Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? (43186 Views)

Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? / Buying A House Or Building From Scratch, Which Is Better? / FOR Your Professional Building From Foundation/renovation Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by olisefom: 2:17pm On Dec 28, 2020
Buying is cheaper.

1 Like

Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by Kobicove(m): 2:17pm On Dec 28, 2020
If it's your first house I suggest you buy if you have the money in bulk undecided
Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by deavicky(m): 2:17pm On Dec 28, 2020
Building seems better. U will build what u want with quality u want. But in some instance where u will will just buy an apartment among others, it might be a little cheaper.
Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by IYANGBALI: 2:17pm On Dec 28, 2020
Boat of them are good, it depends on what you want, but boat of them are almost the same

1 Like

Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by GodWrites: 2:17pm On Dec 28, 2020
Different strokes for different individuals. If money isn't a problem, buying a house is always better.

Imagine the stress, the inevitable horrors likely to happen in the course of building from scratch.

For me, I always buy my houses. All I care for is a minimalistic interior and I'm contented.
Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by ginus001(m): 2:17pm On Dec 28, 2020
JayDaily:
Hi guys,

With the little money I have made, I have opted investing in properties full time.

now like the topic implies,

which is cheaper?

Building a home from Scratch or Buying already built that matches your taste?

what are the pros and cons?

building from scratch is better less expensive, you will also supervise d level of solidness of d house.
Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by ovalmystic(m): 2:17pm On Dec 28, 2020
JayDaily:
Hi guys,

With the little money I have made, I have opted investing in properties full time.

which is cheaper?

Building a home from Scratch or Buying already built that matches your taste?..

My brother..
You say with the money youve made! Biko where you take see this money..make i follow you make am..
Adim serious(i am serious).
I am willing to learn...���
Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by Noblejay7: 2:17pm On Dec 28, 2020
Save yourself the stress of building. Just buy and rest.

3 Likes

Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by Depressed101: 2:18pm On Dec 28, 2020
MsNorgan:
I don't know about this but let me wait for experts to come have their ssy
building from scratch is only better when you already know what you are doing or have some experience.
Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by Hallabee1(m): 2:18pm On Dec 28, 2020
henry4991:
To Steal House is Much Better
you need slap
Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by Perfectsouth(m): 2:20pm On Dec 28, 2020
uchennaq:

You can't build to taste cos you're not tasting the house oga. Do you want to eat the house?
OK, build to specification..
Shebi na the grammar wey u Wan hear be that
Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by Euegene100001: 2:20pm On Dec 28, 2020
Everything on Instagram una don carry am enta here
Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by Alexaonfleek: 2:20pm On Dec 28, 2020
I think the problem with buying houses in Nigeria is that you're not sure of the quality of materials used in building them.
Apart from money,this is another reason why most people prefer to build from scratch.

4 Likes

Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by CTete: 2:20pm On Dec 28, 2020
I take pleasure in building. All my houses are built from the scratch. Buy it requires close monitoring. Building materials are very expensive now to play with.
Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by saajus: 2:21pm On Dec 28, 2020
If you are available, I think building from scratch is the best option. It means you can customize your house to your taste. I like some security features in the house like a bunker, a good anti-fire system which I don't see in many already built house. Building from scratch also helps to monitor the quality of materials being used. If you are not available, maybe not living in Nigeria, buying is the best option.

1 Like

Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by ONYEDIKAJAH(m): 2:21pm On Dec 28, 2020
Was Patience your English teacher?
Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by tunjiajayi: 2:21pm On Dec 28, 2020
Building from scratch saves you money and you are assured of quality, but buying a building costs you more money but saves you contractors/artisans hassles which can cost you more money and cause you severe headaches and pains angry.

But if you have got the balls or for women the womb grin build from scratch for quality and taste assurance.
My take!

2 Likes

Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by Seyzcham91(m): 2:21pm On Dec 28, 2020
Gbam!
nurez305:
Ask same question when you post change from "little money made" to "a lot of money made", buying a house require a lot of money and not a little money
Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 28, 2020
JayDaily:
Hi guys,

which is cheaper?

Depends on the area. Inner city it can be the same because of all the permits and delays with agencies you go through.

In rural areas it is better to build. You can take your time, stockpiling materials and as has been said build to your specifications.

1 Like

Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by Lamanii22(f): 2:24pm On Dec 28, 2020
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

The wrath of Satan is about to be unleashed on the world

Especially on the remnants of Israel

That day you'll know who the real isrealites are

The black that have been enslaved from the beginning up till today

Or the Europeans calling themselves Jews enjoying the full benefits of the world

Decide

What is this one saying... Which bible are you quoting from
Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by ceejayluv(m): 2:24pm On Dec 28, 2020
seanwilliam:
Building is cheaper
Buying is ready made

If I get the money , I will kuku buy house straight away .. no time , no stress
I swear, to buy house dey more convenient... After All if you build finish no mean say you no go sell the house in the future.

That's if Block money dey Sha.
Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by mattsvibes: 2:25pm On Dec 28, 2020
It Depends On Ur time Taste Location Design E.G Water Front And Materials But I Prefer Build
Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by henrixx(m): 2:26pm On Dec 28, 2020
JayDaily:
Hi guys,

which is cheaper?

building of course but there is stress. prepare for it and if you dont have the experience, prepare to pay for it

1 Like

Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by riches4me(m): 2:26pm On Dec 28, 2020
Which one be all these "build to ur taste". It's build to ur pocket size!

3 Likes

Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by Seyzcham91(m): 2:26pm On Dec 28, 2020
you smart bro grin
henry4991:
To Steal House is Much Better
Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by illicit(m): 2:26pm On Dec 28, 2020
Why need a house when the world will end soon....

In our fathers mansion in heaven, there are many rooms wink
Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by titiaderibi: 2:27pm On Dec 28, 2020
Hmm
Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by BafanaBafana: 2:27pm On Dec 28, 2020
If money is not the problem, buy a house. It is cheaper.
When you calculate the stress involved in building and quantify it, you will understand

6 Likes

Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by STINOS(m): 2:27pm On Dec 28, 2020
Building from scratch is not only cheaper you will also be able to ascertain the quality of the materials used during construction. I have seen a situation whereby a stone dust was used as a coarse aggregate in concrete for foundation footing and lintel because it was cheaper compared to 1" of gravel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? / Doors, Cabinets, Wardrobe And Other Wood Works / My Landlord Wants To Evict Me Before My Rent Expires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.