Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,083 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

I Am Crucified With Christ: Though I Live; Yet Not I - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Crucified With Christ: Though I Live; Yet Not I (153 Views)

I Am Crucified With Christ (galatians 2:20). What Does It Mean? / Crucified With Christ / "I Am Crucified With Christ." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Crucified With Christ: Though I Live; Yet Not I by Kei144(m): 5:26pm On Dec 31, 2020
Ga. 2:20 (KJV) I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Ga. 2:20 defines true Christianity; and the King James Version translation captures it excellently.
“I am crucified with Christ” means that the crucifixion is always ongoing (Mt. 16:24).

Crucified with Christ

Ro. 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

When a person believes the gospel or good news of Jesus Christ, s/he submits her/himself for baptism into Jesus Christ in water. The baptism unites the believer with the death that Jesus Christ died on the cross. Spiritually, the old man (descendant of the old Adam) died with Christ on the cross. The believer rises out of the baptismal water as a new man. As the minister of the gospel who performed the baptism lays hand on the believer and prays for the gift of the Holy Spirit (Ac. 19:5-6), Christ (the Holy Spirit) comes in and begins to live in the believer. The believer has been born again as a descendant of the new Adam (Jesus Christ).

https://www.pdf-archive.com/2020/12/31/i-am-crucified-with-christ/i-am-crucified-with-christ.pdf
Re: I Am Crucified With Christ: Though I Live; Yet Not I by Kei144(m): 5:27pm On Dec 31, 2020
Though I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me

We all know that the believer that came out of the baptismal water is exactly the same believer that went in for water baptism. However, if the minister of the gospel who performed the baptism lays hand on the believer and prays for the gift of the Holy Spirit and God answers the prayer by putting His Holy Spirit (Christ) in that believer, then even though physically the believer is the same before and after the baptism, in reality, the believer is now completely different. The believer is now a son of God—a descendant of Jesus Christ.

The believer carries the old body of sin that was inherited from the old Adam, but then Christ also lives in her/him. There is now a competition: is it the old body of sin that will define the believer’s conducts or Christ in her/him? This is exactly the situation that Adam and Eve faced in the Garden of God: should they live by the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil or by the fruit of the tree of life? Ga. 2:20 says that the right thing is “not I” (the old body of sin), but “Christ in me”. This doesn’t happen automatically, rather it is still “I” that will deliberately surrender to “Christ in me”. How is it done?
Re: I Am Crucified With Christ: Though I Live; Yet Not I by Kei144(m): 5:28pm On Dec 31, 2020
I live by the faith of the Son of God

The way “I” deliberately surrenders to “Christ in me” is by living by the faith of the Son of God. By the way, the believer is now a son of God and s/he should actually be living the life of a son of God. The only way we know that a son of God should live is the way that Jesus Christ (the Son of God) lived during his earthly ministry. He lived a life of faith; so the believer should live by the kind of faith that Jesus Christ displayed.

Jn. 5:19 (NIV) Jesus gave them this answer: “I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.

The life of Jesus Christ is basically doing like the Father and nothing more. He does only what he sees the Father doing. He never does his own thing. How does today’s son of God get to see what God or Jesus Christ is doing? All that God does is to speak His word and things happen. The Bible is full of how God or Jesus Christ did all sorts of things by speaking words. A son of God should live by speaking words of faith, in the name of Jesus Christ.

Mt. 17:20 (NIV) He replied, “Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, `Move from here to there’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”

Jn. 3:34 (NIV) For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit.

As a son of God lives only by speaking words of faith (Ro. 10:cool, God increases the measure of the Holy Spirit in her/him, which will then cause her/his words to always come to fulfillment.
Re: I Am Crucified With Christ: Though I Live; Yet Not I by Kei144(m): 5:29pm On Dec 31, 2020
Purification from Sin

The believer carries the old body of sin that was inherited from the old Adam. There are evil spirits that work in the old body and they are prone to embarrassing the believer. There is need to purge the body of these evil spirits, so that the believer could concentrate on living by the faith of the Son of God. Purging of evil spirits is done by the blood of Jesus Christ (Re. 12:11).

He. 1:3b (NIV) After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

Nu. 19:9 “A man who is clean shall gather up the ashes of the heifer and put them in a ceremonially clean place outside the camp. They shall be kept by the Israelite community for use in the water of cleansing; it is for purification from sin.

God provided the pattern for purification from sins in the Old Testament. The priests in the temple in Jerusalem gathered up ashes of heifer that had been used in burnt offering and kept the ashes in a ceremonially clean place outside the temple ground. Any person who wanted to enter the temple ground had to take some ashes and dissolve in water and use the solution to wash the body as a type of purification from sin. In the New Testament, there is only one sacrifice, which is Jesus’ sacrifice of atonement for our sins. The only known relic of Jesus sacrifice is the blood, which is not physically available. In the New Testament’s purification from sin, the blood of Jesus replaces the ashes of the heifer. Since the blood is not physically available, but is only accessible by faith, water that was used to dissolve the ashes of the heifer in the Old Testament is replaced by word of faith.

Ep. 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word.

I personally carry out purification from sins, every morning and evening by praying as follows:

“In the mighty name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I sprinkle all my inward and outward parts with the blood of Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit. I wash away from my heart all unrighteousness, every misdeed of the flesh (Ro. 8:13), every act of the sinful nature (Ga. 5:21), by the blood of Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit.”

As I purify myself by the blood of Jesus using word of faith, I use my imagination to visualize the blood of Jesus (operated by the Holy Spirit) washing my whole being, especially my heart. I have been doing purification from sins this way since the last quarter of 2019 and I have experienced great transformation. I also purify members of my family.
Re: I Am Crucified With Christ: Though I Live; Yet Not I by Kobojunkie: 5:30pm On Dec 31, 2020
Today na 31st. No be rapture day again? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Re : Should Muslim Congratulate Christian On New Year Day / Psalm 1 As A Business Principle (1) / The Popular Saying Of Living Anyhow You Like In Liberty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.