Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. (9971 Views)

Slay Queen Gives Life To Christ, Burns Her Make-Ups, Wigs & Trousers (Photos) / Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... / Pastor Adeboye Visits Samoa, Head Of State And Others Give Life To Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by Toks2008(m): 10:22am On Jan 03, 2021
hbsilencer:
Good day beloved friends,
Its always a beautiful testimony when one accepts Christ based on an encounter without any preacher. Saul who later became the chiefest of the Apostles had such an experience. He usually spoke of this experience in his witnessing.

So let's hear more on this matter.
Thanks.
Happy new year!
you spoilt the whole essence with the title. "Without a preacher"

You could have simply asked us to give an account.
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by tot(f): 10:26am On Jan 03, 2021
HellVictorinho:

You are just quoting the Bible.
Religious people have also died miserably.
But I am not religious anymore.
Ultimately, I cannot specify when I will die.

That's the key point in your statement. Being a religious person or churchgoer does not necessarily mean they have a relationship with Christ. Our works do not save us.

Infact, there are pastors and deeply religious people who do not know God, are not born again but to the person observing from outside, they are "Christians". This is why making a decision about your own faith based on others' experiences is dangerous.
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by mabea: 10:27am On Jan 03, 2021
It's always exciting sharing this experience.
Then I was just a nine year old studying at the Sunday school with other children.

While the message ' There is only one God' was studied, my spirit soul and body were seized in amazing awe of God. What would follow was an uncontrollable sob. I sobbed so much that right there and then I surrendered to Jesus, asking him to forgive me my sins and I made a pledge to serve him.

That was how I gave my life to Christ. No one knew what was happening but the beautiful thing is that after that experience everyone could see and testify that something had taken place in me. Before then I used to be very stubborn and unruly but Jesus transformed me and the life I now have is not mine but his forever.

Thank you Jesus for this amazing gift.

7 Likes

Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 03, 2021
tot:

That's the key point in your statement. Being a religious person or churchgoer does not necessarily mean they have a relationship with Christ. Our works do not save us.

Infact, there are pastors and deeply religious people who do not know God, are not born again but to the person observing from outside, they are "Christians". This is why making a decision about your own faith based on others' experiences is dangerous.
How can you really have a relationship with someone that you can't really see or hear
If you say you have heard from God, what's the difference between you and those pastors that say the same thing?
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by mabea: 10:37am On Jan 03, 2021
HellVictorinho:

You are just quoting the Bible.
Religious people have also died miserably.
But I am not religious anymore.
Ultimately, I cannot specify when I will die.
I don't usually feel empathy for people who talk like this. Let me tell you something, most times people assume born again when in actual sense they are not. When you love God nothing in this life will ever make you loose your faith in him.

Remember that scripture 1cor 15:19. If in this life only we have hope in Christ we are of all men most miserable.

1 Like

Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by tot(f): 10:38am On Jan 03, 2021
HellVictorinho:

How can you really have a relationship with someone that you can't really see or hear
If you say you have heard from God, what's the difference between you and those pastors that say the same thing?

That is why we have the Bible, God already revealed Himself in His Word. No one needs a pastor to hear from God for them.

1 Like

Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by RenaissanceGuy: 10:38am On Jan 03, 2021
GofuckYourself:

What do you mean by giving your life to christ let us discuss so others can learn

What does that phrase mean at all?

You spend so much time with fancy words and drama but never truthful.deeds

Our lord jesus christ never concerned himself with these sort of phrases acts of drama ..he was simple and said we should be simple like children

If you will do good and live a good life then do so

No drama or crying on stage needed anything more than yes or no is falsehood

Is there any living creature that doesn't know Lord jesus is the son of God? No
Or you saying it loud means you believe in him more ? All that is falsehood

Be simple and true.. most people don't even know how to pray

They shout loud and make noise and speak nonsense and call it prayer

I know witchcraft tongue and your so called speaking in tongues sounds so similar it makes me wonder.

Lord jesus christ never did all.that.. you guys invented such 5o add to the spectacle circus display you do in churches to gain more followers and money

Learn how to pray properly again.. look at the simplicity in the powerful prayer he thought us "The Lord's prayer"

You can't pray that loud like a.mad man ,it's a simple gentle quiet prayer

Use that to learn how to pray again in silence not loud like lunatics

With this dirty username, you were not ashamed to type all this head-knowledge preaching? grin
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 03, 2021
I just grew up loving God I didn't know how it started
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by tot(f): 10:41am On Jan 03, 2021
RenaissanceGuy:
With this dirty username, you were not ashamed to type all this head-knowledge preaching? grin

grin grin I had to look at the moniker again
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by HelpYourself(m): 10:41am On Jan 03, 2021
RenaissanceGuy:

grin

Are you done ?
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 03, 2021
tot:

That is why we have the Bible, God already revealed Himself in His Word. No one needs a pastor to hear from God for them.
The Bible says bla bla bla.
But what I observe in the world doesn't reflect what is written in the Bible.
In other words, the way things happen in the world doesn't show that there is any God.
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by Sleekfingers: 10:46am On Jan 03, 2021
hbsilencer:
Good day beloved friends,
Its always a beautiful testimony when one accepts Christ based on an encounter without any preacher. Saul who later became the chiefest of the Apostles had such an experience. He usually spoke of this experience in his witnessing.

So let's hear more on this matter.
Thanks.
Happy new year!

why i go give my life to mere human like me? My life belongs to God......not to any bloody human
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 03, 2021
mabea:
I don't usually feel empathy for people who talk like this. Let me tell you something, most times people assume born again when in actual sense they are not. When you love God nothing in this life will ever make you loose your faith in him.

Remember that scripture 1cor 15:19. If in this only we have hope in Christ we are of all men most miserable.
Why should I believe you love God?
Why should I believe you know God?
I know there are things that religious people say.
You're only saying the same thing because you're religious,too.
Furthermore,you cannot determine whether a religious person will lose his or her faith.
Such things happen by chance!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by mabea: 10:58am On Jan 03, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Why should I believe you love God?
Why should I believe you know God?
I know there are things that religious people say.
You're only saying the same thing because you're religious,too.
Furthermore,you cannot determine whether a religious person will lose his or her faith.
Such things happen by chance!!!!!!!!!!
No you don't need to know that I love God. Loving God is personal and trust me I can't swap it for anything else. Loosing faith does not happen by chance rather by choice. Again a heart that genuinely loves God is that heart that would say " though he slay me yet will I trust him". You don't need any form of gratification, you're just in love and can't stop loving him.
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by dafeoroyo: 10:58am On Jan 03, 2021
HellVictorinho:

He has failed to answer some till they died.

God can never fail,he told us come let us reason together and if your sin is red as scalet he will wash it as white as snow , however,God hate iniquity,we cannot remain in it and God grace grow on us

You just accept him and serve him also love him with all your heart and leave the rest to him
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by mabea: 11:00am On Jan 03, 2021
makjo900:
The subject should be share how a Nigerian(black man) gave his life to an isreali(Jew). Only foooolish people do this
I'm glad to be a fool for the cause of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by mabea: 11:05am On Jan 03, 2021
Shadysen:
am still waiting for the day God will bring a miracle in my life, anxiously waiting.
Sir I understand how you feel but trust it may never be possible without a craving from you. Don't wish it, ask genuinely and you will be amazed. It may not be spontaneous but you will suddenly feel his love filling your heart. It is the sweetest life ever.
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 03, 2021
mabea:
No you don't need to know that I love God. Loving God is personal and trust me I can't swap it for anything else. Loosing faith does not happen by chance rather by choice. Again a heart that genuinely loves God is that heart that would say " though he slay me yet will I trust him". You don't need any form of gratification, you're just in love and can't stop loving him.
Like seriously??
I chose to lose faith
How is that possible
You have to explain!!!!!
It's not just about having disagreements!!!!
Explain your theory which states that a person can choose to lose faith!!!!!!!
State how it happens so that you will end up making no point!!!!!
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 03, 2021
Shadysen:
how do you do it,by going to church ?

Pls explain this question..i don't understand
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 03, 2021
dafeoroyo:

God can never fail,he told us come let us reason together and if your sin is red as scalet he will wash it as white as snow , however,God hate iniquity,we cannot remain in it and God grace grow on us

You just accept him and serve him also love him with all your heart and leave the rest to him
It is religious people that believe in sin!!!!!!
I never offended any God!!!!!!!!!
I am just Hell Victorinho.
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 03, 2021
mabea:
Sir I understand how you feel but trust it may never be possible without a craving from you. Don't wish it, ask genuinely and you will be amazed. It may not be spontaneous but you will suddenly feel his love filling your heart. It is the sweetest life ever.
I cannot celebrate the fact that I am a human being!!!!!
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by jaeyking(m): 11:11am On Jan 03, 2021
Saw my friends around, the burning desire they exert about the Word of God.
I could only boast of worldly knowledge.

So i said to myself, what is in this gospel that i am lacking.
let me know Jesus more, let me feel him at work through me.
Well the rest is history but i can say without shame Bro that decision was the best ever.

1 Like

Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by makjo900: 11:13am On Jan 03, 2021
mabea:
I'm glad to be a fool for the cause of Christ.

Enjoy your foolery, people living in Isreal where the fraud came from dont even give a f**k about him but someone thousand of miles away will die for him. Indeed black race house the highest number of stvpid people
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by Shadysen: 11:21am On Jan 03, 2021
Chidorx60:

Pls explain this question..i don't understand
how do you following Christ by going to church?
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by mabea: 11:22am On Jan 03, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Like seriously??
I chose to lose faith
How is that possible
You have to explain!!!!!
It's not just about having disagreements!!!!
Explain your theory which states that a person can choose to lose faith!!!!!!!
State how it happens so that you will end up making no point!!!!!
Do you know that knowing / serving God is a choice verse versa. Yes! people for different reasons decide to be angry with God thereby loosing their faith. Some are influenced by friends, family, or real life experiences which at the end of the day boils down to choice. Repentance is a decision. So it's all about choice and nothing was forced on you.
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by mabea: 11:24am On Jan 03, 2021
GOVERNMENT2:
HOW CAN YOU GIVE YOUR LIFE TO MESSENGER OF GOD, A MERE MORTAL LIKE YOU undecided
But I actually did and can't recover from it.
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:28am On Jan 03, 2021
Ali express
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by mabea: 11:34am On Jan 03, 2021
makjo900:

Enjoy your foolery, people living in Isreal where the fraud came from dont even give a f**k about him but someone thousand of miles away will die for him. Indeed black race house the highest number of stvpid people
Thanks bro
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by Lamasta(m): 11:37am On Jan 03, 2021
Still a mystery to me myself why I have this undiluted passion for God and his work and its because of my love for God and my neighbour...
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 03, 2021
mabea:
Do you know that knowing / serving God is a choice verse versa. Yes! people for different reasons decide to be angry with God thereby loosing their faith. Some are influenced by friends, family, or real life experiences which at the end of the day boils down to choice. Repentance is a decision. So it's all about choice and nothing was forced on you.
How can I be angry with someone when I don't believe he exists?
You have not explained anything.
We are talking about what happens in someone's mind.
How can someone force something out of his or her mind??

Can you force any fear out of your mind?
Other people can try but it won't work except by chance..!!!!!!!
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 03, 2021
makjo900:

The black race don't have the highest number of stupid people.
There are billions of religious whites across the world!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Catholic Bishops Donate N10million To Nimbo Victims Of Fulani Herdsmen Attacks / WHY Religion Is Clueless / Mothering Sunday: Today Is Mother's Day, Celebrate Your Mom!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.