Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

How Tramadol Destroyed My Life - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Tramadol Destroyed My Life (47374 Views)

HELP !!! NYSC Has Destroyed My Life. / How Tramadol Nearly Made Me Impotent / Man Who Took Tramadol In Lagos Tied Up While Behaving Strangely (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by Princelyon247(m): 10:38pm On Jan 02, 2021
E concern you dia
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by karashita: 10:39pm On Jan 02, 2021
[quote author=frank800 post=97553978]Gut you fumble. You are not a fatherly drugger. I understand exactly what you went 2ru I've been there twice, the strong feeling of depression the abnormal weakness especially waking up in the morning but i never allowed it to interfer with my goals in life I remains responsible even while doing this drug heavily some time I take up to 620mg a day.[
/quote]

Continue o.
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by Abrahamdgreat(m): 10:42pm On Jan 02, 2021
pegix:

Cigarettes is not harmful than marijuana
The only difference is their site of action
While nicotine effects the brain to produced certain chemicals
CBD/THC(weed) is the chemical itself
I.e cigarette is more addictive since(nicotine:d active substance in cigarettes) needs to alter some chemical pathway and response in the brain...while THC(carbinol d active agent in weed) simulate the process without effecting the brain(d brain assumes the chemical is well knw, hence not taking actions)
Developing addiction isless ramapant for weed tho bt it's possible
What ever u smoke even if na paper or plastics
A smoker is liable die 10-20 year earlier than a non smoker

Which ever drug u smoke, either cigar or weed
U still facing d same major health risk of

Lung damage(cancer)
Mental disorder(bipolar, anxiety, depression is very common)
Diabetes
Heart problems (boom!...dix one dey kill em wella)
Bronchitis(d pathway leading to ur lungs degrading while u alive)
Stroke and improper coordination
Amongst others

Google the effects of CBD and THC on d brain, and readjust ur post... Nigerians and Nairalanders in general mumu, Na this wrong write-up way u type give them dem go store for life
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by exclusive7(m): 11:17pm On Jan 02, 2021
pegix:

Cigarettes is not harmful than marijuana
The only difference is their site of action
While nicotine effects the brain to produced certain chemicals
CBD/THC(weed) is the chemical itself
I.e cigarette is more addictive since(nicotine:d active substance in cigarettes) needs to alter some chemical pathway and response in the brain...while THC(carbinol d active agent in weed) simulate the process without effecting the brain(d brain assumes the chemical is well knw, hence not taking actions)
Developing addiction isless ramapant for weed tho bt it's possible
What ever u smoke even if na paper or plastics
A smoker is liable die 10-20 year earlier than a non smoker

Which ever drug u smoke, either cigar or weed
U still facing d same major health risk of

Lung damage(cancer)
Mental disorder(bipolar, anxiety, depression is very common)
Diabetes
Heart problems (boom!...dix one dey kill em wella)
Bronchitis(d pathway leading to ur lungs degrading while u alive)
Stroke and improper coordination
Amongst others

Don't know where you made your research from. Nope I doubt you made your research because 90% of all you've said here is just so wrong. Please engage in proper research, it doesn't cost much, I understand you have to look intelligent, but don't sound intelligent while your spewing gibberish. Open Google, check reliable and correct sites, then you come and edit and correct all the nonsense you've said so far. Before you insult me, learn.

And moreover, carbinol is not the active agent in cannabis, it's not even in the herb. When it comes to addictio, cannabis keeps you glued when compared to cigars. Both alters the brains response. Lastly Marijuana/cannabis doesn't make you mad, hasn't made anyone mad. Your explanations too are pretty wack bro.. But I'm not here to school, please research before you insult me as I said earlier, so you don't floor yourself a second time
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by MhizPearl(f): 12:44am On Jan 03, 2021
orookomama:
This story am about to tell you is personally about my life and I hope people will get some messages from it.

It all began 2014 during my school days, I was in a class reading for an exam when my friend offered me a drink. That day that drink was the beginning of my downfall. He offered me lacacera having no knowledge of the content I drank it bit by bit till halfway, OMG I felt like a stallion, my mood changed immediately, it was magical to the point that I smile and laugh for no reason.

I read my book from back to back I totally become free to the point that I couldn't sleep out of joy and excitement for no reason. Fast forward till the next morning I went for my exam and I wrote it well. I remembered everything I read and I am a kind of an introvert but that day I was very active I have no idea what am going to be.

Around 2 o'clock in the afternoon, my mood changed. I started feeling like am going to be sick so I went and take paracetamol which calm my body temperature and I went to look for him. I called him he said he was in the student center that I should meet him there so I met him and I told him I dont understand myself. He asked what happened. I told him common lacacera I took from him yesterday I felt like I was flying in the sky. I even told him how I remembered everything I read etc.

Then he told me are you stupid? How can you not know the difference between normal drink and a mixed one?
That question shocked me I became confused and I asked him please what do you mean. He told me that I used to criticize those that smoke, do drugs but I don't know anything about it so he wanted to tell me it's nothing bad that it helps him cope some challenges that he easily remember things he read when he take it. I was speechless, I told him am not happy that I promised myself not to join cultist activities drugs etc, he convinced me by telling me exactly how I feel when he gave me the drink. Fast forward i stop taking things from him until one day at the hostel we had a small birthday party and i collected a drink from him on my own due to what I felt when he gave me the first one I took it and it began to work. I became slow and very happy that I enjoyed my day very well.

From that day, I began to feel like to get high and feel good mood that was when he finally gave me tramadol 200mg. God I felt good very good and high from that point I started taking everything unserious even my school activities.

Finally, I became addicted to tramadol and it become hard to quit, I continued taking it everyday till 2015 that was when I decided to quit my God the first day I decided to quit cold turkey I nearly died I started vomiting felling cold hullecination and all sorts of sickness came all over me. I hard to go and take it again and instantly all my sickness stopped like magic happened. it become serious that I couldn't go a day without taking it twice or more I was expelled from school along side a guy that used to sell the drug to us. that was when my eye opened and I said I will do whatever it takes to leave it.

I started smoking cigarettes gradually just to be able to calm the urge of taking it. I know it was hell but I just wanted to stop I continued till I graduated to weed that was when I later started having mental issues I lost myself I lost focus and finally 2017 I totally ran made I didn't know what happened afterwards till ending of 2019 I started regaining bit by bit until I started becoming clean I started feeling shy and I changed untill am able to be here today to write this story.

Right now I know between good and bad but I know my life will never be the same again.

Please do away from drugs especially the cheap ones.
Your story is quite similar to mine

2 Likes

Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by 12inchess: 12:49am On Jan 03, 2021
sorom4:
Maybe your system is different or the pain you are having is not chronic. I know of some people that got addicted through the management of pain
My pain is quite chronic but tramadol doesn't have such effect on me. Yeah, everybody's system is different. I actually think it's a shit drug. It doesn't work after a while.
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by OceanEye: 7:49am On Jan 03, 2021
Tramadol's bad side is it's withdrawal symptoms. If you can fight it for like two weeks, then you will be clean. But it's not that easy.

When I was dependent on it, I had to travel from Lagos mainland to island just to purchase 200 naira tramadol back then when it was still cheaper but scarce in some areas.

I am no more dependent on it, but I still occasionally take only 100 mg of it like one in two weeks and that's when I have a big task ahead of me.
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by eagleonearth(m): 9:09am On Jan 03, 2021
Emyzoloye5:

correct weed isn't harmful to the brains .....maybe your nephew takes the ones mixed with other substances

the ones I take is clean and it's from a reliable source

cigarettes are even more harmful than weed
stop deceiving yourself. Weed poses a great risk to the mental health. I kept receiving strange brain signals despite quiting weed for many years but the signals tapered off especially as I handed myself to the Holy Spirit. Quit now!
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by Roozzaay(m): 12:29pm On Jan 03, 2021
You tasted Lacasera mixed with trams and you never noticed? Stop blaming the poor drug, you've lost it before that day undecided

Finally you called trams "cheap drug" ? that sh*t cost 7 to 8k per card
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by Tilykay(m): 2:28pm On Jan 03, 2021
southniyikaye:
may the lord forgive you..

Please forgive...
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by Preshob(m): 2:29pm On Jan 03, 2021
Igonoh:
Please I need help because am facing the same thing I try my best but I can't stop if I try stopping it will be like am dead person

Don't try to stop taking it abruptly but reduce the amount you take in a day. E.g. If you used to do 500mg a day, you can start doing 200mg for some weeks, then go down to 100mg.......just like that. The first step is your determination to stop it though.
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by Tilykay(m): 2:52pm On Jan 03, 2021
Emyzoloye5:

correct weed isn't harmful to the brains .....maybe your nephew takes the ones mixed with other substances

the ones I take is clean and it's from a reliable source

cigarettes are even more harmful than weed

Very hilarious I must say. But please be sensitive.
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by Tilykay(m): 2:54pm On Jan 03, 2021
ityP:

Same thing my bro said. He's on the streets now.

grin grin grin
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by Maestro147(m): 3:10pm On Jan 03, 2021
Yu take trams 4 just one year naim u dy talk
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by GhostWisperer: 3:12pm On Jan 03, 2021
authority2006:

Because that's what happened to him and it helped in putting him deeper into the use. That's what new user should also expect but he didn't stop his narration at that. He went on to mention the end result which is the main and important lesson here. Though, I didn't like his last paragraph about "cheap drugs".
I know where you're coming from. Read the story again. The "good " effect of drugs dominated the entire narrative.

And he just left a small part to talking about the negative effect of it. A lot of readers are going to ignore that part as a necessary discomfort for the general "feel good" benefit.
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by Maestro147(m): 3:12pm On Jan 03, 2021
[quote author=chival post=97534277]Your story has a happy ending lyk BJ
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by Tilykay(m): 3:49pm On Jan 03, 2021
illicit:
In 2011/12 I was injured in my foot while helping to push a car to start....

A Corper doctor or pharmacist gave me some drugs to relieve the pain, Tramadol was one of those drugs, I noticed that whenever I used d drug I feel somehow funky but after some hours i will feel very tired, nauseated, and without apetite

That's not a doctor.. I don't think so...
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by martineverest(m): 9:38pm On Jan 03, 2021
Vyolet:
Doctors prescribe Tramadol just like ibuprofen to ease pain or is there another Tramadol?
overdose....most addict take full sachets or more at once
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by Pumpumking: 1:19pm On Aug 11, 2021
MhizPearl:

darling u dont need educatsion, u need moiney. I have moiney & i drive range rover. gimmme yor nomba please so i can love it. So was yor nomba please? smiley
Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by lebete3000: 12:17pm On Mar 16, 2022
MhizPearl:

Hello pretty lady...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 / Chinese Doctors Remove 13Kg Of Stuck Poo From Man's Bowel After 22 Years / Nigerian Man Washes His Hands, Drinks The Water In Viral Video (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.