Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,177 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says (39577 Views)

Finland-based Nigerian-finnish Citizen, Simon Ekpa Takes Over From Nnamdi Kanu A / Osibanjo Humiliated In His Polling Unit Vgc 033. / "See As This Economy Don Spoil Our Nigerian Jollof" Nigerian Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by Cleanworld(f): 1:31pm On Dec 28, 2020
diasporaman:
A Nigerian abroad took to his Instagram account @diasporaglitzmagazine to share story of how he became a publisher

How I Was Humiliated By One Of The Richest Person In My Community Because I Begged Him To Help Me Publish My Book

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJRBdIVhBfQ/?hl=en

The truth is that Nigerians are too mean in nature. They hate progress for others.while praying, binding g and casting for God to bless them
Siblings and families are the worst at this game.
May God remember to pick our calls on time.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by NDSMELODY(m): 1:40pm On Dec 28, 2020
diasporaman:
A Nigerian abroad took to his Instagram account @diasporaglitzmagazine to share story of how he became a publisher

How I Was Humiliated By One Of The Richest Person In My Community Because I Begged Him To Help Me Publish My Book

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJRBdIVhBfQ/?hl=en
he forget to tell us how he finally made it to finland,that might give hope to someone struggling out there.
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 28, 2020
ThierryJay:
Nice story. But the experience with the rich man was over exaggerated. 90% of all rich executives in Nigeria will react in the same way because they are truly typically very busy and may not have the luxury of time to connect with your idea if their business is not into that line.
Absolutely! Rubbish story. he probarbly have told numerous people himself lately that he is busy, come back later.

The fact that he didn't go back tells how entitled he felt, because he had a script. What an idiot! The rich man wanted perhaps to take another proper look at the so called script next time when he would have the time.

I am into properties developement, if you bring me a writers script to invest in, I would not, only because i wouldn't understand it, Not because i am not a good person as he has portrayed the rich man.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 28, 2020
NDSMELODY:
he forget to tell us how he finally made it to finland,that might give hope to someone struggling out there.
They always skip that part grin

2 Likes

Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 28, 2020
Cleanworld:

The truth is that Nigerians are too mean in nature. They hate progress for others.while praying, binding g and casting for God to bless them
Siblings and families are the worst at this game.
May God remember to pick our calls on time.
How did you come to this ridiculous conclusions? The rich man told him to come back that he was busy, He didn't bother going back, now he claims the rich man humiliated him. He never even gave the so called rich man a chance. Rubbish story.
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 28, 2020
Rubbish story, The rich man told him to come back when he is not busy, All he had to do was go back like the rich man asked, But No! He felt so entitled he didn't bother to go back. Now he claims the so called rich man humiliated him. What a selfish goon!

Now that he feels he has become successful, he should swear on his kids lives if has never told anyone that he is busy come back later.

1 Like

Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by Burgerlomo: 2:08pm On Dec 28, 2020
cool

Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by WriterX(m): 2:12pm On Dec 28, 2020
grin grin my time go come, i just know i just got to work hard.

i once wrote a 140 pages movie in two days my area had no light so i had to go to a barbing saloon and sat on the floor because of course there was no chair i could use not minding i wrote the script to be bought for 3k las las i had to sell, i hadn't eaten for a day hahaha, hearing the alert on my phone was like hearing a beautiful music many of us are going through hell daily sometimes i don't blame those who do the wrong things just to make it but what is a guy to do when he is brought up with ideas and morally upright standards hahaha i am thinking of writing my experiences as a book meh my life is my greatest story yet unwritten. lol e go beta one day, don't relent , keep pushing is all i can tell myself .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by jesmond3945: 2:15pm On Dec 28, 2020
capitalzero:

One side of the story

As soon as he was about to enter his office, I stood up, greeted him, and introduced myself to him. I gave him the manuscript with tears almost dropping from my eyes, i told him to assist me in publishing the book. He flipped through the manuscript and handed it back to me. His statement was "I'm very busy, you can come another day"

He could have returned when the rich man was less busy. Bible says keep on asking, keep knocking. Matt 7:7.
this thing way you talk is very loaded especially in naija, you must keep on coming back till your breakthrough
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by Mutaultope(m): 2:18pm On Dec 28, 2020
Jyde89:

some "men of God" can be incredibly annoying but count it all joy bro, greater things are coming in 2021, lines are definitely falling in pleasant places.

Amen oooooo
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by WriterX(m): 2:23pm On Dec 28, 2020
jesmond3945:
this thing way you talk is very loaded especially in naija, you must keep on coming back till your breakthrough

that is it, thats just it.
many of us lack patient and our egos is another thing, i am pretty sure none of this guys would stand to be insulted but hey i have been there , it is not nice but the most important thing is achieving what you set out to achieve.

1 Like

Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by jesmond3945: 2:23pm On Dec 28, 2020
aminusodiq:
he should have kept asking, cos he needed his help, he made a mistake there!!! But His actions wasn't humane enough, he could have said that more politely, even if he's not willing to help. You have a nice book, may you come some other time so we can review it cos I'm very busy now
which big man will talk to you politely in naija?
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by Jasonjack: 3:24pm On Dec 28, 2020
Please anyone that is into building and road construction should patronize me. I sale and supply granite stones in large quantity. Anyone interested in buying or learning should contact me on WhatsApp 08038763872
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by babzo(m): 5:20pm On Dec 28, 2020
Originalsly:

Bro... don't be so quick to criticize the country of your birth.... .and discourage others from pushing ahead to achieve their dreams. Nothing in life comes easy in any country.
I learn a lot from the streets ... in a decent society.....and getting a book published is not that easy for someone without deep pockets. That person will go to a small publisher and publish a small amount of copies... maybe 300 or 500.... he will then go to street vendors who sell books or any such store and drop a few... in the meantime... walking the street ... going to street fairs...etc and pushing his work. When that is almost sold out... he goes back to the publisher for a reprint and so on. The bigger publishing houses go to the smaller publishers to know which books are doing great numbers. They review them and contact the author if they find it has great potential. They then sign a contract with the writer and almost always repackage the book.... change the cover.. the title etc. before releasing the book.

@ topic.... I don't see why he should criticize the rich guy.... the guy never turned him down. The guy told him to return another time because he was busy at that time. He never did return. Why to date he can't see he missed an opportunity?...how was he humiliated?... he's too full of himself. Mr Ego.

Yes, I don't agree with the rich man's angle too. That's another problem in Naija; the idea that people must help us. What if the rich man has his own problems (bank on his neck for 100 million loan for example) or what if he just didn't like the manuscript

But I still stand on my point that in more decent societies there is help. You can self publish a book anytime there and if you get a few good reviews on social media; you will make sales. Maybe not become a best selling author; but your journey to being an author can start immediately.
If you write nonsense of of course, then you are wasting your time.

1 Like

Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by Omojolaray(m): 5:42pm On Dec 28, 2020
Perfectsouth:
That music, I go still sing am and I go blow..
Don't care how long it takes me to achieve it..
I bliv bro no let anyone tell you otherwise
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by GoldHorse(m): 6:23pm On Dec 28, 2020
"....He flipped through the manuscript and handed it back to me. His statement was "I'm very busy, you can come another day...."

Nonsense!!!

You were not humiliated at all. You are a very, very impatient person and very possibly with an entitled mindset.

This is not a rejection at all! Do you know where the very rich and busy man was coming in from? He was planning to be a king and definitely had a lot on his mind or was even rushing to his office to make a call, use the bathroom or any of those things normal people do immediately coming in from outside.

Yet the rich man was very polite enough and paused to glance through your magazine and ASKED YOU TO COME BACK!!!!. Did you go back?!!! Very uninspiring story. Do you even know the meaning of PERSISTENCE?

Well may God not let you know the real meaning of disappointment uncle!
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by solonubinho(m): 8:06pm On Dec 28, 2020
Msheew...someone told you he was busy you said they humiliated you. Such a fragile ego the size of a mosquito. From what I read, nobody humiliated you. You just expected to publish your magazine without any challenges which is unrealistic. Were you expecting him to just jump at your idea and splash money on you? Toughen up OP, toughen up.
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by johnhood(m): 8:27pm On Dec 28, 2020
You have been humiliated once some people have been humiliated many onces
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by NairalandSARS: 8:50pm On Dec 28, 2020
aminusodiq:
he could have been more polite, how could you just flip through and made a judgement! He outrightly showed that he's not willing to help, that's actually a typical nigerian man who finds helping a hard-working man an Herculeans task. If it was a woman, would he have said thesame?

Did he book an appointment?
You think the rich man doesn't have more important things to do?
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by Iamdrealstar(m): 8:58pm On Dec 28, 2020
Nice to read your grass to grace story. Consistency is the key to overcoming adversities of life. Merry Xmas to you and all nairalanders

An amazing platform that is full to the brim with lots of goodies. The best part is:
�Registration is Free
�It is 100% safe and secured
�You can become a Winner
For details about how to enjoy these amazing possibilities, kindly visit https://www.nija.live

Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by aminusodiq(m): 10:23pm On Dec 28, 2020
NairalandSARS:

Did he book an appointment?
You think the rich man doesn't have more important things to do?
grace dosent need an appointment.... Humanity dosent require appointment, so far he was told to wait, that's probably the routine of see the man. Of he needed an appointment, he would have been told
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by Updating9JA: 7:40am On Dec 29, 2020
babzo:
Interesting write up. You have done well. Please don't forget that EVERYONE faces rejection and disappointment including the person for whom we are celebrating Christmas.
The Great problem with Nigeria is we don't have Oluwa Biko a proper structure; in more decent societies you would not have to go round begging to be published like that.
We hope to continue hearing about your success and please don't forget those who are still struggling in Nigeria that you can help lift up too.
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by bewla(m): 8:03am On Dec 29, 2020
babzo:
Interesting write up. You have done well. Please don't forget that EVERYONE faces rejection and disappointment including the person for whom we are celebrating Christmas.
The Great problem with Nigeria is we don't have a proper structure; in more decent societies you would not have to go round begging to be published like that.
We hope to continue hearing about your success and please don't forget those who are still struggling in Nigeria that you can help lift up too.
Gud how many him hep
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by adezie: 1:38am On Jan 14, 2021
WriterX:
grin grin my time go come, i just know i just got to work hard.

i once wrote a 140 pages movie in two days my area had no light so i had to go to a barbing saloon and sat on the floor because of course there was no chair i could use not minding i wrote the script to be bought for 3k las las i had to sell, i hadn't eaten for a day hahaha, hearing the alert on my phone was like hearing a beautiful music many of us are going through hell daily sometimes i don't blame those who do the wrong things just to make it but what is a guy to do when he is brought up with ideas and morally upright standards hahaha i am thinking of writing my experiences as a book meh my life is my greatest story yet unwritten. lol e go beta one day, don't relent , keep pushing is all i can tell myself .

Hello. Please how can I reach you?

1 Like

Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by WriterX(m): 8:35am On Jan 14, 2021
adezie:

Hello. Please how can I reach you?

hello and good morning madam, kindly drop your email or send a mail to afehenry@gmail.com or rchrdadrian@gmail.com , i currently do not have a phone thanks to lagos pick pockets i would have loved to drop my number with you , please do try to reach out to me, thanks and happy new year.
Re: I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says by adezie: 9:34am On Jan 14, 2021
WriterX:

hello and good morning madam, kindly drop your email or send a mail to afehenry@gmail.com or rchrdadrian@gmail.com , i currently do not have a phone thanks to lagos pick pockets i would have loved to drop my number with you , please do try to reach out to me, thanks and happy new year.

Thank you sir for replying. I already sent you a mail.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo: Sanusi Is A Common Thief, A Liar. Should Be Sent To Prison (Video) / Buhari Sacks Usman Yusuf As NHIS Boss, Appoints Sambo Replacement / Red Carpet Reception For Osinbajo In Onitsha, Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.