Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,869 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Owo Massacre: Why Amotekun Is Yet To Parade Arrested Suspects — Source - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owo Massacre: Why Amotekun Is Yet To Parade Arrested Suspects — Source (19764 Views)

Dele Momodu Appeals To EFCC To Stop Parade Of Arrested Suspects (Photo) / Amotekun Is Unconstitutional - Maigari Dingyadi, Police Affairs Minister / Offa Robbery: Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed Denies Sponsoring Arrested Suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Owo Massacre: Why Amotekun Is Yet To Parade Arrested Suspects — Source by ijustdey: 8:54am On Jun 30, 2022
…We’re still in shock over attack — Police

By Dayo Johnson

Ondo State security outfit, codenamed Amotekun, yesterday, explained why it is keeping detailed information on the suspects arrested over the terrorists’ attack at St. Francis Catholic Church, in Owo.

No fewer than 50 worshippers were gruesomely murdered, while over 100 were seriously injured during the attack.

A reliable source told Vanguard, in Akure, that the security outfit was still profiling the arrested suspects.

A source, who spoke in confidence, noted that details on the arrests were kept top secret, following instructions from the government, and in order not to jeopardise investigation.

He, however, declined to be dragged into argument as regards the denial of any arrest by the police.

The source also declined to give the number of those arrested by the state Amotekun.

It will be recalled that the Nigeria Police Force, NPF, had debunked the news of the arrest of the attackers.

The Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, CSP Muyiwa Adejobi, while giving update on the arrest of the gunmen, said none of the perpetrators of the Owo massacre has been arrested.

But, a source in Amotekun said that the profiling of those arrested would soon be completed.

The source said: “I want to assure you that those arrested by the security outfit would be paraded after a thorough profiling by the leadership of the security outfit and our detectives.

“All the noise that nobody has been arrested is just funny. When we’re done with our investigation, we will make it public.

“The suspects can’t be paraded now when we are determined to get their sponsors and expose them to the world.”

The state commander of Amotekun,Chef Adeleye was still in a meeting as at the time of filling in this report.

We’re still in shock over attack —Police

Meanwhile, the Nigeria Police Force, yesterday, said that it was still in shock over the terror attack at St. Francis Catholic Church, in Owo area, Ondo State.

The Assistant Inspector-General of Police, AIG, in charge of Zone 17, comprising Ondo and Ekiti Commands, Yunus Akeera said this when he visited the Olowo of Owo, Oba Ajibade Ogunye.

Speaking on the attack, Akeera declared that the killers of worshippers have no value for human lives.

While apologising to the people of the town over the June 5 terror attack, he said the police will engage the community to prevent a reoccurrence.

He said: “We are wondering what would have led these evil people to perpetrate this kind of thing to disturb Owo kingdom.

“Up till now, we are yet to get out of the shock because what is pondering in my mind and my heart is that what must have pushed these people to come this far because Owo, as a kingdom, is noted for its education and peaceful coexistence.

“The Inspector-General of Police and his team are not happy about it.

“I’m reassuring you that as police officers, we will work ourselves tirelessly to ensure that we get to the bottom of this issue. We will be very proactive and pragmatic about it so that this thing will not happen again.”

In his response, Oba Ogunoye lamented that police in Owo lacked operational vehicles as well as adequate personnel.

The monarch said: “One could not fathom the reason those people could go to that extent. They are not Muslims and they are not Christians. As I often say, they are not human beings and they are not worth human existence.

“I know that very soon the full wrath of the law will catch up with them. I know that Nigeria Police is very professional and when they set out to do an assignment, the results will be so certain.

“The major challenges facing police operations in Owo are lack of vehicles and personnel.

“They don’t have vehicles to mobilise to the crime scene and for quick movement. Also, the number of personnel here is inadequate because Owo is a big city.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/owo-massacre-why-amotekun-is-yet-to-parade-arrested-suspects-source/

3 Likes

Re: Owo Massacre: Why Amotekun Is Yet To Parade Arrested Suspects — Source by Quest7777: 8:56am On Jun 30, 2022
But security operatives will move with speed of light to parade youths with laptops & posh cars & tag them Yahoo boys.

115 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Owo Massacre: Why Amotekun Is Yet To Parade Arrested Suspects — Source by airminem(f): 8:56am On Jun 30, 2022
Remember the FGN claimed the attack on the Church was ISWAP

I guess there is another side of this OWO KILLING reality

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Owo Massacre: Why Amotekun Is Yet To Parade Arrested Suspects — Source by Bornbiafra: 8:57am On Jun 30, 2022
A country where mediocrities rules over the meritorious.....what do you expect..

People who has the leadership qualities are bn ruled by mugu(s) and tribalistic fools with nepotistic attributes

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Owo Massacre: Why Amotekun Is Yet To Parade Arrested Suspects — Source by ThankGodFriday(m): 8:58am On Jun 30, 2022
Amotekun can't arrest those guys

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owo Massacre: Why Amotekun Is Yet To Parade Arrested Suspects — Source by Opolopoopolonio: 8:58am On Jun 30, 2022
Alright

Weldone Amotekun

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owo Massacre: Why Amotekun Is Yet To Parade Arrested Suspects — Source by izzou(m): 8:59am On Jun 30, 2022
Till now, we are still talking of parading suspects. So when will we get justice?

Buhari will take care of security
Osibanjo will take care of economy.

I'm glad everybody's eyes don clear now

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owo Massacre: Why Amotekun Is Yet To Parade Arrested Suspects — Source by IamWonderful: 8:59am On Jun 30, 2022
It wasn't fulani herdsmen or Boko Haram as expected.

8 Likes

Re: Owo Massacre: Why Amotekun Is Yet To Parade Arrested Suspects — Source by IamWonderful: 9:02am On Jun 30, 2022
izzou:
Till now, we are still talking of parading suspects. So when will we get justice?

Buhari will take care of security
Osibanjo will take care of economy.

I'm glad everybody's eyes don clear now
Igbo drug lord did what they did in ozubulu Catholic church in owo

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Owo Massacre: Why Amotekun Is Yet To Parade Arrested Suspects — Source by izzou(m): 9:05am On Jun 30, 2022
IamWonderful:

Still making my point for me.

So which security did Buhari handle?

36 Likes

Re: Owo Massacre: Why Amotekun Is Yet To Parade Arrested Suspects — Source by Fr33born(m): 9:26am On Jun 30, 2022
Ask me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Owo Massacre: Why Amotekun Is Yet To Parade Arrested Suspects — Source by datopaper(m): 9:26am On Jun 30, 2022
Amotekun is joking. Nig police would not allow that

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owo Massacre: Why Amotekun Is Yet To Parade Arrested Suspects — Source by fasho01(m): 9:27am On Jun 30, 2022
Which kind of 'in order not to jeopardise investigation'. The government is obviously shielding them because it is involved in the massacre indirectly

14 Likes

Re: Owo Massacre: Why Amotekun Is Yet To Parade Arrested Suspects — Source by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 30, 2022
No one was arrested. All lies.

You can't parade what you don't have.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owo Massacre: Why Amotekun Is Yet To Parade Arrested Suspects — Source by Patriottt: 9:27am On Jun 30, 2022
K
Re: Owo Massacre: Why Amotekun Is Yet To Parade Arrested Suspects — Source by CREATURE1ST: 9:27am On Jun 30, 2022
X
Re: Owo Massacre: Why Amotekun Is Yet To Parade Arrested Suspects — Source by KEVIND: 9:27am On Jun 30, 2022
There's hope in Peter Obi's Presidency.
*The Tinubu supporters don't have anything to say against Peter Obi except to use & stir up ethnic card. Words like Ipobians, mpuru mmiri, Kanu supporter is the common lexicon & their favourite card they banter around to discredit him.
*While PDP loyalist uses words like Peter Obi don't have the Structure,Obi will step down soon,Obi does not have the financial prowess to match Atiku, etc.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owo Massacre: Why Amotekun Is Yet To Parade Arrested Suspects — Source by morikee: 9:28am On Jun 30, 2022
A
Re: Owo Massacre: Why Amotekun Is Yet To Parade Arrested Suspects — Source by kingamaa(m): 9:28am On Jun 30, 2022
There is definitely more to this issue that meets the eye. So much intrigues and secrecy.

Las Las no secret under the sun. We go soon know.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owo Massacre: Why Amotekun Is Yet To Parade Arrested Suspects — Source by Nostring: 9:28am On Jun 30, 2022
Opor
Re: Owo Massacre: Why Amotekun Is Yet To Parade Arrested Suspects — Source by WATCHOVER(m): 9:28am On Jun 30, 2022
I think there are lot more secret things concerning this owo matter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owo Massacre: Why Amotekun Is Yet To Parade Arrested Suspects — Source by LienwaltAbel(m): 9:29am On Jun 30, 2022
IamWonderful:
I wonder what kind of drug your on.

1 Like

Re: Owo Massacre: Why Amotekun Is Yet To Parade Arrested Suspects — Source by potent5(m): 9:30am On Jun 30, 2022
Funny people
Re: Owo Massacre: Why Amotekun Is Yet To Parade Arrested Suspects — Source by Daniluv1(m): 9:30am On Jun 30, 2022
Quest7777:
But security operatives will move with speed of light to parade youths with laptops & posh cars & tag them Yahoo boys.

The matter nor tire you?

You see this country forget about it

Na condemned iron buyers suppose buy this country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owo Massacre: Why Amotekun Is Yet To Parade Arrested Suspects — Source by Alibaba0: 9:30am On Jun 30, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Owo Massacre: Why Amotekun Is Yet To Parade Arrested Suspects — Source by duro4chang(m): 9:31am On Jun 30, 2022
The police will always be in shock. The inferior police on Nigerian type. Poorly trained, poorly equipped, poorly financed and poorly managed .

197 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owo Massacre: Why Amotekun Is Yet To Parade Arrested Suspects — Source by RedChiefPriest: 9:31am On Jun 30, 2022
Do thorough investigation and put bullets in those heads asaaaaapppppppp!

Ha! I'm tired of this people
Dj! Bring me water
Barman! Play me "I'm angry" by China achebe and Travis Scott.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ikpeazu Starts The Reconstruction Of Faulks Road Aba / Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate / Adeleke Vs Oyetola: Group Alleges Intimidation Of Supreme Court Judges By APC Le

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.