Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,752 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Current Price Of Yam At Zaki Biam, Lagos And Portharcourt - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Current Price Of Yam At Zaki Biam, Lagos And Portharcourt (2280 Views)

Nigeria Is World’s Largest Producer Of Yam In FAO Ranking ― FG / How Much Is The Current Price Of Cashew Nuts In Your Area / See The Current Price Of Day Old Turkeys. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Current Price Of Yam At Zaki Biam, Lagos And Portharcourt by Adasutee(m): 10:57am On Jan 02, 2021
Compliments of the season Nairalnders!

1.What is the current range of kwarai (100pcs) of yam at Zaki Biam yam market, Lagos and Portharcourt.

2. Current rate of transportation from Zaki Biam to Lagos and PortHarcourt respectively.

3. What are the risk factors to consider before engaging in the business

4. How much does one need for a good start?

Anyone with accurate and reliable information should kindly assist

Thanks!

WhatsApp: 08036575483

1 Like

Re: Current Price Of Yam At Zaki Biam, Lagos And Portharcourt by Mide3367: 12:08pm On Jan 02, 2021
No idea
Re: Current Price Of Yam At Zaki Biam, Lagos And Portharcourt by pillarmaria(m): 9:34pm On Jan 02, 2021
Hello.... There are no fixed prices for yams, it all depends on the sizes. Irrespective of size 100 tubers of yams could be gotten between #15,000-#60,000.
Any amount you have between this range can fetch you a kwari of yam.
TP to PH is #5000 per hundred.
II am a dealer but for now I only supply to people in PH and my market isn't Zaki Biam because yams are expensive there due to high rate of demand.
Re: Current Price Of Yam At Zaki Biam, Lagos And Portharcourt by Adasutee(m): 9:46pm On Jan 02, 2021
@pillarmaria, Thanks for your comment.
So which route would you advise someone to ply, base on your experience in the business.
And what is the lucrativity in it?
Re: Current Price Of Yam At Zaki Biam, Lagos And Portharcourt by pillarmaria(m): 9:54pm On Jan 02, 2021
Adasutee:
@pillarmaria, Thanks for your comment.
So which route would you advise someone to ply, base on your experience in the business.
And what is the lucrativity in it?
Yam business is lucrative, you are guaranteed to get at least about 40% back in profit if you are retailing it yourself.
But the risk factor just like every business is in its preservation.
It's safer to sell off fast as too much exposure to sunlight and heat causes it to spoil and once a single yam starts spoiling if you don't notice and separate it from the others it will spoil your whole stock.

1 Like

Re: Current Price Of Yam At Zaki Biam, Lagos And Portharcourt by Adasutee(m): 10:28pm On Jan 02, 2021
@pillarmaria, Interesting: but between Zaki Biam and Garatu which would you advise when you consider selling either in Lagos or PH
Re: Current Price Of Yam At Zaki Biam, Lagos And Portharcourt by pillarmaria(m): 12:20pm On Jan 03, 2021
Adasutee:
@pillarmaria, Interesting: but between Zaki Biam and Garatu which would you advise when you consider selling either in Lagos or PH
Garatu is in Niger state and the market is smaller and with low demand. At times yams get cheaper there but you can't compare the sweetness of Benue yams to theirs.
Re: Current Price Of Yam At Zaki Biam, Lagos And Portharcourt by 3ncrypted: 2:54pm On Jan 03, 2021
@pillarmari. I'm in Lagos can you buy for me.
Re: Current Price Of Yam At Zaki Biam, Lagos And Portharcourt by Adasutee(m): 10:40pm On Jan 03, 2021
I will be going to Niger tomorrow for a survey to be sure of the current market situation there and also to enquire if there yams move faster in Lagos.

Thereafter would check Benue markets too because I learnt yams are not as cheap as anticipated at Zaki biam and transportation is not easily accessible either

1 Like

Re: Current Price Of Yam At Zaki Biam, Lagos And Portharcourt by Adasutee(m): 8:00am On Jan 06, 2021
I came back from Niger state yesterday and I can decisively tell you that the price of yam is purposefully increasing by the day and that applies to other areas based on my research. So for those who want to buy either for storage or sell, this is the right time to start so you can stick your legs firmly in the business. For those that don't like the stress of going round to source for yams, you can contact me on WhatsApp for your seamless supply.

1 Like

Re: Current Price Of Yam At Zaki Biam, Lagos And Portharcourt by Adasutee(m): 10:15am On Jan 09, 2021
I am currently in Mile 12 market here in Lagos and market is begining to pick up.

From my research: Benue yams are trading better, and they're affordable in the bush, so anyone interested in Benue yams should contact me on WhatsApp. Am leaving Lagos tomorrow and will be in Benue next week

I look forward to hearing from you ASAP

1 Like

Re: Current Price Of Yam At Zaki Biam, Lagos And Portharcourt by Onekinging: 2:22am On Nov 13, 2021
What's the current price of big 100pcs of Benue yam?
Re: Current Price Of Yam At Zaki Biam, Lagos And Portharcourt by Onekinging: 2:23am On Nov 13, 2021
Any Benue yam farmer here willing to supply in large quantity

1 Like

Re: Current Price Of Yam At Zaki Biam, Lagos And Portharcourt by Raregem33: 2:28am On Nov 13, 2021
I supply yams in whole from Benue.. contact me for any transaction I have a storage barn in Abuja..Kabusa area. Contact me 07080044359

1 Like

Re: Current Price Of Yam At Zaki Biam, Lagos And Portharcourt by Onekinging: 2:36am On Nov 13, 2021
Raregem33:
I supply yams in whole from Benue.. contact me for any transaction I have a storage barn in Abuja..Kabusa area. Contact me 07080044359
how much is 100pcs of big Benue yam?
Re: Current Price Of Yam At Zaki Biam, Lagos And Portharcourt by Raregem33: 11:03am On Nov 13, 2021
Onekinging:
how much is 100pcs of big Benue yam?
it all depends on the size of these tubers..I sold over 1600pieces in the last 3months..my supply keeps increasing because I bring them directly from my moms village but I reside in Abuja....

1 Like

Re: Current Price Of Yam At Zaki Biam, Lagos And Portharcourt by Raregem33: 11:05am On Nov 13, 2021
100pieces is 85000 ..additional charges may be added all depending on transportation to various locations accross the country

1 Like

Re: Current Price Of Yam At Zaki Biam, Lagos And Portharcourt by Jaccess(m): 4:21pm On Nov 26, 2021
Raregem33:
100pieces is 85000 ..additional charges may be added all depending on transportation to various locations accross the country
Did you say #85000 for 100 tubers?
Dats way too expensive na, or are u adding the transport Fair?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Comprehensive description of an intensive snail farm and snails fattening feed / Send Foodstuffs And Goods To UK At An Extremely Discounted Price / Small Rice Destoner Machine Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.