Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,623 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria (30771 Views)

Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies / House Of Representatives To Legalise Indian Hemp Use For Economic Benefits / South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 30, 2020
Very welcome development at least now the real sellers and growers will come out from hiding and there will be variety in the market not to talk of CBD oils and other useful products. And for those hypocrites saying all sorts of bull here I hope you don’t like America and Canada as well . Nonsense

5 Likes

Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by FreeLine: 1:09pm On Dec 30, 2020
NaMeAboki:
Hope they don't succeed; otherwise Nigeria is bound to face more spike in drug induced crime among our vulnerable youths.
What are you saying.
Even at the moment it is easy to access cannabis. Unless you are not looking for it.
The legalisation process will only boost its production and commercialization.

2 Likes

Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by hotseat: 1:09pm On Dec 30, 2020
It may tarry but will one day be decriminalised.

Marijuana is not bad in itself but in its abuse.

There was a time to drink ogogoro was tagged illicit gin and an offense but not anymore.

Today, no one is compelled to drink alcohol or ogogoro. It's ones choice.

If Igbo is not conducive to you, then abstain from it.

Doctors smoke it!

Lawyers smoke it!

Ants love it!

It's God's creation for recreation right from the beginning!

3 Likes

Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by pinkguy(m): 1:11pm On Dec 30, 2020
they want to divit attention of the people from the fulani agenda
Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by Farki: 1:11pm On Dec 30, 2020
Litmus:
If Nigeria legalizes Cannabis, Neighboring African nations will grow them at an industrial scale and sell them to you Nigerians, turning swaths of jobless youths into useless zombie like addicts and psychopaths. And I know your African neighbors will do a good job of growing them since they are only prolific when it comes to the Evil Negative Industries such as selling small arms, organizing theft of your cattle that result in the killing of your farmers, women and children in the process; spreading fake news from their troll houses etc. they’ll also be good at it because some Western nations will invest heavily since there is a history of making good profit by turning black people into drug addicts. And, no, Cannabis isn’t benign and harmless.

How many people have died from cannabis overdose?

How does it compare to the people who died from alcohol and perception drugs which are legal?

This is a repeat of the alcohol prohibition movement of the 1900s which ended in disaster.

1 Like

Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by aleeyus(m): 1:12pm On Dec 30, 2020
FREEMADNESS:

SMOKERS ARE LIABLE TO DIE YOUNG -
IF YOU ARE A NIGERIAN YOU ARE ALSO LIABLE TO DIE YOUNG.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 30, 2020
Racoon:
Nigeria is already suffering from many ills aside political misgovernance(violent crimes, child molestation, domestic abuses, insurgency, prostitution etc) that are compounded by economic depression, worsening mental state, increasing frustration & resort to substance abuse (which also include drugs) and gun-running.

Even regulatory agencies like NAFDAC, NSCDC,Customs,
etc in our airports, rail stations, borders & within are finding it increasingly difficult to exert control let alone stem the tide of illicit drug abuse.So why cant the HOR part of NASS legislate on how to reduce cost of governance by;

-Severely cutting on their over-bloated pay or merging into a unicameral legislation,
-Reducing the numbers of govt MDAs witj multiplicity of functions consuming the budget.
-Proscribing the death sentencing for convicted corruption either by "harikira" ,hanging, electrocution, or firing squad among many?

Instead they are rather wanting to be anti-people in compounding the woes on ground by choosing to legalize Marijuana of all things? This is an explosive disaster waiting.

Three years ago, I would have agreed with you....(and to a large extent, marijuana is a bad thing really)

But legalization means regulation means extra taxes....means more income for the treasury...which is why most countries legalize Indian hemp.

Plus, we get to regulate quality...which means that people won't be just growing the stuff anyhow.....

Plus it reduces our dependence on oil money self.

Plus, we legalize alcohol and cigarettes...which are just as bad for people as Indian hemp.

All you have mentioned is important. But the fact is, we also need more money in our treasury...and legalization helps that aim.

(And no, I don't smoke the stuff, nor do i drink or smoke tobacco)

Marijuana can be used for a host of other things, like making rope, hair products, etc.

1 Like

Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by OdenKelechi(m): 1:14pm On Dec 30, 2020
They should hurry up and legalize it....I'm ready to be a farmer

1 Like

Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 30, 2020
Good idea.

Yes, I don't smoke the stuff, and yes, I think it is bad for your health.

But the reason why this is attractive...regulation and taxation and standardization.

Means more income for the nation long term.
Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by aeronot(m): 1:16pm On Dec 30, 2020
Our legislators are thinking out of the box...
Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by DoubleEngine007: 1:17pm On Dec 30, 2020
thaoriginator:
That guy have seen the future... And it's bright. grin
grin
Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by OBIPLUS(m): 1:18pm On Dec 30, 2020
Good move .

1 Like

Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by matiandu(m): 1:22pm On Dec 30, 2020
hello! you just talked about weed candy. hope is not d same choko we all know White is more deadly than smoking it(weed).
Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by Masterclass32: 1:23pm On Dec 30, 2020
Thought cannabis was illegal just a few yrs ago. What changed? Must we legalize it becos the west legalized it?

This our copy and paste will destroy us one day.

Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by TimeTraveler369: 1:23pm On Dec 30, 2020
I tried this cannabis once and it makes one very procrastinatory.

Very lazy, it makes one, very lazy.

I do not recommend it for productive minds.
Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by vRendoh(m): 1:24pm On Dec 30, 2020
Anything and everything for the dollar!
Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by vRendoh(m): 1:25pm On Dec 30, 2020
Masterclass32:
Thought cannabis was illegal just a few yrs ago. What changed? Must we legalize it becos the west legalized it?

This our copy and paste will destroy us one day.

For dollar...na for export
Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by MozB: 1:26pm On Dec 30, 2020
Something they should have done since.. The economy don crumble totally, yet they still go in and burn down large hecters of Marijuana farms in this 21st centuty o...

1 Like

Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 30, 2020
We the Law abiding Weed eaters are fully in Support...It will generate revenue and save some taxpayers money.

1 Like

Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by Lightangel65: 1:28pm On Dec 30, 2020
PopSmoke:
abeg fast fast

weed is life

argue with your yansh

after all nah we and these reps dey smoke am together
Abi make them legelize am US, south Africa and Ghana have already done it all our weed users in the house shout out

1 Like

Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by paulshedrach31(m): 1:32pm On Dec 30, 2020
It is important we weigh certain bills by their consequent effects and the attendant results before presenting them to the floor of the house. We must understand that; the consequences of some decisions we make, spell disaster on the teaming population. I may wish to ask: is this bill developmental or destructive?, is it utilitarian in nature?, i hope we will not resort to building rehab centres later?, does this bill reduce the crimes and vices we are already battling with or empower them?. I will therefore suggest, that a proper research be carried out on societies who have legalized such and study the lives of the populace before progressing with such, if it is beneficial to all concern. Rather than channel the available resources to building rehabilitation centres in the nearest future, as a result of the legalizing, we should commit ourselves to human development. I will advice that: we don't use destructive methods or measures to generate revenue.
Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by Dedetwo(m): 1:39pm On Dec 30, 2020
Things which could add to the safety of Nigerians are not looked upon by these goons. When is it the time to liberally legalize the wearing guns in Nigeria? The citizens of Nigeria are in dire need of safe environment.
Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by NaMeAboki: 1:40pm On Dec 30, 2020
FreeLine:

What are you saying.
Even at the moment it is easy to access cannabis. Unless you are not looking for it.
The legalisation process will only boost its production and commercialization.

Yes it would; just as much as it would increase consumption along with its unwanted consequences of crime and addiction.
Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by bishopkay: 1:40pm On Dec 30, 2020
mosdii:
They should fasten the process with immediate alacrity.

MJ, AZ, SK, COLO all of them...

Make dem no legalize that useless Colo strain o. That one na bandit
Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by MrBONE2(m): 1:44pm On Dec 30, 2020
PopSmoke:
abeg fast fast

weed is life

argue with your yansh

after all nah we and these reps dey smoke am together
grin

1 Like

Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by ujezeez(m): 1:56pm On Dec 30, 2020
long overdue...make I get ready to register my cannabis company

1 Like

Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by IgboWarlord(m): 1:58pm On Dec 30, 2020
Weed been dey illegal before??..I did not notice.

2 Likes

Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by govomotors: 1:59pm On Dec 30, 2020
This will be a welcome development for Kwali (Delta state) to contribute to the foreign exchange earning.

1 Like

Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by Accountantikye(m): 1:59pm On Dec 30, 2020
Legalcriminal:
This will be the best news this year for some people.
Anyway na Wealth Plant just suffering discrimination. Now boys can weed anywhere with no fear of NDLEA.

From all of us at Nairaland:
We say a big thanks to Hon. Miriam Onuoha he is a real nigga.
he abi she
Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by Hallabee1(m): 2:01pm On Dec 30, 2020
Charmingrascal:
They should legalize it
We have to diversify our economy
We have to create jobs for entrepreneurs.

If weed is legalize I know how to make weed candy and snacks.

You don't necessarily have to smoke it, smoking is harmful.

Take weed candy and snacks you will still feel good and irie.

I will train many youths how to make safe weed candy free of charge, but now that weed is criminalized I can't even tell anyone that I know how to make those things talk more of train people.

who be your proff self
Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by Hallabee1(m): 2:02pm On Dec 30, 2020
Zico5:
They want to legalise IGBO so that more useless individuals can litter our environment. They just want to make youths more unproductive so that they can continue to render them more useless. The man footing the bill must first introduce the Indian helm to his first born then we will know how productive this Indian helm is to the society. Very disgusting set of individuals calling themselves honourable.

Aje...
you no well ... you won spoil market for us abi...

1 Like

Re: Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria by newoffer: 2:03pm On Dec 30, 2020
They should also allow Prostitution and Alcohol . That area is not remitting money to the coffers of the FG

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

LP: We Regret Making Peter Obi Our Presidential Candidate – Apapa-faction / Photos From Peter Obi's Campaign At Ariaria Market, Aba / Halliburton Scandal: Buhari May Go After IBB, Abdulsalami, Jubril Aminu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.