Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Any Rabbit Lover Here? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Any Rabbit Lover Here? (787 Views)

Any Rabbit lovers here on Nairaland ? / Animal Lover Lives With 480 Cats & 12 Dogs; Spends $8000 Monthly On Them In Oman / Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Rabbit Lover Here? by bestplanb: 4:45pm On Dec 29, 2020
I bought two rabbits (Male and female) for my children since June. Unfortunately,I don't know when and how rabbit cross,also what is their best food,I do give them lettuce and carrots but they are not adding weight.

1 Like

Re: Any Rabbit Lover Here? by Onemind9: 4:54pm On Dec 29, 2020
Check online for Bella feeds its between 3k5 -4k5 or join Rabbit group on Facebook.

1 Like

Re: Any Rabbit Lover Here? by WoundedLamb: 4:56pm On Dec 29, 2020
I love all pets and I've had so many of them. But I've never owned a rabbit, sadly.

I assumed yours were bought as pets since you said they are for your kids. But then you mentioned breeding and that got me a bit confused. Rabbit breeders are usually farmers who resell for consumption. Mind clarifying?
Re: Any Rabbit Lover Here? by Teaveapoet(f): 5:15pm On Dec 29, 2020
Eeyah.
Re: Any Rabbit Lover Here? by Peterodion49(m): 5:15pm On Dec 29, 2020
Buy chicken feed or you WhatsApp me on how to produce their food for free 08171096446

1 Like

Re: Any Rabbit Lover Here? by bestplanb: 6:14pm On Dec 29, 2020
WoundedLamb:
I love all pets and I've had so many of them. But I've never owned a rabbit, sadly.

I assumed yours were bought as pets since you said they are for your kids. But then you mentioned breeding and that got me a bit confused. Rabbit breeders are usually farmers who resell for consumption. Mind clarifying?
Thanks they were bought as pet not for consumption.
Re: Any Rabbit Lover Here? by bestplanb: 6:14pm On Dec 29, 2020
Peterodion49:
Buy chicken feed or you WhatsApp me on how to produce their food for free 08171096446
Thanks
Re: Any Rabbit Lover Here? by WoundedLamb: 6:37pm On Dec 29, 2020
bestplanb:

Thanks they were bought as pet not for consumption.

Great! Breeding shouldn't be a problem then. Good food, occasional vet services and show of affection are all they need. I know people that own rabbits and I've come to realise they share foods with parrots (apart from hay and seeds, parrots don't eat hay and rabbits don't eat seeds). So I'd give my advice just based on that.

I'll suggest vegetables like collard green (I think it's called green in Nigeria), brocolli, lettuce, garden eggs, carrots, etc. In addition, you need to purchase packaged foods specifically for rabbits (pellets). Some people give their animals just pellets cause they are easy to buy, store and dish out but that's not healthy at all. However, you also need to have special foods you give your animals occasionally or as a reward when they do something great. For parrots, it's usually millets or fruits. For rabbit, it's mostly 'seedless fruits'. Know the one they like the most and use it as special treats.

Please, discard any advice to buy them chicken feed or foods used by farmers. Such foods aim to increase meat size. Pet animals don't need them as they can easily cause overweight and make the animals less fun.
Re: Any Rabbit Lover Here? by Pochettino(f): 8:07pm On Dec 29, 2020
Yes, I love rabbit meat
Re: Any Rabbit Lover Here? by SkengRay: 8:14pm On Dec 29, 2020
I do. My younger Bro rears them. But we can't eat them cuz they are too cute. Thats why we don't kill them

1 Like

Re: Any Rabbit Lover Here? by CrudeSon: 12:10pm On Jan 27, 2021
My rabbits keep having what looks like boils on the lower jaw,what do I do,no get around,most of them know about dogs and not rabbit
Re: Any Rabbit Lover Here? by Iseoluwani: 8:46pm On Jan 27, 2021
CrudeSon:
My rabbits keep having what looks like boils on the lower jaw,what do I do,no get around,most of them know about dogs and not rabbit

snap and mention me, maybe I can help. u can can check my profile on NL. however will love to help directly on this platform, just snap and mention me

1 Like

Re: Any Rabbit Lover Here? by Iseoluwani: 8:52pm On Jan 27, 2021
bestplanb:
I bought two rabbits (Male and female) for my children since June. Unfortunately,I don't know when and how rabbit cross,also what is their best food,I do give them lettuce and carrots but they are not adding weight.

Don't be deceived by pics of rabbits eating carrots, carrots aren't rabbits main food, they are treats and if eaten excessively, your rabbits can die.

1. get Bella feed (ur location)
2. make shift, use vita feed Grower pellets, as weaners give them half cup for the old day, don't forget you are introducing a new feed, their intestine is fragile to collect large amount of feed

3. We have alots of tridax in this period, give them that they will finish over night. And give them water.
4. you can include maxiyield in their water as booster .

note don't introduce all this at once.

new feed first 2weeks later maxiyield. most of our Nigerian vet docs don't know about rabbits so they tend to mislead or keep quiet. So be safe

1 Like

Re: Any Rabbit Lover Here? by Iseoluwani: 9:00pm On Jan 27, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Great! Breeding shouldn't be a problem then. Good food, occasional vet services and show of affection are all they need. I know people that own rabbits and I've come to realise they share foods with parrots (apart from hay and seeds, parrots don't eat hay and rabbits don't eat seeds). So I'd give my advice just based on that.

I'll suggest vegetables like collard green (I think it's called green in Nigeria), brocolli, lettuce, garden eggs, carrots, etc. In addition, you need to purchase packaged foods specifically for rabbits (pellets). Some people give their animals just pellets cause they are easy to buy, store and dish out but that's not healthy at all. However, you also need to have special foods you give your animals occasionally or as a reward when they do something great. For parrots, it's usually millets or fruits. For rabbit, it's mostly 'seedless fruits'. Know the one they like the most and use it as special treats.

Please, discard any advice to buy them chicken feed or foods used by farmers. Such foods aim to increase meat size. Pet animals don't need them as they can easily cause overweight and make the animals less fun.

Your advice is good if you don't have more than 5rabbits, but when you start having 20 above, maybe u will understand better. you can give rabbits, carrots water melon as treats but not as food.

1. formulate feed not having less than 2000kcal and not more that 2100kcal
2. buy rabbits feed which is scare, however we have Bella feed, and two other ones
3. Already made chicken feed, vita feed GROWER which has 16% protein and 18%C.F.. Which is the closest to the 22%C.f. rabbits needs, that's why we give them hays to burn fats. if you want your rabbits to become meat rabbits, use BREEDWELL finisher. I can go on an on, but...

This is what i do
Re: Any Rabbit Lover Here? by WoundedLamb: 9:40pm On Jan 27, 2021
Iseoluwani:

Your advice is good if you don't have more than 5rabbits, but when you start having 20 above, maybe u will understand better. you can give rabbits, carrots water melon as treats but not as food.

2. buy rabbits feed which is scare, however we have Bella feed, and two other ones
3. Already made chicken feed, vita feed GROWER which has 16% protein and 18%C.F.. Which is the closest to the 22%C.f. rabbits needs, that's why we give them hays to burn fats. if you want your rabbits to become meat rabbits, use BREEDWELL finisher. I can go on an on, but...

This is what i do

Five rabbits?? He said it's a pet rabbit not a farm. Lol
Re: Any Rabbit Lover Here? by CrudeSon: 12:03am On Jan 29, 2021
Iseoluwani:

snap and mention me, maybe I can help. u can can check my profile on NL. however will love to help directly on this platform, just snap and mention me

It is abscesses,when it burst or press ,it brings out thick pus
Re: Any Rabbit Lover Here? by georgepopsii(m): 8:04am On Jan 29, 2021
Please I'd like to start a rabbit farm. You seem to have alot of knowledge about it. Please can you WhatsApp me 08073355509

I breed dogs still wondering if dogs and rabbits can live in same space without the little ones getting killed over night
Iseoluwani:

This is what i do

(1) (Reply)

Rexy, My Cute GSD Is Here... ;) ;) / Boerboel Pure Breed For Sale, 80k .. / How Does It Feel Losing A Pet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.