Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,660 members, 7,823,872 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. (18605 Views)

What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? / Which One Is Profitable Between Opening A Bet9ja Shop And Buying a Keke For tran / Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by Ken91(m): 9:38pm On Dec 30, 2020
use the money and buy a mini bus i means keke bus or Siena start transportation business u we like it

1 Like

Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by yellowpepper: 9:43pm On Dec 30, 2020
If you save enough you can do both. Yeah.
Stop spending all those extra funds, save them today and they will save you later. Use iNest by FCMB and start today. Click link: https://i-nest.fcmb.com/welcome
Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by g4gerald: 12:18am On Dec 31, 2020
Am currently working in a driving school as an instructor, but i wud advice u go for fone accessories. In driving sch, pple come once in a while, sometimes in a long while. While the fone accessory market is more of a busy market.
To start a driving sch, u nid to get it registered so dat u can at least issue valid certificates to ur students dat can be used to apply for driver's license, and to get it register, u must have an office, at least 2 working cars to get approval from frsc, then u hv to undergo training wit frsc to get certified as a driving instructor. Don't forget u are paying for both the approval nd the training, then u're renewing ur licence yearly nd also attending workshop(seminars) organised by frsc weneva they schedule for it nd u pay to even attend it. paying ur rent for ur office nd then paying tax for ur sign post. Except u want to run a local driving sch which u won't be able to issue certificate to ur students. Wahala too many for driving sch, cars get spoilt often due to learners inability to handle properly nd u have to repair it. Plus u also pay rent/tax to the land owners of the field where u are using for practice. Don't 4get u're fueling those cars.
So baba to cut the long story short, just go for fone accessories

1 Like

Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by serenegroup(m): 1:19am On Dec 31, 2020
ewizard1:

Phone Screen is a Part, not accessory.

Accessories are Chargers, Pouches, etc.

OK noted. Thanks for the correction.
Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by hotklasicboi: 1:31am On Dec 31, 2020
IceColdVeins:
Personally, I'll rather start with the driving school, infact that will be my first business whenever I'm ready to start. I'll leave you a few points
-If you are in Lagos, you will understand that phone accessories business is perfectly elastic(you can't sell higher than your competitors in the already saturated market) though with a lower running cost than driving school. Simply put, in driving school business, you dictate your own price.
- A driving school busines leaves you more time for other things as you can schedule your opening time to whenever its convenient for you
- You may get to meet and bond with influential people (if you operate it in a classy environment)
- Driving school business opens door for other businesses ( Hire driving, Car wash, car sales, car registration service, uber...etc)
- You don't need to have a shop or office(from the start). Hence, no fixed cost incurred( All you need is a safe space for your practice cars)
- Government and economic policies (like border closure, exchange rate except from fuel pump price) have little or no effect on driving school business.

MODIFIED:

My points are solidly based on economic principles and personal views, I live and work in a high profile area of Lagos and trust me, the oligopolistic driving school market is thriving around me(plenty of kids, housewives and gfs of rich men that are too busy to teach them how to drive will see you as a saviour). The target market and/or market location is all that matters.
Conclusively, if the op has access to affluent regions, a driving school business would throw more favourable odds instead of the already saturated phone market.

Bro!
If I want to open laundry shop in ya areas
How do I go about it?
Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by samx4real(m): 5:53am On Dec 31, 2020
Omo

Na phone accessory shop go make sense pass oh

1 Like

Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by nams77: 8:23am On Dec 31, 2020
g4gerald:
Am currently working in a driving school as an instructor, but i wud advice u go for fone accessories. In driving sch, pple come once in a while, sometimes in a long while. While the fone accessory market is more of a busy market.
To start a driving sch, u nid to get it registered so dat u can at least issue valid certificates to ur students dat can be used to apply for driver's license, and to get it register, u must have an office, at least 2 working cars to get approval from frsc, then u hv to undergo training wit frsc to get certified as a driving instructor. Don't forget u are paying for both the approval nd the training, then u're renewing ur licence yearly nd also attending workshop(seminars) organised by frsc weneva they schedule for it nd u pay to even attend it. paying ur rent for ur office nd then paying tax for ur sign post. Except u want to run a local driving sch which u won't be able to issue certificate to ur students. Wahala too many for driving sch, cars get spoilt often due to learners inability to handle properly nd u have to repair it. Plus u also pay rent/tax to the land owners of the field where u are using for practice. Don't 4get u're fueling those cars.
So baba to cut the long story short, just go for fone accessories
Wonderful summary. End of Discussion. Thank you for your points.
Lalatisclala and other mods, myndd44 this is why we request for FP sometimes.
This is a very rich response from real experience.
Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by nams77: 8:26am On Dec 31, 2020
Ken91:
use the money and buy a mini bus i means keke bus or Siena start transportation business u we like it
Cash may not be able to capture that but the sienna option is valid
Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by ItrendNaija(m): 7:32pm On Dec 31, 2020
yellowpepper:
If you save enough you can do both. Yeah.
Stop spending all those extra funds, save them today and they will save you later. Use iNest by FCMB and start today. Click link: https://i-nest.fcmb.com/welcome

I want to start this iNEST saving but I want to ask, can I withdraw my savings before reaching my goal or I must reach my goal before I can withdraw?
Re: Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. by Idaytesj29(m): 2:08pm On Nov 17, 2021
olurili:
you are a wicked sumbori,the day I try this your tactic on Ibadan road, I almost kill okada rider,like 5 of them,since that day I no near motor say I want drive again

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Cost Of A Liter Of Diesel In Nigeria? / Photos Of Nigerians On Twitter Calling For #endcrazycharges In Nigeria. / Banks Resume Transfers For FX Cash Deposits (screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.