Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,394 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) (8976 Views)

Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire AYC 2015 (2 - 2) On 14th March, 2015 / Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs / CAN U-17: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire (0 - 1) On Wednesday 17-April-2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by pie1ect(m): 4:15pm On Feb 07, 2006
The technical crew have their own share of the blame, but Eguaveon did not tell the players to play like lame ducks.

**Martins (who has been touted to high heavens for his speed) could not win a single race against the CIV defenders.
**Taye Taiwo dey play like say them tell am to "shoot at sight".
**Joseph E.., that guy is not national team standard at all.
**Odiah, Oh my Gosh. The full-backs were all over the place.

Everybody on that pitch today was awful, maybe apart from Mikel.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by LoverBwoy(m): 4:18pm On Feb 07, 2006
I commend the Ivory Coast Team they knew what to do they played WELL smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by Zizi(f): 4:22pm On Feb 07, 2006
Well, I think coach Austin was a bit over ambitious with his selection today. He had no business playing kaita and Osaze today. I wonder why he started Kanu today. If Okocha was fit he should have started him and probably brought Mikel in in the second half. Gosh am sooooooooooooooooooooo down spirited.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by Akolawole(m): 4:22pm On Feb 07, 2006
No boyish attitude(eg Osaze,Nsofor)
No Paper Striker( e.g Makinwa and Martins)
They fought to the final whistle
Father figure in Drogba
Play more as a team

They deserve to qualify for the final.

What do you think?
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by prettyH(f): 4:30pm On Feb 07, 2006
Nija see how u guys are finishing the boys as if these same weaknesses have not been prevalent through out the competition.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by pie1ect(m): 4:31pm On Feb 07, 2006
Definitely, but I'd still say we were the more awful of two colourless teams.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by africanboy(m): 4:35pm On Feb 07, 2006
what a shame! i mean all the people having heart attack over football. i dont like football. except when it is a pc game.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by demmy(m): 4:36pm On Feb 07, 2006
Yep they had more urgency than us. Great win for them. Abidjan is on fire as of the moment. We really didn't realized we should score until it was too late.

I guess we're doomed to eternal 3rd place embarassed
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by bolaoni(m): 4:41pm On Feb 07, 2006
prettyH:

Nija see how u guys are finishing the boys as if theses same weaknesses have not been prevalent through out the competition.

Thank you Pretty. I wonder at times what is wrong with us as a nation. We celebrate mediocrity to high heavens until we get disappointed. It was very obvious that our stay in the ACN is jus a matter of time, yet we carried on as if all was well. I was just watching where this will take us and as today seem to be that D-Day. tongue

A more productive Cameroun couldn't beat CIV how much more our disorganised team. Come to think of it, did we even have any biz playing in this stage of the competition? Look at the manner our boys were playing! As if there was nothing t stake. A gmae we started on a poor note and couldn't even raise the tempo at all. Cameroun's game against CIV wasn't that interesting but today's own is WORST!

God will help us sha
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by demmy(m): 4:48pm On Feb 07, 2006
I don't blame Eguavon he tried his best. The Eagles need a super coach. I've said it before and will say it again the Eagles need a good foreign coach. We have talents but not enough if we can't properly use them.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by otokx(m): 5:25pm On Feb 07, 2006
it was a hopeless situation. a nightmare in broad daylight
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by Akolawole(m): 5:27pm On Feb 07, 2006
@Pie1ect
Finish eating my big eba now.The first time in history that i will eat when Eagles lose.
We did not deserve qualification.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by otokx(m): 5:31pm On Feb 07, 2006
i was a case of dead men playing football...
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by otokx(m): 5:34pm On Feb 07, 2006
siasia i know but eguavon... i am trying to remember what he did that earned him that position
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by Akolawole(m): 5:38pm On Feb 07, 2006
prettyH:

Nija see how u guys are finishing the boys as if theses same weaknesses have not been prevalent through out the competition.
We know there is plenty of problems.
God has done his bit but the players play rubbish today.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by adeore(f): 5:55pm On Feb 07, 2006
Is the coach he did't select well kanu and mikel are suppose to play for 1st half while okocah and utaka play in 2nd half
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by yomflo(m): 6:15pm On Feb 07, 2006
OOOOhh The Pain!! Nigeria Lost to Cote de voire
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by luridguy(m): 6:21pm On Feb 07, 2006
first i don't believe........ its hard to believe its the same team that played tunisa .....................wetin.... like say them put cement for the boot of those players.they seemed to be runing from the ball they could not move...................i think obodo would have been better  than that sorry excuse for a midfield defender kaita.................the way the match even started it was like a friendly match i am watching the second semifinal and it has started in such a lively form the niger tunisa match was more fit for a final we did not play well at all nor did ivory coast drobga should be proud of his offside goal against a nigerian team that was palying as if they where training ..................i really think the coach made a really bad first team selction should have satyed with the winning team kanu plays better off the bench he seems to get tired easily and for God sake was he attacking defending of playing midfield today..............did utaka die that they had to start that albino that was just runing like fish in water...........well all i can say is we have to many silver and bronze its really not fair but this a good team for the future okocha well done and i hope he has a great life he has done his path kaita go to enymba so they will teach you how to play taiwo you need cain serious beating mikel great future kanu papilo well done at least you scored a penalty odenwinge ...............i will only hiss at u..............right now am to depressed to.............. embarassed tongue cry
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by adeore(f): 6:25pm On Feb 07, 2006
Is the coach did not select well kanu and mikel are suppose to play for 2nd half while okocah and utaka play in 1st half
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by otokx(m): 6:40pm On Feb 07, 2006
the players were simply not it today; guess they were waiting for some supernatural intervention.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by Ceekay(m): 6:49pm On Feb 07, 2006
Answer the question below... Coach Austin Eguaveon should be: (A) Fired with pay (B) Fired without pay (C) Retired (D) Sacked
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by naijababy: 7:23pm On Feb 07, 2006
I can't believe it....why is Okocha not playing more time?....for God sake na be his last tournament for Nigeria. He better start next game or we should just find a hole and crawl in it...because Nigeria reputation dey soffa o ! Eguaoven..pls oko iya mi....i beg please put Okocha full time for one last time.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by pearlrocks(m): 7:45pm On Feb 07, 2006
The Ivory Coast secured their place in Friday's final of the African Cup of Nations after a 1-0 victory over Nigeria in Alexandria on Tuesday.

In a less-than-magical semi-final at the Harras El-Hedod stadium, Didier Drogba's 47th-minute goal exposed the Super Eagles' revival as nothing more than a false dawn.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:19pm On Feb 07, 2006
Unfortunately my prediction was correct....I said the team that would hoist the cup would be the winner of cameroon/ivory coast angry angry
Im still keen on my prediction
Just sucks they it had to be Nigeria in the semi's tho..
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by Greatpeter(m): 9:58pm On Feb 07, 2006
Super eagles are not Super today.
They Played like pregnant women tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by bagoma(f): 10:14pm On Feb 07, 2006
ha ha ha ha, you guys sure brings humour to a very dry day!
i  don laugh tire. cheesy cheesy cheesy
@ otokx,
u say u can't figure out what Egueavon did to earn his position? that cracked me up  grin

@ everyone,
lets just say today was an off day for the super eagles. huh they played so awfully.
i know nigerians will remain nigerians, am not surprised we are calling for heads.
abeg make we take am like that. we win some, we lose some.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by bagoma(f): 10:23pm On Feb 07, 2006
this certainly isnt as worse as missing out in the world cup. SO?......
no skin pain my people.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by nicetohave(m): 11:15pm On Feb 07, 2006
I hate super eagles, i hate eguavon even more and i hate NFA most............buhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by nicetohave(m): 11:19pm On Feb 07, 2006
sack eguavon with pay

sack eguavon without pay

retire him

fire him

kill him

whatever you do to him is not my problem, i cant function now................................what is wrong with our super eagles? God i need to strangle somebody for this loss o!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by medube(m): 11:53pm On Feb 07, 2006
Well what can I say that you all havent said. The Super Eagles tried but I do not believe they put in their all as in previous matches.

Secondly, though I regret it was done at the expense of the Nigerian Super Eagles, but Im happy that Ivory Coast won and are going to finals. For the sake of God let one African team going to the worl cup give the other foreign nations a scare. And when you think of it, Ivory Coast is in the Group Of Death in Germany with Argentina & Holland so they better have their act together from now and I believe they will win the cup.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by buckeye(m): 11:59pm On Feb 07, 2006
Dont yall think senegal should be awarded a penalty in their game agains Egypt?
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by nicetohave(m): 12:02am On Feb 08, 2006
I think Egypt already has this one in the bag

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Plentypass - Best For Football Live Streaming / Reliable Football Betting Tips... 7 Days Free Trial! / Football Pools Coupon Week 20 out - Ablefast.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.