Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,174 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies (25470 Views)

LP Candidates Defeat PDP Reps Members In Enugu’s Seven Constituencies / Sowore: Don't We Get Tired Of Punishment People Who Vote APC Love Suffering / NASS Landlords: Lawmakers Who Have Spent 20 Years In Senate, House Of Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by GardenOfGod(m): 4:44pm On Sep 04, 2021
LAWMAKERS WHO VOTE TO LEGALISE CANNABIS WON’T BE ABLE TO RETURN TO CONSTITUENCIES –Marwa

The Chairman of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, Brig. Gen. Buba Marwa (retd.), on Friday said ongoing moves to legalise cannabis would fail at the National Assembly.

This was as he warned that any legislator at the National Assembly who vote to legalise cannabis would not dare return to their constituencies.

Marwa said this on Friday while addressing State House correspondents after a meeting with the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The NDLEA boss said cannabis had destroyed a lot of lives across the country and should not be legalised for monetary profits.

He added that the World Health Organisation had confirmed the dangers of the substance to the brain, adding that Nigeria is the highest consumer.

He said, “So, while we appreciate those who want to legalise it for financial gains, we have to be careful to reconcile it with life. So, it’s money versus life. And up to this point, science has not developed up to the point where it can remove the THC in cannabis to zero.

“Therefore, cannabis is harmful to our health; it is a danger to society. We must never allow its legalisation. What’s more, Nigeria has 10.6 million cannabis users; this is the highest in the world. Isn’t it sad?

“We can never support legalisation and I don’t see how the National Assembly would pass the Act because I know 90 per cent or more of the honorable and distinguished members of the National Assembly know the implications of this legalisation.

“They dare not go back to their constituencies if anyone signs legalisation because we’re seeing the implication on the ground. The youths, the families are being destroyed because of cannabis and drugs. It wouldn’t be legalised by the grace of God.”
Source:
https://punchng.com/lawmakers-who-vote-to-legalise-cannabis-wont-be-able-to-return-to-constituencies-marwa/

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Ammishaddai: 4:50pm On Sep 04, 2021
This man has a point .

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by cocolacec(m): 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2021
GardenOfGod:

Source:
https://punchng.com/lawmakers-who-vote-to-legalise-cannabis-wont-be-able-to-return-to-constituencies-marwa/

Lalasticlala
Marwa,the foolish mallam.Cannabis has many uses like medicine,fish feed,source of protein,housing,bags and shoes etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYPqs304_yI&noapp=1

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by urbobo20(m): 5:07pm On Sep 04, 2021
Even as it's now people are running mad cause of Igbo ,is it when they legalized it that will cure their madness

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Blue3k(m): 5:10pm On Sep 04, 2021
Even if its legalized on a federal level we all know certain states are well within their authority to ban it. I wish polling agencies would study the issue. The issue will be more popular in certain places and among certain demographics.

BTW he may also be against it for his own financial reasons. The agencies budget can be scaled back if they legalized weed.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Totilopussylick(m): 5:22pm On Sep 04, 2021
Weather legalized or No legalize I get my source.

178 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Nuelito: 5:24pm On Sep 04, 2021
Local man is just speechless

2 Likes

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by temitope27(m): 5:49pm On Sep 04, 2021
Na dem wan vote

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Buckeyemedia1: 5:54pm On Sep 04, 2021
Ammishaddai:
This man has a point .
What point? If the National Assembly passes a law that decriminalized marijuana, who is he to question them? Who made the law that banned a Jah given leaf in the 1st place? If not them Babylonians. Even former President Olusegun Obasanjo has called for the decriminalizing of weed.

135 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Freestainworld(m): 6:03pm On Sep 04, 2021
Weed is medicinal, if not for weed, how would a person like Naira Marley get inspiration grin

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Charmingrascal(m): 6:07pm On Sep 04, 2021
Marijuana is not as bad as these people portray it.

I am not talking about buds laced with chemical such as SK and the rest but real marijuana eases stress and reduces tension.

103 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Ammishaddai: 6:08pm On Sep 04, 2021
[s]
Buckeyemedia1:
What point? If the National Assembly passes a law that decriminalized marijuana, who is he to question them? Who made the law that banned a Jah given leaf in the 1st place? If not them Babylonians. Even former President Olusegun Obasanjo has called for the decriminalizing of weed.
[/s] I know you're eager to start smoking ,but at least use the remaining sense you have to stay the fvck off my mentions

26 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Hugged: 7:46pm On Sep 04, 2021
grin grin

And My Dealer Just Tell me say he dey for our ESTATE GATE !!!

ABEG WEAH MY CAR KEY ... MAKE I GO COLLECT MY PACKAGING !!!

WHO LAW HELP !!!

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Bedtec: 7:47pm On Sep 04, 2021
this stupid man is foolish....... Rep weh pass the bill na him we go vote again .....
.Weed for life.......

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by money121(m): 7:47pm On Sep 04, 2021
Ok
Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:48pm On Sep 04, 2021
Therefore, cannabis is harmful to our health; it is a danger to society. We must never allow its legalisation. What’s more, Nigeria has 10.6 million cannabis users; this is the highest in the world. Isn’t it sad?

“We can never support legalisation and I don’t see how the National Assembly would pass the Act because I know 90 per cent or more of the honorable and distinguished members of the National Assembly know the implications of this legalisation.

“They dare not go back to their constituencies if anyone signs legalisation because we’re seeing the implication on the ground. The youths, the families are being destroyed because of cannabis and drugs. It wouldn’t be legalised by the grace of God.”
Cannabis according to the medical Doctors has it's many good benefits in medicine
But it's a shame and a pity that in our darling country, 99% of it's users misuse and abuse this substance.
They smoke and inhale it, get high and start going around raping, robbing and killing innocent people.

Only very few people smoke it, stay indoors in their abode, think of how to better their lives and sleep to wake up to being a better human.

Na so bad people don take pour sand sand for good people garri.

Shaking our heads.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by GboyegaD(m): 7:48pm On Sep 04, 2021
Hmm... so they can't represent their people any more?

2 Likes

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by crossfm: 7:48pm On Sep 04, 2021
Buhari is the main problem of Nigeria,not weed smokers.

Most weed smokers are more useful than our corrupt politician's.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Mr100Dollars: 7:48pm On Sep 04, 2021
Marijuana is Médical

Marijuana is Spiritual

Marijuana gives Joy

Marijuana is a source of Inspiration

Marijuana is a remedy for sleep

Marijuana burst appetite

Every household needs to plant marijuana in their gardens instead of flowers.

Legalize this thing.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by professore(m): 7:48pm On Sep 04, 2021
Those behind legalising cannabis for selfish interest forgot that their generation might later fall victim of cannabis smokers. Let's have posterity in mind even if we think we are untouchable. That is why I love white men, they have the lives that will exist after them in mind that is why they try their best to leave good legacies behind. Even the policy of cut a tree and plant 2 trees is to ensure better life for the upcoming ones. But blacks are always thinking of "myself" and "today".

6 Likes

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by SeyiDominion: 7:50pm On Sep 04, 2021
Hmn...

Is Marwa the electorate or the voters that will determine who will return to the national assembly?

He has a point about the worrisome consumption of cannabis in Nigeria but saying that such pro cannabis legislators will not return is becoming imperial.

5 Likes

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Sonnobax15(m): 7:50pm On Sep 04, 2021
grin
Mumu legislators..... Nothing dey their heads apart from so so shiit.....
You were elected into that house to bring development to your constituency,instead,na igbo una wor legalize.....

Rubbish...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Americafighter: 7:50pm On Sep 04, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] I know you're eager to start smoking ,but at least use the remaining sense you have to stay the fvck off my mentions
You be idiot.... There is no fucking problem with weed being legalized... If you can't smoke get the Bleep off

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by karkel(m): 7:50pm On Sep 04, 2021
They will be welcome in my own constituency ok

6 Likes

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by chiiraq802(m): 7:50pm On Sep 04, 2021
Whether they legalize it or not. I go continue to drag AZ wetin no good.
For it is cap "it is not illegal unless you get caught".

15 Likes

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Americafighter: 7:50pm On Sep 04, 2021
post=105492948:
Reading
Na nonsense you go still say

9 Likes

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Bedtec: 7:51pm On Sep 04, 2021
post=105492948:
Reading
Them no dey see you for post when fulani attack citizens ... Come and drop your long boring speech

24 Likes

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Naijanascam: 7:51pm On Sep 04, 2021
Like those that voted against electronic transmission of election results should not be returning also.........

2 Likes

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by ATEAMS: 7:51pm On Sep 04, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Muyiwaipere(m): 7:52pm On Sep 04, 2021
A
Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Ammishaddai: 7:53pm On Sep 04, 2021
Americafighter:

You be idiot.... There is no fucking problem with weed being legalized... If you can't smoke get the Bleep off
Another user spotted

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marwa: Lawmakers Who Vote To Legalise Cannabis Won’t To Return To Constituencies by Ojycelarma: 7:53pm On Sep 04, 2021
Which one is in the name of God

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aregbesola Addresses Osun People On APC Primary Election / Coronation Of Sanusi Lamido As The 14th Emir Of Kano (Photos) / What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.