Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,875 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

This Dog Barks And Pursue Me Always - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / This Dog Barks And Pursue Me Always (2311 Views)

Dog Barks Making Me Go Crazy. / My Dog Hardly Barks / What Breed Is This Dog??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Dog Barks And Pursue Me Always by jobgbemi(m): 5:47am On Dec 31, 2020
Please help!

I just packed into a new apartment and the compound has a dog. It's been 3 weeks now and the dog is yet to stop barking and pursuing me immediately I open the gate or even come out of my balcony.
I stay in the last flat to the back of the compound. So, I was informed the dog sees the gate and the back as his territory.

I always have to wait for someone to take me in and take me out. Even to spread washed clothes, I have to call someone to join me.

Please, what can I do to make this dog like me. I have been buying him food. Yet, no changes.

I always stay with the people anytime they are outside so he could see me with them. Still, no changes.

Please help, what can I do??

Thanks!
Re: This Dog Barks And Pursue Me Always by oz4real83(m): 5:54am On Dec 31, 2020
Is the landlord the owner of the dog? If it belongs to a co-tenant, tell or she to put the dog on leash. Dogs should only be roaming the house freely at night or when nobody is at home, u can't be living in fear in a house u are paying for. If it belongs to the landlord, same thing also applies.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Dog Barks And Pursue Me Always by Tapout(m): 6:08am On Dec 31, 2020
Does the Dog growl before barking? Are you the only one who experiences this in the compound? Why? Becuse it might just be excited to see you and wants to play, not necessarily chasing you to maybe harm you as you think. Besides what breed of dog is it??

2 Likes

Re: This Dog Barks And Pursue Me Always by timibare(m): 6:29am On Dec 31, 2020
poison the dog on a low....u can't be living in fear despite the fact u paid ur rent in full.... P.S don't warn the landord or tenant about the dog....so u not gonna be the prime suspect....like I said on a low

2 Likes

Re: This Dog Barks And Pursue Me Always by SIRRITE: 6:35am On Dec 31, 2020
Buy her the type of food no body is buying, it can be fried heard of fish or biscuit, and makes u through it at her but do it when she is on chain, and always use a particular plate or colour of bags, so anytime she sees u with that plate or bags she will know food done set, do it for like 7-10 days u will be her best friend.

1 Like

Re: This Dog Barks And Pursue Me Always by Nobody: 6:50am On Dec 31, 2020
It must be a bulldog... I have reason to suspect that it is a bulldog. sad

That breed can be overzealous and unyielding sometimes.
Re: This Dog Barks And Pursue Me Always by illicit(m): 7:07am On Dec 31, 2020
Dogs can smell fear....

It's natural

2 Likes

Re: This Dog Barks And Pursue Me Always by mainkendo: 7:10am On Dec 31, 2020
I for don break that dog neck .
Re: This Dog Barks And Pursue Me Always by chizzypresh(f): 8:14am On Dec 31, 2020
mainkendo:
I for don break that dog neck .

shocked shocked
Re: This Dog Barks And Pursue Me Always by CrazyCrane: 10:40am On Dec 31, 2020
timibare:
poison the dog on a low....u can't be living in fear despite the fact u paid ur rent in full.... P.S don't warn the landord or tenant about the dog....so u not gonna be the prime suspect....like I said on a low
Really? That's cruel
Re: This Dog Barks And Pursue Me Always by timibare(m): 12:56pm On Dec 31, 2020
CrazyCrane:

Really? That's cruel
but if the dog bites him it's not cruel ryt? well....that's my suggestion tho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Dog Barks And Pursue Me Always by bigseank(m): 5:40am On Jan 02, 2021
SIRRITE:
Buy her the type of food no body is buying, it can be fried heard of fish or biscuit, and makes u through it at her but do it when she is on chain, and always use a particular plate or colour of bags, so anytime she sees u with that plate or bags she will know food done set, do it for like 7-10 days u will be her best friend.

Best suggestion so far. see just invest in fried turkey. it doesn't have to be much, just a little. As soon as it looks at you before it barks, give it to him. Also your confidence matters, dont be scared stand your ground. by the fourth or fifth time it would begin getting excited about seeing you.
Re: This Dog Barks And Pursue Me Always by harmargedon: 7:22am On Jan 02, 2021
feed the dog once and that's all, you'll be it's best friend.
Re: This Dog Barks And Pursue Me Always by Kingnutts(m): 12:44pm On Jan 02, 2021
Show no fear. That's just it.. U don't have to be nice or friendly with the dog for now, once it understands ur not afraid then nothing go supp.. D dog no need up to 3weeks to know u dey live for compound, he knows already, na ur fear dey make am bully u.. See, walk around with a plank or something like DAT, if he near u then u threaten to wipe him, he go maintain distance, or, just put ur hand on d floor Like u bout to pick up a stone walahi he go shift back.. If e no work then wipe the stupidity out d dog even if it means u hurt it or break a bone, they live for that pain n that is what will make dem learn to back off... Nobody go hold u responsible for injuring a dog dat wanted to attack u in a compound u reside.. Even landlord can get sued if his dog bites his tenant or a visitor, dogs shouldn't roam free in a compound like that.. Don't waste ur money feeding another man's dog, if u can make the dog understand he should fear you then u can give it treats once a while to build a good relationship otherwise he go use u catch cruise wella..

2 Likes

Re: This Dog Barks And Pursue Me Always by 44Bulldog(m): 12:48pm On Jan 03, 2021
timibare:

If u try this with my dog and I find out you're the culprit....forget it, I'll kill you on the low as well. Aswear down undecided
Re: This Dog Barks And Pursue Me Always by timibare(m): 9:21pm On Jan 03, 2021
44Bulldog:

If u try this with my dog and I find out you're the culprit....forget it, I'll kill you on the low as well. Aswear down undecided
e go shock u

2 Likes

Re: This Dog Barks And Pursue Me Always by 44Bulldog(m): 12:31am On Jan 04, 2021
timibare:
e go shock u

Just the way E go shock u too.....in hell undecided
Re: This Dog Barks And Pursue Me Always by timibare(m): 7:04am On Jan 04, 2021
44Bulldog:

Just the way E go shock u too.....in hell undecided
k

1 Like

Re: This Dog Barks And Pursue Me Always by jobgbemi(m): 4:04pm On Jan 19, 2021
Thanks everyone for the advices and suggestions. Mufaza and I am now friends. I followed the food own, only that he now expect something from me every time he sees me. Either going to work in the morning or even coming back, he would expect biscuit or something.
Though, he doesn't allow me touch him, but he does not bark at me again.

Can a dog that's already friendly with you change again because you discontinue food?

I work with a construction firm and we can be on site for months, sometimes years. We only come home once in a while during our off periods.

Now, if I leave the compound for about a year, will he still recognise me anytime I return?

Thanks so much
Re: This Dog Barks And Pursue Me Always by harmargedon: 8:23pm On Jan 20, 2021
jobgbemi:
Thanks everyone for the advices and suggestions. Mufaza and I am now friends. I followed the food own, only that he now expect something from me every time he sees me. Either going to work in the morning or even coming back, he would expect biscuit or something.
Though, he doesn't allow me touch him, but he does not bark at me again.

Can a dog that's already friendly with you change again because you discontinue food?

I work with a construction firm and we can be on site for months, sometimes years. We only come home once in a while during our off periods.

Now, if I leave the compound for about a year, will he still recognise me anytime I return?

Thanks so much
Dogs have amazing memories, because they don't work with sight rather they work with smell and sound(voice). Call his name often, especially when you return, so he'll register your voice in his memory and most important, Make the dog trust you, that's only when it will allow you touch it. you can achieve this by spending some time with him.

4 Likes

Re: This Dog Barks And Pursue Me Always by jobgbemi(m): 6:40pm On Jan 24, 2021
harmargedon:
Dogs have amazing memories, because they don't work with sight rather they work with smell and sound(voice). Call his name often, especially when you return, so he'll register your voice in his memory and most important, Make the dog trust you, that's only when it will allow you touch it. you can achieve this by spending some time with him.

Thanks so much boss. I sincerely appreciate.
Thanks everyone

1 Like

Re: This Dog Barks And Pursue Me Always by jobgbemi(m): 6:41pm On Jan 24, 2021
Thanks everyone
Re: This Dog Barks And Pursue Me Always by luvlyoracle(m): 3:47am On Jan 26, 2021
jobgbemi:

Thanks everyone
Is it still chasing you??
What was your solution to it?
Re: This Dog Barks And Pursue Me Always by Ikpunekenwa(m): 6:40am On Jan 26, 2021
timibare:
but if the dog bites him it's not cruel ryt? well....that's my suggestion tho
Oga if you poison my door and I take stile know, I will find a way to murder you on the low. It may take months and I may be your friend just to get very close to you to find a better and painful way to kill you, but don't be surprised how you'll die except I die before you.
Re: This Dog Barks And Pursue Me Always by timibare(m): 2:44pm On Jan 26, 2021
Ikpunekenwa:

Oga if you poison my door and I take stile know, I will find a way to murder you on the low. It may take months and I may be your friend just to get very close to you to find a better and painful way to kill you, but don't be surprised how you'll die except I die before you.
till den naa

1 Like

Re: This Dog Barks And Pursue Me Always by jobgbemi(m): 10:02am On Feb 05, 2021
luvlyoracle:
Is it still chasing you??
What was your solution to it?

No. We are now very good friends. I buy him food and other chop chop.

(1) (Reply)

Dogs For Adoption / Pure Breed Boerboel Puppies For Sale In Abuja / Adult Pedigree Imported Male...yoyo Vom Davalos For Sale....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.