Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

My Covid-19 Story: An Experience I Don't Wish For Anyone To Have - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Covid-19 Story: An Experience I Don't Wish For Anyone To Have (970 Views)

My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience / Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry / Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Covid-19 Story: An Experience I Don't Wish For Anyone To Have by Juleh01: 12:00pm On Dec 29, 2020
An Experience I Don't Wish For Anyone To Have
Many have wondered what it feels like to be infected with Covid-19, this is because many survivors do not recount their experience. 2020 is a year to be remembered for me because I got struck with a virus claiming the lives of millions of people. I heard the myth that it was a rich man infection, I believed too thou until the symptoms started to manifest in me and my test result was confirmed on Sunday, July 12.
The first question that came to my mind was how did I contract this virus? If I had to narrow it down, it would be the gym or supermarket since my office was closed down during the lockdown. Initially, it started with a weird dry cough. As days passed by, the cough got worse and more worse where I could not go on with a conversation on the phone. As if that was not enough, fever kicked in. I experienced some light headedness and dizziness which I later got to know were symptoms of hypoxia due to lack of oxygen getting to me.
The last symptom lasted for long and gave me the most scare. I lost my sense of smell and taste. This confirmed my suspicion that my ailment wasn't just flu but Covid-19. I contacted the medical taskforce and after some interview on phone, they sent some of their staffs to my house. Getting the test was a gory experience because my temperature was high. The medical team were kitted in their full hazmat and after filling some paper works, my first test was a throat swab. They took two long cotton swabs and scraped out the back of my throat which hurt for many days afterwards.
The test result came positive and I was taken to a facility to receive medical attention. The doctor and nurses where great and constantly reminds me that I will survive it. I could remember them holding prayer sessions because I was becoming more restless and cried constantly. I tried too hard not to vomit after taken my drugs so I can recover quickly. The road to recovery was hard and long but due to efforts, prayers and love from these medical staffs, I was able to recover fully after two weeks.
I am able to share my story today because God gave me the privilege to survive a storm that had taken the lives of many across the world. I still remember those medical staffs every time who put their lives on the line. Their prayers and soothing words surprisingly had good effects on me. 2020 was tough for me but I survived.
I am sharing my story today to help solve the issue of stigmatisation. Contracting the virus is never a death sentence baring any underlying health conditions. With good medical care and eating balances diets, your road to survival is guaranteed. I noticed that many survivors don't share their stories but I hope mine can demystify the myths around Covid-19 and those who tested positive.

3 Likes

Re: My Covid-19 Story: An Experience I Don't Wish For Anyone To Have by seunmsg(m): 12:11pm On Dec 29, 2020
Covidiots still think there is no COVID-19 in Nigeria. They think the recent surge in the country is just the government playing pranks and trying to steal money.
Re: My Covid-19 Story: An Experience I Don't Wish For Anyone To Have by Purplebubble: 1:49am On Dec 30, 2020
True
Re: My Covid-19 Story: An Experience I Don't Wish For Anyone To Have by danietohbadt(m): 2:08am On Dec 30, 2020
seunmsg:
Covidiots still think there is no COVID-19 in Nigeria. They think the recent surge in the country is just the government playing pranks and trying to steal money.

There was nationwide protests in October
Elections were held in Edo and Ondo States

Campaign grounds were filled to the brim from one local government to the other in both states, there was influx of other people and politicians from other states too to support their candidates.

And all through these periods never for once did we record numbers as high as 600 in a single day.

But yeah, all of a sudden, we're seeing 700 to a thousand cases daily.

From where? from who?

You still don't get it right?

2021's budget is 1.3 trillion Naira.

And the government wants to spend a whooping 400 billion naira on covid 19 vaccines, that's nearly one third of the entire budget.

Let's get this straight, I can assure you that when the vaccine comes, the cases will drop magically and hardly are we gonna see people who'd receive those vaccines.

No one is disputing the fact that covid 19 is real.
But the truth is those numbers are inflated.

5 Likes

Re: My Covid-19 Story: An Experience I Don't Wish For Anyone To Have by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 30, 2020
People keep saying there's no COVID 19 in Nigeria, but that is a big fat ass lie.
The only logical explanation to the fact that we weren't ravaged by the virus is that we have a higher immunity to it.
As for the COVID being in Nigeria, that is hundred percent true. If it could penetrate countries with better health care system, what is Nigeria.
People should stop blurting out rubbish, instead channel your energy to thanking God for spearing us from COVID.
Personally, around May of this year, I lost my sense of tatse and smell, I suspected it was COVID, but soon I got better, after about 2 weeks.
COVID is real, those who call it scamdemic are oponus. What do you want to see before you agree that there's a virus in Nigeria?
When you lose a loved one to it? Use your sense abeg.
Re: My Covid-19 Story: An Experience I Don't Wish For Anyone To Have by chinchonglee(m): 9:21am On Dec 30, 2020
seunmsg:
You are big fool!
How come nobody in the whole lagos island market has contracted it
How come election in edo was held
How come protest was held
How come Abba Kyati was buried amidst the large crowd
Etc.

You and Nigerian govt are fools and fools are useless.

2 Likes

Re: My Covid-19 Story: An Experience I Don't Wish For Anyone To Have by chinchonglee(m): 9:23am On Dec 30, 2020
Nairalandian:
[s]People keep saying there's no COVID 19 in Nigeria, but that is a big fat ass lie.
The only logical explanation to the fact that we weren't ravaged by the virus is that we have a higher immunity to it.
As for the COVID being in Nigeria, that is hundred percent true. If it could penetrate countries with better health care system, what is Nigeria.
People should stop blurting out rubbish, instead channel your energy to thanking God for spearing us from COVID.
Personally, around May of this year, I lost my sense of tatse and smell, I suspected it was COVID, but soon I got better, after about 2 weeks.
COVID is real, those who call it scamdemic are oponus. What do you want to see before you agree that there's a virus in Nigeria?
When you lose a loved one to it? Use your sense abeg.[/s]
Sharrap!
No Covid 19 anywhere

1 Like

Re: My Covid-19 Story: An Experience I Don't Wish For Anyone To Have by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 30, 2020
chinchonglee:

Sharrap!
No Covid 19 anywhere
I pray it catches you. wink
Re: My Covid-19 Story: An Experience I Don't Wish For Anyone To Have by chinchonglee(m): 10:28am On Dec 30, 2020
Nairalandian:

I pray it catches you. wink
I go to lagos island everyday, come and see crowd naaa...
There is ntn like covid 19.
Your useless govt added vacine to the budget so that they can loot vacine money grin
Wise up fam

2 Likes

Re: My Covid-19 Story: An Experience I Don't Wish For Anyone To Have by obonujoker(m): 10:38am On Dec 30, 2020
seunmsg:

Bill Gates baby... Continue... We are not taking any vaccine... We are covering our noses and ensuring safe distances already

1 Like

Re: My Covid-19 Story: An Experience I Don't Wish For Anyone To Have by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 30, 2020
chinchonglee:

I go to lagos island everyday, come and see crowd naaa...
There is ntn like covid 19.
Your useless govt added vacine to the budget so that they can loot vacine money grin
Wise up fam
In my initial comment, I talked about we being immune to it.
You sef wey dey talk you fit don catch am but you didn't know.
There's no freaking way, bruv, that the virus will invade countries better equipped to battle it and not still find a way to enter Nigeria.
Ponder on my last sentence.
Re: My Covid-19 Story: An Experience I Don't Wish For Anyone To Have by chinchonglee(m): 11:22am On Dec 30, 2020
Nairalandian:

In my initial comment, I talked about we being immune to it.
You sef wey dey talk you fit don catch am but you didn't know.
There's no freaking way, bruv, that the virus will invade countries better equipped to battle it and not still find a way to enter Nigeria.
Ponder on my last sentence.
Since we re immune to it, everybody shuld on with their lives...
If we re immune to it, then it doesnt exist in the country.
Why talking abt what we re immune to
Re: My Covid-19 Story: An Experience I Don't Wish For Anyone To Have by Juleh01: 1:06pm On Jan 01, 2021
Lalasticlala, Seun, Mynd44 pls move this for more awareness
Re: My Covid-19 Story: An Experience I Don't Wish For Anyone To Have by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 01, 2021
Congrats. Your case is a rare one amongst the multitudes. May such sickness not rise again this year.

Click like if you tap into this prayer

(1) (Reply)

Diabetes Mullitus / Headache Early In The Morning / Trichotillomania: For 12 Years?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.