Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,203 members, 7,818,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

The Endsars Youth Movement Is The Guardian Newspaper Person Of The Year 2020 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Endsars Youth Movement Is The Guardian Newspaper Person Of The Year 2020 (19767 Views)

EndSARS: Youth Reps Pull Out Of Lagos Judicial Panel After Cbn’s Account Freeze / Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers / APC Website Publishes Plagiarised Manifesto - The Guardian Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Endsars Youth Movement Is The Guardian Newspaper Person Of The Year 2020 by Omolomo4eva(m): 10:46am On Dec 29, 2020
Thumbs up to The Guardian newspaper, u r really acting based on your slogan which is what u stand for-Conscience nurtured by truth. This is in line with your ever quotation "Conscience is an open wound, only truth can heal it" Othman Dan Fodio

1 Like

Re: The Endsars Youth Movement Is The Guardian Newspaper Person Of The Year 2020 by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 29, 2020
membranus:

He who does not want to see will forever remains blind.

He who enjoys the status quo at the expense of the unfortunate forgets that one day the pillars of his advancement will be removed and he will fall flat to the ground.

For now enjoy your privileges and position which keeps you blind, but I pray that your blindness will not lead you to a pitfall.

But meanwhile, WE who know the merits of the PEOPLE'S POWER that the #ENDSARS brought to this forsaken nation, WE HAIL the PROTESTERS, BOTH FALLEN AND STANDING.

We shall MEET TO OVERCOME AGAIN in the coming days.

please list the merits and what has changed or will change as a result. Elections have occurred since the protests and you people still went out to vote in these same people. 2023 is round the corner, you will still vote in the same people whether APC or PDP....so what exactly did ENDSARS acheive?

I did not condemn the protesters, if you read with an open mind, i said "nice try"!! I asked what was/will be the end result. The older generation had their protests, infact, student protests in the 70s and 80s was very robust but just like it didnt lead to anything then, I suspect this will not lead to anything.

I am waiting for you to list the merits and changes because I read the other day SWAT (the rebranded SARS unit) just killed a monarch in the east
Re: The Endsars Youth Movement Is The Guardian Newspaper Person Of The Year 2020 by happydays1(m): 11:17am On Dec 29, 2020
Derrylatei:
Nice move.

May while, I render cruise boat services for vacation and relaxation with your love ones and family.
how much, how's the charges?
Re: The Endsars Youth Movement Is The Guardian Newspaper Person Of The Year 2020 by honestpoju: 11:24am On Dec 29, 2020
Derrylatei:
Nice move.

May while, I render cruise boat services for vacation and relaxation with your love ones and family.
Quote prices
Re: The Endsars Youth Movement Is The Guardian Newspaper Person Of The Year 2020 by 12inchess: 12:16pm On Dec 29, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:
Whats the outcome and benefit of the protest but loss of lives and national distability
Someone like you would have been a snitch and assistant of slave traders and herders in the colonial days
Re: The Endsars Youth Movement Is The Guardian Newspaper Person Of The Year 2020 by 12inchess: 12:20pm On Dec 29, 2020
isthatso:

please list the merits and what has changed or will change as a result. Elections have occurred since the protests and you people still went out to vote in these same people. 2023 is round the corner, you will still vote in the same people whether APC or PDP....so what exactly did ENDSARS acheive?

I did not condemn the protesters, if you read with an open mind, i said "nice try"!! I asked what was/will be the end result. The older generation had their protests, infact, student protests in the 70s and 80s was very robust but just like it didnt lead to anything then, I suspect this will not lead to anything.

I am waiting for you to list the merits and changes because I read the other day SWAT (the rebranded SARS unit) just killed a monarch in the east
Nice try. You're trying to look smart but u sound dumb. So because they didn't achieve their aims we shouldn't commend them? I'm sure while these youngsters were fighting for their survival u were on your bed sleeping. It is people like you that will not make the African progress. Just like Akintoye that ratted out his community people to the British.
Re: The Endsars Youth Movement Is The Guardian Newspaper Person Of The Year 2020 by membranus: 12:22pm On Dec 29, 2020
isthatso:

Like I earlier said, you are blind, so how could I convince a blind man to see what he would not see.

Enjoy your blindness.
Re: The Endsars Youth Movement Is The Guardian Newspaper Person Of The Year 2020 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 12:23pm On Dec 29, 2020
12inchess:

Someone like you would have been a snitch and assistant of slave traders and herders in the colonial days
And we gained freedom through protests abi?
Re: The Endsars Youth Movement Is The Guardian Newspaper Person Of The Year 2020 by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 29, 2020
12inchess:

Nice try. You're trying to look smart but u sound dumb. So because they didn't achieve their aims we shouldn't commend them? I'm sure while these youngsters were fighting for their survival u were on your bed slipping. It is people like you that will not make the African progress. Just like Akintoye that ratted out his community people to the British.

You must be a person of uncommonly low intelligence! Where did I condemn them? where did i say dont commend them. do you know what "nice try" means? you are the poorly educated generation AfeBabalola was referring to.

I simply stated that these protests tend to lead to nothing in Nigeria. Any student of Nigerian history over the last 60 years will tell you...in the end nothing is acheived.

I never condemned the protests but the problem with Nigerians is we dont sustain protests. And so long as we dont sustain protests nothing will ever come of them.

You people talk as if ENdsars is the 1st Nigerian protest. the older generation had their protests, there was Ali must go, Frank Kokori shut down the country for months during the military regime, in the end they were all nullified and the older generation learnt just as you will too that if you are not prepared to sustain a protest come what may, no matter the price that you will HAVE TO PAY dont waste your time because you will acheive nothing.

Fela sang about us and the authorities know how to handle us. This is not the western world where you can make change by staging 2 week protests.
Re: The Endsars Youth Movement Is The Guardian Newspaper Person Of The Year 2020 by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 29, 2020
membranus:

Like I earlier said, you are blind, so how could I convince a blind man to see what he would not see.

Enjoy your blindness.

I said list the merits. all this nonsense you are typing is diversionary tactics for a man who cannot back up his talk. you said there are merits, I said list them.

it shouldnt be that hard if there were merits.

lastma still harrassed me for N1000 the other day just for holding my phone (checking google maps) while driving, Police are still killing people. What exactly has changed in society as a result of EndSArs?

1 Like

Re: The Endsars Youth Movement Is The Guardian Newspaper Person Of The Year 2020 by 12inchess: 1:19pm On Dec 29, 2020
isthatso:

[s]You must be a person of uncommonly low intelligence! Where did I condemn them? where did i say dont commend them. do you know what "nice try" means? you are the poorly educated generation AfeBabalola was referring to.[/s]

I simply stated that these protests tend to lead to nothing in Nigeria. Any student of Nigerian history over the last 60 years will tell you...in the end nothing is acheived.

I never condemned the protests but the problem with Nigerians is we dont sustain protests. And so long as we dont sustain protests nothing will ever come of them.

You people talk as if ENdsars is the 1st Nigerian protest. the older generation had their protests, there was Ali must go, Frank Kokori shut down the country for months during the military regime, in the end they were all nullified and the older generation learnt just as you will too that if you are not prepared to sustain a protest come what may, no matter the price that you will HAVE TO PAY dont waste your time because you will acheive nothing.

Fela sang about us and the authorities know how to handle us. This is not the western world where you can make change by staging 2 week protests.
You could have typed what u typed without the insults. You don't even know me.

So why didn't u go out and sustain the protests then when the Military started shooting live ammunitions in LEKKI. If you don't have anything useful to have contributed to the movement. It would have been best that you kept shut. People lost their lives for this shit.
Re: The Endsars Youth Movement Is The Guardian Newspaper Person Of The Year 2020 by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 29, 2020
12inchess:

You could have typed what u typed without the insults. You don't even know me.

So why didn't u go out and sustain the protests then when the Military started shooting live ammunitions in LEKKI. If you don't have anything useful to have contributed to the movement. It would have been best that you kept shut. People lost their lives for this shit.

you must be an imb3cile
remmember this? your 1st sentence was an insult.... if you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen. BTW it is sleeping not slipping. I dont need to know who you are, the manner with which you responded has identified you as a nonentity.
12inchess:

Nice try. You're trying to look smart but u sound dumb. So because they didn't achieve their aims we shouldn't commend them? I'm sure while these youngsters were fighting for their survival u were on your bed slipping. It is people like you that will not make the African progress. Just like Akintoye that ratted out his community people to the British.

I didnt join the protests because I have seen it all before and I now fully understand the Nigerian character, both the citizens and the govt. There is no movement because Nigerians dont have the liver for a movement. it is irresponsible to start a movement for which people allegedly died and then run away.

I dont beleive in Nigeria, it is a lost cause and a failed state we (ALL of US) are useless people and I dont fight for what I dont beleieve in. If I did beleive in a cause, I would be ready to die for it. The difference between me and morons like you and those who start failed protests is that they lead people astray and they dissapear when things get hot..

Like I said I am astudent of history, ENDSARS is not the 1st Nigerian protest. Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeating it.

besides what is your business if I joined the protests? focus more on why you arent sustaining the protests if you beleive so much in it. Typical Nigerian slowpoke!!

I dont want to criticise the protest because I am behind the goal but truth be told it was a poorly organised unintelligently executed. There was more emotion than intelligence behind it. You dont organise a protest in such a way that you open yourself up to government crackdown. Your fathers who protested in Militrary regimes will not have been so naive in a civilian regime.
Re: The Endsars Youth Movement Is The Guardian Newspaper Person Of The Year 2020 by istina: 1:33pm On Dec 29, 2020
isthatso:

Nice try, but ultimately what did they achieve?
Better try than never
Re: The Endsars Youth Movement Is The Guardian Newspaper Person Of The Year 2020 by 12inchess: 1:48pm On Dec 29, 2020
istina:

Better try than never
Hahaha.So out of all the things I typed it's a typo that you point out first. Gtfoh.
Re: The Endsars Youth Movement Is The Guardian Newspaper Person Of The Year 2020 by 12inchess: 1:53pm On Dec 29, 2020
isthatso:

you must be an imb3cile
remmember this? your 1st sentence was an insult.... if you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen. BTW it is sleeping not slipping. I dont need to know who you are, the manner with which you responded has identified you as a nonentity.

I didnt join the protests because I have seen it all before and I now fully understand the Nigerian character, both the citizens and the govt. There is no movement because Nigerians dont have the liver for a movement. it is irresponsible to start a movement for which people allegedly died and then run away.

I dont beleive in Nigeria, it is a lost cause and a failed state we (ALL of US) are useless people and I dont fight for what I dont beleieve in. If I did beleive in a cause, I would be ready to die for it. The difference between me and morons like you and those who start failed protests is that they lead people astray and they dissapear when things get hot..

Like I said I am astudent of history, ENDSARS is not the 1st Nigerian protest. Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeating it.

besides what is your business if I joined the protests? focus more on why you arent sustaining the protests if you beleive so much in it. Typical Nigerian slowpoke!!

All these grandiose talk. Even if Nigeria is a failed state. What have you done to uplift your people who were before the inception of British colony of Nigeria. And if you knew a better way why didn't you do something? It's easy to point accusing fingers and reel out blame when you didn't do anything. Protest don't work. Maybe you may be right but what have you done to change the situation of your own people. It is you that looks like the traitor to me.Making mockery of your people's aspirations while typing from overseas.
Re: The Endsars Youth Movement Is The Guardian Newspaper Person Of The Year 2020 by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 29, 2020
12inchess:

All these grandiose talk. Even if Nigeria is a failed state. What have you done to uplift your people who were before the inception of British colony of Nigeria. And if you knew a better way why didn't you do something? It's easy to point accusing and reel out blame when you didn't do anything. Protest don't work. Maybe you may be right but what have you done to change the situation of your own people. It is you that looks like the traitor to me.Making mockery of your people's aspirations while typing from overseas.
I am in Nigeria. I am responsible for myself. I refuse to waste my energy on Nigeria. When you are serious as a peple you will organise yourselves, until then suffering and oppression is your portion.

LIke I said why are you asking me what I am doing, why dont you do something if Nigeria means that much to you? I told you i have lost hope in Nigeria...it is a failed state and beyond redemption as far as i am concerned!!! The Failed ENDSARS movement just buttresses my stance. To fail to seize such a moment, to mismanage such a moment is a travesty and it sums up Nigeria because if you look back in history, it is the same thing the older generations did. I promise you history will repeat itself. The Endsars generation will lose hope and learn to make the best of it and if Nigeria hasnt collapsed by then, their children will stage their own protests and wonder why the older generation (ENDsars generation) didnt protest.

Nigeria is a dead patient being kept alive by artificial respirator. When the time of death is finally pronounced and the new Nigeria emerges or whatever is left of it, we will see if the people are serious. but I dont waste my time with unserious people or lost causes because when I give my effort to something I give it 100%.

1 Like

Re: The Endsars Youth Movement Is The Guardian Newspaper Person Of The Year 2020 by generationz(f): 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2020
Thank God they didn't use that phony Aisha Yesufu
Re: The Endsars Youth Movement Is The Guardian Newspaper Person Of The Year 2020 by chozzy: 2:36pm On Dec 29, 2020
We move
Re: The Endsars Youth Movement Is The Guardian Newspaper Person Of The Year 2020 by 12inchess: 2:57pm On Dec 29, 2020
isthatso:

I am in Nigeria. I am responsible for myself. I refuse to waste my energy on Nigeria. When you are serious as a peple you will organise yourselves, until then suffering and oppression is your portion.

LIke I said why are you asking me what I am doing, why dont you do something if Nigeria means that much to you? I told you i have lost hope in Nigeria...it is a failed state and beyond redemption as far as i am concerned!!! The Failed ENDSARS movement just buttresses my stance. To fail to seize such a moment, to mismanage such a moment is a travesty and it sums up Nigeria because if you look back in history, it is the same thing the older generations did. I promise you history will repeat itself. The Endsars generation will lose hope and learn to make the best of it and if Nigeria hasnt collapsed by then, their children will stage their own protests and wonder why the older generation (ENDsars generation) didnt protest.

Nigeria is a dead patient being kept alive by artificial respirator. When the time of death is finally pronounced and the new Nigeria emerges or whatever is left of it, we will see if the people are serious. but I dont waste my time with unserious people or lost causes because when I give my effort to something I give it 100%.

Well, the reason I've not done anything is because I'm typing from overseas. grin grin grin grin

But still I wont ridicule the efforts of those who try even if it doesn't get them anywhere. I understand what you're saying. People have been protesting against bad govt since Aba women riot. And of course it hasn't got us anywhere. Nigeria is a failed geographical expression of british colonial masters. The only people that can save Nigeria is Nigerians themselves. We need to seat down and restructure the country if we must co-exist. I mean from the bottom to the top. Restart from the foundation. Even rename the country or rather we can also break up. But going as we have been made is bound to fail.

And as per the EndSars strike proper. You never know what that would spark! You never know. It may not just be over yet. Time will tell.

I FULLY support and encourage all of them. The greatest sin to me is to do nothing.
Re: The Endsars Youth Movement Is The Guardian Newspaper Person Of The Year 2020 by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 29, 2020
12inchess:

Well, the reason I've not done anything is because I'm typing from overseas. grin grin grin grin

who dash you Visa? FYI Lagos and Abuja are not Abroad. Abi you don marry fat old ugly desperate oyinbo woman?
Re: The Endsars Youth Movement Is The Guardian Newspaper Person Of The Year 2020 by biglizzy: 4:12pm On Dec 29, 2020
Re: The Endsars Youth Movement Is The Guardian Newspaper Person Of The Year 2020 by gudugudumeje: 10:09pm On Dec 29, 2020
@TheGiftedOne: you must be the hoodlum and sponsor of the hoodlums Buhari ad APC govts.sponsor thro' agencies lk you... What a pain you are; not a gift...
Re: The Endsars Youth Movement Is The Guardian Newspaper Person Of The Year 2020 by 12inchess: 2:47am On Dec 30, 2020
isthatso:

who dash you Visa? FYI Lagos and Abuja are not Abroad. Abi you don marry fat old ugly desperate oyinbo woman?
Okay?Is that all you've got?
Re: The Endsars Youth Movement Is The Guardian Newspaper Person Of The Year 2020 by Mavrick2012: 7:53am On Dec 30, 2020
Nbotee:
Perfect... For the first time ever the youths were united and spoke in one voice... For the first time ever youths marched together completely forgetting about ethnic and religious sentiments
forget ethnic and religious sentiment? But, northern youths nko?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nominees List Of APC Presidential Campaign Council Unveiled / Tompolo, Pipeline Surveillance And The Limits Of Misleading Information / Nigeria Is Copying The United States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.