Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Segun Arinze Tells Dangote To Invest In Nigerian Football Clubs - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Segun Arinze Tells Dangote To Invest In Nigerian Football Clubs (19415 Views)

Segun Arinze Celebrates 54th Birthday With New Pictures / Segun Arinze Shares Shocking But Funny Video Of A Dog Twerking. Fans React / Beingrenny Njemanze Graduates From University: Anne And Segun Arinze's Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Segun Arinze Tells Dangote To Invest In Nigerian Football Clubs by Odewaleadesoye(m): 6:22am On Jan 02, 2021
Veteran actor, Segun Arinze has urged billionaire businessman, Aliko Dangote, to invest in a Nigerian club before buying Arsenal, Saturday PUNCH reports.

Arinze said this while speaking on PUNCH’s Online interview programme, Stars Talk Football, on his love for Chelsea and acting.

“If he (Dangote) wants to buy Arsenal, he can, but I think he should invest in a Nigerian club and make it world-class before buying Arsenal. Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich had a club in Russia, his home country, before he bought Chelsea.”

Dangote had in 2020, on the David Rubenstein Show, stated that he would consider buying Arsenal in 2021 after the completion of his projects, which are reportedly worth $20bn.

“It is a team that, yes, I would like to buy someday, but what I keep saying is we have $20bn worth of projects and that’s what I really want to concentrate on,” Dangote said.

“I’m trying to finish building the company and then, after we finish, maybe sometime in 2021 we can.”

Arinze added that he wasn’t surprised Chelsea striker, Tammy Abraham, snubbed the Super Eagles for the Three Lions.

The Nigeria Football Federation had tried desperately to persuade Abraham to play for the Eagles – but the striker declined, committing his international future to England instead.

“I knew from the start that Tammy was going to play for England and not Nigeria,” Arinze added.

“Most of these players of foreign decent, you think if they had the opportunity to play for European countries they will pledge their allegiance to Nigeria?”
https://punchng.com/arinze-to-dangote-invest-in-nigerian-clubs/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Segun Arinze Tells Dangote To Invest In Nigerian Football Clubs by Johnkennie(m): 6:30am On Jan 02, 2021
Ok, FTC since 2013 i have joined this platform. I never believe this. I have even thought the admin have a selective members arrange for FTC.

Dedicated my FTC to my lovely wife "Mommy Twins", @Righteousness and Damm Niggar.

It's a Good Sign.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Segun Arinze Tells Dangote To Invest In Nigerian Football Clubs by Coolx: 6:31am On Jan 02, 2021
it's a welcome idea if only they will not swallow the fund
still walking
Re: Segun Arinze Tells Dangote To Invest In Nigerian Football Clubs by Jazzafizzy(f): 6:31am On Jan 02, 2021
shocked

Segun should just relax oo before northern people will call for his head .

None will admit to his assertion , that dangote made his billions here being a sole importer and production if essential good Nigerians consume

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Segun Arinze Tells Dangote To Invest In Nigerian Football Clubs by jaydeevaa(f): 6:32am On Jan 02, 2021
and truly if he does so and make progress, foreign investors will be tempted to invest in the other Nigerian football clubs

1 Like

Re: Segun Arinze Tells Dangote To Invest In Nigerian Football Clubs by gfon(m): 6:32am On Jan 02, 2021
Why una just dey drag dangote this new month na.And for those shaming dangote over those clips made by those vagina people,thunder fire una.Dangote too needs to straff.Am just happy he ghosted the morons

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Segun Arinze Tells Dangote To Invest In Nigerian Football Clubs by joinpreneur(m): 6:32am On Jan 02, 2021
V
Re: Segun Arinze Tells Dangote To Invest In Nigerian Football Clubs by Macphenson: 6:32am On Jan 02, 2021
Recent unfolding of events have proven that "Baba" doesn't like playing "local" leagues, "Baba" is more comfortable playing "foreign" league.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Segun Arinze Tells Dangote To Invest In Nigerian Football Clubs by KnightsTemplar(m): 6:32am On Jan 02, 2021
Dangote is still busy with American babes, he won't listen to you now.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Arinze Tells Dangote To Invest In Nigerian Football Clubs by naptu2: 6:32am On Jan 02, 2021
Dangote already owns a Nigerian football club, but it has done terribly since he became chairman.

(It's one of the most famous Nigerian clubs and historically they were very good at winning the FA Cup, but the club has almost vanished since Dangote took over).

2 Likes

Re: Segun Arinze Tells Dangote To Invest In Nigerian Football Clubs by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:33am On Jan 02, 2021
Nigeria is just his chocolate factory.
Even his choice of women na foreign

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Arinze Tells Dangote To Invest In Nigerian Football Clubs by Nobody: 6:33am On Jan 02, 2021
Okay, so Dangote should invest in a Nigerian club...

1.How will he get return on investment? Ticket prices in Nigerian clubs are very very low. There isn't much money from TV rights, and not enough cash from qualifying for continental competitions either.

2.Okay so he buys a Nigerian club. The next thing, he increases match ticket prices, and starts selling club branded items...at high prices, to make back his money....and fans start complaining?

Investing in a Nigerian club is like sinking money into a bottomless pit. He will lose money. Better he sticks with buying shares in a foreign club where he can make actual profits

35 Likes

Re: Segun Arinze Tells Dangote To Invest In Nigerian Football Clubs by isaythetruth(m): 6:33am On Jan 02, 2021
suggesting to another man what he should do with his money.....
issorite!

4 Likes

Re: Segun Arinze Tells Dangote To Invest In Nigerian Football Clubs by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:33am On Jan 02, 2021
naptu2:
Dangote already owns a Nigerian football club
Which one

1 Like

Re: Segun Arinze Tells Dangote To Invest In Nigerian Football Clubs by Nobody: 6:33am On Jan 02, 2021
2021 and DANGOTE
DANGOTE is on a Mountain now, he can't come down until he is done with his primary responsibility

1 Like

Re: Segun Arinze Tells Dangote To Invest In Nigerian Football Clubs by DesignBest62: 6:34am On Jan 02, 2021
Okay
Re: Segun Arinze Tells Dangote To Invest In Nigerian Football Clubs by teamsynergy: 6:34am On Jan 02, 2021
So that NFF Officials can milk him dry?

2 Likes

Re: Segun Arinze Tells Dangote To Invest In Nigerian Football Clubs by merits(m): 6:34am On Jan 02, 2021
No be only Nigeria football,na chadian football he for invest na.nothing work for naija except politics and embezzlement.

5 Likes

Re: Segun Arinze Tells Dangote To Invest In Nigerian Football Clubs by korlarworley(m): 6:34am On Jan 02, 2021
That's true talk. Ile lase Kato se ita
Re: Segun Arinze Tells Dangote To Invest In Nigerian Football Clubs by pegix(m): 6:34am On Jan 02, 2021
Abeg o invest
E dey important..no be everybody go dey drive mercedes truck
Re: Segun Arinze Tells Dangote To Invest In Nigerian Football Clubs by Dagger111(m): 6:35am On Jan 02, 2021
Put hand for his pocket and invest nah.

1 Like

Re: Segun Arinze Tells Dangote To Invest In Nigerian Football Clubs by 1Alex: 6:35am On Jan 02, 2021
Good advice
Re: Segun Arinze Tells Dangote To Invest In Nigerian Football Clubs by naptu2: 6:35am On Jan 02, 2021
Besides, owning a Nigerian club gives you unnecessary stress.

Chiefs MKO Abiola, Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, Oscar Udoji, Jude Ezechukwu and others have tried it and they ended up giving up because the stress is unnecessary.

10 Likes

Re: Segun Arinze Tells Dangote To Invest In Nigerian Football Clubs by Ojemedad: 6:35am On Jan 02, 2021
Segundo Arinze come and invest in MMM
Re: Segun Arinze Tells Dangote To Invest In Nigerian Football Clubs by toprealman: 6:36am On Jan 02, 2021
Segun what is wrong with you investing in Nigerian football clubs? The money you make from Nollywood if I may ask, is it counterfeit?
Baba is already battling two runz girls, the last thing he wants is an unsolicited adviser telling him how to spend his money.

5 Likes

Re: Segun Arinze Tells Dangote To Invest In Nigerian Football Clubs by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:36am On Jan 02, 2021
That can be possible if Nigerian youths invest their time in watching their matches

4 Likes

Re: Segun Arinze Tells Dangote To Invest In Nigerian Football Clubs by Taiwojon(m): 6:37am On Jan 02, 2021
please leave him to invest in where he likes nah!!!!

let him invest in arsenal joor.

please brother and sister

invest in God today through Jesus Christ and get unlimited rewards, gains and immeasurable blessings

repent of your sins and get save. Jesus love you and he is calling you

Jesus save

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Celebrities With Ties To Illuminati In Nigeria? / Imeh Bishop Umoh And His Wife Idara Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary / Paul Okoye's Photoshoot With Munosings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.