Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) (8979 Views)

Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire AYC 2015 (2 - 2) On 14th March, 2015 / Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs / CAN U-17: Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire (0 - 1) On Wednesday 17-April-2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by Akolawole(m): 1:50am On Feb 08, 2006
naijababy:

I can't believe it.why is Okocha not playing more time?....for God sake na be his last tournament for Nigeria. He better start next game or we should just find a hole and crawl in it...because Nigeria reputation dey soffa o ! Eguaoven..please oko iya mi.i beg please put Okocha full time for one last time.

Okocha ko ! Okocha ni !
We lost so many balls in the midfield because they were looking to pass to him at all cost

Ceekay:

Answer the question below... Coach Austin Eguaveon should be: (A) Fired with pay (B) Fired without pay (C) Retired (D) Sacked

None of your options is good, Eguavon is alright but what business is Amokachi doing there?
Is it Siasia that force the flying eagles trio on chief coach? Mikel is alright, others are yeye

buckeye:

Dont yall think senegal should be awarded a penalty in their game agains Egypt?

Yes, Senegal got a clear penalty even Drogba's goal against us looks dodgy.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by buckeye(m): 8:03am On Feb 08, 2006
Akolawole:

Yes, Senegal got a clear penalty even Drogba's goal against us looks dodgy.

yes, the goal looks dodgy but we still didnt play well. it would have been better if we played as well as they did.

Kudos to the Ivorians, i wish them luck in the world cup.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by bagoma(f): 9:45pm On Feb 08, 2006
i'm still extremely baffled as to what went wrong, been brainstorming all day and then it suddenly hit me.
the super eagles couldnt have played like that with their "clear eyes" cool
something definitely went wrong, something that isnt very clear in broad daylight but....

perhaps cote de voire jazz them! cheesy grin grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by Akolawole(m): 10:38pm On Feb 08, 2006
bagoma:

perhaps cote de voire jazz them! cheesy grin grin cheesy grin

They used to use juju, they don change.

buckeye:

Not yet world cup, they must win nations cup for west africa cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by IvoryCoast: 2:23am On Feb 09, 2006
tongue cool Now "Wat " ? ( not what ).
We won . See yaah! tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by buckeye(m): 7:25am On Feb 09, 2006
Akolawole:

Not yet world cup, they must win nations cup for west africa cool

if they can play as much as they played against us, they'll deff win it.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by anobscase(m): 12:28pm On Feb 09, 2006
So u expected the eagles to deliver that must be the joke of the century
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by kechy(f): 3:52pm On Feb 09, 2006
anobscase:

So u expected the eagles to deliver that must be the joke of the century

You're saying this because they lost, if they had won, you'd have kept mum.
All the while they were winning their previous matches, you never complained.
With all the negative politics going on within the NFA, the Eagles tried, it's only a pity that they didnt go beyond the semi final.

Anyway, I wish the Ivorians good luck. I'm glad that they are doing well considering the fact that they'll represent Africa at the world cup.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by anobscase(m): 4:47pm On Feb 09, 2006
i knew we`re not gonna come back with the trophy cos we didnt prepare well.But as a good soccer fan i have to support my country anytime.whether good or bad
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by Cap(m): 11:39am On Feb 10, 2006
The problem, as usual is poor long-term planning. Not just for this event, but for the World Cup qualifiers as well. Rather than just thinking of winning the next match all the time, they need to think four years ahead and plan for it.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by nicetohave(m): 1:44pm On Feb 10, 2006
IvoryCoast:

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

this is the kind of thing that wont let the hurt go away in a hurry o, imagine ivorycoast i cant even remember the last they beat us........oh yes i remember, 1994 world cup qualifier in abidjan, anyway sha God dey sad
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by bagoma(f): 9:51pm On Feb 10, 2006
God de true true, now is their own turn to taste of defeat.
wherever, ivorycoast is now, he sure wont be pulling his tongue out!

IvoryCoast:

although a lot of people my end wanted them to win sha, but not me!
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by nicetohave(m): 11:20pm On Feb 10, 2006
bagoma:

we have the same spirit then cool now let him come and stick out that tongue oh his i guess its glued to his cheeks now cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by prettyH(f): 1:32am On Feb 11, 2006
See them sore losers ...at least ivory coast reached the finals unlike Nigeria that has been relegated to perpetual third place.

bagoma:

nicetohave:

we have the same spirit then cool now let him come and stick out that tongue oh his i guess its glued to his cheeks now cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by buckeye(m): 8:45am On Feb 11, 2006
buckeye:

yes, the goal looks dodgy but we still didnt play well. it would have been better if we played as well as they did.

buckeye:

if they can play as much as they played against us, they'll deff win it.

it is sad the ivorians didnt win it. all i can say is the tournament was full of bad officiating and something has to be done about it.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by Akolawole(m): 6:54pm On Feb 11, 2006
buckeye:

it is sad the ivorians didnt win it. all i can say is the tournament was full of bad officiating and something has to be done about it.

I pity the Ivorians but if you want to see first class bad officiating, please recall Maroc '88 where Henry Nwosu scored a very very good but disallowed goal.
Camerounians and North africans always get assistance from Referees anyway.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by prettyH(f): 8:34pm On Feb 11, 2006
Akolawole:

I pity the Ivorians but if you want to see first class bad officiating, please recall Maroc '88 where Henry Nwosu scored a very very good but disallowed goal.

True i totally support your notion of North African refs cheating to put their teams through.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by buckeye(m): 12:46am On Feb 12, 2006
Akolawole:

Kola this is 2006, it shouldnt be compared to 18 years ago when african refs were not recognised in world football. what the hell are they getting trained for ?

this particular tournament has little or nothing to do with north africans or Cameroun...the same thing happened in the Nig/Ivory coast's game and others games like that.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by nicetohave(m): 11:26pm On Feb 16, 2006
Training or no, ojoro will never be erased from football, white man dey do am so why not north africans. How do you think our under 21 lost to argentina last year? abegi bad officiating is a part of our loss to CIV and it shall remain till Jesus comes
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by bagoma(f): 7:52pm On Feb 18, 2006
bad officiating will always be in football as long as referee's decision is final
and always they hide under the term "ref"s are only human, therefore mistakes are inevitable".
so it means one is not able to tell whether na human error or "na bad belle" deliberate/calculated attempt to deny/help another team.

but then again what will football be like if electronic devices is introduced into the game?
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by buckeye(m): 9:31pm On Feb 18, 2006
so it means one is not able to tell whether na human error or "na bad belle" deliberate/calculated attempt to deny/help another team.

In some cases, u can tell if it is "bad belle" officiating or a mistake,but we can't do nothing about it  becuase the refree's decision  is final, and that sucks.

but then again what will football be like if electronic devices is introduced into the game?

i think it would be great, i mean like to be able to watch the instant replay of any controversial action and make jugement based on the review,and not until after the game.

How do you think our under 21 lost to argentina last year? abegi bad officiating is a part of our loss to CIV and it shall remain till Jesus comes

true.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by nicetohave(m): 5:25am On Mar 05, 2006
Im hearing rumors that CIV might withdraw from the world cup due to war in the country, i hope Nigeria will replace them if they make that move, abi what ya all think?
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by Akolawole(m): 8:08pm On Mar 05, 2006
Rumour! Rumour!! Rumour!!!

Where did you hear that?
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by buckeye(m): 8:12pm On Mar 05, 2006
i read similar news onn BBC but it didnt say anything about backing off the world cup.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by nicetohave(m): 8:27pm On Mar 05, 2006
Akolawole:

Rumour! Rumour!! Rumour!!!

Where did you hear that?

I believe youre sitting behind a computer with internet access. Go on google and read news under fox soccer channel.

If they put unconfirmed news and feed the entire american and cable viewers worldwide unconfirmed news, which we call rumors then its their loss not mine.

buckeye, yes they did mention withdrawal from the world cup if they war continues; again my reference: fox soccer channel
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by Akolawole(m): 8:39pm On Mar 05, 2006
Is Ivory Coast no dey go, na we go go!

Its going to be Etoo and his friends
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by buckeye(m): 8:41pm On Mar 05, 2006
Akolawole:

Is Ivory Coast no dey go, na we go go!

Its going to be Etoo and his friends

thats what i'm thinking.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by nicetohave(m): 8:48pm On Mar 05, 2006
cry cry cry cry cry cry

but we have more points than cameroon now, let them organize a play off joo.

anyway i believe that is just a threat/move by CIV to gain media publicity
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by buckeye(m): 8:52pm On Mar 05, 2006
to be honest, i want CIV to go, i dont think nigeria is prepared enough to go to the world cup. it is better we stay than to go and disgrace the whole continent.

they have till 2010 to get thier heads together.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) by nicetohave(m): 9:00pm On Mar 05, 2006
I agree with you buckeye

2010? hmm, well i hope so sha cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Women's Nations Cup Qualifier: Nigeria VS Ivory Coast At 4pm Today / Football Pools Coupon Week 20 out - Ablefast.com / Plentypass - Best For Football Live Streaming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.