Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,777 members, 7,810,025 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? (51792 Views)

How Much Is Bag Of Cement In Your Area? / Look At The Price Of Cement In 1989 / How Much Is One Bag Of Cement In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by tayor3(m): 8:18pm On Jan 01, 2021
HeadShot:
buhari has kilĺed every aspect of our Economy...

Nigeria is dead..

I can remember how affordable it was during jonathan era...

Buhari is evil and hardship personified...

God punish all those supporting this evil administration
I think sey u dey wise b4 but d moment u mention Jonathan....now I know why we are where we are.
Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by jimts(m): 8:19pm On Jan 01, 2021
Everyone that is here ranting about monopoly of market being controlled by the two major cement shareholders (Dangote & Abdussamad) have no idea of the happenings in the cement industry.
For the benefit of clarification, I will give you all a quick rundown of the factors that shot the prices to the roof.

1. Corona lockdown
From March till June, most part of the country was under lockdown. This means that all construction activities were put on hold. As soon as it was lifted, the demand for cement naturally skyrocketed in arrears for the month of idleness. This is common sense.

2. ENDSARS Protest
During this period, curfews were imposed in many states. In Edo, BUA cement did not dispatch 1 bag of cement for nearly 5 days. That's an average of 60,000 tons of cement lost to down time. Similar thing happened in Ibese from information reaching us. Mark you, supply has further been shortened.

3. Bad road
Anyone familiar with Auchi/Okpella/Okenne axis of Benin/Okene expressway knows the frequency with which a complete traffic lockdown occurs. Some trucks spend 3 days between Okenne and Auchi (journey of less than 70km) alone because of deplorable state of the road leading to falling of heavy-duty vehicles and incessant breakdowns. This causes delay in the delivery of cement, therefore worsening the supply volume.

4. Internal factory challenges

Many a time, drop in gas pressure in our plant leads to drop in power available to run equipment because some of the gas powerplants have to be stopped. This is a problem beyond BUA or Dangote's control as gas is supplied by NGC (a subsidiary of NNPC). When there's no sufficient power, major equipment like cement mills have to be stopped, reducing the silo level for cement. This one is obviously a shortage in production.

5. Greed.

I've seen many of you complaining that the prices were raised by the factory owners, you are completely wrong. The factory price is still hovering around #2,400. This is the price at which BUA supplies to its customers with delivery. But because some of the customers prefer to just sell the ATC (authority to collect) to middlemen who pay for transportation (self collection), it increases the price/bag to about #3,000 by the time it arrives the buyer. These customers I mentioned earlier have paid billions of naira into chairman's account in exchange for the cement ATC, but many of them are not actually interested in selling cement. They only want to sell the ATC to middlemen and make quick money. This is the first level of greed.
The middlemen deliver the cement, depending on the distance between #2,800-#3,300 to cement retail sellers. Second level of greed happens here. The retailers then decide to sell it at #4,000.
mentality of the average Nigerian. This is the worst of all the greed.

All of these are the reasons why the problem is highly compounded and it will really take a while for things to normalize.
Whatever the story is, we will all build our houses this year!! cool

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by harmony75: 8:22pm On Jan 01, 2021
3,900 in Lagos

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by dontai(m): 8:24pm On Jan 01, 2021
whytediamond:
I need to start my building project
Bros, let us handle the project for you. we are such a reputable building construction company.
Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 01, 2021
HonKong:
4,000 Naira
Dangote is very wicked, he is recovering 10× the money he gave to fight Covid19 last year.
Thats their usual way. Every Monopoly businessman na thief for Nigeria.
Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by Sunnyemma(m): 8:30pm On Jan 01, 2021
Between 4000 -4200 in Umuahia
Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by Lenient001: 8:31pm On Jan 01, 2021
It's so rare to find a bussinessman who gives without take!
This is the result of Dangote interference during the COVID time.
Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by Pussybender(m): 8:32pm On Jan 01, 2021
Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by Aconomist: 8:33pm On Jan 01, 2021
Dangote makes a 60% EBITDA margin on every bag of cement he sells. So if he sells 100,000 naira worth of cement, he will get 60,000 in pure profit.
Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by HeadShot: 8:38pm On Jan 01, 2021
tayor3:
I think sey u dey wise b4 but d moment u mention Jonathan....now I know why we are where we are.

Just remove the boko haram you put in Aso rock... Watch how evrything falls into place
Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by yunusabuba(m): 8:40pm On Jan 01, 2021
last week 4000 but at this week it fall to 3800 in Borno state
Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by matrixme(m): 8:42pm On Jan 01, 2021
What isn't even unprovokedly expensive in this accursed regime? Ordinary onions felt the effect. Dollar got expensive, fuel expensive, rice expensive, petrol expensive, DStv/gotv/ startimes got expensive...
If to say there is even enough money to purchase, we might not bat an eye much. After taking almost a year to appoint ministers to another year to form an economic policy, to disastrous mediocres in sensitive positions with predictable outcome, to sluggishness in reformulating plans to closing land borders, not banning flights early to ill advised lockdown to endsars among others, do we still need another reason to know why anything got expensive in today's Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by lereinter(m): 8:43pm On Jan 01, 2021
How do you want dangote to recover the money he dash convid
Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by kenjava20: 8:44pm On Jan 01, 2021
I would need 600bags of dangote cement can you drop your WhatsApp number .
Ofemmanu1:
Pls contact me if you want Cement in large quantities; Minimum 600 bags @N2500 each.

Thank you.
Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by Aconomist: 8:48pm On Jan 01, 2021
SIONKPO1:

Dangote blocked them,and they the government is doing nothing
The regional governments needs to stamp out crazy outrageous monopolistic gangsters
Dangote Cement sells cheap in Togo and benin republic
He has a 60% profit margin in Nigeria compared to 20% in the rest of Africa. In other worlds, for every 100 naira he sells in nigeria 60 naira is pure profit
Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by PropertyVendor(m): 8:49pm On Jan 01, 2021
Benin city
Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by generalpelu(m): 8:49pm On Jan 01, 2021
chocboi78:

Just N3300
Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by Briller: 8:57pm On Jan 01, 2021
chocboi78:

Pls, where is your location? I bought #4,200 yesterday
Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by Briller: 8:58pm On Jan 01, 2021
Parkees:

Abeg, na mud cement be that?
Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by Blackdisciple(m): 8:59pm On Jan 01, 2021
whytediamond:
I need to start my building project

Am with you on the water side ( Plumbing )
Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by thedio(m): 8:59pm On Jan 01, 2021
ofuonyebi:

Instead of asking why the price of cement is so high in Nigeria
You people are asking what is the cost...what a wasted nation

Just because one man called Dangote is holding everybody by the neck
The price of cement is at the whims and caprices of the MONOPOLIST
increasing prices at his beck and call

But thank GOD that the GHANANIANS were wiser than we do
They refused such exploitation and the company folded up!

Let us bring back the price control board
Until this is done, everybody is in trouble ooo!
. Some pple can lie for africa. Oh sorry that is why they r importing cement from Nigeria
Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by cooljuman: 9:01pm On Jan 01, 2021
Ofemmanu1:
It's not so bro.
Cement is sold from the plant @N2500, the hike in price is because other competitors are observing the Holidays and the demand for cement has increased geometrically so the middlemen are taking you guys to catch cruise.
As I'm typing a bag of Cement is 2500 here.

Please, how do I contact you to get me 300 bags to start my building project. I'll greatly appreciate.
Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by Hndrrxxx(m): 9:02pm On Jan 01, 2021
ATEAMS:
where abeg
Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by favor914: 9:03pm On Jan 01, 2021
HeadShot:

Just remove the boko haram you put in Aso rock... Watch how evrything falls into place
Dreamer Almijiri, go & prosper yourself by yourself.
Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by Briller: 9:04pm On Jan 01, 2021
Ofemmanu1:
Pls contact me if you want Cement in large quantities; Minimum 600 bags @N2500 each.

Thank you.

I want 15000bags but it won't be a faceless arrangement. I have to follow you to the depot or wherever to make sure it's not a ride. Once that's ascertained, we have a deal.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by kenjava20: 9:05pm On Jan 01, 2021
What is your WhatsApp Number let talk .
kenjava20:
I would need 600bags of dangote cement can you drop your WhatsApp number .
Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by Aconomist: 9:05pm On Jan 01, 2021
mickykhe:
I pity this country, essential commodities prices will just skyrocket for no reasonable cause and pple won't react. Mtcheeewwwww
It's the suffer and smile negro mentality. This is why blacks make the perfect slaves.
Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by cooljuman: 9:06pm On Jan 01, 2021
Ofemmanu1:

Don't say what you don't know..

cement is N2500, go to any Dangote Depot in your state, you will get it at that price or a lil bit higher.

In portharcourt, Dangote distributors in rukpokwu and trans amadi sell at 3800 naira
Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by Bigwig02(m): 9:07pm On Jan 01, 2021
Benin 4k... Yesterday
Re: How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? by favor914: 9:08pm On Jan 01, 2021
ofuonyebi:

Instead of asking why the price of cement is so high in Nigeria
You people are asking what is the cost...what a wasted nation

Just because one man called Dangote is holding everybody by the neck
The price of cement is at the whims and caprices of the MONOPOLIST
increasing prices at his beck and call

But thank GOD that the GHANANIANS were wiser than we do
They refused such exploitation and the company folded up!

Let us bring back the price control board
Until this is done, everybody is in trouble ooo!
No be only bring back what useless price control politically controlled Board? Nothing like Monopoly, no one has stopped you, or anyone from entering the cement business, La Farge once the biggest cement factory in the world was controlling things in Nigeria, no one gave Aluko a chance, today lazy minded peasants like you will be shouting Monopoly in a dog eat dog capitalist system? You are waiting for people to work to make life easy for you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra / Security Men In Front Of A House In Abuja Dressed In Queen's Guard Uniform / "Do Not Sex Here Again": Uncompleted Building Owner Warns (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.