Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,643 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

Why Can't We Have Our Guns? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't We Have Our Guns? (393 Views)

Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? / Amnesty : Return Our Guns Within 21 Days Or…, Ex-militants Tell Ondo Govt / Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't We Have Our Guns? by jubilantagida: 6:15pm On Dec 27, 2020
If we aren't battling terrorists, it's banditry, kidnapping, to the extent armed robbery is now considered a lesser evil.

One thing this group of fiendish individuals have in common is their dependence on the victim's inability to defend themselves against their aggression.

The Security personnel in the country have failed time and time again to protect lives and properties of its citizens.

The Government has failed in blocking access to firearms from these criminals. "If you can't prevent criminals from getting firearms, what then is the rationale behind stopping law-abiding citizens from getting theirs?"

We need to even the scale, we can't just keep dying like animals on a daily. What's the worse that could happen if we all become responsible for our lives in light of the government's failure to do so.

Give us guns.

#Weneedourguns

Re: Why Can't We Have Our Guns? by RevDesm0ndJuju: 6:24pm On Dec 27, 2020
jubilantagida:
If we aren't battling terrorists, it's banditry, kidnapping, to the extent armed robbery is now considered a lesser evil.

One thing this group of fiendish individuals have in common is their dependence on the victim's inability to defend themselves against their aggression.

The Security personnel in the country have failed time and time again to protect lives and properties of its citizens.

The Government has failed in blocking access to firearms from these criminals. "If you can't prevent criminals from getting firearms, what then is the rationale behind stopping law-abiding citizens from getting theirs?"

We need to even the scale, we can't just keep dying like animals on a daily. What's the worse that could happen if we all become responsible for our lives in light of the government's failure to do so.

Give us guns.

#Weneedourguns

After the New Testament, the most insightful document ever written is the US Constitution.

Read it and see how 2A can only come from the minds of intelligent and visionary people.
Re: Why Can't We Have Our Guns? by amazingspiderma: 6:38pm On Dec 27, 2020
We are gradually getting there.

O boy, that will be happy day. Some people will come here to tell you that it will lead to chaos in the country.

The perpetrators of killings cannot over run villages where everyone has a gun. They would definitely be afraid.

Why should some people have the right to own weapons while others are prevented from doing the same.

As it stands, this is the most reasonable option left in Nigeria.
Re: Why Can't We Have Our Guns? by jubilantagida: 6:52pm On Dec 27, 2020
RevDesm0ndJuju:

After the New Testament, the most insightful document ever written is the US Constitution.

Read it and see how 2A can only come from the minds of intelligent and visionary people.

Yea, I'm very familiar with the provisions of the 2nd amendment of the US constitution.

But as it now, it's currently under threat.
Re: Why Can't We Have Our Guns? by jubilantagida: 6:54pm On Dec 27, 2020
amazingspiderma:
We are gradually getting there.

O boy, that will be happy day. Some people will come here to tell you that it will lead to chaos in the country.

The perpetrators of killings cannot over run villages where everyone has a gun. They would definitely be afraid.

Why should some people have the right to own weapons while others are prevented from doing the same.

As it stands, this is the most reasonable option left in Nigeria.

Exactly, exactly!!

Mynd44, lalasticlala, Seun. What do y'all think?
Re: Why Can't We Have Our Guns? by RevDesm0ndJuju: 6:57pm On Dec 27, 2020
jubilantagida:

Yea, I'm very familiar with the provisions of the 2nd amendment of the US constitution.

But as it now, it's currently under threat.

The communist in the DNC want it gone so as to enslave and kill off the American populace.
Re: Why Can't We Have Our Guns? by SKhanmi: 7:10pm On Dec 27, 2020
Expecting those who will come here and say Nigerians are too volatile to use guns. Anybody who has had a bad experience with deadly men would know most pick their victims carefully. Why would i go and rob an household where even the last born knows how to shoot? Reason I pity the south. Might be too late before they wake up. Its akin to depending on ones enemies to protect oneself from the same set of enemies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Can't We Have Our Guns? by nku5: 7:24pm On Dec 27, 2020
OP- Nigerians are allowed to own guns but they must get a license from the IGP. Just that automatic weapons and some other categories are not allowed
Re: Why Can't We Have Our Guns? by stonemasonn: 6:35am On Dec 28, 2020
nku5:
OP- Nigerians are allowed to own guns but they must get a license from the IGP. Just that automatic weapons and some other categories are not allowed
No guns allowed anymore.
Re: Why Can't We Have Our Guns? by jubilantagida: 4:28pm On Dec 28, 2020
nku5:
For retired security officers right? Private citizens are not offered licenses.
Re: Why Can't We Have Our Guns? by nku5: 4:59pm On Dec 28, 2020
jubilantagida:
For retired security officers right? Private citizens are not offered licenses.

Everybody needs a license but I think its only retired officers that can own a handgun. Everybody else can only own shotguns
Re: Why Can't We Have Our Guns? by jubilantagida: 3:07pm On Dec 30, 2020
nku5:

Everybody needs a license but I think its only retired officers that can own a handgun. Everybody else can only own shotguns

Shotguns like the ones those local hunters use right? Give me an AR 15 like this, let me know I have something.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Many Nigerians Want Yahaya Bello As President In 2023 -  Fanwo / 2023 Election: We Didn’t Endorse Tinubu — Ondo, Ekiti Former Speakers / Nigerian Army Celebrate The Capturing Of Shakau’s Armoured Personal Carrier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.