Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? (14827 Views)

How Many States Have You Visited in Nigeria And Which State Did You Enjoy Most? / How Many States Have You Visited In Nigeria? / Which Country Have You Visited? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by Glaswegian: 7:48am On Dec 29, 2020
Yseone:

... and after all these, you are still dragging FTC on Nairaland?
wasted years.
spits

Where’s that?
Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by sylve11: 7:51am On Dec 29, 2020
Mynd44:
I feel attacked cry cry cry cry

grin cool
Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by DEEBOZZ(m): 7:51am On Dec 29, 2020
I have been to
Indian
Switzerland
And China.

God willing, I will be in Germany next year.

God bless Nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by alimology: 7:51am On Dec 29, 2020
2015: Benin Republic
2019: Kenya

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by doscar(m): 7:52am On Dec 29, 2020
2022: Quatar
2025: South Africa
From South Africa to the rest of the countries on earth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by Tomzino(m): 7:53am On Dec 29, 2020
Easyincome24:
Have you visited a country outside your home country in the last decade?

This thread is created to educate and keep people informed who wish to travel or visit some places outside their home country.

If you have traveled out of your home country in the last decade, kindly share what the experience looked like.

Here are few guides to how you can narrate your experience:

#1 Country you paid host to;

#2 Year you made the trip

# Estimated cost back then

#5 How the screening and travelling process was at the embassy

#6 places you visited in the host country

#7 how long you stayed

#8 when you returned to your home country

You are free to be flexible as you wish but keeping it simple this way will go a long way to help others.
Well I visited Benin republic in October this year
And I've also visited and lived in The United kingdom. I finished my secondary school in London, where I love the most is Kent outside london. Chatham Kent just seemed different it wasn't as chokey as London. Even though we were the only blacks in our street. Pentagon shopping center was my favorite place in Kent and Westham shopping center in London. Yeah I also loved going to North Greenwichs 02 arena. I just love the structure of the arena.
What I can never forget was the day no one could understand me while in year 10 I was trying to ask a white friend "how are you." But it didn't sound well, I remember the tutor group surrounded me until a fellow Nigerian said he meant how are u. That made me really pick up the British accent really fast. Even though ive being in Nigeria since 2014 I've still got that accent. Which I'm so glad for.
Another place i use to chill around my environ was Thamesmead shopping center.
I remember I love paying myself with the self service till.
Then I came to Nigeria I think twice and the single flight ticket was not more than 109thousand even when I booked near the date of travel. But now u can never get a flight ticket of 109k to London oo!
I was really young then but I remember I made mistakes while making my passport, I didn't really have issue at the embassy because I was a dependant under my dad's HSMP visa. I returned back to Naija I think in 2014 while I was in Sixth form at Plumstead Manor Negus college and since attended Unilorin, finished service in Cross river this year and next is waiting upon the Lord o, looking for a job

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by kechywillz(m): 7:53am On Dec 29, 2020
Honestly ,I need to travel out ,I have only crossed to Cameroon during my nysc days in taraba,apart from that no traveling histroy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by AFONJACOW(m): 7:53am On Dec 29, 2020
South Africa, Taiwan, Macau , Hungary, Dubai, and one useless unproductive country called Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by oyeb15: 7:53am On Dec 29, 2020
Arewa republic
Biafa
Ijaw nation
Ogoni republic
Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by Donspicey: 7:54am On Dec 29, 2020
Akwa ibom na better country ooooo......

Cool atmosphere and fine fine short short girlss...

1 Like

Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 7:54am On Dec 29, 2020
Glaswegian:
2011 (Benin Republic) 2012 (Ghana) 2013 (Scotland, Qatar, UAE x2, England, Netherlands) 2015 (UAE) 2016 (Saudi Arabia, Turkey, England) 2017 (England) 2018 (England) 2019 (England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Turkey) 2020 (Scotland, France)
Most memorable trip: Turkey, 2019 Favorite country: Scotland Favorite city: Glasgow, Scotland Best hotel ever used: Hilton Glasgow Most visited cities: London 5x, Dubai 4x Family travel: Dubai (Nov 2013, Feb 2015, Mar 2018) Official travels: Ghana 2012, England 2016, 2017, 2018) Solo travels: Others apart from the above
Cities visited 2011: Cotonou 2012: Accra 2013: Edinburgh, Doha, Dubai, Sharjah, London, Amsterdam 2015: Dubai 2016: London, Mecca, Medina, Jeddah, Istanbul 2017: London 2018: London, Manchester 2019: London, Belfast, Glasgow, Istanbul 2020: Aberdeen, Dundee, Paris
lucky u... I haven't been outside the shore. baba carry me along na?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 29, 2020
ipobarethieves:
cool Aussie,Ger,,Spain,Fra.
Life in Aus is better by far
How was it with those Australia immigration officers?
I am watching border security on CBS realities with Australia immigration officers doing their jobs at the airport, land border, waters (sea)
Those guys are really doing a good job but it seems they're a bit bias with natives of Asia, African than other race
Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by cassidy1996(m): 7:55am On Dec 29, 2020
Glaswegian:
2011 (Benin Republic) 2012 (Ghana) 2013 (Scotland, Qatar, UAE x2, England, Netherlands) 2015 (UAE) 2016 (Saudi Arabia, Turkey, England) 2017 (England) 2018 (England) 2019 (England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Turkey) 2020 (Scotland, France)
Most memorable trip: Turkey, 2019 Favorite country: Scotland Favorite city: Glasgow, Scotland Best hotel ever used: Hilton Glasgow Most visited cities: London 5x, Dubai 4x Family travel: Dubai (Nov 2013, Feb 2015, Mar 2018) Official travels: Ghana 2012, England 2016, 2017, 2018) Solo travels: Others apart from the above
Cities visited 2011: Cotonou 2012: Accra 2013: Edinburgh, Doha, Dubai, Sharjah, London, Amsterdam 2015: Dubai 2016: London, Mecca, Medina, Jeddah, Istanbul 2017: London 2018: London, Manchester 2019: London, Belfast, Glasgow, Istanbul 2020: Aberdeen, Dundee, Paris
Bros, please next time, take me along. am tired of Nigeria
Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by Nemis619(m): 7:56am On Dec 29, 2020
You seem to have a similar gene with one globethroting President I know �.
If I Bu, you say Ha, another man say Ri; Omo na you sabi
Glaswegian:
2011 (Benin Republic)
2012 (Ghana)
2013 (Scotland, Qatar, UAE x2, England, Netherlands)
2015 (UAE)
2016 (Saudi Arabia, Turkey, England)
2017 (England)
2018 (England)
2019 (England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Turkey)
2020 (Scotland, France)

Most memorable trip: Turkey, 2019
Favorite country: Scotland
Favorite city: Glasgow, Scotland
Best hotel ever used: Hilton Glasgow
Most visited cities: London 5x, Dubai 4x
Family travel: Dubai (Nov 2013, Feb 2015, Mar 2018)
Official travels: Ghana 2012, England 2016, 2017, 2018)
Solo travels: Others apart from the above

Cities visited
2011: Cotonou
2012: Accra
2013: Edinburgh, Doha, Dubai, Sharjah, London, Amsterdam
2015: Dubai
2016: London, Mecca, Medina, Jeddah, Istanbul
2017: London
2018: London, Manchester
2019: London, Belfast, Glasgow, Istanbul
2020: Aberdeen, Dundee, Paris
Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 7:56am On Dec 29, 2020
olujastro:
I visited 27 countries.

2016 - UAE, Norway.
2017 - Finland, France, Italy, Monaco.
2018 - Ethiopia, Spain, Portugal, Poland, Russia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Hungary, Slovakia, Austria.
2019 - Denmark, The Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, Sweden.
2020 - Benin Republic, Togo, Ghana,Ireland, Canada.

My most memorable was Ghana, because I visited with my girlfriend.
I also enjoyed Budapest, Hungary and Barcelona, Spain as they’re great tourist destinations.
u must be a tourist... remaining Asia
Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by Eillyeillz(m): 7:56am On Dec 29, 2020
I've been to ohafia.
Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by Donspicey: 7:56am On Dec 29, 2020
AFONJACOW:
South Africa, Taiwan, Macau , Hungary, Dubai, and one useless unproductive country called Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by Crimsoneagle: 7:58am On Dec 29, 2020
Easyincome24:

Lolz, but Ghanians are wishing to migrate to Nigeria too. You can see, this life is not balanced.
that Ghanaian must be high on gutter water mixed with omo, as e be now if I jakpa from this country ehn... omoh e be things o

1 Like

Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 29, 2020
Yseone:

wasted years.
spits
You sure say that guy dey talk true. Hmm

Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 7:59am On Dec 29, 2020
Glaswegian:

Dubai is great but my kids complained I should not take them there again after three holidays.

what was their reasons?
Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by AFONJACOW(m): 7:59am On Dec 29, 2020
[quote author=Donspicey post=97515967][/quote] who's father is that
Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by Tbasicme: 8:00am On Dec 29, 2020
Glaswegian:
2011 (Benin Republic)
2012 (Ghana)
2013 (Scotland, Qatar, UAE x2, England, Netherlands)
2015 (UAE)
2016 (Saudi Arabia, Turkey, England)
2017 (England)
2018 (England)
2019 (England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Turkey)
2020 (Scotland, France)

Most memorable trip: Turkey, 2019
Favorite country: Scotland
Favorite city: Glasgow, Scotland
Best hotel ever used: Hilton Glasgow
Most visited cities: London 5x, Dubai 4x
Family travel: Dubai (Nov 2013, Feb 2015, Mar 2018)
Official travels: Ghana 2012, England 2016, 2017, 2018)
Solo travels: Others apart from the above

Cities visited
2011: Cotonou
2012: Accra
2013: Edinburgh, Doha, Dubai, Sharjah, London, Amsterdam
2015: Dubai
2016: London, Mecca, Medina, Jeddah, Istanbul
2017: London
2018: London, Manchester
2019: London, Belfast, Glasgow, Istanbul
2020: Aberdeen, Dundee, Paris

Chai

Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 8:01am On Dec 29, 2020
Egypt.
Alexandria is such a beautiful city and busy as hell, but well organised. Life is friendly until you mess with their ladies (if u're a west African}.

1 Like

Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by Tbasicme: 8:01am On Dec 29, 2020
unity004:
grin we wey never cross border make we gather here

Kindly raise up ya hand if you never cross border before

3 Likes

Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by Kingluqman(m): 8:02am On Dec 29, 2020
Kingofum:
2010_____till eternity (new York) USA

God bless America

God destroy Africa politicians
So you don burn your return ticket lol grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 8:02am On Dec 29, 2020
Tomzino:

Well I visited Benin republic in October this year
And I've also visited and lived in The United kingdom. I finished my secondary school in London, where I love the most is Kent outside london. Chatham Kent just seemed different it wasn't as chokey as London. Even though we were the only blacks in our street. Pentagon shopping center was my favorite place in Kent and Westham shopping center in London. Yeah I also loved going to North Greenwichs 02 arena. I just love the structure of the arena.
What I can never forget was the day no one could understand me while in year 10 I was trying to ask a white friend "how are you." But it didn't sound well, I remember the tutor group surrounded me until a fellow Nigerian said he meant how are u. That made me really pick up the British accent really fast. Even though ive being in Nigeria since 2014 I've still got that accent. Which I'm so glad for.
Another place i use to chill around my environ was Thamesmead shopping center.
I remember I love paying myself with the self service till.
Then I came to Nigeria I think twice and the single flight ticket was not more than 109thousand even when I booked near the date of travel. But now u can never get a flight ticket of 109k to London oo!
I was really young then but I remember I made mistakes while making my passport, I didn't really have issue at the embassy because I was a dependant under my dad's HSMP visa. I returned back to Naija I think in 2014 while I was in Sixth form at Plumstead Manor Negus college and since attended Unilorin, finished service in Cross river this year and next is waiting upon the Lord o, looking for a job

nice experience... I think u should go back.
9ja na scam.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by WantsandMore: 8:02am On Dec 29, 2020
Yseone:

wasted years.
spits
Lol. Why you come dey bitter like Alomo
Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 8:03am On Dec 29, 2020
Donspicey:
Akwa ibom na better country ooooo......

Cool atmosphere and fine fine short short girlss...
u can notice wella... short short girls

1 Like

Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by Dagrace01(m): 8:03am On Dec 29, 2020
Benin Republic..
Schooled there, went there in 2010 and it cost me less that 1k naira to get there..
Travelled to and fro in space of 4 and half years, I also visited on different after graduating on different occasions till now.
Visited Nigerian embassy to Benin Rep, visited their National assembly, Biblioteque National (national library), broke their law by playing football at man bowl of their national stadium alongside fellow Nigerian students (thoough we were chased out by Gendarmes when we are about to round up), Watched as Nigeria won the 2012 African athletics championship with pride as I we sang to our national anthem.
Lived in their capital (Porto Novo) in places like Agbokou, Adjina, Avakpar etc..
Was able to learn a little french, club numerously in both Cotonou and Porto Novo, visited some of their beaches (Havannah and Littoral plage etc), had some escapades with their big tittted girls..

Visited Ghana on a field trip from school in 2012, Accra precisely, spent less than a week, we chattered a bus so I can't say the precise amount that got us there.

Went clubbing in Togo (Lome) sometime around 2013 or so.. Cost a thousand plus from Benin republic (Mille franc +)

2 Likes

Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by Exmilitant(m): 8:03am On Dec 29, 2020
Dubai, Israel, South Africa na amnesty carry me go o. Accra, new York, Shanghai, South Korea, Hong Kong na business carry me go o. Recently Cameroun, Sao Tome and Principe, Kotonou, Abidjan, na jas carry me go o.
Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by olujastro: 8:03am On Dec 29, 2020
kingsolomonjnr01:

u must be a tourist... remaining Asia
Yeah. I love travelling.

Travelling is the best form of education one can get about a place, the people, their mentality, culture, climate, standard of living, etc. The actual experience is always better than reading a thousand magazines about a place.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Country Have You Visited In The Last Decade? by Sheriman(m): 8:04am On Dec 29, 2020
2019: Biafra
I spent N10000 from Lagos to Biafra

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aviation Security To Start Carrying Arms In Nigeria / Abuja Airpot Runway 96% Ready, Re-opens Next Week Wednesday -Hadi Sirika / 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.