Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,808 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 - Business (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 (321579 Views)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (443) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by Donsheddyguru: 5:24pm On May 28, 2021
ILovebigyansh:

Yeah i'm aware.
I was here up to when pipsbasketing was running the contest of some sort.
Never said a word only observed.

One thing is certain next contest they will still complain...
Consistency isn't a small feet...
Wether you're gambling or trading responsibly....
Anyone that is consistent is a good trader no matter his style of trading....
It doesn't matter if people see it a gambling or not...
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by harizonal123(m): 5:26pm On May 28, 2021
infofirst:
New Contest link. Please read the rules first before joining.
Those prizes will be minimum prize. Responsible trading at my discretion will attract toppings.
https://www.fxblue.com/competitions/ViewCompetition.aspx?id=1324&rx=1622203664662
Trade responsibly.

All the best to us all.

Best set of rules you have created so far but you should have removed gold to create a better and fair level ground for pure forex traders

3 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 28, 2021
GabsonFX:
I strongly believe infofirst did not start this contest to reward those with probability but consistency, what is the probability when you are not consistent, or when someone with 40% this month does not even come 10th next month. Consistency is the key here.

I will say again, I can enter 5 X 0.01 trades = 0.05 all at a time and my first trade could run up to 400.0pips just in 3days, and stop trading for the rest of the month. This is not trading, if it does not work this time, I will try again in next month's contest...Consistency is key.

40% this month doesn't come 10th next month? Is that how we measure consistency though.

Even the best of traders at some point experience losses. If losses weren't a thing we wouldn't be talking about risk management.

Why do people hedge if the market isn't a speculative asset.

And moreover trading CFD is pure speculation because you don't actually own these assets they aren't attributed values when you buy them.

3 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 28, 2021
Donsheddyguru:

One thing is certain next contest they will still complain...
Consistency isn't a small feet...
Wether you're gambling or trading responsibly....
Anyone that is consistent is a good trader no matter his style of trading....
It doesn't matter if people see it a gambling or not...

Why I said let's all agree on a set of rules and keep it fixed for a period of time before they can be subject to change.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by femora007(m): 5:39pm On May 28, 2021
infofirst:
^ Learn to take positive lessons from the contest and do not be intimidated.
Just because of @mayork2n trading style in this contest period. I was motivated and decided to trade ustec and us30 and see attached what I achieved on that. And this is just a set aside live account.
When life throws lemon at you, my boss, make lemonade out of it.

@last contest. The most valuable trader @jbinary AKA @ilovebigyansh made me to trade 98% 0.01 lot in this contest period and infact made me reduce my risk in my live accounts. That should be the essence of this contest. Learning and unlearning. If there is anything to learn in this contest period, it is that money management is single most important. When you miss money management, you will lose money and this will bring doubt into your strategy and mess your psychology for days. Why wont you then better start trading responsibly.

This contest most valuable trader is @Seunisco. He did a good job harvesting this pips. @Theyoungmaster did good too. @infofirst no relent as well.
Our number one this week @qpetz did fantastic job as well. It is one thing to lead and another to maintain it.
@mayork2n. Thanks for that good run as well. I hope you wilk come and tell us the gist in full. How it started and what caused the last minute hitch and your advice for upcoming traders like me
well done. Thumb up for the winners.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 28, 2021
Considering you trade $5,000 LIVE account, would you prefer earning 40% in a single month to blow it the following month? OR earn 10% every month with tested 10% monthly consistency?

ILovebigyansh:

40% this month doesn't come 10th next month? Is that how we measure consistency though.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 28, 2021
GabsonFX:
I strongly believe infofirst did not start this contest to reward those with probability but consistency, what is the probability when you are not consistent, or when someone with 40% this month does not even come 10th next month. Consistency is the key here.

I will say again, I can enter 5 X 0.01 trades = 0.05 all at a time and my first trade could run up to 400.0pips just in 3days, and stop trading for the rest of the month. This is not trading, if it does not work this time, I will try again in next month's contest...Consistency is key.

Hahahaha... Oga someone can make 400pips today and not make 400 pips for one week. You don't own the market. You are obviously new to this. I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 28, 2021
This is exactly my point: the person that makes 400pips today or in 3days will decide to stop trading the contest account because he does not want to lose the 400pips in the following week thereby putting others in pressure to catch up with him. Again this is not consistency but gambling as you have already pointed that forex is probability, which you seek....I agree I'm new to this business...

NetValueFX:

Hahahaha... Oga someone can make 400pips today and not make 400 pips for one week. You don't own the market. You are obviously new to this. I rest my case.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by femora007(m): 5:57pm On May 28, 2021
Shevychen2:

Of course. Why do you think more "prop firms" are popping up? They take these sign up fees and offer hundreds of thousands to trade knowing fully well that 9 out of 10 traders won't succeed with it. They pocket tens of thousands without doing anything. Many of them don't even put any money at risk. Just a fake $100,000 demo account.

If you can't display consistency and discipline with $500, you won't do anything with higher sums.
grin grin grin funny but true
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 28, 2021
GabsonFX:
Considering you trade $5,000 LIVE account, would you prefer earning 40% in a single month to blow it the following month? OR earn 10% every month with tested 10% monthly consistency?

I will never advice anyone to look for a 40% ROI in a month because it comes with big risk.

On the other hand you sound very certain of the 10% return mothly for a year, which i'm simply saying is not guaranteed.

In short personally i have made bigger returns on a real account because i am a news trader but then there are some months you don't do well.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 28, 2021
GabsonFX:
This is exactly my point: the person that makes 400pips today or in 3days will decide to stop trading the contest account because he does not want to lose the 400pips in the following week thereby putting others in pressure to catch up with him. Again this is not consistency but gambling as you have already pointed that forex is probability, which you seek....I agree I'm new to this business...

Someone not trading when there is nothing to trade is actually the best trading strategy. So someone making 400 pips and not wanting trade any longer is totally up to that person. We all can't trade every damn time. When you win, you let the market play around and wait for another good entry.

3 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 28, 2021
GabsonFX:

What if the said person had reached his monthly target or probably didn't see any good entry hence is disciplined not to take a trade, you can't say it's gambling.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 28, 2021
Let us not divert from the current happenings, the contest.....this market is either a buy or a sell, I have seen some in the contest that have made 5% consistently in 3 to 4 consecutive contests, infofirst is one of them; these are people I will reward and not those that make 40% once in every 4 contests....grasp this.

ILovebigyansh:

I will never advice anyone to look for a 40% ROI in a month because it comes with big risk.

On the other hand you sound very certain of the 10% return mothly for a year, which i'm simply saying is not guaranteed.

In short personally i have made bigger returns on a real account because i am a news trader but then there are some months you don't do well.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 28, 2021
and the good entry does not come in the last 3weeks of the contest month? that person is such an opportunist, a big gambler.

NetValueFX:

Someone not trading when there is nothing to trade is actually the best trading strategy. So someone making 400 pips and not wanting trade any longer is totally up to that person. We all can't trade every damn time. When you win, you let the market play around and wait for another good entry.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 28, 2021
This is how I trade, and in fact, I have made the post I think 4days ago where I exited GJ after I met my monthly target. Yes, I stop trading when I meet my monthly target. This is a contest, some will see it as a game of chance to make big profit and run, come next contest but luck is not on his side, falls below 10th or gets disqualified.

ILovebigyansh:

What if the said person had reached his monthly target or probably didn't see any good entry hence is disciplined not to take a trade, you can't say it's gambling.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 28, 2021
GabsonFX:
Let us not divert from the current happenings, the contest.....this market is either a buy or a sell, I have seen some in the contest that have made 5% consistently in 3 to 4 consecutive contests, infofirst is one of them; these are people I will reward and not those that make 40% once in every 4 contests....grasp this.

No one is diverting. You asked a question i gave a practical reply.

There was a contest he made a 0.2% in same 2 weeks will you still call that consistent

It's not gauraanteed.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 28, 2021
Yes it is consitency, did he ever come negative or blew the account?

ILovebigyansh:

No one is diverting. You asked a question i gave a practical reply.

There was a contest he made a 0.2% in same 2 weeks will you still call that consistent

It's not gauraanteed.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 28, 2021
GabsonFX:
This is how I trade, and in fact, I have made the post I think 4days ago where I exited GJ after I met my monthly target. Yes, I stop trading when I meet my monthly target. This is a contest, some will see it as a game of chance to make big profit and run, come next contest but luck is not on his side, falls below 10th or gets disqualified.

People have different trading styles.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 28, 2021
Ofcourse, different major trading styles; it does not say someone should make 40% today and blow account next month.

ILovebigyansh:

People have different trading styles.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 28, 2021
GabsonFX:
Yes it is consitency, did he ever come negative or blew the account?

You call that consistency.

Ok.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by Nobody: 6:32pm On May 28, 2021
Yes

ILovebigyansh:

You call that consistency.

Ok.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by charly20(m): 6:35pm On May 28, 2021
Since we're talking gold... I think the next gold fall could be at 1920ish... My chart is not detailed enough but the story is there. Then for EU, if the day close outside my anticipated TL BoS, then the story the chart tells me may continue

I'm open to corrections...

Aim for the new month is to stop being trigger-happy

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 28, 2021
Will there ever be a contest without 1st, 2nd, or 3rd? there will always be one. I looked through the past 4 to 5 contests and I see that there will ever be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd....hmmm, it means something.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by OsinAmaka: 6:43pm On May 28, 2021
Congrats to the winners and a very big thanks to the sponsor, BOSS INFORFIRST. Regarding the 0.05 maximum lot size, does it mean that one cannot add to a winning trade after locking up reasonable profits, just asking.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by docus: 7:07pm On May 28, 2021
For those that have read Rich Dad Poor Dad, Rich Dad said investing is not risky but the investor is risky. So when we apply this statement to trading FX, it therefore means that trading is not risky but the trader may be risky. This simply means a trader can trade profitably and consistently. So therefore trading is not gambling and yes trading can be highly predictable.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 28, 2021
GabsonFX:
and the good entry does not come in the last 3weeks of the contest month? that person is such an opportunist, a big gambler.

I challenge you to make 500pips every week.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 28, 2021
This is off-topic

NetValueFX:

I challenge you to make 500pips every week.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by chinonyelum1993: 7:29pm On May 28, 2021
Out of 51 contestants, only 12 came out with a positive result, congrats to the last men standing. We are moving forward.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 28, 2021
GabsonFX:
This is off-topic

It is not off topic, your claim is that someone must trade every week profitably. So I challenge you to make 500pips every week in the coming contest. If you can't achieve that then let people trade how they deem fit.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by Benqozenero(m): 7:36pm On May 28, 2021
harizonal123:

Best set of rules you have created so far but you should have removed gold to create a better and fair level ground for pure forex traders

Supported.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by situations: 7:37pm On May 28, 2021
Am Never Posting US30 tips on here again

never going to give anyone here the US30 Moral

once i don't post for 2weeks the US30 Moral in here will decrease and everyone go back to their currency pairs
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 28, 2021
You did not see the bolded or just feel like arguing. shocked

GabsonFX:
You can choose any of these:
1. Make at least 3% weekly for 4weeks
OR
2. Make at least +/- 5% weekly for 4weeks.
NetValueFX:

It is not off topic, your claim is that someone must trade every week profitably. So I challenge you to make 500pips every week in the coming contest. If you can't achieve that then let people trade how they deem fit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (443)

Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires / Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.