Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Have You Ever Been Tested For STIs? If So, How And Why? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Been Tested For STIs? If So, How And Why? (437 Views)

Does “Have You Ever Been Tested For HIV” Have A Sexual Connotation To It? / Get Tested For Genital Warts! / My Faith Has Been Tested, My Mental Health Has Been Messed With - Media Persona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Tested For STIs? If So, How And Why? by Heloct(f): 2:23pm On Jan 01, 2021
Sexually transmitted infections are wild, common and could be intense.

With a generation that's so sexually active, it amazes me that we really don't pay attention to STI's.

I have experiences of testing people for HIV/AIDS in my NGO and though I've noticed how older men and women take the test with no agitations, the younger individuals are always reluctant to show up but keep affirming that they are safe and that evil will never befall them lol. There is only one way to be safe though, by knowing your status.

When you know your status, you know if to start medicating. When you start medicating, the viral load would reduce and it gets to be undetected in your blood. When it's undetected, it's intransmisiible.

So, the earlier you go out to test yourself, the better. And not just for HIV/AIDS. Get a thorough check up at least every three months.

Most problems are avoidable. Pursue good health this year and stay safe.
Re: Have You Ever Been Tested For STIs? If So, How And Why? by kingemaker(m): 2:25pm On Jan 01, 2021
None so far smiley. Waiting for comments
Re: Have You Ever Been Tested For STIs? If So, How And Why? by fati2001(m): 3:17pm On Jan 01, 2021
why I go get std?
Re: Have You Ever Been Tested For STIs? If So, How And Why? by drezzyx(m): 3:47pm On Jan 01, 2021
When I don't fvck upandan like some idiots.
Re: Have You Ever Been Tested For STIs? If So, How And Why? by Henrywalker: 3:49pm On Jan 01, 2021
Don't go after 2k-urgent-girls, and you would be okay and wont need to go for test! tongue
Re: Have You Ever Been Tested For STIs? If So, How And Why? by Bennysam: 5:37pm On Jan 01, 2021
Heloct:
Sexually transmitted infections are wild, common and could be intense.

With a generation that's so sexually active, it amazes me that we really don't pay attention to STI's.

I have experiences of testing people for HIV/AIDS in my NGO and though I've noticed how older men and women take the test with no agitations, the younger individuals are always reluctant to show up but keep affirming that they are safe and that evil will never befall them lol. There is only one way to be safe though, by knowing your status.

When you know your status, you know if to start medicating. When you start medicating, the viral load would reduce and it gets to be undetected in your blood. When it's undetected, it's intransmisiible.

So, the earlier you go out to test yourself, the better. And not just for HIV/AIDS. Get a thorough check up at least every three months.

Most problems are avoidable. Pursue good health this year and stay safe.
You won’t see any of your gender here, they will avoid this thread

(1) (Reply)

What If Women Where God. / Which Person Are U Currently Crushing On? / What Women Want. (www)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.