I didn't really have fun.

Human beings are amazing. Mehnn...

Human beings. How predictable
Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 01, 2021
RedPhoenix:

Human beings. How predictable

I'm telling you.
Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Powerexpert: 9:28pm On Jan 05, 2021
How many staff do you have in the school?
Kindly note that the admittable staff on the platform is 10.

Though you stated that 4 of her family members are there which I believe would be hearsay as you did not have access to the platform. If you are more than 10 under her, then you should also reason from her angle. I.e 15staffs with an admissible 10, what happens to the 5?

The fact that you informed her of the grant which was not validated as at that time from her end did not mean that you were the one that spurred her to register on the platform.

Your salary will determine how you relate with her. From both angles, you both have reasons for the agreement but events might have overtaken it.

Your option is to reason with her or move to another school.
Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 05, 2021
Powerexpert:
How many staff do you have in the school?
Kindly note that the admittable staff on the platform is 10.

Though you stated that 4 of her family members are there which I believe would be hearsay as you did not have access to the platform. If you are more than 10 under her, then you should also reason from her angle. I.e 15staffs with an admissible 10, what happens to the 5?

The fact that you informed her of the grant which was not validated as at that time from her end did not mean that you were the one that spurred her to register on the platform.

Your salary will determine how you relate with her. From both angles, you both have reasons for the agreement but events might have overtaken it.

Your option is to reason with her or move to another school.

I got to know from one of the teachers that she registered her family members.

The teachers are not up to ten but with me and two other partimers, we are 8.

Well.. I later told her to send her account let me give her the 15k so I can have some peace, she said I shouldn't bother again. So, I let her be.
Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Powerexpert: 10:20am On Jan 06, 2021
CalliDora1:

I got to know from one of the teachers that she registered her family members.

The teachers are not up to ten but with me and two other partimers, we are 8.

Well.. I later told her to send her account let me give her the 15k so I can have some peace, she said I shouldn't bother again. So, I let her be.

Noted but start looking for options.
Na trap she go set for you going forward.
Liase with parents and see if you can be teaching their wards.
Check for online trainers that can link you with client to teach their wards.
Print fliers and start distributing around detailing what you offer.
Observe what is missing in your area and connect the dots.
You have to be aggressive with this. The result might not be immediate but start somewhere.
Also brushen up your skills in areas you have strength on and you can always showcase it to your clients.
Best regards.
Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 06, 2021
Powerexpert:

Noted but start looking for options.
Na trap she go set for you going forward.
Liase with parents and see if you can be teaching their wards.
Check for online trainers that can link you with client to teach their wards.
Print fliers and start distributing around detailing what you offer.
Observe what is missing in your area and connect the dots.
You have to be aggressive with this. The result might not be immediate but start somewhere.
Also brushen up your skills in areas you have strength on and you can always showcase it to your clients.
Best regards.

I have other schools and trust God to give me a new one in place of hers if she decides otherwise.

Thank you.
I appreciate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! / What Do You Miss About Your Mum? / My 21yr Old Sister Is Sleeping With Her Friend's Husband(her Lecturer)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.