Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. (18606 Views)

What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? / Which One Is Profitable Between Opening A Bet9ja Shop And Buying a Keke For tran / Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by Freeworld4ayo(m): 2:06pm On Dec 30, 2020
I
nams77:
Please kindly help someone choose between these two hustle.
I really don't know much about both businesses hence I brought it here so I can show him the suggestions.
Business will be situated in Delta state.

Start up capital is very lean as the dude is trying to start up small from scratch.

Please kindly share your wealth of experience and help a soul start aomething this new year.

Mods pls if possible, kindly push to front page for more exposure and contribution. I believe one or two folks can learn a thing or two from the several contributions.

Phone accessories is better and very lucrative. meanwhile, i will advise the person understudy someone to know the nitty-gritty
of the business.
Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by Breastfeed: 2:09pm On Dec 30, 2020
Definitely a phone accessories store, phones are being released every day and people keep on buying, it's not everyone that'll learn how to drive by going to a driving school, some will learn at home. Plus, asides from few legit accessories store from brands like TECNO, they are very few stores remaining that sell original products, so if you can lay hands on original phone accessories then you're good to go
Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by sidney22: 2:11pm On Dec 30, 2020
Driving school is the ultimate.
Like someone said you must partner with the Road Safety.
Trying to get a virgin driving license now, you must produce a certificate from a Road Safety approved driving school.
That is another source of revenue apart from your lesson fees.
Brother try driving school and thank God later.

2 Likes

Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by henryomoba: 2:11pm On Dec 30, 2020
My brother, driving school is far better

2 Likes

Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 30, 2020
you can do both, take the driving school as pertime, after all most people who want to learn driving only have chance in the evenings and during weekend. so you can open a phone shop and still operate a driving school.

1 Like

Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by princejones(m): 2:22pm On Dec 30, 2020
Phone accessories business is good and lucrative, l was once in the business
Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 30, 2020
emeijeh:
Do people still go to a driving school?

Cross mind hit the road with your car.... Na only curses you go receive from drivers and pedestrians, hand go strong for steering. grin
Lol exactly,
Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by Bigfish121(m): 2:26pm On Dec 30, 2020
Am even looking for a good driving school in benin.if you know of any just let me know.

1 Like

Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by ceeceeuwa: 2:35pm On Dec 30, 2020
olurili:
on field I drive like vin diesel, but on road na another story,come see sweat for my body,because I want drive
Guy driving na. Mind!
Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by samwillyco1(m): 2:51pm On Dec 30, 2020
olurili:
you are a wicked sumbori,the day I try this your tactic on Ibadan road, I almost kill okada rider,like 5 of them,since that day I no near motor say I want drive again

You no get mind, you for first carry the car to school field, after a day enter road nothing go happen
Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by Chuknovski(m): 2:59pm On Dec 30, 2020
just open both
Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by Kubin: 3:10pm On Dec 30, 2020
Open the one u get experience on that u can be able to manage very well and make the best out of it
Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by samwillyco1(m): 3:11pm On Dec 30, 2020
In Driving school you need a car or cars, you have to partner with FRSC, you need artist to write on the car, you need office as inform of shop, you may stay for some weeks before having a student, check the fuel consumption of the car etc.

Phone accessories, you need to learn the business before opening it, you can become importer within a short period if you have up to 500k for a start. With good connection and God's mercy you will make it within a short period of time. If you know some good importers, a 200k worth of phone accessories from china, will give you nothing less than 800k as a distributor

2 Likes

Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by Ofon0909(f): 3:15pm On Dec 30, 2020
Driving school is better

1 Like

Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by samwillyco1(m): 3:16pm On Dec 30, 2020
princejones:
Phone accessories business is good and lucrative, l was once in the business

Why did you leave the business
Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by cardiorap: 3:16pm On Dec 30, 2020
I don't know much about phone accessories. However, I operate a driving school, which I started from scratch as a fresh graduate.

Apart from teaching people how to basically drive automobiles, there are so many other things (services and products) that one can attach to generate more income.

However, it comes with it's own challenges, which can equally be minimized. Also, it is easier if you have sufficient capital to invest. To stand out as well, I'd advise you learn the business first. Possibly start with attaching yourself to an already existing and standard school. There is a lot to being a good instructor. It's more like taking up an NCE program for one year, except you just want to do the business for stomach sake. The more knowledgeable you are, the easier it is to deliver, and also you gain respect, trust and recommendations because people get to learn something they see as unique.

Lastly, I laugh at people think people don't patronize driving schools��! Well, it depends on your locality as well, and if people can afford the services without thinking of alternatives like friends, etc.

For the phone accessories business, I think you'd still need some form of knowledge and training.

3 Likes

Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by Jimmyubah2: 3:19pm On Dec 30, 2020
Go open phone accessories and POS shops then thank me later.
Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by medokills(m): 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2020
Since you said the your is with lean start up capital, I suggest He should go for phone accessories because driving requires huge capital as he needs before anything a car and sought and obtained Government approval license to operate. For phone accessories just get a space and canter for display of the accessory. He must ensure that he bought original with cheaper price. Beware of scammer oo.

1 Like

Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by durasome(m): 3:51pm On Dec 30, 2020
nams77:
Please kindly help someone choose between these two hustle.
I really don't know much about both businesses hence I brought it here so I can show him the suggestions.
Business will be situated in Delta state.

Start up capital is very lean as the dude is trying to start up small from scratch.

Please kindly share your wealth of experience and help a soul start aomething this new year.

Mods pls if possible, kindly push to front page for more exposure and contribution. I believe one or two folks can learn a thing or two from the several contributions.
.I don't know about driving school, but phone accessory shop is it for me ,that is if you can be able to be gathering the money properly and wisely saving them as well cause they come gradually and steadily. Mehn there is gain in accessory business I tell you if you have a good busy location.

1 Like

Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by Light2(f): 4:31pm On Dec 30, 2020
Phone accessories store.
Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by nams77: 4:34pm On Dec 30, 2020
Jennycoolz:
Phone accessories
There's a possibility that you must make sales daily especially when you have a family to cater for

Driving school is not an everyday business, it's just a once in a while business which comes with connections from people around you

When you think of car repairing, buying of fuel and the stress of sitting for hours teaching Learners , it's not easy

You can comfortably sit in your shop and do your thing , I hope that helps
Yes it does. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by BlizEmmy: 4:38pm On Dec 30, 2020
Please I need Explanation on this two business choices, Clothing business or provisions store which is most lucrative, as my friend is about to start one but dnt know which is most profitable. Thanks ��
Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by merits(m): 4:40pm On Dec 30, 2020
Let me rush and learn abeg.

Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by nams77: 4:46pm On Dec 30, 2020
Ofon0909:
Driving school is better
Can you explain pls
Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by Drizzy5001(m): 5:43pm On Dec 30, 2020
Why not open a barbing saloon, the phone accessories business no get much profit, secondly, the driving school business is not a daily business and it's only once in a while, u get customers, driving school is not a business for a family man.
Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by Clefayomide: 6:37pm On Dec 30, 2020
IceColdVeins:
Personally, I'll rather start with the driving school, infact that will be my first business whenever I'm ready to start. I'll leave you a few points
-If you are in Lagos, you will understand that phone accessories business is perfectly elastic(you can't sell higher than your competitors in the already saturated market) though with a lower running cost than driving school. Simply put, in driving school business, you dictate your own price.
- A driving school busines leaves you more time for other things as you can schedule your opening time to whenever its convenient for you
- You may get to meet and bond with influential people (if you operate it in a classy environment)
- Driving school business opens door for other businesses ( Hire driving, Car wash, car sales, car registration service, uber...etc)
- You don't need to have a shop or office(from the start). Hence, no fixed cost incurred( All you need is a safe space for your practice cars)
- Government and economic policies (like border closure, exchange rate except from fuel pump price) have little or no effect on driving school business.

MODIFIED:

My points are solidly based on economic principles and personal views, I live and work in a high profile area of Lagos and trust me, the oligopolistic driving school market is thriving around me(plenty of kids, housewives and gfs of rich men that are too busy to teach them how to drive will see you as a saviour). The target market and/or market location is all that matters.
Conclusively, if the op has access to affluent regions, a driving school business would throw more favourable odds instead of the already saturated phone market.

I totally agree with everything you've said, especially your third point I know a guy who works as a driving tutor in a not too porsh area but regardless of that (the environment) he was able to meet influencial people, one of them helped him secure a job in an airport as an Engineer. Take note, the area isn't even fancy o, talk more of when it's a fancy area. I know another guy in the same driving school, this one meets daughters of influencial people, but nigga just have sex and flirt with the ones he can.
So OP I'd suggest you go for the driving school, as it opens other hustles for you, Eg helping people secure learners permit, drivers license since you're definitely going to be registered with frsc (of course you get to add your own fees)
Car sales, among others and if you Sabi network well you get to meet people
Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by EmekaA125(m): 7:05pm On Dec 30, 2020
livinbygrace:
Which kind Mumu question be this?How many people dey drive for the whole Nigeria?
You better open phone accessories now
Be polite and courteous please. The nigga seeking advice isn't quarrelling with you. Ndi mmadu n' oke iwe. Tufiakwa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by EmekaA125(m): 7:08pm On Dec 30, 2020
Chonco:
DRIVING SCHOOL. thank me later
No be person wey chop belleful dey own a car
Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by EmekaA125(m): 7:09pm On Dec 30, 2020
pek:
The point you were trying to make was lost in the insults.
That guy is fond of reckless insult. He is always angry.

1 Like

Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by EmekaA125(m): 7:12pm On Dec 30, 2020
Phone accessories along busy roads, bus stop will yield more income to you with time than opening a Driving School which you would undergo rigorous process to open and get registered. With small capital, you are good to go.
Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by ewizard1: 8:08pm On Dec 30, 2020
serenegroup:

Nope. Just that accessories sells faster. Especially the screens of phone.
Phone Screen is a Part, not accessory.

Accessories are Chargers, Pouches, etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Cost Of A Liter Of Diesel In Nigeria? / Photos Of Nigerians On Twitter Calling For #endcrazycharges In Nigeria. / Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.