Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. (29065 Views)

Only Buhari Can Determine Extension Of Lockdown In Lagos, FCT – FG / Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria / Bayo Adelabu Campaign Parade Cars Caused A Lockdown In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. by naptu2: 7:12pm On Dec 27, 2020
Wike to re-impose COVID-19 lockdown in Rivers, January

ON DECEMBER 27, 20206:58 PM

By Davies Iheamnachor

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has hinted that he would re-impose COVID-19 lockdown in the state beginning from January following the recent upsurge in the number of coronavirus cases in the State.

Wike according to a statement signed by his Special Assistant on Media, Kelvin Ebiri, gave a hint of the imminent second phase of lockdown amid rising cases of COVID-19 during the church thanksgiving service in celebration of the 90th birthday of Mrs Priscilla Nwanediye Mark, at the St. Martin’s Anglican Church, Omagwa in Ikwerre Local Government on Sunday.

Wike regretted the refusal of most churches and markets in the state to enforce the compulsory wearing of face mask in adherence to COVID-19 protocol, noting that the state government had initially relaxed the restriction on the number of persons who worship in churches which have often been violated.

He noted that with the second wave of COVID-19, he would this week announce new stringent measures to check the spread of COVID-19 cases in the State,

He said: “When you go to some churches, they don’t wear a mask. Go to market, they don’t wear a mask. They believe COVID is not real. It’s not real because it has not happened to you; nobody had died whom you know. When somebody has died and the person was close to you, you will know that COVID is real.

“So, it is real and I want to appeal to all of you that we have to be more strict now because the second wave is more dangerous than the first wave. It’s very, very dangerous. I know how many people we have lost since the second wave started.”

Governor Wike urged the Bishop of Diocese of Ikwerre to prevail on members of all the churches under his jurisdiction to always wear their face mask.

“If you don’t comply, I have no choice, but to shut down the churches; Pentecostal, Catholic, Anglican. I have no choice because when you have it, who spends the money? It is the state that treats. So, we need to use the money for some other things, but not for this. Let us discipline ourselves and know that COVID-19 is real. Let nobody tell you that there is nothing like COVID. It’s real.”

The governor urged Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, leaders in Ikwerre Local government area to use Mrs Mark’s 90th birthday to work in unison for the development to the area.

He also used the occasion to extol the chairman of Ikwerre local government, Samuel Nwanosike for his commitment to the development of the area.

Meanwhile, the Bishop, Diocese of Ikwerre, Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion, Right Reverend Blessing Enyindah, stressed the need for people to always acknowledge God’s mercies in their lives.

Enyindah in his sermon titled “Thanking God for His Mercy”, observed that this was an era where people lived below the lifespan of 50 years, said it was the mercy of God that made Mrs Priscilla Mark attained 90 years.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/12/wike-to-re-impose-covid-19-lockdown-in-rivers-january/amp/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YL1OaRbjRE

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. by cassbeat(m): 7:16pm On Dec 27, 2020
Anybody wey wan die go die regardless of covid-19 or not.... They should stop with all these BS abeg...

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. by NwaAmaikpe: 7:18pm On Dec 27, 2020
shocked

COVID19 is real, let's keep safe.

As a survivor, I can categorically tell you that it was no joke.
The fatigue, chest pain, laboured breathing and semi-asphyxiation was like trekking through hell-fire during Harmattan but the worst of all was when I lost my sense of smell.

Imagine not being able to decipher which kpekus smells and which doesn't because of the virus.
I won't wish this last part on even my enemy.

But Nigeria does not need a 2nd lockdown...women who got pregnant during the 1st lockdown have not even given birth and you want them to get pregnant again?

233 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. by AJOBI77(m): 7:18pm On Dec 27, 2020
Lobatan
Ms Kemi Olunloyo may be right with the Intel from her DSS boyfriend.

Let's see how it goes

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. by ecolime(m): 7:29pm On Dec 27, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

COVID19 is real, let's keep safe.

I am a survivor and it was no joke.
The fatigue, chest pain, laboured breathing and semi asphyxiation was like trekking through hell-fire but the worst of all was when I lost my sense of smell.

Imagine not being able to decipher which kpekus smells and which doesn't because of Covid19.
I won't wish this last part on even my enemy.
lipsrsealed shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. by Simplyleo: 7:30pm On Dec 27, 2020
Gov Nyesom Wike to impose lockdown in Rivers state in Jan.

It is clearly stated RIVERS state.

Watch how some economic migrants go carry the matter for head like dada. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. by ecolime(m): 7:31pm On Dec 27, 2020
Guys, the virus is damn real.

Survivors yapa but many are keeping mum due to stigmatisation.

No be funny experience oo

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. by Liposure: 7:32pm On Dec 27, 2020
Another lockdown would be inimical

1 Like

Re: Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. by ogmask: 7:37pm On Dec 27, 2020
Hehehehehe
Re: Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. by fdigital(m): 8:36pm On Dec 27, 2020
This man don't know he is becoming one of the most hated governor in the south.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. by BigDawsNet: 8:37pm On Dec 27, 2020
Did you hear the joke about the germ?

Never mind, I don’t want to spread it around. cool
Re: Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. by ToluNazzal: 8:37pm On Dec 27, 2020
Re: Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 27, 2020
Nonsense governor, nonsense man.

8 Likes

Re: Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. by merits(m): 8:37pm On Dec 27, 2020
Suffer head continue.

Re: Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. by Exc2000: 8:38pm On Dec 27, 2020
cool

Abeg forget lockdown... Ban flights from affected countries

It's now or never the new Strains are deadlier

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. by zeusdgrt(m): 8:38pm On Dec 27, 2020
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. by Enudapan: 8:38pm On Dec 27, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

I don't want this codvid 19 to spoil
Our 2021 like it partly did to 2020

1 Like

Re: Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. by HerMajestyCares(f): 8:38pm On Dec 27, 2020
COVID 19 IS REAL,

AT LEAST I KNOW THAT IT HAS KILLED ALOT OF PEOPLE in U.S,

AND THAT IS WHY MY PARENT DRAGGED ME from U.S BACK TO MY COUNTRY NIGERIA cheesy cheesy

Besides its because of This A P C Evil and Lies ADMINISTRATION THAT MADE NIGERIANS TO START THINKING THAT Covid 19 IN NIGERIA Is One of THIER deceitful plan TO EMBEZZLE MONEY.

I THANK JESUS FOR WEALTH AND LIFE cheesy cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. by SlimBrawnie(f): 8:39pm On Dec 27, 2020
ecolime:

Nothing but the truth
Re: Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. by owobokiri(m): 8:39pm On Dec 27, 2020
The only thing this one knows how to do is to biuld unnecessary flyovers and to impose curfew... Executive tout on the beat..

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. by BlessedNuel: 8:39pm On Dec 27, 2020
The masses just dey suffer anyhow

3 Likes

Re: Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. by Lamasta(m): 8:39pm On Dec 27, 2020
Government is just punishing the masses with this covid-19 scamdemic grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. by KoleDgreat2020(m): 8:40pm On Dec 27, 2020
To please his Fulani Masters... The entire North is completely silent on this Covid Second wave issue while our Southern Governor's misbehaving just to get Federal allocation

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 27, 2020
Wike the man that knows how to deal with the ipob terrorists grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. by Exc2000: 8:41pm On Dec 27, 2020
ecolime:

Well I had symptoms and some of the stated sickness but fear never made me call NCDC
Re: Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. by Poloyanabo2(m): 8:41pm On Dec 27, 2020
naptu2:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/12/wike-to-re-impose-covid-19-lockdown-in-rivers-january/amp/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YL1OaRbjRE
MAYBE THAT WILL BE AFTER DAVID IBIYEOMIE'S "5 NIGHTS OF GLORY"
I'M SURE HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE BE IN IBIYEOMIE'S BAD BOOKS.

I HATE THIS PARTICULAR GOVERNOR, THE WORST IN THE HISTORY OF RIVERS STATE.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. by charlesucheh(m): 8:41pm On Dec 27, 2020
Health workers right now waiting big time to CASH OUT
Make we use our sense this time ahbeg!
Re: Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. by ednut1(m): 8:41pm On Dec 27, 2020
AJOBI77:
Lobatan
Ms Kemi Olunloyo may be right with the Intel from her DSS boyfriend.

Let's see how it goes
she has no intel. Its public knowledge /common sense

1 Like

Re: Wike To Re-Impose COVID-19 Lockdown In Rivers In January. by sammysmiles(m): 8:41pm On Dec 27, 2020
T

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Tinubu Swears In George Akume As SGF / Lagos Court Of Arbitration Inaugurated By Fashola (photo) / From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.