Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,184 members, 7,829,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award (29005 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins 2017 Ballon D’or; His 5th Award (Photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by TheHulk616: 9:45pm On Dec 27, 2020
theoneJabulani:
I doubt that, Messi at his peak was a thorn at the bernabue, always giving nightmares to madridstas before every clasico. If you are a Madrid fan like you claim, you would not call Messi overrated
messi is overrated.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by ThierryJay: 9:46pm On Dec 27, 2020
TheHulk616:
that is not true and that's a fact.

See link below.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globe_Soccer_Awards

I'll post the opening paragraph for you so you don't have any excuse:

"The Globe Soccer Awards, also known as the Dubai d'Ors are the annual awards given for excellence in football. Silva International Investments (owned by Portuguese international Cristiano Ronaldo)[1] and Tommaso Bendoni[2] organize the Globe Soccer Awards."

So I ask you as a rational person, if Messi organizes an award and then gives himself the award, will you recognize it as a credible award??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by Sirmuel1(m): 9:51pm On Dec 27, 2020
Dalil8:

Ode! the award is recognized by FIFA

Is that why Salah is on the list? Player of the Century? Salah? Serious Not even Drogba or Ribbery

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by ThierryJay: 9:55pm On Dec 27, 2020
theoneJabulani:
Take marca out of your arguments, since Ronaldo left Madrid, marca has actually toned down on their support of Ronaldo

Even if Marca has toned down their support, what about CR7 himself whose company organizes the Globe soccer awards?

Is that not a perpetual conflict of interest?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by theoneJabulani(m): 9:56pm On Dec 27, 2020
ThierryJay:

Even if Marca has toned down their support, what about CR7 himself whose company organizes the Globe soccer awards?

Is that not a perpetual conflict of interest?
perhaps so

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:11pm On Dec 27, 2020
stayclearofme:
What have you won in your life?
Pained pessi fan . .laughing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by DimIsaac10(m): 10:13pm On Dec 27, 2020
This Ronaldo will fit in for a politician... Invented and unrecognized award

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by WibusJaga: 10:13pm On Dec 27, 2020
The 2 she-goats grin
Like for Miss Messi, Share for Miss Ronaldo

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by DimIsaac10(m): 10:14pm On Dec 27, 2020
DimIsaac10:
This Ronaldo will fit in for a politician...
Invented and unrecognized award..
imagine Salah on century player lolz...
Not even Henry or Xabi lolz
Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by DimIsaac10(m): 10:16pm On Dec 27, 2020
DimIsaac10:
This Ronaldo will fit in for a politician...
Invented and unrecognized award..
imagine Salah on century player lolz...
Not even Henry or Xabi lolz
Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by stayclearofme: 10:16pm On Dec 27, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:
Pained pessi fan . .laughing
Pain say wetin happen? That one na award? Who knows them? Na FIFA abi na UEFA?
Award that named Salah as a century player lol... cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:21pm On Dec 27, 2020
stayclearofme:

Pain say wetin happen? That one na award? Who knows them? Na FIFA abi na UEFA?
Award that named Salah as a century player lol... cheesy cheesy
LAUGING . .e difficult to be messi fan o

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by moyosore32: 10:37pm On Dec 27, 2020
Dalil8:

Ode! the award is recognized by FIFA
recognised by FIFA for real... chai so who's Ode btw u and that other Bros now
Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by moyosore32: 10:46pm On Dec 27, 2020
stayclearofme:

So true especially Arsenal fans, they hate him with passion.

d list many pass just that Arsenal o, the hatred started from Madrid, then Chelsea, and Mandisunited, those ones even worse pass the rest, because they're Ronaldo's loyalist even tho he failed Dem when he faced Messi in the finals at old Trafford.... pique still cut their net go again

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by moyosore32: 10:48pm On Dec 27, 2020
FuckThaMod:

Yes.. Salah is arguably better than Messi.
It's only 6 balon dor that is making people respect Messi

D's Bobo obviously escaped from the left side of Yaba, oya pls read what you typed low-key and correct ursef asap
Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by moyosore32: 10:50pm On Dec 27, 2020
FuckThaMod:
Yes.. Salah is arguably better than Messi. It's only 6 balon dor that is making people respect Messi
pls change ur dealer
Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by Kellsnwa(m): 10:51pm On Dec 27, 2020
Ricardo Silva owns Silva International Investments not Ronaldo. Verify before you speak.
ThierryJay:

See link below.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globe_Soccer_Awards

I'll post the opening paragraph for you so you don't have any excuse:

"The Globe Soccer Awards, also known as the Dubai d'Ors are the annual awards given for excellence in football. Silva International Investments (owned by Portuguese international Cristiano Ronaldo)[1] and Tommaso Bendoni[2] organize the Globe Soccer Awards."

So I ask you as a rational person, if Messi organizes an award and then gives himself the award, will you recognize it as a credible award??

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by useurkidney3121: 10:54pm On Dec 27, 2020
Realtord43:
Award that lack proper recognition. grin

MESSI still the only worthy GOAT
Keep dreaming!
I'm sure u r in severe pain right now

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by Babapyro: 10:56pm On Dec 27, 2020
Oh al ahly even has higher votes than Bayern and barca,I don't need to check to know this is a stupid award
Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by Babapyro: 10:59pm On Dec 27, 2020
uncleinans:
Cristiano Ronaldo has been presented with the 'Player of the Century' award by Globe Soccer ahead of Leo Messi.

However, what the organisers won't want you to know is that the ceremony is organised by two companies closely related to Ronaldo's agent Jorge Mendes.

At this point, it shouldn't come as a surprise that Globe Soccer are biased as they've presented Cristiano with the 'Player of the Year' award six times while Messi has got only one.

Mendes, meanwhile, has won the 'Best Agent of the Year' award nine out of the possible ten times.

Like someone said.... YEYE AWARD.

Salah was even rated above Ronaldinho. Nonsense and sars award.
Lol you know Nigerian youths mumu na,they take everything hookline and sinker
Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by Babapyro: 11:01pm On Dec 27, 2020
TheHulk616:
how dare you call me a fan of that overrated messi?

I dont support trash players like messi.

I am a big fan of GOAT CRISTIANO RONALDO
Sarcasm aside, you're a retard
Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by obembet(f): 11:05pm On Dec 27, 2020
fdigital:
what messi has won many times .

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by lordprogress: 11:27pm On Dec 27, 2020
another Dubaidoo'r award I see the league sponsored by Arab money is trying to gain more recognition.
player of the century my toe angry
Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by Adek15(m): 11:34pm On Dec 27, 2020
Lamasta:
As far as this century is concerned C.Ronaldo remains the GOAT every other players are behind...

Ronaldo is the greatest football player from 2001 to 2020.
I don't understand this award. Is century not 100 years? How come 2001-2020 which is 20 years a century or an I missing something?
Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by Flows001(m): 11:39pm On Dec 27, 2020
We all know Ronaldo wouldn't hesitate to return this Dubai Award if he is offered two more Ballon d'Ors, just to surpass Messi. cheesy
Six Ballon d'Ors, Six Golden shoes for the reallllest GOAT, any other Dubai award is a counterfeit!!!

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by Flows001(m): 11:42pm On Dec 27, 2020
obembet:

Forget this crap. Ballon d'Or has been every footballer's career dream and guess who is leading.
Ballon d'Or we know and Ballon d'Or we respect, any manufactured Dubai award stay far away!! cheesy
Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by Lamasta(m): 11:49pm On Dec 27, 2020
Despite only being 20 years into the current century, Ronaldo was not the only individual to be celebrated with an award spanning across the 100-year period.

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola won the coach of the century award, following his emphatic reigns in charge of Barcelona and Bayern Munich before his move to the Premier League.

Adek15:
I don't understand this award. Is century not 100 years? How come 2001-2020 which is 20 years a century or an I missing something?
Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by FKMagazine(m): 11:53pm On Dec 27, 2020
Congrats my nigga
CR7.... Undisputed best footballer ever

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by Marine25: 11:57pm On Dec 27, 2020
obembet:
OFFICIAL: Ronaldo wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player of the Century award

Cristiano Ronaldo beats Leo Messi and Mohamed Salah to win the Globe Soccer Awards’ Player of the Century, while Bayern Munich’s Hans Flick has won the Coach of the Year award ahead of Gian Piero Gasperini.

The Juventus forward, a five-time Balon d'or winner, smiled on stage in Dubai as he was named the greatest football player from 2001 to 2020.

His latest trophy follows a successful for few weeks for the Portuguese talisman, after he was awarded the Golden Foot award, which was first introduced in 2003, for players aged 28 or above and can only be won by a recipient once in their career.

Despite only being 20 years into the current century, Ronaldo was not the only individual to be celebrated with an award spanning across the 100-year period.

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola won the coach of the century award, following his emphatic reigns in charge of Barcelona and Bayern Munich before his move to the Premier League.

Meanwhile, Ronaldo's agent Jorge Mendes picked up one of the stranger accolades of the ceremony, with the agent of the century trophy.

Ronaldo's former club Real Madrid were labelled as the club of the century, after winning five Champions League titles and seven LaLiga's during the last 20 years.

Other award winners at the ceremony included Champions League winners Bayern Munich, who won the club of the year award for 2020.

The 35-year-old Ronaldo has shown no signs of ageing after he scored a huge 44 goals for club and country in 2020.

Only Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski scored more than the former Real Madrid and Manchester United attacker.

Ronaldo's rival Lionel Messi, who was snubbed at the awards ceremony, fell short of the pair with just 26 goals for Barcelona and Argentina this year.

The Old Lady's frontman has also been making a mark on a more domestic level, after he became just the fourth player in Serie A history to score at least 33 goals in a calendar year after finding the net twice against Parma on December 19.
Ronaldo scored once in each half to see Juventus win 4-0 and move level on points with Inter and one adrift of leaders AC Milan.

Ronaldo's contribution has equalled that of former Juventus forward Omar Sivori from 1961 - who scored the joint-third most goals in a single year behind Gunnar Nordahl in 1950 and Felice Borel in 1933.

Lewandowski wins the 2020 Globe Soccer Player of the Year award

Real Madrid named Globe Soccer Club of the Century

Bayern win the 2020 Globe Soccer Club of the Year

Guardiola wins Globe Soccer Coach of the Century

Hansi Flick wins the 2020 Globe Soccer Coach of the Year

Source: https://twitter.com/Globe_Soccer/status/1343229389018955783?s=20
Hala Madrid
Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by Anfield247(m): 11:58pm On Dec 27, 2020
obembet:

Lalasticlala
Obembet, my role model!
Re: Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award by pbs4real(m): 12:07am On Dec 28, 2020
Realtord43:
Abegi, i just knew this award will be sponsor by the Arab.
that were Ronaldo do get his undeserving awards to boast his morale.

He love cheap recognition same way he love cheap glory hunt.
He is alway desperate to stay relevant reason why he buy this cheap award.

There are more deserving player that merit this award than him.

We knw our real GOAT
all this Messi fans won't let anyone hear word again..... wailing wailers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua And The Nigerian Myth / Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester / AFCON 2019: The Five “must See” Big Games Of The Group Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.