Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

How Tramadol Destroyed My Life - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Tramadol Destroyed My Life (47370 Views)

HELP !!! NYSC Has Destroyed My Life. / How Tramadol Nearly Made Me Impotent / Man Who Took Tramadol In Lagos Tied Up While Behaving Strangely (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by 12inchess: 6:06pm On Jan 02, 2021
I take tramadol for over 6 months now for pain and it hasn't destroyed my life. Stop using painkillers to get high.

1 Like

Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by iceberylin(m): 6:07pm On Jan 02, 2021
Y

1 Like

Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by Highpose24: 6:11pm On Jan 02, 2021
Houseofglam7:
Lalasticlala, please this is front page worthy.
There's a lesson or two to be learned from this.
tatafo lady. I'll flog u lagbaja.
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by GogetterMD(m): 6:16pm On Jan 02, 2021
JudasNaCarrot:
Continue smoking and keep deceiving yourself. I hope you read what he Op posted. He ran mad which I strongly believe he isn't free from because even from his essay there is no coma or fullstop. That is a sign of uncoordinated brain.....the effect of drug abuse.

My Nephew is currently in the psychiatric hospital. He said same thing as "weed is a nutural plant"
Lmao grin
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by DaBillionnaire: 6:17pm On Jan 02, 2021
Alhamdulillah for recovery, I pray that God replaces all you have lost with better life.
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by Klington: 6:24pm On Jan 02, 2021
Thank God you're getting better.

Most youths don't know that those they see as their friends are actually their worst enemies that should be treated like leprosy.

2 Likes

Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by Ramsey19: 6:28pm On Jan 02, 2021
that side of u falling sick whenever u stopped taking tramadol is so true. I av experienced such before too(Although I didn't know it was an hard drug). I didn't go to that extent of urs but I nearly lost my life when I stopped using it too but Glory be to God I didn't die.

Another best way to sharp your brain is exercise and that's what I'm using now.

1 Like

Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by PericomaNwankwo: 6:44pm On Jan 02, 2021
BOT845764649561:
WHY BLAME THE INNOCENT TRAMADOL

Who knows, you might have taken some before typing that your epistle. because I don't trust HARD drug users.

your last line "do away with drugs especially the cheap ones" shows you're still under the influence.

Mumu

You sound like one.
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by dumodust(m): 6:46pm On Jan 02, 2021
Jakumo:

In addition to the global Corona virus pandemic, the USA is also in the throes of an opioid epidemic that has claimed thousands of Americans each year for the past decade. The vast underground market in prescription opioid pills is fed by corrupt doctors who prescribe opioids in exchange for cash under the table, by patients who sell off their "excess" prescription drugs at huge price markups, and by armed robbers who specifically target pharmacies, attracted by the extremely high cash value of those opioid pills and injectables.

The high prices of pharmacy grade opioid pills, ultimately drive most addicts to try heroin, that life-annihilating granddaddy of all opioids, whose victims never quit until the mortician beckons. When one considers the growing number of Tramadol addicts stumbling about the streets of Nigeria's cities and towns, it is only a matter of time before heroin begins making serious inroads into Nigerian drug culture, to devastating effect.
Great analysis, we are going to have a huge drug problem in the future.
I have never really thought about it this way you layed it out... Thumbs up
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by PericomaNwankwo: 6:46pm On Jan 02, 2021
JudasNaCarrot:
Continue smoking and keep deceiving yourself. I hope you read what the Op posted. He ran mad which I strongly believe he isn't free from because even from his essay there is no coma or fullstop. That is a sign of uncoordinated brain.....the effect of drug abuse.

My Nephew is currently in the psychiatric hospital. He said same thing as "weed is a nutural plant"

Lol, you are surely high. Demented black niggaaaa, developed nations have taken steps in legalizing weed, drug abuse is being decriminalized and treated as a health challenge rather than a criminal offence and you're still stuck in redundant retrogression

1 Like

Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by Starboytwo(m): 6:48pm On Jan 02, 2021
Boys they do 1200mg on a steady, nothing dey happen... Person wey wan mad go mad.
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by sorom4: 7:18pm On Jan 02, 2021
Not just overdose. Constant use also leads to addiction.
Vyolet:

Ok, i was beginning to think theres another tramadol which is different from the doses i was given some weeks back to ease some pains.

This means the drug isn't entirely bad but an overdose is what leads to addiction and other side effects.
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by sorom4: 7:19pm On Jan 02, 2021
Maybe your system is different or the pain you are having is not chronic. I know of some people that got addicted through the management of pain
12inchess:
I take tramadol for over 6 months now for pain and it hasn't destroyed my life. Stop using painkillers to get high.
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by sorom4: 7:21pm On Jan 02, 2021
I'm still wondering why people say that weed no dey mad person. For your information...weed contributes to madness. But the fact remains...no mad man dey believe say e dey mad
iceberylin:
I suffered Tramadol addiction and it’s the worse thing on earth. The bad taste on your mouth. I was able to handle it with the help of weed. Although I didn’t go mad. Weed no dh mad person Na you know waitn mad you

2 Likes

Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by Coinbased: 7:25pm On Jan 02, 2021
Hmmm
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by Zinpat: 7:33pm On Jan 02, 2021
Thank God 4 making u quit. Congrats.
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by Peppul: 7:37pm On Jan 02, 2021
If u take trams everyday that's bad it will definitely affect u.. bt that doesn't mean it can't be used for its purpose.. trams didn't spoil ur life u did.. y will u constantly take it every day for so many years.. I take tramadol for my chronic shoulder pain and it's once every two weeks or once every month.. and most times I don't take it for a longer period. since year 2019 I took it last it's been almost a year plus, now tell me how will that destroy my life wen it's taken wisely and not some guy abusing d drugs. Abi people wey manufacture d drugs tellu to dey take am everyday.. we too dey overdo for this country self and after the effect don come we go dey blame the substance wey we take instead of blaming ourselves for abusing the substance...

1 Like

Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by Raphcom: 7:45pm On Jan 02, 2021
orookomama:
This story am about to tell you is personally about my life and I hope people will get some messages from it.

It all began 2014 during my school days, I was in a class reading for an exam when my friend offered me a drink. That day that drink was the beginning of my downfall. He offered me lacacera having no knowledge of the content I drank it bit by bit till halfway, OMG I felt like a stallion, my mood changed immediately, it was magical to the point that I smile and laugh for no reason.

I read my book from back to back I totally become free to the point that I couldn't sleep out of joy and excitement for no reason. Fast forward till the next morning I went for my exam and I wrote it well. I remembered everything I read and I am a kind of an introvert but that day I was very active I have no idea what am going to be.

Around 2 o'clock in the afternoon, my mood changed. I started feeling like am going to be sick so I went and take paracetamol which calm my body temperature and I went to look for him. I called him he said he was in the student center that I should meet him there so I met him and I told him I dont understand myself. He asked what happened. I told him common lacacera I took from him yesterday I felt like I was flying in the sky. I even told him how I remembered everything I read etc.

Then he told me are you stupid? How can you not know the difference between normal drink and a mixed one?
That question shocked me I became confused and I asked him please what do you mean. He told me that I used to criticize those that smoke, do drugs but I don't know anything about it so he wanted to tell me it's nothing bad that it helps him cope some challenges that he easily remember things he read when he take it. I was speechless, I told him am not happy that I promised myself not to join cultist activities drugs etc, he convinced me by telling me exactly how I feel when he gave me the drink. Fast forward i stop taking things from him until one day at the hostel we had a small birthday party and i collected a drink from him on my own due to what I felt when he gave me the first one I took it and it began to work. I became slow and very happy that I enjoyed my day very well.

From that day, I began to feel like to get high and feel good mood that was when he finally gave me tramadol 200mg. God I felt good very good and high from that point I started taking everything unserious even my school activities.

Finally, I became addicted to tramadol and it become hard to quit, I continued taking it everyday till 2015 that was when I decided to quit my God the first day I decided to quit cold turkey I nearly died I started vomiting felling cold hullecination and all sorts of sickness came all over me. I hard to go and take it again and instantly all my sickness stopped like magic happened. it become serious that I couldn't go a day without taking it twice or more I was expelled from school along side a guy that used to sell the drug to us. that was when my eye opened and I said I will do whatever it takes to leave it.

I started smoking cigarettes gradually just to be able to calm the urge of taking it. I know it was hell but I just wanted to stop I continued till I graduated to weed that was when I later started having mental issues I lost myself I lost focus and finally 2017 I totally ran made I didn't know what happened afterwards till ending of 2019 I started regaining bit by bit until I started becoming clean I started feeling shy and I changed untill am able to be here today to write this story.

Right now I know between good and bad but I know my life will never be the same again.

Please do away from drugs especially the cheap ones.
God loves you much, encourage urself more by not going back again.
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by GodWrites: 7:53pm On Jan 02, 2021
firstratedcitiz:
Drug abuse is dangerous. Learn to quit when you can and you will live a healthier life. I have great hatred for people who take marijuana (Indian hemp) and never admit them in my friend's circle. They generally behave weird and tend to think they are right all the time. Stupid lot.

Isn't it lame to generalize that 'people' who smoke weed behave weirdly?

How many weed smoking people have you interacted with to arrive at such a conclusion?

If you can never allow them into your circle, how did you know they behave weirdly?

3 Likes

Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by Theguided: 8:32pm On Jan 02, 2021
Emyzoloye5:

correct weed isn't harmful to the brains .....maybe your nephew takes the ones mixed with other substances

the ones I take is clean and it's from a reliable source

cigarettes are even more harmful than weed

Any thing that disrupts intellect is something you should completely avoid. Weed doesn't make you think clearly.
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by Igonoh: 8:32pm On Jan 02, 2021
Please I need help because am facing the same thing I try my best but I can't stop if I try stopping it will be like am dead person
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by Immanuel3(m): 8:39pm On Jan 02, 2021
ipobarethieves:
sad sad sad sad Stop taking hard drug sad.Dnt kill yourself before Ur time.Dnt put Ur family/parents to agony/sorrow over Ur Hopeless/misfortune lifestyle dnt destroy Ur liver, kidney,lung(can donate these vital organs to those dat need dem and then kill urself cool sad wink.God nor go vex)The last puff U smoke may be Ur last(if u are lucky to be alive sad,dnt boda to beg for money online for any treatment sad.).U die,u die for nothing

What if those that needs the donated organs were once drug users who had abused their own organs? Asking for a friend
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by Immanuel3(m): 8:40pm On Jan 02, 2021
Igonoh:
Please I need help because am facing the same thing I try my best but I can't stop if I try stopping it will be like am dead person

Not stopping it will actually kill you faster

2 Likes

Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by GhostWisperer: 8:50pm On Jan 02, 2021
CaIIMeAthena:
that means you probably don't know how to read or maybe you lack comprehension

Op says the drug aided his reading stamina as he read his textbook cover to cover and boosted his comprehension and retentive memory as he did well in his exams....now I'm guessing that would be very appealing to average students.

So a crack fiend and an analphabetic drug addict like you wouldn't see anything dangerous in that!

Or maybe you're just a senile idiot suffering perceptual disturbances and learning disabilities.

The worse thing with fools like you is that even in your most sober periods, you're still oozing of deluded frustrations.

Read the article again and see that none of your parents prioritised any level of your education.
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by GhostWisperer: 8:54pm On Jan 02, 2021
authority2006:

It depends on what lessons you want to learn from the story
according to op after taking tramadol mixed in lacasera, he read his text books cover to cover and did well in his exam....so accordingly, it gives stamina to read , aid comprehension and retentive ability.

I get it.
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by Legalese(m): 8:56pm On Jan 02, 2021
Wow. This is quite the turnaround and I'm happy for you. But please enh, just out of curiosity, when you were unstable from 2017-2019, can you remember things you saw or thoughts you had abi it's just blank in you head?
orookomama:
This story am about to tell you is personally about my life and I hope people will get some messages from it.

It all began 2014 during my school days, I was in a class reading for an exam when my friend offered me a drink. That day that drink was the beginning of my downfall. He offered me lacacera having no knowledge of the content I drank it bit by bit till halfway, OMG I felt like a stallion, my mood changed immediately, it was magical to the point that I smile and laugh for no reason.

I read my book from back to back I totally become free to the point that I couldn't sleep out of joy and excitement for no reason. Fast forward till the next morning I went for my exam and I wrote it well. I remembered everything I read and I am a kind of an introvert but that day I was very active I have no idea what am going to be.

Around 2 o'clock in the afternoon, my mood changed. I started feeling like am going to be sick so I went and take paracetamol which calm my body temperature and I went to look for him. I called him he said he was in the student center that I should meet him there so I met him and I told him I dont understand myself. He asked what happened. I told him common lacacera I took from him yesterday I felt like I was flying in the sky. I even told him how I remembered everything I read etc.

Then he told me are you stupid? How can you not know the difference between normal drink and a mixed one?
That question shocked me I became confused and I asked him please what do you mean. He told me that I used to criticize those that smoke, do drugs but I don't know anything about it so he wanted to tell me it's nothing bad that it helps him cope some challenges that he easily remember things he read when he take it. I was speechless, I told him am not happy that I promised myself not to join cultist activities drugs etc, he convinced me by telling me exactly how I feel when he gave me the drink. Fast forward i stop taking things from him until one day at the hostel we had a small birthday party and i collected a drink from him on my own due to what I felt when he gave me the first one I took it and it began to work. I became slow and very happy that I enjoyed my day very well.

From that day, I began to feel like to get high and feel good mood that was when he finally gave me tramadol 200mg. God I felt good very good and high from that point I started taking everything unserious even my school activities.

Finally, I became addicted to tramadol and it become hard to quit, I continued taking it everyday till 2015 that was when I decided to quit my God the first day I decided to quit cold turkey I nearly died I started vomiting felling cold hullecination and all sorts of sickness came all over me. I hard to go and take it again and instantly all my sickness stopped like magic happened. it become serious that I couldn't go a day without taking it twice or more I was expelled from school along side a guy that used to sell the drug to us. that was when my eye opened and I said I will do whatever it takes to leave it.

I started smoking cigarettes gradually just to be able to calm the urge of taking it. I know it was hell but I just wanted to stop I continued till I graduated to weed that was when I later started having mental issues I lost myself I lost focus and finally 2017 I totally ran made I didn't know what happened afterwards till ending of 2019 I started regaining bit by bit until I started becoming clean I started feeling shy and I changed untill am able to be here today to write this story.

Right now I know between good and bad but I know my life will never be the same again.

Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by Arvelo(m): 9:11pm On Jan 02, 2021
makeherscream:
what are you saying . Did they force them to buy it . Baba you're not making any sense
God bless you brother...
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by Angrymode: 9:40pm On Jan 02, 2021
Damn Nigarr, this message is for u grin
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by merits(m): 9:43pm On Jan 02, 2021
orookomama:

What's the title of this nollywood script movie?very interesting to watch on HD tv.

Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by Houseofglam7(f): 9:53pm On Jan 02, 2021
Highpose24:
tatafo lady. I'll flog u lagbaja.

grin
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by authority2006(m): 9:58pm On Jan 02, 2021
GhostWisperer:
according to op after taking tramadol mixed in lacasera, he read his text books cover to cover and did well in his exam....so accordingly, it gives stamina to read , aid comprehension and retentive ability.

I get it.

Because that's what happened to him and it helped in putting him deeper into the use. That's what new user should also expect but he didn't stop his narration at that. He went on to mention the end result which is the main and important lesson here. Though, I didn't like his last paragraph about "cheap drugs".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 / Chinese Doctors Remove 13Kg Of Stuck Poo From Man's Bowel After 22 Years / Nigerian Man Washes His Hands, Drinks The Water In Viral Video (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.