Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra (36455 Views)

Phone Thieves Caught In Port Harcourt, Beaten To Pulp / Man Fighting A Cart Pusher Inside Gutter For Slightly Scratching His Car / Robbers Break Into Lagos Canteen, Cart Away Pots Of Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra by dre11(m): 9:51am On Jan 02, 2021
Suspected armed robbers have invaded Alor community in Idemmili South Local Government Area of Anambra State and stole a newly installed water pumping machine at their primary health centre.

A mobile telecommunication giant, MTN Nigeria, Saturday Sun gathered, had drilled the borehole in the clinic on the directive of the Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr Chris Ngige, to whom they had offered the project as a gift.

Narrating what transpired during the annual general meeting convened by Alor People’s Assembly (APA), Ngige told his kinsmen that MTN had offered to drill the borehole near his house but he directed them to the clinic.

“MTN Nigeria wanted to give me a borehole. They said that they would site it in my village area; my village square. But I said ‘no, locate it for me in the community’s health centre.’ It was their Corporate Social Responsibility.

“They built it in the health centre as I directed. They have also tested it. But do you know what happened? The day I came to flag off a free medical programme I sponsored which was held in the health centre, I was told that thieves have stolen the sumo (water pumping machine).

“The borehole was built about three months ago. There was no water in the hospital. I had to buy water. I supplied the health centre with tanker loads of water for the programme. Nurses told me that there was no single security man working in the hospital”, Ngige lamented.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/thieves-invade-anambra-community-cart-away-mtns-gift-to-ngige/

1 Like

Re: Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra by majamajic(m): 9:54am On Jan 02, 2021
grin grin grin

Possibly the thief mama might be admitted in that hospital soon or later

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra by favor914: 9:56am On Jan 02, 2021

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra by pyyxxaro: 9:58am On Jan 02, 2021
Igbo Amaka cool

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra by LibertyRep: 10:01am On Jan 02, 2021
Have you reported at the nearest police station?

6 Likes

Re: Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra by tyup(m): 10:03am On Jan 02, 2021
shocked

Well, no matter how dumb a Northerner can get but he'll never steal/loot anything meant to be of Help to the Locals in the which they directly or indirectly gain from. The truth is, No matter how Igbos think themselves to be, they really can't be in any way as sensible as an Average northerner

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra by osamz007: 10:20am On Jan 02, 2021
tyup:
shocked

Well, no matter how dumb a Northerner can get but he'll never steal/loot anything meant to be of Help to the Locals in which they directly or indirectly gain from. The truth is, No matter how Igbos think themselves to be but they really can't be in any way as sensible as an Average northerner

117 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra by seborrhic: 10:27am On Jan 02, 2021
Unless it's a borehole from outer space,but a borehole including tank installation doesn't cost more than ₦350,000;₦500,000 at most,if it's a place with low water table.
Is that what Ngige couldn't afford and didn't have in his house before MTN came into the picture?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra by kingphilip(m): 2:14pm On Jan 02, 2021
Na themselves dem de do sha

How can you go to rub a health center?

3 Likes

Re: Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra by Tolexander: 3:21pm On Jan 02, 2021
A mobile telecommunication giant, MTN Nigeria, Saturday Sun gathered, had drilled the borehole in the clinic on the directive of the Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr Chris Ngige, to whom they had offered the project as a gift.
Private organization offering a public office holder a project as gift?

Issokay

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra by AuwalYusuf812(m): 3:22pm On Jan 02, 2021
No problem, is our money.

#WeMove.

1 Like

Re: Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra by Kennyking1234: 3:22pm On Jan 02, 2021
Yh I was at the event when he said it...

1 Like

Re: Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 02, 2021
haaa

Is that so??

All I can type is

congrats to the bride and groom.
may their marriage be blessed with fruits of the womb.

But,Ngige was present that day,wasn't he??
Re: Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra by SILVERLINES: 3:22pm On Jan 02, 2021
One of the reason we can't get further
Re: Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra by Starcrest1: 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2021
Lol these criminals are not smiling.....

They ain't brilliant.....

1 Like

Re: Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra by GboyegaD(m): 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2021
Hmm... we dey do ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2021
Witch cry yesterday
Pikin die today

who no sabi wetin witch don do
Re: Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra by nonut: 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2021
majamajic:
grin grin grin

Possibly the thief mama might be admitted in that hospital soon or later
grin
Re: Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra by Gabe427: 3:24pm On Jan 02, 2021
rubbish
Re: Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra by SILVERLINES: 3:24pm On Jan 02, 2021
[[s]quote author=tyup post=97639437]shocked

Well, no matter how dumb a Northerner can get but he'll never steal/loot anything meant to be of Help to the Locals in which they directly or indirectly gain from. The truth is, No matter how Igbos think themselves to be but they really can't be in any way as sensible as an Average northerner [/quote[/s]]

2 Likes

Re: Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra by MajohBankz: 3:25pm On Jan 02, 2021
Thieves not armed robbers
Re: Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra by Marvellously2Me: 3:25pm On Jan 02, 2021
They stole the benefit whole community

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra by VEXT: 3:26pm On Jan 02, 2021
tyup:
shocked

Well, no matter how dumb a Northerner can get but he'll never steal/loot anything meant to be of Help to the Locals in which they directly or indirectly gain from. The truth is, No matter how Igbos think themselves to be but they really can't be in any way as sensible as an Average northerner

Ye.. Shekau is from Anambra state

14 Likes

Re: Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra by gabriel66386: 3:27pm On Jan 02, 2021
It must be those ESN Criminals.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra by Pauladex(m): 3:27pm On Jan 02, 2021
That is the mentality of an average Nigerian, They used any opportunity to enrich their pocket without considering the repercussion. Just imagine number of life that will lost in that hospital as a result of that stupid act. I give up on Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra by Generalwoodz(m): 3:28pm On Jan 02, 2021
gabriel66386:
It must be those ESN Criminals.

Should we now blame Amotekun on every crime that happens in Yoruba state ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra by Abilistic(m): 3:28pm On Jan 02, 2021
While they were busy fighting for igweship.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra by engrchykae(m): 3:30pm On Jan 02, 2021
tyup:
shocked

igbos steal properties,foolanis steal lives.
Plague of a scrawny looking baboons

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thieves Cart Away MTN’s Gift To Ngige In Alor, Anambra by Lawsaite: 3:30pm On Jan 02, 2021
SeasonedMEMBER:
Please someone should fund my online bet account for me nah, please any amount at all. I really feel frustrated and I have a feeling that I should try my luck on this week's games. Please guys, I usually follow my instincts and it usually comes out positive. Please guys
Bro leave this bet of a thing this new year, focus on getting your hands on something. I was once here, I now know better. If you must even bet, which I wouldn't advice, do so when you're financially buoyant, such as when you don't know what to do with the money again. How can you be begging for money to punt with and you expect someone to actually help you. My two cents though...

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Agnes Asempana Of GCB Bank Commits Suicide In Ghana By Hanging / Jealous Lover Traces Cheating Girlfriend To Hotel, Damages Property / Political Thugs Storm Man's House In Kogi, Shoot Him Dead. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.