Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,512 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves (19690 Views)

Babatunde Gbadamosi Asks Obidients To Defend Themselves / Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms / FRSC Officials To Carry Arms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by limeta(f): 11:21am On Dec 29, 2020
I am not a sociologist but the way I see it, it is society developing in the wrong direction. It has nothing to do with the gov­ernment

Imagine this
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by kayjay69(m): 11:22am On Dec 29, 2020
If you people recall, shortly as Buhari assumed power, he instructed the Nigeria Police Force to stop issuing gun permits and to retrieve all existing gun permits.

Till this day, no one understands the rationale behind this move, legal gun owners never posed an existential threat to anyone in the country. Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and a handful of others said there were sinister motives behind this move, no one paid any mind, it was promptly dismissed as a conspiracy theory.

As much as I do not agree with alot of Mr Kanu's messages, I think he got it right in this regard. Fulani herdsmen have accelerated their attacks on farmer communities across the country and they have operated with wanton recklessness and freehand. And the message from Aso Rock has been...

Given our history of mistrust, I have long advocated for legal gun ownership. All the right mental and background checks should be carried out and people should have a right to small fire arms for their own protection. It is clear all of our security apparatus have failed woefully at securing lives of the average nigerian and it will not get better anytime soon sorry.

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 29, 2020
chriskosherbal:
Hmmmn let me wait for elders to come and say something.

But wait ooo there is truth in what this man is saying oooo, just that we are not ripe enough for this.

Before person go wake up begin see dead body for front of door or you go begin dodge dead body 4 street dey go office.

I swear, the sight still haunt me till now, and everything just dey smell to me like roasted meat.

Was going out this morning and the gory sight that had to greet me was a man that was burnt on the road, definitely by the resident of that area, definitely as a result of thievery accusation.

This is quite wrong, and no law enforcement as gone to clear the mess, at around after 8.
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by tnerro1(m): 11:23am On Dec 29, 2020
They should pass a law called the home defense act, were by citizens are allowed to carry guns for the defense of their homes. These guns would be for only the defense of your homes in case of attack. Use of the guns outside the defense of your home , you would have to be brought before a judge to show cause why you should not be jailed. This will solve a lot of issues concerning security

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Rebuke: 11:24am On Dec 29, 2020
dynicks:
Nigerians that over react at any slight provocation......aswear the country go scatter!!...
..our level of resistance and tolerance from this part of the globe is way below par!!

With the level of hardship currently being experienced in the country right now, imagine guns in the hands of psychopaths or peeps with the intents to commit suicide; ofcourse most wouldn't wanna go down alone...

Imagine scenarios like ..you bashed my car!! Do you know who I am!?...Tah Tah!! Person don kill person....

Guy how dare you!...u went behind my back and snitched on me!..ND not just that, u had the nerve to bed my girl!?...Tah Tah! Person don kill person..

Guy bashes into his house and finds his wife in bed with another guy....Tah Tah!! Person don kill person....

At the ATM...Guy I was here before you; u dey mad!?...I didn't see anyone here when I came...na me u dey;...u dey craze ni...Tah Tah! Person don kill person...

Thief thief!! Catch that guy!...he stole 5 cubes of maggi and one tin tomato...Tah Tah!! Person don kill person....

Na for inside club the matter go worse sef especially when wire boys go wan challenge themselves....waiter turn of the light;...waiter leave the light on...how dare u challenge me!?...do u know who I am?..Tah Tah person don port go the other side...

Ladies matter go sky rocket as per the level of jealousy amongst themselves eh!....

Just imagine what played out at ghana between davido and BURNA boy!...pride no go just let person reason well....unlease guns into the hands of people and watch the country go on self destruct!.....imagine guns in the hands of SIMPS or peeps that are too EMOTIONAL....

Make I stop to dey imagine Sha and be of hope that things wouldn't turn for the worst!

Bros, forget jaw. Na yhu wey dey think am that way.

Most of these guys yhu see robbing and kinapping are doing so because they know how defenseless Nigerians are.

As a matter of fact, their guns are usually their strength, that's why whenever they are caught yhu see them begging profusely not to be killed....most of them won't dare yhu if they know yhu have equal weapons.

Imagine knowing that if yhu force yhur self into anyone with a gun - yhu will be resisted with a bigger or more dangerous weapons. Yhu go think twice na.

Guy, at this point eh, forget the story abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by brownemmanuel43(m): 11:24am On Dec 29, 2020
dynicks:
Nigerians that over react at any slight provocation......aswear the country go scatter!!...
..our level of resistance and tolerance from this part of the globe is way below par!!

With the level of hardship currently being experienced in the country right now, imagine guns in the hands of psychopaths or peeps with the intents to commit suicide; ofcourse most wouldn't wanna go down alone...

Imagine scenarios like ..you bashed my car!! Do you know who I am!?...Tah Tah!! Person don kill person....

Guy how dare you!...u went behind my back and snitched on me!..ND not just that, u had the nerve to bed my girl!?...Tah Tah! Person don kill person..

Guy bashes into his house and finds his wife in bed with another guy....Tah Tah!! Person don kill person....

At the ATM...Guy I was here before you; u dey mad!?...I didn't see anyone here when I came...na me u dey;...u dey craze ni...Tah Tah! Person don kill person...

Thief thief!! Catch that guy!...he stole 5 cubes of maggi and one tin tomato...Tah Tah!! Person don kill person....

Na for inside club the matter go worse sef especially when wire boys go wan challenge themselves....waiter turn of the light;...waiter leave the light on...how dare u challenge me!?...do u know who I am?..Tah Tah person don port go the other side...

Ladies matter go sky rocket as per the level of jealousy amongst themselves eh!....

Just imagine what played out at ghana between davido and BURNA boy!...pride no go just let person reason well....unlease guns into the hands of people and watch the country go on self destruct!.....imagine guns in the hands of SIMPS or peeps that are too EMOTIONAL....

Make I stop to dey imagine Sha and be of hope that things wouldn't turn for the worst!
Na mehnnnnnn, what's the name of that picture movie
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by NofiuFade(m): 11:28am On Dec 29, 2020
Rubbish, Nigerians never reach that level Abeg! Educate our youths to world standard level first, personally I run survay and what I found out, we still have a along way to go! grin Nigerians, carry arms Make una no try am oO

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 29, 2020
baggioni:

As at this moment, "cowards Fulani" could be your main concern, later you will notice your neighbors, friends and even your spouse will be your greatest threat once everyone has access to gun.
Be careful of what you wish for.
You have a point tho but wahala no dey finish for life and as the right organization nor fit handle the crisis again wetin we go come do na?
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by ceejay80s(m): 11:35am On Dec 29, 2020
nairavsdollars:
I fully support this. Let each community defend themselves. Even in Abuja, when you complain to police now, they don't respond on time
Since 1960 they have never responded on time
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Germi9: 11:41am On Dec 29, 2020
Wow!!! i wonder what its going to look like carrying guns and ammunitions with me legally..Buhari what are u waiting for??
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by cvlogic: 11:47am On Dec 29, 2020
The solution is not to arm more Nigerian with guns it will cause more harm than good. Nigeria is too divided and there's a lot of bad blood in this country. Instead I encourage our security forces to sit up and do their jobs
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by cmecproblem(m): 11:48am On Dec 29, 2020
A SAN made this comment? Seriously?
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by frog12: 12:01pm On Dec 29, 2020
now I am convinced Sagay should retired permanently. he will only pour petrol on fire. he should advise government to find competent people in the police and military grin grin grin
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Scamperlee(m): 12:13pm On Dec 29, 2020
I still don't understand why some of our leaders reason like mosquito. This one said citizens should be carrying arms all around.
Why can't you think about the consequences.
A jobless citizen that is looking for a way to obtain gun before to do his/her evil things will now see channel.
Ordinary quarrel between youths that brings about using stones and sticks to arm themselves will now result to killing with the use of guns.
Nigeria will now turn scatter scatter like Libya

Solutions
Give our security men and women enough training.
Stop using politics to fight insecurity. Either PDP, APC etc, we are one.
Let's us do restructuring.

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Dedetwo(m): 12:14pm On Dec 29, 2020
For the first time in decades, this educated airhead has something good out of his mouth.

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Bizibi(m): 12:26pm On Dec 29, 2020
Racoon:

Does Sagay fully knows the implication of this statement? Thought the APC said Nigeria is not a failed state? So why is a whole prof.Sagay suggesting self arms defense when there are battery of security agencies?

This is still affirming that Buhari have failed in providing security for lives & property.Meaning even the loud & foul mouthed constitutional law expert have seen that Nigerians have been right in calling out the failures of the moribund government.

Let's hear what Lai Mohammed, Femi Adeshina, Garba Shehu, Bashir Ahmed, Lauretta Onochie, Arewa youth ACF, NEF, BMO, MURIC, etc will call Sagay for allegedly exposing another truth about the failure of the present government.

Meanwhile where are the mummified BMC zombies of this forum? Sagay said Bubu should allow all Nigerians carry arms for self defense & protection because the Fulani & BH infested security agencies have failed to secure lives.Last, last all man go get sense by force.
real mummified zombies on this forum!!! Very wicked souls that are only interested in protecting the president image.
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Reference(m): 12:28pm On Dec 29, 2020
Why is he wailing. 'Wailers Incorporated' has been on lockdown since 2016. He should keep his 'palliatives' to himself. He will need it in 2021. There was a time we said, 'a day is coming when even those enjoying the disaster called Nigeria then will beg for restructuring but also is will be too late'.

There is a degree of rot an entity will degenerate to that cannot be reversed. We are at the edge of that. This country will soon become unredeemable no matter the best intentions. But I know there are some who will rather lose all than cede some.
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by nairavsdollars(f): 12:28pm On Dec 29, 2020
"Let the generality of the public be allowed to own weapons, especially in all those villages where they are being massacred. Their men should be given weapons so that when the attackers come, they will also be given a chal­lenge which may discourage them in future" i see nothing wrong in this.
Scamperlee:
I still don't understand why some of our leaders reason like mosquito. This one said citizens should be carrying arms all around.
Why can't you think about the consequences.
A jobless citizen that is looking for a way to obtain gun before to do his/her evil things will now see channel.
Ordinary quarrel between youths that brings about using stones and sticks to arm themselves will now result to killing with the use of guns.
Nigeria will now turn scatter scatter like Libya

Solutions
Give our security men and women enough training.
Stop using politics to fight insecurity. Either PDP, APC etc, we are one.
Let's us do restructuring.
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Jaqenhghar: 12:30pm On Dec 29, 2020
In that shithole? Instead of defending themselves the ordinary citizens will use it to kill and maim each other. If the security forces cant use their weapons to maintain peace , is it ordinary citizens that will do so?

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by toprealman: 12:35pm On Dec 29, 2020
So sense has finally located your brain cells baba... 2021 will be great indeed.
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Hotzone(m): 12:40pm On Dec 29, 2020
I maintain my lane 24/7

Muru anya di ka azu

Mind how u approach me

Metal yafuyafu around where we at

Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by estine17: 12:47pm On Dec 29, 2020
Why is he wailing .Is he just realising that Nigeria is no longer safe.Are they not the ones saying that Nigeria is the safest country in the whole wide world. God will surely judge them for the deplorable manner they are running the affairs of this country, the insecurity and hardship the people are subjected to.
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by nairavsdollars(f): 12:47pm On Dec 29, 2020
in this case of isnecurity, it is dangerous to sit on the fence because one can be the next victim
toprealman:
So sense has finally located your brain cells baba... 2021 will be great indeed.
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by toprealman: 12:51pm On Dec 29, 2020
nairavsdollars:
in this case of isnecurity, it is dangerous to sit on the fence because one can be the next victim
They should continue justifying mediocrity...we are coming.
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by mightyhazel: 12:56pm On Dec 29, 2020
Rebuke:

Bros, forget jaw. Na yhu wey dey think am that way.

Most of these guys yhu see robbing and kinapping are doing so because they know how defenseless Nigerians are.

As a matter of fact, their guns are usually their strength, that's why whenever they are caught yhu see them begging profusely not to be killed....most of them won't dare yhu if they know yhu have equal weapons.

Imagine knowing that if yhu force yhur self into anyone with a gun - yhu will be resisted with a bigger or more dangerous weapons. Yhu go think twice na.

Guy, at this point eh, forget the story abeg.
What is 'yhu' and 'yhur'?
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by DBlackCeazer(m): 1:22pm On Dec 29, 2020
It'll be Naija's biggest mistake!
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Gokoyer0(m): 1:22pm On Dec 29, 2020
They raped 2 girls and shot the wife's leg of a neighbor. They carted away 17.5million after the man of the house have been beaten mercilessly just last month. The man is selling building materials. We were sure they came due to tip off.

You will get the guns licence if you have your money.
If you have around 200-300k naira, you will have a good steel. Insecurities in this country is alarming. One of the best things to have around right now is a gun.

bolaayenimo:
Insecurity: Allow Nigerians Bear Arms To Defend Themselves, Sagay Advises FG

https://www.independent.ng/insecurity-allow-nigerians-bear-arms-to-defend-themselves-sagay-advises-fg/
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Evidenx(m): 1:24pm On Dec 29, 2020
PopSmoke:
I will so much love this

I have one already though, it would just be nice to carry it around legally
guy where u see gun? I need one for self protection,fulani herdsmen don send message to my state commissioner of police say dem wan take over my state,as we speak dem do take over our forest. I need one sharply,this is no joke.
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by frog12: 1:29pm On Dec 29, 2020
of course.

AreaFada2:
The thing is even Sagay is indirectly telling Buhari and APC have failed to secure the country. grin grin cheesy
Chai! I just dey laugh.
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Dedetwo(m): 1:35pm On Dec 29, 2020
tnerro1:
They should pass a law called the home defense act, were by citizens are allowed to carry guns for the defense of their homes. These guns would be for only the defense of your homes in case of attack. Use of the guns outside the defense of your home , you would have to be brought before a judge to show cause why you should not be jailed. This will solve a lot of issues concerning security

It good for home defense act however your trouble of terror does not only meet at home. I like Self Defense Act better than home.
Re: Sagay: Allow Nigerians To Carry Arms To Defend Themselves by Yankee101: 1:59pm On Dec 29, 2020
When beneficiaries of the system begin to complain...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayemi Pays Ekiti Workers Salary Arrears Owed By Fayose / Ondo 2020: PDP Seeks Mimiko’s Support, Lures Him With VP Slot / Multiple Bomb Blast In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.