Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,302 members, 7,850,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:51 PM

Bill Gates Wonders Why Numbers Of Cases, Deaths Are Not High In Africa - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Bill Gates Wonders Why Numbers Of Cases, Deaths Are Not High In Africa (233 Views)

Chike Nmerukini 40th Birthday Celebration Rated Very High In Port Harcourt / Bill Gates: We Need A Team Of 3,000 Infectious Disease Experts To Fight The Next / Two Brothers To Be Buried The Same Day After Their Deaths In Imo State. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bill Gates Wonders Why Numbers Of Cases, Deaths Are Not High In Africa by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 28, 2020
Agency Reporter

Bill Gates, a co-founder of Microsoft and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), has said he does not understand why coronavirus numbers have not been as high as predicted in Africa.

Recall that Gates and his wife, Melinda, had in more than one occasion, warned that there will be dead bodies all over the streets of Africa if the world does not act fast enough.

Melinda said her heart was in Africa, adding that she is worried that the continent might not be able to handle the devastating effect of the virus.

But in his end of the year note, Bill said he was happy his prediction about Africa has not happened, “One thing I’m happy to have been wrong about—at least, I hope I was wrong—is my fear that Covid-19 would run rampant in low-income countries. So far, this hasn’t been true,” he wrote.

In most of sub-Saharan Africa, for example, case rates and death rates remain much lower than in the U.S. or Europe and on par with New Zealand, which has received so much attention for its handling of the virus.

“The hardest-hit country on the continent is South Africa—but even there, the case rate is 40 percent lower than in the US, and the death rate is nearly 50 percent lower.

“We don’t have enough data yet to understand why the numbers aren’t as high as I worried they would get — but gave probable reasons Africa was not as affected as expected.”

Meanwhile, Nigeria is currently fighting the second wave of the coronavirus.

The Presidential Task Force on Covid-19 had last week announced a second wave of the dreaded virus.

The Federal Government on Tuesday directed civil servants from grade level 12 and below to stay at home.

They are to remain at home for five weeks following the second wave of the Covid-19 disease in Nigeria.

Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC, on Friday stated that Covid-19 related deaths now stand at 1,246.

Nigeria currently has a total of 82,747 confirmed cases in the country.
https://thenationonlineng.net/bill-gates-wonders-why-numbers-of-cases-deaths-are-not-high-in-africa/

Re: Bill Gates Wonders Why Numbers Of Cases, Deaths Are Not High In Africa by MightySparrow: 2:59pm On Dec 28, 2020
We are God's own children, though we are careless. Mercy speaks.

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Wonders Why Numbers Of Cases, Deaths Are Not High In Africa by Kepler453: 3:03pm On Dec 28, 2020
No virus in Nigeria in Africa sef. Just thieves cooking up figures

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Wonders Why Numbers Of Cases, Deaths Are Not High In Africa by DonFreshmoney(m): 3:04pm On Dec 28, 2020
Am beginning to suspect bill gate and his wife
Re: Bill Gates Wonders Why Numbers Of Cases, Deaths Are Not High In Africa by Kingosytex(m): 3:06pm On Dec 28, 2020
Bill Gates and his prophets of baal are in for a long ride.

They are doomed.
Re: Bill Gates Wonders Why Numbers Of Cases, Deaths Are Not High In Africa by Kamdil: 3:09pm On Dec 28, 2020
Bill gate doesn't understand that Covid-19 is for the western countries and not for Africa,just as malaria is for Africa and not for the western world.

Even the low cases recorded are cooked up and not the real figure been brandished around by this money mongers in Nigeria.

Until people start dying in mass in Kogi state due to this virus,I won't take NCDC serious.

(1) (Reply)

Hunger Games: The Online Scavenger Hunt. Win Free Cash Prize / Shatta Wale Wins Big At 39th IRAWMA AWARDS / The Prodigal Mix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.