Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says (39578 Views)

Finland-based Nigerian-finnish Citizen, Simon Ekpa Takes Over From Nnamdi Kanu A / Osibanjo Humiliated In His Polling Unit Vgc 033. / "See As This Economy Don Spoil Our Nigerian Jollof" Nigerian Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by RuddyFusion(m): 11:30am On Dec 28, 2020
Good one
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by naijadrivablog: 11:30am On Dec 28, 2020
That is why you must be careful of people now that you made it.

No one cares about you but your money.
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by writeprof(m): 11:32am On Dec 28, 2020
Motivational
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by cRAFTsVEN: 11:43am On Dec 28, 2020
Steadily desire to acquire the papaya of timaya before you expire

LOL
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by RexTramadol1: 11:51am On Dec 28, 2020
Shit happens everyday
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by AreaFada2: 11:55am On Dec 28, 2020
Driedfish:
Meow meow.

You are not the only one suffering such humiliation, 99.0064% of poor people suffer same.

In whatever you do, make sure you end up rich!!
How many begin life in 9ja rich?
Everyone faces humiliation or rejection at some point. It's part of living in a disorganised country with poor social safety net and limited upward mobility.

These things are not even worth mentioning. Just get on with your life.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by samsobo24(m): 11:57am On Dec 28, 2020
URGENT REQUEST

In need of Rickety vehicles or roughly used vehicles ,madza buses for immediate purchase

Call / message : 0 7 0 8 9 4 52 70 0
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by mrdharkchild(m): 12:01pm On Dec 28, 2020
Driedfish:
Meow meow.

You are not the only one suffering such humiliation, 99.0064% of poor people suffer same.

In whatever you do, make sure you end up rich!!

DriedFish and meow meow, this life no balance.
Catfish and meow meow no too bad.
Well, cat de chop all d above listed fishes.
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 28, 2020
You were trying to do something of intellectual value, and you gave it to a Nigerian politician to help you sponsor it? Are you a 3 year old or something?

2 Likes

Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by Originalsly: 12:10pm On Dec 28, 2020
babzo:

The Great problem with Nigeria is we don't have a proper structure; in more decent societies you would not have to go round begging to be published like that.

Bro... don't be so quick to criticize the country of your birth.... .and discourage others from pushing ahead to achieve their dreams. Nothing in life comes easy in any country.
I learn a lot from the streets ... in a decent society.....and getting a book published is not that easy for someone without deep pockets. That person will go to a small publisher and publish a small amount of copies... maybe 300 or 500.... he will then go to street vendors who sell books or any such store and drop a few... in the meantime... walking the street ... going to street fairs...etc and pushing his work. When that is almost sold out... he goes back to the publisher for a reprint and so on. The bigger publishing houses go to the smaller publishers to know which books are doing great numbers. They review them and contact the author if they find it has great potential. They then sign a contract with the writer and almost always repackage the book.... change the cover.. the title etc. before releasing the book.

@ topic.... I don't see why he should criticize the rich guy.... the guy never turned him down. The guy told him to return another time because he was busy at that time. He never did return. Why to date he can't see he missed an opportunity?...how was he humiliated?... he's too full of himself. Mr Ego.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by Jessicuche504: 12:15pm On Dec 28, 2020
Thank God for elevation
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by kabillionaire(m): 12:18pm On Dec 28, 2020
Blessing in disguise!
If you were not disappointed here in Nigeria, would you be sharing this success story today?
Remain strong.
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by Omezif(m): 12:19pm On Dec 28, 2020
There is blessing in every disappointment especially if you trully know yourselve.
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by kunlegboye(m): 12:27pm On Dec 28, 2020
Same thing someone who is a trained pilot the other day said they told him if he were to be a northerner they would have employed him...I wonder why everything is like this,and they would say one Nigeria!... It's pathetic!!... Higher percentage of federal jobs goes to the north!...The right thing every southerners can ask for is restructuring else we are still slave of the north in this county.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by JastSiryin(m): 12:28pm On Dec 28, 2020
GayPontiff:

Yes o as all of us wan turn motivational speaker on top the matter,
He had to acquire to require and perspire before he aspired to expire.
Guy you dey mad... The pic even funny sef grin

1 Like

Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by Mutaultope(m): 12:30pm On Dec 28, 2020
My little story

I have been jobless for some years now with no help from anyone but my parents and my wife .

This year I got a marketing job at MUTUAL BENEFIT LIFE ASSURANCE PLC and gradually I have been building my client base but little commission to show for it .. later this month I had to do everything within mine and God's power to pay my house rent of 80k+ .

Just last week , my Zonal pastor asked me why I didn't pay my Tithe and I told him I don't have but he said but am working and receive salary ...

I told him am not on salary but on commission , his reply got me angry ..... He said O TI RI ISE OOOO ( you have not got a job )

I was angry because he rediculed my job because I couldn't pay my Tithe instead of saying a word of encouragement and praying I make it on the job ..

One thing I know is that 2021 will be a better and greater year for me on the job ...... Men can say whatever they like .

5 Likes

Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 28, 2020
YOU'RE DOING WELL FANTABULOUS

1 Like

Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 28, 2020
aminusodiq:
he should have kept asking, cos he needed his help, he made a mistake there!!! But His actions wasn't humane enough, he could have said that more politely, even if he's not willing to help. You have a nice book, may you come some other time so we can review it cos I'm very busy now

What is this one saying? Did you know what the man was facing that morning? Everyone get him own problem

1 Like

Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by DeRay98(m): 12:40pm On Dec 28, 2020
aminusodiq:
he should have kept asking, cos he needed his help, he made a mistake there!!! But His actions wasn't humane enough, he could have said that more politely, even if he's not willing to help. You have a nice book, may you come some other time so we can review it cos I'm very busy now

Moreso, as the rich man was in line to become the king of their community...
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by lagdmark(m): 12:53pm On Dec 28, 2020
Kzinne:
Do people still buy hardcopy magazines?
ja for generations 70+, our grandparents need it.
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by GREATESTPIANIST: 12:57pm On Dec 28, 2020
ElRapido:
Poverty always bring humiliation. Money brings exaltation. Stop telling your stories and get to work. Nobody cares.
oh shut up
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by Goalnaldo(m): 1:07pm On Dec 28, 2020
It's wrong to assume the Rich man from his village refused helping him. He never went back to him.
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by Jyde89: 1:14pm On Dec 28, 2020
aminusodiq:
he could have been more polite, how could you just flip through and made a judgement! He outrightly showed that he's not willing to help, that's actually a typical nigerian man who finds helping a hard-working man an Herculeans task. If it was a woman, would he have said thesame?

first off, the man was under no obligation to help him. 2ndly he didn't know what the man was facing at the time, he just invaded his space without prior notice expecting him to be sympathetic to his plight. I my self I'm still pleading at the feat of fortune hoping it will smile down on me one day, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't say the truth. and please let's stop pushing the narrative that any one who helps you in Nigeria has an ulterior motif, good people abound in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by 12285matric(m): 1:17pm On Dec 28, 2020
Inspiring, whatever you find your hands doing, do it in a better way and be focus, because challenges would definitely come.
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by Jyde89: 1:21pm On Dec 28, 2020
Mutaultope:
My little story

I have been jobless for some years now with no help from anyone but my parents and my wife .

This year I got a marketing job at MUTUAL BENEFIT LIFE ASSURANCE PLC and gradually I have been building my client base but little commission to show for it .. later this month I had to do everything within mine and God's power to pay my house rent of 80k+ .

Just last week , my Zonal pastor asked me why I didn't pay my Tithe and I told him I don't have but he said but am working and receive salary ...

I told him am not on salary but on commission , his reply got me angry ..... He said O TI RI ISE OOOO ( you have not got a job )

I was angry because he rediculed my job because I couldn't pay my Tithe instead of saying a word of encouragement and praying I make it on the job ..

One thing I know is that 2021 will be a better and greater year for me on the job ...... Men can say whatever they like .

some "men of God" can be incredibly annoying but count it all joy bro, greater things are coming in 2021, lines are definitely falling in pleasant places.
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by 79733139(m): 1:23pm On Dec 28, 2020
Nobody owes him anything. Bill Gates asked way more than 500 people to invest in his company at its early stages and he took a lot of rejections before he had investors, it is also the same story with so many tech multi-millionaires.

aminusodiq:
he could have been more polite, how could you just flip through and made a judgement! He outrightly showed that he's not willing to help, that's actually a typical nigerian man who finds helping a hard-working man an Herculeans task. If it was a woman, would he have said thesame?

2 Likes

Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by SirBunky85(m): 1:29pm On Dec 28, 2020
capitalzero:

One side of the story

As soon as he was about to enter his office, I stood up, greeted him, and introduced myself to him. I gave him the manuscript with tears almost dropping from my eyes, i told him to assist me in publishing the book. He flipped through the manuscript and handed it back to me. His statement was "I'm very busy, you can come another day"

He could have returned when the rich man was less busy. Bible says keep on asking, keep knocking. Matt 7:7.
God bless you.I hate people who reason with emotions,your submission is very logical.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by panini(m): 1:30pm On Dec 28, 2020
Was his name intentionally omitted??
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by We4all: 1:31pm On Dec 28, 2020
Since I realized that NO ONE owes me anything, my life is so much better now.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by SirBunky85(m): 1:31pm On Dec 28, 2020
aminusodiq:
do you know the rich man's mode when the said op just rushed him?do you know if the rich man had a bad day?most of you just apply emotions in every reasoning

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo: Sanusi Is A Common Thief, A Liar. Should Be Sent To Prison (Video) / Buhari Sacks Usman Yusuf As NHIS Boss, Appoints Sambo Replacement / Red Carpet Reception For Osinbajo In Onitsha, Anambra (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.