Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

Who Has Been Nigeria's Most Prolific President Since The Return To Democracy? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Has Been Nigeria's Most Prolific President Since The Return To Democracy? (703 Views)

Betsy Obaseki Beats 21 Persons To Emerge Most Prolific First Lady Of The Year / Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) / Donald Duke: Atiku Has Been Contesting For President Since 1992 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has Been Nigeria's Most Prolific President Since The Return To Democracy? by privaldo: 4:46pm On Dec 30, 2020
Nigeria has had four presidents since its return to democracy, all of whom have brought some level of development to the nation.

So I would like to know which of these Presidents stood out for you in terms of the level of development, standard of living, security, and economic policies.

You can state your reasons why you feel one is/was better than all others.

Like your preferred candidate to vote.
Re: Who Has Been Nigeria's Most Prolific President Since The Return To Democracy? by privaldo: 4:47pm On Dec 30, 2020
Dr. Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Has Been Nigeria's Most Prolific President Since The Return To Democracy? by privaldo: 4:48pm On Dec 30, 2020
Umaru Musa Yar'Adua

6 Likes

Re: Who Has Been Nigeria's Most Prolific President Since The Return To Democracy? by privaldo: 4:51pm On Dec 30, 2020
Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has Been Nigeria's Most Prolific President Since The Return To Democracy? by privaldo: 4:51pm On Dec 30, 2020
Muhammadu Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Who Has Been Nigeria's Most Prolific President Since The Return To Democracy? by culf: 4:51pm On Dec 30, 2020
yar'adua

#PMB would have been but powers that be wouldn't let him, same as Jonathan.
Re: Who Has Been Nigeria's Most Prolific President Since The Return To Democracy? by SocialJustice: 5:03pm On Dec 30, 2020
Yar Adua. The rest are useless clowns.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Been Nigeria's Most Prolific President Since The Return To Democracy? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 30, 2020
Don't get USELESS people on my face again except it's UMARU YAR'ADUA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has Been Nigeria's Most Prolific President Since The Return To Democracy? by adenigga(m): 5:19pm On Dec 30, 2020
privaldo:
Dr. Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo

Love or Hate him....

Obasanjo!!!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has Been Nigeria's Most Prolific President Since The Return To Democracy? by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 5:21pm On Dec 30, 2020
Obasanjo had the dirty job of cleaning up decades of mess left by the military including the stifling debt they left us, Yar'Adua didn't have much time to operate but we all saw his goodwill and intentions. Maybe GEJ was bad, to me he wasn't assertive enough but we as a country never deserved this plague called Buhari who has hands down been the worst thing to ever assume leadership over this country since 1914.

Obasanjo wins it for me cool

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has Been Nigeria's Most Prolific President Since The Return To Democracy? by nettpen: 5:33pm On Dec 30, 2020
Obasanjo did well but a country coming out of military rule, I will say he tried a little.

Yaradua had good plans but death snatched him, I think he would have been the best.

Goodluck had good plans but corrupt followers made us see the bad side of his governance. In all he is a good man & I will the best so far in electoral reforms.

Buhari, that one is a disaster that I wish to forget.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has Been Nigeria's Most Prolific President Since The Return To Democracy? by peacekante: 5:36pm On Dec 30, 2020
Buhari hands down. Painfully two things will Rob him off this position. One was beyond his control. The other one he failed ridiculously like the others before him.

1, The oil price limited his Performance in key sectors of the country. From indication, NIGERIA would have gotten more infrastructures if he had seen the kind of oil Revenue the others before him saw. Who knows econmy of the country may have improved better than what we have.

2, Security. He failed ridiculously like I said. This was surprising to people like us. But he failed here.

Note; Some of the things holding us back is still very evident. Corruption. He also failed in corruption like the rest.

No president since 1999 has done what president buhari has done. What he did in 5years is by far better than the 16years of the rest.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has Been Nigeria's Most Prolific President Since The Return To Democracy? by Samunique(m): 5:47pm On Dec 30, 2020
Baba Iyabo of course !
Re: Who Has Been Nigeria's Most Prolific President Since The Return To Democracy? by richiemcgold: 5:48pm On Dec 30, 2020
if the word 'prolific' should be considered based on English context, I'll say none of them was or is prolific.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has Been Nigeria's Most Prolific President Since The Return To Democracy? by Arrewa: 5:48pm On Dec 30, 2020
Re: Who Has Been Nigeria's Most Prolific President Since The Return To Democracy? by chozzy: 6:21pm On Dec 30, 2020
peacekante:
Buhari hands down. Painfully two things will Rob him off this position. One was beyond his control. The other one he failed ridiculously like the others before him.

1, The oil price limited his Performance in key sectors of the country. From indication, NIGERIA would have gotten more infrastructures if he had seen the kind of oil Revenue the others before him saw. Who knows econmy of the country may have improved better than what we have.

2, Security. He failed ridiculously like I said. This was surprising to people like us. But he failed here.

Note; Some of the things holding us back is still very evident. Corruption. He also failed in corruption like the rest.

No president since 1999 has done what president buhari has done. What he did in 5years is by far better than the 16years of the rest.

Oga, your Buhari has borrowed in 6yrs more than GEJ's budget in 5yrs.
Keep fooling yourself talking about drop in oil price.

Before you reply me, educate yourself with debts incurred by Buhari's govt first.
Mind you, these debts are to be paid by future govts

4 Likes

Re: Who Has Been Nigeria's Most Prolific President Since The Return To Democracy? by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:24pm On Dec 30, 2020
OBJ joor grin grin

Talk about reforms all over.

Economic reforms that brought our GDP to a whopping 7% growth YoY, which led to the present middle class which is crumbling under dis inept govt.

Pension reforms which led to even private sector having pensions for their staff and which this lecherous govt is now borrowing from.

Financial reforms which led to banks and insurance capitalisation which has made our banks major players in Africa and the world at large rendering world class financial services.

Public sector reforms which led to servicom, ICT in govt business etc

Anti-corruption which led to ICPC, Efcc NFIU etc

Telecoms sector reforms which we don't need to say much about.

We've not had a president who commands international respect and admiration like OBJ. Talk about hosting two sitting US presidents back to back, debt relief, the first of its kind in Africa, birthing the AU, Charles Taylor affair etc etc.

Lastly, while he may have his flaws, you can't debate the fact that he was someone who could engage the populace on issues, gave every part of the country a sense of belonging and ensured only the best hands were put in position and not for nepotistic considerations.
Thumbs up to OBJ joor

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Has Been Nigeria's Most Prolific President Since The Return To Democracy? by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 6:27pm On Dec 30, 2020
chozzy:

Before you reply me, educate yourself with debts incurred by Buhari's govt first.
anytime they try to cloak that walking disaster as a messiah, they end up looking more stűpid

3 Likes

Re: Who Has Been Nigeria's Most Prolific President Since The Return To Democracy? by Endoscopy: 6:37pm On Dec 30, 2020
The truth is that they all have the GOOD, BAD and UGLY part
Re: Who Has Been Nigeria's Most Prolific President Since The Return To Democracy? by Okoroawusa: 6:39pm On Dec 30, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari
Re: Who Has Been Nigeria's Most Prolific President Since The Return To Democracy? by rolams(m): 6:42pm On Dec 30, 2020
My father
Re: Who Has Been Nigeria's Most Prolific President Since The Return To Democracy? by peacekante: 8:50pm On Dec 30, 2020
chozzy:

Most times you people just come here to talk rubbish. Nigeria present Government met $63B debt and it is presently at $87B .

Opec released a record of revenue made from oil sale by countries and Jonathan and Obasanjo made more money than this Government. Infact only Jonathan made over $480B while this Government is yet to make up to $180B in 5years. Still it has been able to do by far better than the other Government before it.
Re: Who Has Been Nigeria's Most Prolific President Since The Return To Democracy? by Carlyscales: 10:25pm On Dec 30, 2020
peacekante:

Oya naaa!

tell us what he did in 5yrs that's better than d 16yrs of orthers abeg

1 Like

Re: Who Has Been Nigeria's Most Prolific President Since The Return To Democracy? by Fahdiga1: 10:30pm On Dec 30, 2020
OBJ without doubt

1 Like

Re: Who Has Been Nigeria's Most Prolific President Since The Return To Democracy? by bigpicture001: 10:53pm On Dec 30, 2020
nettpen:
Obasanjo did well but a country coming out of military rule, I will say he tried a little.

Yaradua had good plans but death snatched him, I think he would have been the best.

Goodluck had good plans but corrupt followers made us see the bad side of his governance. In all he is a good man & I will the best so far in electoral reforms.

Buhari, that one is a disaster that I wish to forget.
.what good plans do ya
r'dua had
Re: Who Has Been Nigeria's Most Prolific President Since The Return To Democracy? by bigpicture001: 10:56pm On Dec 30, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:
OBJ joor grin grin

Talk about reforms all over.

Economic reforms that brought our GDP to a whopping 7% growth YoY, which led to the present middle class which is crumbling under dis inept govt.

Pension reforms which led to even private sector having pensions for their staff and which this lecherous govt is now borrowing from.

Financial reforms which led to banks and insurance capitalisation which has made our banks major players in Africa and the world at large rendering world class financial services.

Public sector reforms which led to servicom, ICT in govt business etc

Anti-corruption which led to ICPC, Efcc NFIU etc

Telecoms sector reforms which we don't need to say much about.

We've not had a president who commands international respect and admiration like OBJ. Talk about hosting two sitting US presidents back to back, debt relief, the first of its kind in Africa, birthing the AU, Charles Taylor affair etc etc.

Lastly, while he may have his flaws, you can't debate the fact that he was someone who could engage the populace on issues, gave every part of the country a sense of belonging and ensured only the best hands were put in position and not for nepotistic considerations.
Thumbs up to OBJ joor

Leave children to b saying wot dey don't know anything about
Re: Who Has Been Nigeria's Most Prolific President Since The Return To Democracy? by chozzy: 6:43am On Jan 01, 2021
peacekante:

Most times you people just come here to talk rubbish. Nigeria present Government met $63B debt and it is presently at $87B .

Opec released a record of revenue made from oil sale by countries and Jonathan and Obasanjo made more money than this Government. Infact only Jonathan made over $480B while this Government is yet to make up to $180B in 5years. Still it has been able to do by far better than the other Government before it.

Who's this ZOMBIE?
Why are all Buhari's supporters as dumb as the man himself?

Oga, there's a thread today on front page about Nigeria's debt stock.
The post (culled from PUNCH) discusses how Buhari inherited 12 trillion Naira debt but has increased
it to 32 trillion in just 5yrs.

Mind you, PUNCH quoted the Debt Management Office (DMO).

See the link below
https://www.nairaland.com/6340262/nigerias-debt-profile-rises-32.2

(1) (Reply)

Igbos Beware!!! See Why Igbo Presidency Is Such A Weak Idea / Guerilla Warfare: Ogboriefon And Ogedengbe / Gombe: Mai Tangale Selection Crises.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.