Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,745 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:53 AM

Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves (19934 Views)

Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Obidients To Defend Themselves / Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms / FRSC Officials To Carry Arms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by nedekid: 2:14pm On Dec 29, 2020
chriskosherbal:
Hmmmn let me wait for elders to come and say something.

But wait ooo there is truth in what this man is saying oooo, just that we are not ripe enough for this.

Before person go wake up begin see dead body for front of door or you go begin dodge dead body 4 street dey go office.
So Nigerians are ripe enough to be slaughtered?.
Bros, let every man have the capacity to protect his family and community jare.
As per your rightfull concern of dead bodies on front of door ie misuse of weapons, I don't think it will be that bad because ultimatly there will be mutual respect. You will not go slapping your neigbour etc.
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Yujin(m): 2:19pm On Dec 29, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
They really should.

1) Guns are not cheap nor are bullets.

2) The bad guys already have theirs.

Egun “9mm” Mogaji
Lol. This your new name funny o
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Yujin(m): 2:27pm On Dec 29, 2020
If the Zebra had sharp fangs and saber teeth, the lion will think twice. Evolution in the jungle called Nigeria. Every bas.tard can bleed.
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by John4B: 3:26pm On Dec 29, 2020
is this one making sense?
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by kokomilala(m): 3:40pm On Dec 29, 2020
About time!!! I've been saying this for sometime now.About 195 countries have their citizens carry firearms.But three countries: The US ,Guetamala and Mexico consider it as their citizens' constitutional right to bear arms. And,wait for this:
92 million Americans own guns.
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Lafrresh: 3:41pm On Dec 29, 2020
GREAT IDEA BUT SOME THINGS HAVE TO BE PUT IN PLACE FIRST:

1) NIMC should gather all the necessary information and biometric data properly.THIS IS TO EASILY TRACE CRIMINALS.

2) There should be a relatively higher standard of living.TO REDUCE THE LEVEL OF FRUSTRATION IN THE COUNTRY. FRUSTRATED PEOPLE WOULD MOST LIKELY MISUSE THEIR WEAPONS

3) Efficient police force and well functioning CCTV cameras TO CATCH CRIMINALS EASILY

AFTER DOING ALL THESE THEN WE CAN SAY WE ARE READY
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by lanchy: 4:04pm On Dec 29, 2020
Nigeria will never allow it, an armed citizen will be able to protect himself against criminals and corrupt government officials alike, it it the former part they fear!
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by tnerro1(m): 4:07pm On Dec 29, 2020
Dedetwo:

It good for home defense act however your trouble of terror does not only meet at home. I like Self Defense Act better than home.

Self defense act means you can take your guns any where to defend yourself, but with the current rate of frustration in Nigeria presently, I fear oo, just imagine we had the self defense act during the Endsars protest, it would have been bloody
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Originalsly: 4:40pm On Dec 29, 2020
nairavsdollars:

I fully support this. Let each community defend themselves. Even in Abuja, when you complain to police now, they don't respond on time

Crime will increase... and so will killings. If everyone is armed.... why would a robber risk giving the victim a chance to reach for a gun to defend himself? It will be shoot first rob later.
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Lighthammer(m): 4:49pm On Dec 29, 2020
Well that would be good
for pistols just give me
Desert eagle 44 magnum and
smith%wesson 357
with hollow tips bullet for controlled penetration...and they are more accurate and predictable
2:for assault rifle
just gimme the ak 103 with lots of ammo
3:shotgun just gimme the benelli m4.....
then am good to go
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by angelEmade: 4:56pm On Dec 29, 2020
PopSmoke:
I will so much love this

I have one already though, it would just be nice to carry it around legally
my guy, be careful what you say here...Lai and his mumu cohorts won't like this
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by EMMY76: 5:20pm On Dec 29, 2020
Hypocrite how can u absolve buhari from all the insecurity in Nigeria?
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by charlesucheh(m): 5:36pm On Dec 29, 2020
As in like America

No nah! Nigerians are too angry!

we get Angry at the slightest provocation and excessive force is always hard not to be in use for us when times like that comes...

let's wait till when the economy is a little bit stable, then we can start advocating for such! but as of Now, Boys dey natural PARA! adding gun will result to Anarchy at the highest order even if it will be licensed and allowed to follow due process...
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Coinbased: 5:37pm On Dec 29, 2020
Best advice

You can control it by real identification and verification
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by pquaver(m): 6:26pm On Dec 29, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Dead bodies on the streets. I dont think so. People will only respond when they are attacked by bandits

not true. It is not every one that will be rational to hold guns. It will be used to settle smallest of quarrels sef
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by tundess: 7:12pm On Dec 29, 2020
Sagay is admitting Buhari has failed. Danjuma prescribed same prior and was pilloried.
Buhari has Failed on the single most emotive issue he campaigned against Jonathan with; Security.
A General has failed in his core speciality.
What other failures are there that have been concealed from us, the general public ? We know he has failed on the economy. That is glaring and tangible.
Sagay has played the part of confusionist in this admin well, particularly wrt to legal issues, doing legal gymnastics to disguise distortions of precedent by Malami.
But, he's still there, collecting Lucre and now making pronouncements for the sake of "prosperity".
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Henri8: 8:35pm On Dec 29, 2020
Ha! Prof. wants to instigate "revolution and coup".

-Northerners and Muric.
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by bamite(m): 2:30am On Dec 30, 2020
LZAA:
APCheat have failed woefully in all aspects yet will still praise their stunning failures and blame ipob
Wahala dey o grin
Cc imhotep greenback sarrki

Go back to the baby factory you were produced for full compensation, because you no follow at all.
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Nobody: 3:44am On Dec 30, 2020
LZAA:
APCheat have failed woefully in all aspects yet yarimo,bamite and omenka will still praise their stunning failures and blame ipob
Wahala dey o grin
Cc afamed greenback sarrki
Buhari Govt has deceived Nigerians --- Cardinal Onaiyekan

http://saharareporters.com/2020/12/28/nigerians-are-consistently-deceived-buhari-government-%E2%80%93-cardinal-onaiyekan

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 30, 2020
A good suggestion but the first one year go dey very bloody as everyone will go haywire..but with time Nigerians will learn how to manage anger and emotion with guns.It will benefit Nigerians in the long run. Everyone will mind his business,no one can threaten anyone with a gun again, Kidnapping and banditry will be drastically reduced,even police bribe go stop for checkpoints etc
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by nams77: 6:08pm On Dec 30, 2020
dynicks:
Nigerians that over react at any slight provocation......aswear the country go scatter!!...
..our level of resistance and tolerance from this part of the globe is way below par!!

With the level of hardship currently being experienced in the country right now, imagine guns in the hands of psychopaths or peeps with the intents to commit suicide; ofcourse most wouldn't wanna go down alone...

Imagine scenarios like ..you bashed my car!! Do you know who I am!?...Tah Tah!! Person don kill person....

Guy how dare you!...u went behind my back and snitched on me!..ND not just that, u had the nerve to bed my girl!?...Tah Tah! Person don kill person..

Guy bashes into his house and finds his wife in bed with another guy....Tah Tah!! Person don kill person....

At the ATM...Guy I was here before you; u dey mad!?...I didn't see anyone here when I came...na me u dey;...u dey craze ni...Tah Tah! Person don kill person...

Thief thief!! Catch that guy!...he stole 5 cubes of maggi and one tin tomato...Tah Tah!! Person don kill person....

Na for inside club the matter go worse sef especially when wire boys go wan challenge themselves....waiter turn of the light;...waiter leave the light on...how dare u challenge me!?...do u know who I am?..Tah Tah person don port go the other side...

Ladies matter go sky rocket as per the level of jealousy amongst themselves eh!....

Just imagine what played out at ghana between davido and BURNA boy!...pride no go just let person reason well....unlease guns into the hands of people and watch the country go on self destruct!.....imagine guns in the hands of SIMPS or peeps that are too EMOTIONAL....

Make I stop to dey imagine Sha and be of hope that things wouldn't turn for the worst!
Your examples cracked me up grin

Lord know I for don tear shots follow some people sef. grin
Especially the hausa-fulani guy wey carry my phone run grin
Just kidding. I am too sane for that.

But if you trespass my house or kill any member of my family, Just go say your last prayer because you already have a black mamba in your pants. No joke. cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Igboho’s Trial: FG May Threaten Economic Sanctions Against Benin Republic / Soludority Match For Soludo Over Appeal Court Judgement(photos) / Massob Members Killed In Onitsha (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.